3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Ideal Protein Diet (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet-236/)
-   -   The Canada Thread - Vol. 2 (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet/287900-canada-thread-vol-2-a.html)

stephascope 03-26-2014 02:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nsesmith (Post 4971231)
Thank you for the welcome hiker88. Your weight loss is inspiring to me. I hope to see similar results as you.

I am loving the Quest bars - who knew something so good could be so high in protein and fibre too. I see that Popeyes Supplement Store has the cases on special, so I think I will get them from there.

I also found the simply chips so I will be trying those too.

It is snowing here in Calgary today. I am done with winter! Bring on spring please!

I'm in Calgary too. This sucks! :mad:

Sheriously 03-26-2014 07:19 PM

So I didn't end up at GNC as planned...I had no time in town today, and I live outside of town, so I got desperate and looked online. And the angels started to sing. Check it out.... (p.s. I bought 2 boxes and my shipping was a little over $7 CDN) http://ca.bodybuilding.com/store/que...questid=626005

I can't figure out why the Cookies and Creme are so much cheaper than all of the others! I can't find the damn things anywhere else, AND they're cheaper. Hope it's not one of those things in life that are "too good to be true" and I end up with an email like "ooops, we made a mistake". LOL

JenJen444 03-26-2014 08:39 PM

Another Calgarian here (also sick of snow).

I was in GNC on Saturday and they had Quest bars on sale: 2 boxes for $48, and that was without a membership! I've never been able to get them that cheap anywhere. Don't know how long that deal lasts.

nsesmith 03-26-2014 08:50 PM

I hope that sale is still on!

Wow! I will have to head to a GNC tomorrow to see if that deal is still on. Most places I have gone to they average $39.99 a case.

Sheriously 03-26-2014 08:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JenJen444 (Post 4971444)
Another Calgarian here (also sick of snow).

I was in GNC on Saturday and they had Quest bars on sale: 2 boxes for $48, and that was without a membership! I've never been able to get them that cheap anywhere. Don't know how long that deal lasts.

WHAT? That's awesome!! The guy I talked to today told me that my box would be close to $30....so I guess it all depends on what location?? I don't know. Man your deal is way better! haha :)

JenJen444 03-26-2014 10:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nsesmith (Post 4971453)
Wow! I will have to head to a GNC tomorrow to see if that deal is still on. Most places I have gone to they average $39.99 a case.

Good luck! I got them at the Market Mall location. There were no sale signs, but when I took my box up the cashier told me about the deal.

As for the Cookies and Cream, to me they taste exactly the same as the cookie dough variety. Still good, but a bit of a letdown.

canadjineh 03-27-2014 07:43 PM

I never noticed this Canada Thread before... Well, here I am now - I live in south central BC. I'm soooo looking forward to spring (& glad I don't live in Halifax right now.) I'm on IP maintenance.

nsesmith 03-27-2014 11:29 PM

GNC buy 2 get one free Quest Bars

I went to GNC and they have a deal of buy 2 get one free for Quest bars. So, I stocked up with 24 and bought an assortment of flavours.

Taking my son to see The Muppets tomorrow. My movie experience always includes popcorn with butter and a coke. But this time a bottle of water and one of my quest bars!

Proudmama2maet 03-27-2014 11:45 PM

The deal in BC for Quest bars at GNC (or at least in the Okanagan) is buy 3 get 1 free. Alberta has a better deal! :)

RA 2 03-28-2014 06:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by canadjineh (Post 4972092)
I never noticed this Canada Thread before... Well, here I am now - I live in south central BC. I'm soooo looking forward to spring (& glad I don't live in Halifax right now.) I'm on IP maintenance.

:wave: Hello from Halifax! Nice bonus to have this thread to connect and follow fellow Canadian IP'ers journeys. Wednesday's blizzard was pretty wild. I think all of Atlantic Canada was closed. Two years ago on that date it was +28. :dizzy: I lived in Calgary for 6 years and have traveled across this beautiful country twice. Looking forward to reading the posts here from all of you.

canadjineh 03-28-2014 01:39 PM

Halifax storm

Hi RA 2: I watched the online posts of my Halifax friends on MyFitnessPal as they logged their exercise calories shovelling snow, Brrrr! We still scrape the windshield free of frost in the Shuswap, but no snow on the lawn, and they are sweeping the streets this week.

Hey anybody: What's the nutrients profile on Quest bars & are they Gluten Free? I don't remember seeing them around. But then again I mainly use Vega Protein Powder in a shaker cup with water (90 cal, 3g net carbs, 15g protein, AND 0g fat!!) Tasty in Tropical Tango. Most of the bars I've seen are seriously more along the profile of regular chocolate bars with some extra protein - not very helpful!!

Thanks,
Liana
:snow4:

canadjineh 03-28-2014 01:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by canadjineh (Post 4972571)

Hey anybody: What's the nutrients profile on Quest bars & are they Gluten Free? I don't remember seeing them around.
Thanks,
Liana
:snow4:

Hah, found the link on Google (duh :doh:)

https://www.questproteinbar.com/

dlr9774 03-28-2014 11:04 PM

Tired and needing this weekend to recoup and relax. I had a massage after work today, Friday. I plan to make my IP waffle (from the IP pudding powder) for breakfast tomorrow. What are you fellow Canadian IPer's eating this weekend?

nsesmith 03-28-2014 11:11 PM

I made a giant salad so when hunger strikes I have a very healthy option ready to go.

The weather in Calgary is still cold and it is supposed to snow :mad:

I plan to relax and get some chores off my list.

I was wondering if anyone else is using CALM magnesium? I bought it yesterday at Superstore and have taken it twice now. Love the raspberry lemon flavor!

Proudmama2maet 03-28-2014 11:22 PM

nsesmith, can you tell me about the CALM magnesium. Is this an alt product to IP's Cal-Mag?