Closed Thread

Old 08-13-2013, 02:39 PM   #46  

Quote:
Originally Posted by April Starter View Post
Hi everyone - had my WI today - I am happy to say I lost 3.2 lbs and 2.5 inches! For it being my week 19, I was very happy as these are "biggish" weekly numbers for me personally. However, my coach remarked that after the scan I went down in lean weight and up just slightly in fat. ???? Does your clinic/center offer the scan? If so, do you put a lot of stock in it's readings? I of course always hope for its accuracy, but I can't help but think there was some sort of hiccup considering my nutritional plan since I've been OP. Thanks for your feedback!
My clinic uses the InBody250 to do the weigh in and scan. They are mostly focused on fat loss and I'm focused on overall weight. I've seen the lean mass/fat numbers jump around quite a bit over the weeks, so I don't worry about it too much. The overall trend is down for body fat, but it's definitely not a straight line.
Old 08-13-2013, 02:40 PM   #47  

S/C/G: 197.6/see ticker/140

Height: 5'7"

WI today and I lost 4.2lbs! Getting the water in and making sure to eat dinner at a reasonable hour surely does make a difference! I saw 158.4 this morning so I'm thinking there's no reason why I shouldn't hit the 150's officially next week. I'm splitting my dinner protein for the week to see what that does for me. And I also discovered that gum really helps for when I think I "need" to eat something. Distract the brain.

Muscle milk light powder sounds pretty exciting! I may have to give it a whirl too.
Old 08-13-2013, 02:45 PM   #48  

S/C/G: 301/290/180

Height: 5'10

Quote:
Originally Posted by SylviesGirl View Post
I don't WI until tomorrow, but wanted to come and share a word of encouragement for today. I did some thrift store shopping this morning. I wanted to share how wonderful it felt to shop in the "regular" department. I wanted to share how wonderful it felt to find several items and actually put some back because they didn't "do" anything for me. All I used to expect from my clothes was that they fit; nothing ever "did" anything for me. Now things can actually look good.

For anyone going wobbly today -- STICK WITH IT. There are ups and downs and times when your mettle will be tested. Keep going. Keep your eye on the prize. You will get there. I still have quite a ways to go on my journey, but I already feel and look so much better that it has become easier in many ways.
Oh man! If there were a "Like" button, I'd be all over this!!! Great words, and just when I needed them! Thank you so much for sharing!!
Old 08-13-2013, 02:52 PM   #49  
IP start date 12/12/12

S/C/G: 197.6/191.8/150

Height: 5'5.5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by SylviesGirl View Post
Welcome back, MrsKuby! I have missed you! Congrats on the Mudder and on maintaining so well.
Hey Sylviesgirl! You were one of the ones I was hoping to find here! I can see by your stats that you are doing great! So happy to see how well you're trucking along!
Old 08-13-2013, 02:58 PM   #50  

S/C/G: 200.8/186.8/150

Height: 5'5 1/2"

Good afternoon, everyone!

I had a very difficult morning. It's TOM and I had a cramps in the bus on the way to work. When I stood to get off the bus, I was bleeding so heavily that I could barely walk (sorry if this is TMI). Afterwards, I was headachy and quite dizzy. I got to my desk at work, sat down, had an IP bar and my coffee and slowly started feeling better. I am okay now. I am not too sure what happened there (drop in blood pressure, maybe?) but I am having beef for dinner tonight for sure! I think I need an iron boost!

I stopped putting soy milk in my morning coffee and my weight loss seems to have rev'ed back up again at what seems to be a more "normal" rate for this stage of this kind of diet. I don't know what they use to sweeten the soy milk (I get it at the coffee shop downstairs) but it's clear that it was not working for me!

Wishing everyone a very successful day!

Last edited by Susie_Bee; 08-13-2013 at 03:02 PM.
Old 08-13-2013, 03:02 PM   #51  
IP Start: 05/16/13

S/C/G: 215.8/140.3/145

Height: 5'5"

Good afternoon all. Just finished my WI (#13) and am down 3.3 pounds! Superhappy after the last two weeks of sluggish losses. Most happy-inducing for me that is that I am officially within a normal body fat percentile! Seriously, I cried. I have been considered obese or overweight for so freaking long and I am finally considered "ideal," "healthy," or "average." I am ecstatic.

Quote:
Originally Posted by amt6 View Post
I had my official weigh-in last night and I am happy to report that I am officially in ONEDERLAND (I hit 199 last Friday but have been fluctuating back and forth... no more!) AND I lost 4.5 inches this week! Big week for me
Congrats and welcome to onederland!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by coloradogirl View Post
My fiance's family is from a hamlet near Buffalo called Cassadega, mine is from a hamlet near Middletown called Pine Bush
So small this world of ours. I am originally from outside Buffalo (East Aurora), but my family all hails from the Middletown/Newburgh NY area!

Quote:
Originally Posted by April Starter View Post
Hi everyone - had my WI today - I am happy to say I lost 3.2 lbs and 2.5 inches! For it being my week 19, I was very happy as these are "biggish" weekly numbers for me personally. However, my coach remarked that after the scan I went down in lean weight and up just slightly in fat. ???? Does your clinic/center offer the scan? If so, do you put a lot of stock in it's readings? I of course always hope for its accuracy, but I can't help but think there was some sort of hiccup considering my nutritional plan since I've been OP. Thanks for your feedback!
My center uses the InBody 520 which shows increases and decreased in lean mass and fat, and provides feedback as to how much more fat to lose, etc. Lean mass can increase and decreases based upon your body and what it is doing. I regularly see increases in lean mass over the weeks, sometimes due to the Big C, although the Big C also shows up in decreased fat loss. It is a strange thing sometimes. My biggest "attentions" go to: weight, total loss, how much fat to lose and body fat percentage.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AprilH3 View Post
WI today and I lost 4.2lbs! Getting the water in and making sure to eat dinner at a reasonable hour surely does make a difference! I saw 158.4 this morning so I'm thinking there's no reason why I shouldn't hit the 150's officially next week. I'm splitting my dinner protein for the week to see what that does for me. And I also discovered that gum really helps for when I think I "need" to eat something. Distract the brain.
Congrats!! I had hoped to dip under 170 this morning but no dice (my home scale said 169 this morning so ... the hope was there). Alas. Rocked in at 170.6. I am trying to remember that it will happen next week.
Old 08-13-2013, 03:07 PM   #52  

S/C/G: 197.6/see ticker/140

Height: 5'7"

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarita75 View Post
Good afternoon all. Just finished my WI (#13) and am down 3.3 pounds! Superhappy after the last two weeks of sluggish losses. Most happy-inducing for me that is that I am officially within a normal body fat percentile! Seriously, I cried. I have been considered obese or overweight for so freaking long and I am finally considered "ideal," "healthy," or "average." I am ecstatic.

Congrats!! I had hoped to dip under 170 this morning but no dice (my home scale said 169 this morning so ... the hope was there). Alas. Rocked in at 170.6. I am trying to remember that it will happen next week.
That's still a great week! We'll both be there next week. That's the best part!
Old 08-13-2013, 03:10 PM   #53  

S/C/G: 181/181/115

Height: 5'3"

Have anyone else's loses slowed down after switching to alternatives? I was averaging a loss of 2.5 lb per week when I was doing strictly IP products (not counting the first two weeks since that was mostly water weight). The past 5 weeks I have lost exactly 1.4 lb per week. I know different people lose weight at different rates, but I would like to know if switching products could have slowed me down, so I can switch to IP products again. I am not doing anything different now that I am using alternatives. I make sure all my alternatives are comparable to IP products. I still have over 85 pounds to go, so I am no where near my goal weight. Just curious if this has happened to others or if it's just me.
Old 08-13-2013, 03:33 PM   #54  
4/13-12/13 80lbs Loss

S/C/G: 256/176/120

Height: 5'0"

Another 2.6lbs gone forever.

My losses are slowing a little since I've been on the diet a while, but as it was said earlier, I can't give up now, I just have to stick with it.
Old 08-13-2013, 04:03 PM   #55  
Started IP 5/13/13

S/C/G: 185/128/135

Height: 5' 4 1/2"

Quote:
Originally Posted by socalgirl83 View Post
Does anyone have a good suggestion for a protein powder that I can buy at GNC/WalMart/Target that tastes like the chocolate protein powder drink from IP that doesn't taste chalky???
Muscle Milk Light is tasty, but I don't know if you can find it in powder form at those stores. I think Target might carry it. I like the RTD so I would think the powder is good.

I found V-Core Vantage at Complete Nutrition. They have Milk Chocolate and it is absolutely delicious. The calories are 150, 20 fat calories, 6 g net carbs and 25 g protein. They also have dreamsicle which I made with some water and ice in my magic bullet. It tasted like a milkshake! They have S'mores and it is so good, I make it the same way. And there is vanilla, which was good, and Cookies N Cream, which I am having tonight for dessert! I think a 58 serving jug of powder is $82 and a 23 serving container is $49? You can go to their web site to see if they have a store near you. I am so happy I found this stuff!

Also, the Protidiet chocolate shake from Nashua Nutrition is a very good IP Chocolate Drink substitute.
Old 08-13-2013, 04:18 PM   #56  

Quote:
Originally Posted by bimnd113 View Post
I w/o three times a week, I usually eat extra tuna (in a salad, of course!) or hard-boiled eggs instead of an extra packet; I also have a frozen mango RTD for one of my three packets to bump up the calories for the day. The first 3 weeks I was very tired the day after w/os but now I don't notice a difference. I find I have to be very careful of the timing of my food intake to not get run down during the w/o. I do about 25 min of cardio and 40 minutes of weights.

The only caution I have is this: If you are feeling good during w/o, the temptation is there to keep going. If I do that, I am quite sore the next day, and I doubt that's good for weight loss. So pace yourself!

Edit: Must add, I would love to not exercise, I hate it! But I made the choice three years ago to just do it, and I can't give it up for IP, because then I'll never exercise again! I don't think it has impacted my weight loss too much.
Thanks so much for the tips! 3x/week sounds ok... I have another day to make up my mind!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarita75 View Post

That is great!!!! Congratulations... wait... you're the same height as me... that means... Me too! Thank you for sharing, ha ha!!!

So small this world of ours. I am originally from outside Buffalo (East Aurora), but my family all hails from the Middletown/Newburgh NY area!

This is a small world!! Cool!

That was me last week, you will get there!

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrettyMom09 View Post
Have anyone else's loses slowed down after switching to alternatives? I was averaging a loss of 2.5 lb per week when I was doing strictly IP products (not counting the first two weeks since that was mostly water weight). The past 5 weeks I have lost exactly 1.4 lb per week. I know different people lose weight at different rates, but I would like to know if switching products could have slowed me down, so I can switch to IP products again. I am not doing anything different now that I am using alternatives. I make sure all my alternatives are comparable to IP products. I still have over 85 pounds to go, so I am no where near my goal weight. Just curious if this has happened to others or if it's just me.
I have felt that way but it's also normal for the losses to slow down as your fat % goes down. Last week was -1.4, this week is shaping up to be the same I think. Maybe we should try doing all IP for a week or two and see what happens!
Old 08-13-2013, 05:10 PM   #57  

S/C/G: 214/211/150

Quote:
Originally Posted by coloradogirl View Post
How funny! Sounds yummy What part of upstate NY are you in? My fiance's family is from a hamlet near Buffalo called Cassadega, mine is from a hamlet near Middletown called Pine Bush
My hubby is originally from the Buffalo area, a little place called Getzville, but went to Williamsville. I am from a really little place called Bath,I grew up just a few miles from Keuka lake, we now live in Painted Post and work(ed) for Corning Inc. I am retired, hubby still works.
Old 08-13-2013, 05:29 PM   #58  
IP Start: 05/16/13

S/C/G: 215.8/140.3/145

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bellamack View Post
My hubby is originally from the Buffalo area, a little place called Getzville, but went to Williamsville. I am from a really little place called Bath,I grew up just a few miles from Keuka lake, we now live in Painted Post and work(ed) for Corning Inc. I am retired, hubby still works.
I have such fond memories of touring the Corning museum as a child.
Old 08-13-2013, 05:54 PM   #59  

3.8 lbs gone and a total of 15" off my body. YAY!
now if this trend would just continue weekly i'd be a happy Art3mis!

im looking for what to do with jimaca....any input.!?
Old 08-13-2013, 05:55 PM   #60  
On plan since June 23/13

S/C/G: 197/153/150

Height: 5'3"

Ok...here I go, stepping outside the box and making rutabaga fries for dinner! I've never had rutabaga and I'm nervous. Lol
Closed Thread