Closed Thread

Old 08-13-2013, 09:49 AM   #16  
Started IP 5/13/13

S/C/G: 185/128/135

Height: 5' 4 1/2"

Quote:
Originally Posted by lisa32989 View Post
I know I posted the zucchini muffin recipe on a recipe thread (maybe #3?) but since it has come up, here ya go:

1 IP packet (or alt). you can use potato puree, oatmeal (protithin has unrestricted), or puddings such as banana, lemon, or chocolate.

1-2 egg whites (I use 1)
.5 tsp baking powder

1 c shredded zucchini, either sauteed or microwaved for 5 minutes. It reduces and you'll have to drain it (and cool it so it doesn't cook the egg whites)

Seasonings as preferred (depending on flavor. Vanilla is good in oatmeal, so is pumpkin pie spice or cinnamon. Garlic & pepper is good in potato rolls. A few poppy seeds add a nice boost to lemon)

Spray nonstick muffin tin. Do not use papers. Protein STICKS!
Bake 350 for 15-20 minutes. Watch them carefully. Every oven is different. Mine is different depending WHERE in the oven!

1 packet makes 3 muffins for me.

I usually make a dozen (4 servings) at once

This recipe can omit the zucchini. The texture is very different.
Thank you, thank you Lisa! I missed the part about not using papers. They stuck, but I used a butter knife to scrape out every bit! I love these muffins!!! Need to order more oatmeal.
Old 08-13-2013, 09:51 AM   #17  

ProtiDiet sells nonrestricted oatmeal in a wonderful cost-saving tub.
It was GREAT for me until I gave up soy
Now the only non-soy oatmeal option is restricted
Old 08-13-2013, 09:55 AM   #18  

Quote:
i need to find some oatmeal stuff.....i bet ip okay oatmeal muffins are amazing.
Old 08-13-2013, 10:12 AM   #19  
Started IP 5/13/13

S/C/G: 185/128/135

Height: 5' 4 1/2"

Quote:
I am gettin' me a jug o' that!
Old 08-13-2013, 10:20 AM   #20  

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by dak1lls View Post
Happy Tuesday everyone! I just finished my Oatmeal/Zucchini muffins and a cup of coffee. Way to start the day. DH loves these muffins too! So happy I found the recipe.

Had a food dream last night, and that hasn't happened for a while. Dreamed I was eating Triscuit crackers the size of dinner plates and kept shoving them in my mouth! I was so unhappy that I cheated. I don't even like Triscuit crackers! I woke up and it took a while before I realized I really hadn't eaten them. Too funny and weird.
Good luck on day 2!
Happy Tuesday to you too! That's too funny about the food dream! It's been a while for me

Quote:
Originally Posted by caressme View Post
Wait .. I dont think I got the light one .. :ugly cry face: lol ..
Aw man that sucks! Don't worry, live and learn! I have a plain vanilla muscle milk that has been rolling around the backseat of my truck for weeks because I mistakenly grabbed it. Well now I have something for absolute emergencies, I guess? Lol!

Quote:
I know I posted the zucchini muffin recipe on a recipe thread (maybe #3?) but since it has come up, here ya go:

1 IP packet (or alt). you can use potato puree, oatmeal (protithin has unrestricted), or puddings such as banana, lemon, or chocolate.

1-2 egg whites (I use 1)
.5 tsp baking powder

1 c shredded zucchini, either sauteed or microwaved for 5 minutes. It reduces and you'll have to drain it (and cool it so it doesn't cook the egg whites)

Seasonings as preferred (depending on flavor. Vanilla is good in oatmeal, so is pumpkin pie spice or cinnamon. Garlic & pepper is good in potato rolls. A few poppy seeds add a nice boost to lemon)

Spray nonstick muffin tin. Do not use papers. Protein STICKS!
Bake 350 for 15-20 minutes. Watch them carefully. Every oven is different. Mine is different depending WHERE in the oven!

1 packet makes 3 muffins for me.

I usually make a dozen (4 servings) at once

This recipe can omit the zucchini. The texture is very different.
Thanks Lisa! You rock I bought some potato puree because of your rave reviews, though I have yet to make any rolls!

Hope everyone's off to a great Tuesday so far! Last night after work I decided to try doing half of a P90X DVD. I only feel a little sore but I sure am sleepy this morning. I am not sure if I want to keep exercising, I like seeing the scale go down too much and I'd like to be in maintenance by thanksgiving, although I am very excited by the thought of being able to have an extra snack. Would love to hear any of you wonderful people's thoughts on that! Have a great day!
Old 08-13-2013, 10:24 AM   #21  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aydubs View Post
HAHA!!! Today is my day 4 and last night I had a dream that I cheated by eating frozen yogurt....I mean, if I'm gonna cheat, it sure as **** isn't going to be with FroYo!!!
Me too! My cheat dreams are always disappointing. Even, if for some reason, I do dream about a food that I LOOOVE... it's never as good as I remember/imagine it to be. And it's that way in real life, too. Last year when I went off IP, I was so stoked to eat everything. Then when I did, it didn't taste that great and I missed the feeling of looking forward to getting on the scale in the morning.
Old 08-13-2013, 10:33 AM   #22  

S/C/G: 230.8/199.5/150

Height: 5'2

Good morning everyone! Hope your weeks are off to a good start!

I had my official weigh-in last night and I am happy to report that I am officially in ONEDERLAND (I hit 199 last Friday but have been fluctuating back and forth... no more!) AND I lost 4.5 inches this week! Big week for me

Glad the scale/measuring tape is cooperating with me as I work my way back to IP euphoria after my phase off and vacation last month.

Hope your day is sunnier than my dreary rainy day in CT
Old 08-13-2013, 10:44 AM   #23  

S/C/G: 249.4/180/WhenIFeelSexyNaked

Height: 5'eff all

Quote:
Originally Posted by amt6 View Post
Good morning everyone! Hope your weeks are off to a good start!

I had my official weigh-in last night and I am happy to report that I am officially in ONEDERLAND (I hit 199 last Friday but have been fluctuating back and forth... no more!) AND I lost 4.5 inches this week! Big week for me

Glad the scale/measuring tape is cooperating with me as I work my way back to IP euphoria after my phase off and vacation last month.

Hope your day is sunnier than my dreary rainy day in CT
Way to go!!!
Huge accomplishment
Old 08-13-2013, 10:45 AM   #24  
IP start date 12/12/12

S/C/G: 197.6/191.8/150

Height: 5'5.5"

Good morning folks! I am returning to IP (w/alternatives) after a few months of maintaining. I just finished Tough Mudder on Saturday and I rocked it! Never been so proud!

I have maintained within 3 lbs for the last 4 months or so by remaining low carb and now I'm ready to get the last 20ish off before our Xmas trip to Puerto Vallarta!

Today is day 2 and I am pumped!

It'll take me a bit to get to know the new faces...and I see some faces that have changed so much I thought they were new! (You look great Lisa!)
Old 08-13-2013, 10:59 AM   #25  

S/C/G: 214/211/150

Must have been the night for food dreams. I had a dream that I just kept fighting, like it was real, I was eating chocolate cupcakes with chocolate buttercream frosting, after I finished the 6th one, I woke up and went to the bathroom and was so thankful it was a dream.

Rainy, dreary day in upstate NY. Have a great day, I start PT one week from today, yikes
Old 08-13-2013, 11:10 AM   #26  

S/C/G: 301/290/180

Height: 5'10

Good Morning All!!

Rainy here in the DC Metro too. Gloomy days make me sleepy!!

I had a great night out with DH last night for a monthly happy hour we go to, and took loads of the tips I found here with me - planned ahead, had a nice big glass of water, and munched on some pickles while everyone else was hanging out chatting. It was great! And though the fries a friend was eating smelled incredible! I just kept on plan.

Hope everyone has a great day!
Old 08-13-2013, 11:19 AM   #27  

S/C/G: 181.8/goal weight 135

Height: 4'10

In a nutshell, this is what you are looking for
- under 160 calories (unrestricted but better if 80-120)
- under 200 calories (restricted)
- less than 30% calories from fat (multiply calories from fat by 3; if lower than the total calories product is fine)
- 8g or less NET carbs - unrestricted (NET =total carbs minus fiber)
- 9g-16g net carbs - restricted
- 17g net carbs - super restricted (only twice per week)
- above 17g net carbs is too high to be good for Phase 1
- at least 12-15g protein

Thanks Lisa, I'm making a copy of this and keeping it in my wallet.
Old 08-13-2013, 11:25 AM   #28  

S/C/G: 187+hi/177.7start IP/109/112.7

Height: 4'10"

Default Suggestion

Quote:
Originally Posted by rhondamarie View Post
In a nutshell, this is what you are looking for
- under 160 calories (unrestricted but better if 80-120)
- under 200 calories (restricted)
- less than 30% calories from fat (multiply calories from fat by 3; if lower than the total calories product is fine)
- 8g or less NET carbs - unrestricted (NET =total carbs minus fiber)
- 9g-16g net carbs - restricted
- 17g net carbs - super restricted (only twice per week)
- above 17g net carbs is too high to be good for Phase 1
- at least 12-15g protein

Thanks Lisa, I'm making a copy of this and keeping it in my wallet.
Suggestion: Cut and paste then send to yourself for easy access on your smart phone! I keep a folder labeled "IP" for stuff like this in my mailbox so I have info, recipes etc accessible.
Old 08-13-2013, 11:58 AM   #29  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bellamack View Post
Must have been the night for food dreams. I had a dream that I just kept fighting, like it was real, I was eating chocolate cupcakes with chocolate buttercream frosting, after I finished the 6th one, I woke up and went to the bathroom and was so thankful it was a dream.

Rainy, dreary day in upstate NY. Have a great day, I start PT one week from today, yikes
How funny! Sounds yummy What part of upstate NY are you in? My fiance's family is from a hamlet near Buffalo called Cassadega, mine is from a hamlet near Middletown called Pine Bush
Old 08-13-2013, 12:00 PM   #30  

S/C/G: 262/226/160

Height: 5ft2

Way to go!! amt6 onederland seems like a dream to me!! For me that will be one for the record books!! Not since 1999 have I seen that side of 200!! I am jealous and excited that I can do it!!
Closed Thread