3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Ideal Protein Diet (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet-236/)
-   -   The Canada Thread - Vol. 2 (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet/287900-canada-thread-vol-2-a.html)

ChipnDip 03-23-2014 08:46 PM

My favourites have been
- ChocoLite shakes from www.lowcarbgrocery.com
- Smaps cereal from www.lowcarbgrocery.com (with a little bit of the ChocoLite French Vanilla shake watered down as milk)
- New Hope Mills Pancake Mix from www.lowcarbgrocery.com (but when I add the eggs and water and oil, I do it differently than the box suggests)
- Simply Chips from www.well.ca
and last but not least my all time favourites......
- Quest bars from www.lowcarbgrocery.com, www.vitamart.ca and just discovered a sale at www.canadianprotein.com (havent ordered from them.[/QUOTE]

I had my first quest bar and it was yummy. Cinnamon roll.

What exactly are simply chips? The only food I really miss are chips ( my weakness, hence my username) My clinic wasn't carrying the new IP chips yet. Hoping they will be there for my next WI.

Proudmama2maet 03-23-2014 10:40 PM

Hi ChipNDip, if your clinic gets the IP crisps- buy them!! They are great! I've got BBQ and Salt and Vinegar here and they give a nice crunch to them and the flavor is good. I prefer S&V but did with regular chips too but the BBQ is really good as well. They are also unrestricted so it's tempting to eat them for all 3 meals! :)

ChipnDip 03-24-2014 05:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Proudmama2maet (Post 4969433)
Hi ChipNDip, if your clinic gets the IP crisps- buy them!! They are great! I've got BBQ and Salt and Vinegar here and they give a nice crunch to them and the flavor is good. I prefer S&V but did with regular chips too but the BBQ is really good as well. They are also unrestricted so it's tempting to eat them for all 3 meals! :)

Are they smoky BBQ or more hot BBQ? I have never really like the smoky kind when it comes to chips but I also find the southwest puffs a little too spicy. My taste buds have changed since being on the diet with the kind of hotter spices I do like but I still can't manage the southwest ones!

Any input on soy nuts? How are they different from bulk barn? I can buy a lot of soy nuts for $30! Not sure if it is worth the price.

Sheriously 03-24-2014 06:31 PM

Here is a link to one of the Simply Chips flavours ... there is this one (BBQ) http://well.ca/products/simply-choic...ips_81010.html but there's also a Garlic & Herb and a Chili flavour. I have only had the Chili so far. They are very crunchy, but shaped kind of like a thick Frito. Very very good flavour, but I have to say the Chili is quite hot-spicy...almost too hot for this lover of spice. Still like the flavour though. I want to try the BBQ and I'm a little afraid to try the Herb and Garlic, because I find the Chili garlicky! Also keep in mind these are "restricted" snacks.

Proudmama2maet 03-24-2014 11:19 PM

ChipNDip, I would say that the BBQ Crisps are more of a smoky flavor than hot. I don't find them spicy at all. The Salt and Vinegar ones have a malt type flavor similar to Ms. Vickies. The crisp itself reminds me of some really thin, crispy whole wheat rice cakes that I've had from the grocery store. Because i looovve chips, i'm going to also buy some of the Simply Chips that Sheriously recommended for the days where I want as close as possible to the real deal. :)

lisa32989 03-24-2014 11:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sheriously (Post 4969952)
Here is a link to one of the Simply Chips flavours ... there is this one (BBQ) http://well.ca/products/simply-choic...ips_81010.html but there's also a Garlic & Herb and a Chili flavour. I have only had the Chili so far. They are very crunchy, but shaped kind of like a thick Frito. Very very good flavour, but I have to say the Chili is quite hot-spicy...almost too hot for this lover of spice. Still like the flavour though. I want to try the BBQ and I'm a little afraid to try the Herb and Garlic, because I find the Chili garlicky! Also keep in mind these are "restricted" snacks.

Herb & garlic is my fav. Chili is definitely spicy! BBQ is new. I've not had it. Just recently saw it is available

shrinkingsusie 03-25-2014 07:50 AM

I found two boxes of the herb ones at home sense of all places. It was a while back though. I save them for movie theatre treats. :) they taste a bit like a crouton to me.

nsesmith 03-25-2014 02:09 PM

Hello everyone

I am just getting started, and am doing an alternative version of IP. I live in Calgary and am motivated to lose 50 pounds.

I found this thread and think it is the best resource, thank you for sharing your insights. I know this will be invaluable to me on this journey!

Sheriously 03-25-2014 05:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by shrinkingsusie (Post 4970245)
I found two boxes of the herb ones at home sense of all places. It was a while back though. I save them for movie theatre treats. :) they taste a bit like a crouton to me.

Homesense always has some pretty interesting things in the "food" section. I keep meaning to go check it out for potential IP stuff. Thanks for the reminder.

ChipnDip 03-25-2014 06:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by shrinkingsusie (Post 4970245)

I will have to check there. I don't want to buy a whole case!

dlr9774 03-25-2014 08:43 PM

had my weekly WI today and down: .4. Not much but I have been under so much tension and stress. I saw doctor yesterday - said a lot of tension (head felt like my brain was growing)- hence TENSION HEADACHE. This week with be better for me. I will accept myself and set realistic expectations at work and home. IP is not the problem here, I enjoy the IP food and diet, it's the pace of life FAST that is sometimes the problem. BREATH!

dlr9774 03-25-2014 09:01 PM

Thank you for the advice on the SIMPLY CHIPS from Wells.ca
I might order these in the future, and other MUST HAVES for alternative products?

Hiker88 03-25-2014 11:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nsesmith (Post 4970486)
Hello everyone

I am just getting started, and am doing an alternative version of IP. I live in Calgary and am motivated to lose 50 pounds.

I found this thread and think it is the best resource, thank you for sharing your insights. I know this will be invaluable to me on this journey!

Welcome nsesmith!! You have found a great group of people here!! Feel free to vent, ask questions and then give support to others... 3Fc's is a great resource... all the best on your journey!!

Sheriously 03-26-2014 11:29 AM

I'm almost out of Quest Bars and I'll be grumpy if I run out...so I called GNC and found out they've got the buy 3 get one free thing. Too bad I'm not a member cuz it would be super cheap if I was. Just thought I'd let you know there's a deal on right now.

nsesmith 03-26-2014 01:49 PM

Thank you for the welcome hiker88. Your weight loss is inspiring to me. I hope to see similar results as you.

I am loving the Quest bars - who knew something so good could be so high in protein and fibre too. I see that Popeyes Supplement Store has the cases on special, so I think I will get them from there.

I also found the simply chips so I will be trying those too.

It is snowing here in Calgary today. I am done with winter! Bring on spring please!