Closed Thread

Old 08-13-2013, 10:03 PM   #76  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonyasbug View Post
Sorry this is too late for dinner tonight but I love jimaca. I peel it and then use a large grater and grate the whole thing. I measure it out and cook it in a frying pan w a evoo and seasoning. To me its almost like hash browns. Sugar free ketchup if you will and delish!
ooh hmm okay i will try that next day off...i went with turnip fries for tonight instead but thanks for the input I have the hardest time finding recipes on these forums without having to go through many pages

Quote:
Originally Posted by I can do anything View Post
I had the worst day at work today plus I was starving at lunch because I wasn't able to have a snack. I was on the way to the cafeteria thinking about how good a cheat would be, but I said to myself that just because today is out of control I have control over what I eat. I was able to stay on program and at the end of the day I am proud of myself for staying on program. It was a small victory.
that's not a small victory...i'd say its a rather MASSIVE Victory...i took self control and insight you should be very proud of yourself
Old 08-14-2013, 12:21 AM   #77  
sugar is the devil

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonyasbug View Post
Sorry this is too late for dinner tonight but I love jimaca. I peel it and then use a large grater and grate the whole thing. I measure it out and cook it in a frying pan w a evoo and seasoning. To me its almost like hash browns. Sugar free ketchup if you will and delish!
MMM I'm planning to make an omelet later this week for supper. I don't think I could put 2 cups worth of veggies in the omelet... that's a lot of veg. I bought a jicama at the asian market this week and was going to research how to eat it. I think I'll make a cup of hashbrown jicama to pair with my omelet splashed with some hot sauce instead of ketchup...
Old 08-14-2013, 01:46 AM   #78  

I've found some recipes deep in the IP vaults for jimaca (i knew they must exist, just was hoping to eat the jimaca dinner, oh well another night lol)...i will post it in recipe #4 thread for those interested
Old 08-14-2013, 04:50 AM   #79  
sugar is the devil

Quote:
Originally Posted by Art3mis View Post
I've found some recipes deep in the IP vaults for jimaca (i knew they must exist, just was hoping to eat the jimaca dinner, oh well another night lol)...i will post it in recipe #4 thread for those interested
Thanks for the recipes! I printed them out and added it to my ever-growing Ideal Protein recipe binder Will probably use soon since I got a whole jicama to experiment with!
Closed Thread