Closed Thread

Old 06-08-2013, 12:06 AM   #1  

Default IP Weekend Chat Sat 6/8 - Sun 6/9/2013

Welcome back to the Daily Chat thread - post your plans for today, share what's been happening, ask questions!

Some forum lingo:
NSV = Non-scale victory
TOM = time of the month
WI = Weigh-in
WF = Walden Farms
OP = on program

Bookmarking:
Ideal Protein Sub-forum Home page
Consider making it a bookmark or a favorite in your browser so you can come back easily to get your RDA of Ideal Protein information.

Information for newbies:
Check the sticky page (top of forum, above all the topics) for lots of good information and please read here before asking what might be a frequently asked question: Information on Ideal Protein phases (1-4), IP Ultimate List Recipes, FAQ, Newbie Guide, Exercise, and other Important Threads,
and here are the most recent Ideal Protein Protocol sheets

Before starting new threads: spend some time reading the forum. Most new threads are duplicates, triplicates, quadruplicates. Folks who are the most successful, make time for research/reading.

More Recipes Here Mix'n in the kitchen...Recipes from the Rainbow
MiX'N' iN THE KiTCH'N.... Recipes from the Rainbow Volume 2
Fun with Ideal Protein Packets
Fun with Veggie Purees!
Ideal Protein Diet Recipes #4
Tips and Recipes from the Incredible Weight Loss Center

Tickers and Signatures:
There are 2 requirements to have access to signatures and tickers. You must have been a member of 3fatchicks for 20 days AND posted at least 20 messages anywhere on the 3fatchicks forum. When you've met those requirements check The Ultimate Signature and Ticker Thread for more information and instructions.

Quoting:
The best quoting tip - EVER!! Thanks Rosie, aka 6710.

Searching:
If you can't find what you're looking for in this forum using the website search function, try using the "double search" using Google.

1) Go to Google.com. Search 3fatchicks by using the term site:3fatchicks.com at the end of your Google search.

For example, if you want to look for "big mac in a bowl", type "big mac in a bowl site:3fatchicks.com" in Google search. No need to include the quotation marks when you type.

2) This will bring up the page that you are looking for, now hit Ctrl+F to search on that page. Type "big mac in a bowl" and all instances of that search term will be highlighted.

Progress photos
Mini-Goal Photo Album.

Other helpful links related to the Ideal Protein Dr. Chanh Tran Tien's website
Old 06-08-2013, 07:56 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 197/177/160

Height: 5.6

Good morning everyone Nice sunny weekend for us, sure brings up the spirits. Phase 2 going awesome looking forward to Phase 3 on Tuesday .
Enjoy your day IPers
Old 06-08-2013, 08:03 AM   #3  
Started IP May 17, 2013

S/C/G: 287/179/150

Height: 5'7.5"

Lisa,

I really appreciate the links you include with every daily chat opening post. They are treasure troves!

Thanks for all the god work you do helping us out!

Annik
Old 06-08-2013, 08:50 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 286/148/160

Height: 5'7"

When I weighed myself this AM my scale said 169!! I can't believe it! I am doing this.

I Found a picture of me taken with some kids in my class in May 2011. I do not ever remember looking like that - I wish that was my heaviest but I know it wasn't. I don't think there are any photos of me when I hit 294. That I was that big and didn't know it is frightening.

I think the last time I was in the 160's I was in my 20's. I specifically remember being at the dr and weighing 165 and getting lectured about being overweight. When I weighed 294 none of my doctors said anything about my weight. Interesting....

Have a great day everyone - rain has stopped here and the sun is out - looks like a nice weekend ahead.
Old 06-08-2013, 09:17 AM   #5  
reboot 10/14/2014

S/C/G: 162.7/149.2/125

Height: 5'2"

Hello everyone. I don't usually post in here but I have two questions and thought this would be the best place to ask.

Has anyone had a huge increase in their cholesterol levels? In one year I went from 140 to over 200. I do eat a lot of eggs and have rotisserie chicken once or twice a month. Those are the two easiest ways to get protien though. Any suggestions?

And I know the 100% peeps wont like this question but I'm going to ask anyway. Do you think taking two pre-natal gummy vitamins in the morning (20cals, 4g carbs, 2g of sugar) could affect my losses? I have been replacing my skim milk I put in my coffee with them. And don't worry I'm not prego..... Just prepping.

Here is to a great weekend!
Old 06-08-2013, 09:28 AM   #6  
Started IP May 17, 2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by onmyway1014 View Post
When I weighed myself this AM my scale said 169!! I can't believe it! I am doing this.

I Found a picture of me taken with some kids in my class in May 2011. I do not ever remember looking like that - I wish that was my heaviest but I know it wasn't. I don't think there are any photos of me when I hit 294. That I was that big and didn't know it is frightening.

I think the last time I was in the 160's I was in my 20's. I specifically remember being at the dr and weighing 165 and getting lectured about being overweight. When I weighed 294 none of my doctors said anything about my weight. Interesting....

Have a great day everyone - rain has stopped here and the sun is out - looks like a nice weekend ahead.
Onmyway,

I remember weighing 165....and thinking I was so fat back then. Little di I know how much further I would go....

Keep up the good work!

Annik
Old 06-08-2013, 09:36 AM   #7  
Started IP May 17, 2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaraBean View Post
Hello everyone. I don't usually post in here but I have two questions and thought this would be the best place to ask.

Has anyone had a huge increase in their cholesterol levels? In one year I went from 140 to over 200. I do eat a lot of eggs and have rotisserie chicken once or twice a month. Those are the two easiest ways to get protien though. Any suggestions?

And I know the 100% peeps wont like this question but I'm going to ask anyway. Do you think taking two pre-natal gummy vitamins in the morning (20cals, 4g carbs, 2g of sugar) could affect my losses? I have been replacing my skim milk I put in my coffee with them. And don't worry I'm not prego..... Just prepping.

Here is to a great weekend!
Re the carbs from the gummy bears...watch this video on carb load:
http://idealcoaching.tv/wp/archives/167
Old 06-08-2013, 09:45 AM   #8  

Onmyway: Fantastic!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Annik View Post
Lisa,

I really appreciate the links you include with every daily chat opening post. They are treasure troves!

Thanks for all the god work you do helping us out!
Thanks! It is one of the things I really enjoy!

Quote:

And I know the 100% peeps wont like this question but I'm going to ask anyway. Do you think taking two pre-natal gummy vitamins in the morning (20cals, 4g carbs, 2g of sugar) could affect my losses?
Sara
Newer research shows dietary cholesterol does not increase serum cholesterol. Sugars and simple carbs will have a much bigger effect, however. Skim milk has LOTS of sugar (lactose). Remember anytime we take away fat, we usually get sugar instead. This is why personally I avoid the "low fat" versions of things. Plus, the more they are learning about Alzheimers, the more they are learning that a lot has to do with lowfat "foods"/diets.

Additionally, some of us just have higher cholesterol than others. They are also finding that cholesterol does not correlate with heart disease, as had been theorized for decades. Instead, it seems to be the inflammation markers.

Spend some time reading about this.
Dr William Davis has a great blog & it is a good place to start. He's a cardiologist who has stepped away from the mainstream b/c his patients weren't getting better.

Last edited by lisa32989; 06-08-2013 at 09:46 AM.
Old 06-08-2013, 09:59 AM   #9  
reboot 10/14/2014

Thanks for your responses. Lisa- I also avoid low fat things. Accept for the skim milk bc we are allowed a little with our coffee in the am. Annik- not sure I got the right video. It was discussing restricted vs non restricted.

Have a great day everyone!
Old 06-08-2013, 10:16 AM   #10  
Started IP May 17, 2013

SaraBean,

That's the right video. It talks about the importance of keeping carb count between 25 and 40 g a day. Some people who struggle to lose need to keep it down closer to 25.

If you keep that in mind and know where you are at with your carbs, a decision about the vitamins can flow from there. Will the 4 carbs make a difference? Depends where you are with other intake of carbs,

Annik
Old 06-08-2013, 10:28 AM   #11  
reboot 10/14/2014

Thanks for explanation annik! My carbs usually hover around 25-30g
Old 06-08-2013, 10:57 AM   #12  

S/C/G: 187/138/140

Height: 5'3"

Think I just had my first IP dream. At some event where there were loads of snacks on the table. I kept spreading cream cheese on bagel bits and trying to take bites then remembering it isn't allowed and trying to walk away when suddenly there was another in my hand. A couple times I took a bite and would freak out. Crazy thing is I never really ate that pre diet but creamy cream cheese sounds good now that I think about it. Enjoying an orange drink for breakfast.
Old 06-08-2013, 11:13 AM   #13  
Started IP May 17, 2013

Quote:
Thanks for explanation annik! My carbs usually hover around 25-30g
I found the video to be really helpful in understanding why it is so important to measure vegetables...vegetables that would otherwise seem like they should be absolute freebies~ now that I understand their carb count, it makes sense.
Old 06-08-2013, 11:13 AM   #14  
IP Start: 05/16/13

S/C/G: 215.8/140.3/145

Height: 5'5"

Morning all! At an all-day conference today and brought my good to stay P1 compliant. Of course, the morning fair is all fruit and pastries! Lunch will be served, but I suspect it will be sandwiches, chips and cookies, possibly fruit. Alas. Speaking of cookies, my dreams continue where I run a train on some cookies or other non-IP food.
Old 06-08-2013, 11:21 AM   #15  
Started IP 5/13/13

S/C/G: 185/128/135

Height: 5' 4 1/2"

Quote:
Originally Posted by thinnerJ View Post
Think I just had my first IP dream. At some event where there were loads of snacks on the table. I kept spreading cream cheese on bagel bits and trying to take bites then remembering it isn't allowed and trying to walk away when suddenly there was another in my hand. A couple times I took a bite and would freak out. Crazy thing is I never really ate that pre diet but creamy cream cheese sounds good now that I think about it. Enjoying an orange drink for breakfast.
Every one of my dreams has been similar; i keep finding delicious food on my plate and take bites without realizing it! Too funny!
Closed Thread