Closed Thread

Old 08-03-2013, 06:04 AM   #1  

Default IP Weekend Chat Sat 8/3 - Sun 8/4/2013

Welcome back to the Daily Chat thread - post your plans for today, share what's been happening, ask questions!

Some forum lingo:
NSV = Non-scale victory
TOM = time of the month
WI = Weigh-in
WF = Walden Farms
OP = on program

Bookmarking:
Ideal Protein Sub-forum Home page
Consider making it a bookmark or a favorite in your browser so you can come back easily to get your RDA of Ideal Protein information.

Information for newbies:
Check the sticky page (top of forum, above all the topics) for lots of good information and please read here before asking what might be a frequently asked question: Information on Ideal Protein phases (1-4), IP Ultimate List Recipes, FAQ, Newbie Guide, Exercise, and other Important Threads,
and here are the most recent Ideal Protein Protocol sheets

And before you cheat, read this thread:
The Real Cost of Cheating on Ideal Protein

Before starting new threads: spend some time reading the forum. Most new threads are duplicates, triplicates, quadruplicates. Folks who are the most successful, make time for research/reading.

More Recipes Here Mix'n in the kitchen...Recipes from the Rainbow
MiX'N' iN THE KiTCH'N.... Recipes from the Rainbow Volume 2
Fun with Ideal Protein Packets
Fun with Veggie Purees!
Ideal Protein Diet Recipes #4
Tips and Recipes from the Incredible Weight Loss Center

Tickers and Signatures:
There are 2 requirements to have access to signatures and tickers. You must have been a member of 3fatchicks for 20 days AND posted at least 20 messages anywhere on the 3fatchicks forum. When you've met those requirements check The Ultimate Signature and Ticker Thread for more information and instructions.

Quoting:
The best quoting tip - EVER!! Thanks Rosie, aka 6710.

Searching:
If you can't find what you're looking for in this forum using the website search function, try using the "double search" using Google.

1) Go to Google.com. Search 3fatchicks by using the term site:3fatchicks.com at the end of your Google search.

For example, if you want to look for "big mac in a bowl", type "big mac in a bowl site:3fatchicks.com" in Google search. No need to include the quotation marks when you type.

2) This will bring up the page that you are looking for, now hit Ctrl+F to search on that page. Type "big mac in a bowl" and all instances of that search term will be highlighted.

Progress photos
Mini-Goal Photo Album.

Other helpful links related to the Ideal Protein Dr. Chanh Tran Tien's website
Old 08-03-2013, 06:08 AM   #2  

Welcome to all newcomers. A reminder there is a LOT of info in the first post.
Please read it and check out the links. They will reduce your questions!

I'm on my last weekend of summer. Teachers report Tuesday. Hoping for a SLOW weekend and a lottery win to extend my vacation.
I'd still stay on IP as planned, tho

Last edited by lisa32989; 08-03-2013 at 06:47 AM.
Old 08-03-2013, 06:25 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 338/338/140

Height: 5'5"

I am hoping for a lottery win also, but just in case, I'm up and getting ready for work.
I am so excited about trying some new treats in the near future. I finally went to World Market as someone told me they carried a large selection of the sugar-free Torani syrups. I am now the proud owner of Peppermint (have been missing my fave Peppermint Mocha's from a local coffee shop) and a bottle of a new flavor, S'Mores! I can imagine the delicious fun I can have with these on a cool fall day, warming up my EAS chocolate shake and adding one of these. Yum!

Speaking of EAS shakes, I got caught up in the panic posted yesterday about the change in formula, and ran out along with everyone else and purchased the original form off of the shelf. I did, however, pick up a 4-pack of the new formulation in both chocolate fudge and rich dark chocolate. I had the chocolate fudge (new) last night and am having the rich dark chocolate (also the new version) this morning, and.....I will be honest.....I cannot tell the difference! EAS shakes have been a staple of mine since beginning IP protocol, as well as over the past few years with Adkins.

I am letting this serve as a reminder to not let myself get caught up in the "mob mentality" (for lack of a better term). Opinions on flavors are so subjective. I know this. We all know this. (example - my two fave IP products are the fine herb and cheese omelet and the chili, yet I see the word "yuck" typed here quite often when referring to these products).

Just because someone else posts on here how disappointed they are in the new formulary, do not be so quick to panic and think your favorite items have now disappeared. Try them out for yourself first! I am so glad I did, because as mentioned above, I could not tell the difference in taste at all.
Old 08-03-2013, 06:59 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 210/ticker/125

Height: 5'5"

Lisa as a teacher/ administrator for 18 years I remember that feeling for sure. A lot of my friends are sad it's August lol. You'll have a great year!

PP - here here! Awesome point!

Today was weird for me. I did my usual daily weigh in and yesterday I was down finally for the week .8. Today I was up 1.4 from yesterday or .6 for week although WI is tomorrow. I am going to be away so I thought I'd check today. I did not stress as I knew I was a little full of s$$*as Lisa would say, but it was my first huge gain OP ( with weighing every day). I still have until tomorrow where I'll WI on a friends high quality scale just to see. I am excited though because both thighs are down another half inch this week for a total of -2.75 inches just on my legs which are one problem area! I did eat more calories twice this week due to exercise. I've decided that due to my need for fitness in order to pursue running and triathlon that if it takes me longer to lose all the weight but I lose inches, fat and keep or increase muscle along the way, that is ok! I've certainly NEVER maintained a weight below 140 before so it's all good! Happy weekend!
Old 08-03-2013, 08:42 AM   #5  
Started IP 6/21/2013

S/C/G: 246/219/165

Height: 5'6"

Good morning all! Quite the weekend here. We have family in town. I was sure I would have no problem, but in less than 12 hours there has been pizza and bagels in my house and I am struggling a bit more than I thought I would. The pizza wasn't too big an issue, but the bagels this morning smelled heavenly. I made my IP yogurt and fled downstairs to the computer to post here. Tomorrow morning I think I will make myself IP pancakes so I can "carb" up with everyone else.
The rest of the day will hopefully be easier. We are heading out to walk and sight see all day, so I will take a bar for lunch and a blue-cran-granata for a snack.
I hope everyone else has a great, full day!
Old 08-03-2013, 08:55 AM   #6  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Balanced Life View Post
Today was weird for me. I did my usual daily weigh in and yesterday I was down finally for the week .8. Today I was up 1.4 from yesterday or .6 for week although WI is tomorrow. I am going to be away so I thought I'd check today. I did not stress as I knew I was a little full of s$$*as Lisa would say, but it was my first huge gain OP ( with weighing every day). I still have until tomorrow where I'll WI on a friends high quality scale just to see.
Remember every scale is a bit different. I didn't weigh during my entire vacation for 2 reasons #1: I needed to get away from relying on daily weighing. IP works! It is about the long-term, not daily or weekly check-ins.
#2: Weight fluctuates enough. I didn't need the frustration of weighing on a different scale. It doesn't matter how how quality it is, every scale reads a tad differently. Even different doctor's offices weigh differently.
You could weigh on the friends scale & it could weigh either lighter or heavier than your own (or your clinic's) and it will still "adjust" next week when you weigh-in on a consistent scale.
Old 08-03-2013, 10:38 AM   #7  
Started IP 5/13/13

S/C/G: 185/128/135

Height: 5' 4 1/2"

Quote:
Originally Posted by lauran View Post
Good morning all! Quite the weekend here. We have family in town. I was sure I would have no problem, but in less than 12 hours there has been pizza and bagels in my house and I am struggling a bit more than I thought I would. The pizza wasn't too big an issue, but the bagels this morning smelled heavenly. I made my IP yogurt and fled downstairs to the computer to post here. Tomorrow morning I think I will make myself IP pancakes so I can "carb" up with everyone else.
The rest of the day will hopefully be easier. We are heading out to walk and sight see all day, so I will take a bar for lunch and a blue-cran-granata for a snack.
I hope everyone else has a great, full day!
Sometimes the aromas really get to me. The other day my son toasted a cinnamon/brown sugar pop tart. I walked into the kitchen and the smell was intoxicating!!!! I told him I might attack him for his pop tart. Lol. (He is 20....not a little boy...in case anyone thinks I would threaten a small child). Although, that pop tart did smell really good. :-D
Old 08-03-2013, 11:24 AM   #8  
Started IP 6/21/2013

S/C/G: 246/219/165

Height: 5'6"

Yes, the I think you hit it on the head. It was the smell of the toasted bagel that appealed so much.

Now I am in a bookstore, getting ready to go sit on a bench and eat my bar instead of go into Noodles & Co to eat lunch with them. I am glad I know my limits... But part of me really wants to throw a fit and say, "Really?!?!?! I told you I am on a low-carb diet, dealt with the pizza, bagels, and cookie-cake you brought into my house... But you want to go to a place named after food Icant eat for lunch?" I am throwing a bit of a pity party for myself, even though I recognize I need to get to a point where other people's choices don't affect me so much. Grrrrrrr.
Thanks for letting me vent. Hopefully it means I will vent less on my family when they finish. In fact, while typing this I decided to sit at a different restaurant and order a salad with a little chicken. If I make sure I am full I will be less likely to want to cheat.
Old 08-03-2013, 11:38 AM   #9  

my first time on this so not sure what to do, is there a blog where there was a lot of info for people on phase 4 of ideal protein with questions and information. thankyou
Old 08-03-2013, 11:40 AM   #10  

S/C/G: 200.8/186.8/150

Height: 5'5 1/2"

Happy Saturday, everyone!

My husband did his WI this mornig and he is down approx. 12 lbs since starting two weeks ago (I am down approx. 9 lbs). I am so proud of us!

Lauran: I am so impressed! You are amazing and you sure are rocking this in spite of the challenges. You will no doubt succeed and I really hope that you see big losses at the end of this week! I think its very rude of your house guests not to go to a restaurant that everyone could agree on and not to be a little more considerate about your restrictions - they don't have to diet with you but they could be more sensitive. You should not have been left out like that and I am so glad you found somewhere else to eat! I guess families can be like that but if they were friends, I would dump them!

Last edited by Susie_Bee; 08-03-2013 at 11:41 AM.
Old 08-03-2013, 11:51 AM   #11  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cruiser3 View Post
my first time on this so not sure what to do, is there a blog where there was a lot of info for people on phase 4 of ideal protein with questions and information. thankyou
There sure is!
Go here: http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/idea...-vol-12-a.html

They should be able to help you with any questions.
Welcome!
Old 08-03-2013, 11:59 AM   #12  

S/C/G: me:153/129/130 him:243/203/185

Height: me 5'5" him 5'9"

I am struggling with the plan, I am almost 3 months in and feel really good about my weight, but the tanita body composition report still says I have 6.6 lbs of fat to get to my goal of 25% BF. I am finding myself hungrier than in the past, and I am struggling with whether to transition to phase 2 since I am pretty content with my body right now, or to carry on and get to that 25% goal. It is so hard to not get tied to that number on the scale. I don't trust my perception of my body, because before I lost this weight, I thought I was slim, but now when I see my before, I see the bulges...so I guess what I am saying is I am not sure if I am just looking for an excuse to quit/phase off because I am bored with the diet, or if I am really at my goal.
Sorry for that rambling. A couple of weeks ago I was high on IP and never wanting to phase off, I was loving it and honestly scared to move through the next phases.

Again, I am rambling, but if anyone has any input into what you can read between the lines...I would be humbly appreciative of your feedback and advice...

Old 08-03-2013, 12:01 PM   #13  
IP Start 01/25/13

S/C/G: 223/182/170

Height: 5'10"

Quote:
Originally Posted by lauran View Post
Now I am in a bookstore, getting ready to go sit on a bench and eat my bar instead of go into Noodles & Co to eat lunch with them. I am glad I know my limits... But part of me really wants to throw a fit and say, "Really?!?!?! I told you I am on a low-carb diet, dealt with the pizza, bagels, and cookie-cake you brought into my house... But you want to go to a place named after food Icant eat for lunch?" I am throwing a bit of a pity party for myself, even though I recognize I need to get to a point where other people's choices don't affect me so much. Grrrrrrr.
Thanks for letting me vent. Hopefully it means I will vent less on my family when they finish. In fact, while typing this I decided to sit at a different restaurant and order a salad with a little chicken. If I make sure I am full I will be less likely to want to cheat.
Personally I would have said something. There are too many people who will try to sabotage your progress especially with the little jabs like "you're just going to gain it back" or other such nonsense. Having to put up with it from family shouldn't be part of that. If you can't tell them to be supportive of you, who can you?

I was fortunate that my wife and I did IP together from start to finish. We both phased off together and we are maintaining together. My brother is coming in to town from WA today and we'll go to some of his favorite restaurants but we'll still be eating OUR way and he can do whatever he wants. Now if he wants to go out for pizza he'll be eating alone. Luckily he wouldn't do that to us.
Old 08-03-2013, 12:03 PM   #14  

S/C/G: 190/168/125

Height: 5'0"

Monday will be my first weigh in since Ive really started to get my head and thinking striaght about this dieting. Ive been cheating and wasting my time and money for months on this diet, the real problem was how I use food for coping. Now that Im getting some counseling on the side Im feeling more motivated that I can stick with this and make lifelong changes.

Heres something that causes a bit of a struggle and its also the reason Im so thankful I found this online support community: I have mentioned before that my diet coach is completely unsupportive and I know I need to be my own cheerleader in this because overall my happiness needs to come from inside me, but damn is it crushing when I go for my weigh ins and she just rushes through it, doesnt give me any feedback, talks about how stressful her life is, and then when I try to ask questions she just shoves me out the door.

I know there are a number of places who offer this program in town, but Ive already been established with this clinic and I do not want to pay the almost $300 starting fee again somewhere else. So Im going to have to prepare myself that she doesnt care about my weight loss. But in a sense, its not her body, so why should she, I should be the one to be happy, but this is something I struggle with.........
Old 08-03-2013, 12:08 PM   #15  
IP Start 01/25/13

S/C/G: 223/182/170

Height: 5'10"

Quote:
Originally Posted by EasierWithTwo View Post
I am struggling with the plan, I am almost 3 months in and feel really good about my weight, but the tanita body composition report still says I have 6.6 lbs of fat to get to my goal of 25% BF. I am finding myself hungrier than in the past, and I am struggling with whether to transition to phase 2 since I am pretty content with my body right now, or to carry on and get to that 25% goal. It is so hard to not get tied to that number on the scale. I don't trust my perception of my body, because before I lost this weight, I thought I was slim, but now when I see my before, I see the bulges...so I guess what I am saying is I am not sure if I am just looking for an excuse to quit/phase off because I am bored with the diet, or if I am really at my goal.
Sorry for that rambling. A couple of weeks ago I was high on IP and never wanting to phase off, I was loving it and honestly scared to move through the next phases.

Again, I am rambling, but if anyone has any input into what you can read between the lines...I would be humbly appreciative of your feedback and advice...
A lot of people continue to lose in P2 and P3, myself included. The important thing is to be happy with the decision you make and not second guess it. Did you pick the weight goal or did someone pick it for you? Why was that weight chosen? Looking at it now was it a realistic goal or something that you only dreamt of?

When I was choosing my goal weight I picked a number that was 10lbs less than my lowest adult weight. It just also happened to be the lowest weight I had been since 3rd grade. I was eager and excited to reach that and it was really the driving factor in keeping me going. Body wise I could probably stand to lose 5-10lbs more but chose to phase off there because I was happy and content with that decision. I'm now doing CrossFit to try and rearrange that extra weight yet holding steady at the same scale number. This is the body I plan to live with (hopefully resculpted a bit) and can be content if I don't lose any more.
Closed Thread