Closed Thread

Old 08-03-2013, 02:49 PM   #31  

S/C/G: 210/204/170-ish

Height: 5'8"

Lauran: Good for you! Family can be your best friends or your worst enemies. At a dinner theater, just ordered a no carb/OP meal, and my husband trots back from the bar with a margarita for me. WHAT! Stick to with it, girl!

Last edited by Prairie Chicken; 08-03-2013 at 02:50 PM.
Old 08-03-2013, 02:54 PM   #32  

S/C/G: 190/168/125

Height: 5'0"

Default Help!

Quote:
Originally Posted by thecircleguru View Post
Happy Saturday everyone!

On Day 2 and it's going well. Couldn't sleep all night because my head was spinning with all the ideas I got from the forum for using the packs in altered recipes.

Stopped taking my diabetes meds yesterday and my blood sugars have been stable and in the normal range since yesterday! Never thought it would happen!

I felt extremely dizzy last night too! Did this happen anyone else in the first few days of the program?

Ally.
First of all congrats on getting your blood sugars down, thats a huge deal to your long term health! I see the really adverse effects of diabetes all the time in the hospital, you dont want that!

Anyways, I was going to come on here too and ask about the dizziness. I have been soooo light headed and spaced out the past few days since Ive really been on track. Infact I havent exercised all week because Im way too dizziness. I too would really appreciate if people could give their input about how they dealt with this and if it went away. My hunger pains have gone away (thank god!!!!) but this lightheadedness is not fun.

Im a little worried at work that people are going to think Im on something! Ive been really forgetful and airheaded! Help please!
Old 08-03-2013, 04:30 PM   #33  

S/C/G: me:153/129/130 him:243/203/185

Height: me 5'5" him 5'9"

Thank you so much M, Lisa and 65 for replying- what you all said is so right and exactly what I needed to hear- THANK YOU

I will start weight training, listen to my inner coach who tells me I can phase off- and divorce that number and percentage!
Old 08-03-2013, 04:41 PM   #34  

S/C/G: 187+hi/177.7start IP/109/112.7

Height: 4'10"

Quote:
Originally Posted by EasierWithTwo View Post
Thank you so much M, Lisa and 65 for replying- what you all said is so right and exactly what I needed to hear- THANK YOU

I will start weight training, listen to my inner coach who tells me I can phase off- and divorce that number and percentage!
That's a healthy approach. There is always a way to get that last five pounds off if it turns out you feel it must happen. Your head and how you are approaching what lies in front of you for transition is way more important, and keeping yourself motivated to see the program to P4 is super important. You are already ahead and winning this game. Don't beat yourself up! You'll be at the finish line way before I start those final steps...and I expect paybacks when I get scared and frustrated with that process!
Old 08-03-2013, 04:47 PM   #35  
IP Start Date 5/13/13

S/C/G: 222/151/155

Height: 5'7"

Quote:
Originally Posted by bimnd113 View Post
I went next door to Chipotle which I was fine with,
I LOVE Chipotle!!! But, what did you order that was IP friendly? My faves are on the prohibited list - rice, beans, cheese, guacamole. So, I've stayed away.
Old 08-03-2013, 04:50 PM   #36  
IP Start Date 5/13/13

S/C/G: 222/151/155

Height: 5'7"

Quote:
Originally Posted by amberjules View Post
Well I finally broke through my 4 week plateau!! Lost 6.8 lbs this week!!! FINALLY!! After 36 weeks of being on IP I've lost a total of 82 lbs and 82.25 inches.

I've dropped from a size 22 to a size 10-12 so far. It's a wonderful feeling!!

I would like to get down to 135-140 or a size 4-6. I may adjust this goal once I get to 140, but I want to see what I look like and how I feel at this weight and then make that decision.

I have only 6 more lbs to go before I'll be at my lowest weight in 15 years. Still can't believe it.

Have a great weekend everyone!
WOW!!! Congrats on the big loss, but more importantly, congrats on sticking with it during a plateau. It's not easy, but you're proof that sticking with the plan WILL WORK!!!!
Old 08-03-2013, 04:54 PM   #37  

S/C/G: 325/312/190

Height: 5'6

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrystalWolf View Post
Happy Saturday fellow losers! My first chance to check the forum in four days. I missed it. I am on a road trip that I would never have had the courage to try while staying OP during phase 1 were it not for reading all of the great information here.
So far my only issue is that I can only tolerate so much tuna and boiled eggs so my protein has been lower than 8 oz closer 5 oz a day. Am trying to compensate with an extra half of a vanilla RTD daily since I drink extra coffee while driving. Prepackaged all my veggies and that is working fabulously.
Am planning to have strawberry wafers instead of cake at a wedding this afternoon. I could just hug this forum for giving me the tips and tricks to get through a week on the road.
Congratulations on staying OP during your trip. Isn't it great to plan ahead and feel powerful over food? And I LOVE the strawberry wafers, they probably taste better than most wedding cakes!

Quote:
Well I finally broke through my 4 week plateau!! Lost 6.8 lbs this week!!! FINALLY!! After 36 weeks of being on IP I've lost a total of 82 lbs and 82.25 inches.

I would like to get down to 135-140 or a size 4-6. I may adjust this goal once I get to 140, but I want to see what I look like and how I feel at this weight and then make that decision.

I have only 6 more lbs to go before I'll be at my lowest weight in 15 years. Still can't believe it.

Congratulations Amberjules! You look fabulous and are a true inspiration. I always check out your blog when I am looking for a new recipe, so you've really helped me along. I will think of you next time I hit a plateau, since it happens to everyone, and you obviously handled it beautifully.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrostyBobber View Post
Walden Farms has a few new dressings... they contain Balsamic Vig. .. I was told no Balsamic Vig... in the plan... is it OK because its from Walden Farms?

Their is still no sugar, etc... in the dressings..

Also is there anything else that everybody uses from them? Syrups, condiments, etc...
It is ok if it is 0/0/0 (calories/fat/carbs). I believe all Walden Farms products fit into this, but I could be wrong, so doesn't hurt to check the label. True Balsamic vinegar usually has sugar in it.

Quote:
Happy Saturday everyone!

On Day 2 and it's going well. Couldn't sleep all night because my head was spinning with all the ideas I got from the forum for using the packs in altered recipes.

Stopped taking my diabetes meds yesterday and my blood sugars have been stable and in the normal range since yesterday! Never thought it would happen!

I felt extremely dizzy last night too! Did this happen anyone else in the first few days of the program?

Ally.
Congrats on day 2! It does get easier and you will feel much better soon. I was a bit dizzy, lightheaded, and felt like there was a fog in my brain the first few days. It went away on day 4 for me, and hasn't returned.
Old 08-03-2013, 05:00 PM   #38  
Started IP 6/12/13

S/C/G: 244/177/150

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by hangdog View Post
I LOVE Chipotle!!! But, what did you order that was IP friendly? My faves are on the prohibited list - rice, beans, cheese, guacamole. So, I've stayed away.
Well, I admit to a small cheat . I ordered salad, with steak, and added a small amount of cheese and SC, with spicy salsa. I didn't have beans, rice or guac. I can only justify it because I was on vacation plus I refuse to spend $8.50 without adding something tasty. Also, much better for me than Noodles & Co., which my family said was disappointing, anyway. Still lost more than 10 lbs. for the 2 weeks we were gone.
Old 08-03-2013, 06:52 PM   #39  

S/C/G: me:153/129/130 him:243/203/185

Height: me 5'5" him 5'9"

Definitely 65! I will pay it forward plus one!
Old 08-03-2013, 07:14 PM   #40  

Quote:
Well I finally broke through my 4 week plateau!! Lost 6.8 lbs this week!!! FINALLY!! After 36 weeks of being on IP I've lost a total of 82 lbs and 82.25 inches.....
WOW GRATS! you look amazing

Quote:
Happy Saturday everyone!

On Day 2 and it's going well. Stopped taking my diabetes meds yesterday and my blood sugars have been stable and in the normal range since yesterday! Never thought it would happen!I felt extremely dizzy last night too! Did this happen anyone else in the first few days of the program?
Yah i've dealt with some dizziness from time to time...are you getting your salt in? Are you monitoring your BP with your BS!? and are you managing your meds with your MD's guidance or just kinda winging it?

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlaskanRN View Post
Anyways, I was going to come on here too and ask about the dizziness. I have been soooo light headed and spaced out the past few days since Ive really been on track. In fact I haven't exercised all week because Im way too dizziness. I too would really appreciate if people could give their input about how they dealt with this and if it went away. My hunger pains have gone away (thank god!!!!) but this light headedness is not fun.

Im a little worried at work that people are going to think Im on something! Ive been really forgetful and airheaded! Help please!
I at times was very lightheaded and a bit of an airhead at work....and at home...i told both my DH and ppl at work it was just cuz my brain wasn't used to using my *** for energy..which is maybe more than true. You're detoxing basically, and your body needs time to adjust. If the light headedness continues without exercise ...review your intake of both water and salt....and maybe check your BP at work if you can or better yet monitor it at home if you have a cuff ...
Old 08-03-2013, 07:22 PM   #41  

Oooohh shoot i didn't say HEY! HI! happy weekend to everyone else lol

and yes sign me up for winning the lotto too...this working for a living is for the birds (tho im grateful for a job and the fact that i am well enough to work as i need to)

People at work continue to be jerks @ work with comments like "you're going to gain it back the minute you eat bread" or "surcalose stays in your system and will kill you" or they taunt with me foods i can't have, and i really do not understand why. Mostly i laugh it off but really its more than a lil obnoxious....i'm lucky and happy the DH is 100% supportive of me...even tho he's one of those skinny eat anything never gain a pound guys, he's adjusting what he eats to limit temptation for me.
Old 08-03-2013, 07:25 PM   #42  

Height: 5'5"

Quote:

Congratulations!! You look AMAZING.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hangdog View Post
I go to chipotle and get a salad, steak or chicken, no rice or beans, with grilled peppers and mild salsa (not the corn!) .

Well folks I just tried something new - I was in a rush out the door so I grabbed the muscle milk I usually combine with spinach for my lunch.. so when I got home I blended up spinach, ice, and a fat dollop of WF Marshmallow Dip! I must say it reminds me of Starbucks' Green Tea Frappucino! Hope everyone's weekend is wonderful so far
Old 08-03-2013, 07:52 PM   #43  

S/C/G: 325/312/190

Height: 5'6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Art3mis View Post
Oooohh shoot i didn't say HEY! HI! happy weekend to everyone else lol

and yes sign me up for winning the lotto too...this working for a living is for the birds (tho im grateful for a job and the fact that i am well enough to work as i need to)

People at work continue to be jerks @ work with comments like "you're going to gain it back the minute you eat bread" or "surcalose stays in your system and will kill you" or they taunt with me foods i can't have, and i really do not understand why. Mostly i laugh it off but really its more than a lil obnoxious....i'm lucky and happy the DH is 100% supportive of me...even tho he's one of those skinny eat anything never gain a pound guys, he's adjusting what he eats to limit temptation for me.
Hi Art3mis,

I can't believe that people at your work are so mean. That's awful to make comments like that, and taunt you with food. I would find it difficult to work under those conditions. I'm glad that you have DH to support you. Hang in there, and come vent here anytime!
Old 08-03-2013, 07:58 PM   #44  
Third time's the charm!

S/C/G: 254.8/Ticker/145

Height: 5'5"

Well, I survived the potluck and stayed OP! I brought my own protein and ate raw veggies from a vegetable platter and carefully picked the carrots out of my salad. No one even noticed. Suprisingly, the corn on the cob was more tempting to me than the dessert!
Old 08-03-2013, 08:30 PM   #45  
Started IP 6/21/2013

S/C/G: 246/219/165

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Princess Peacock View Post
Just because someone else posts on here how disappointed they are in the new formulary, do not be so quick to panic and think your favorite items have now disappeared. Try them out for yourself first! I am so glad I did, because as mentioned above, I could not tell the difference in taste at all.
Great reminder!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Susie_Bee View Post
Happy Saturday, everyone!

My husband did his WI this mornig and he is down approx. 12 lbs since starting two weeks ago (I am down approx. 9 lbs). I am so proud of us!

Lauran: I am so impressed! You are amazing and you sure are rocking this in spite of the challenges.
Thank you so much Susie, and congrats on your impressive WI!

Quote:
Originally Posted by M35A2 View Post
Personally I would have said something.
Quote:
Originally Posted by bimnd113 View Post
So part of this diet is learning to feed my family things I cannot eat, such as the cinnamon rolls we make every Saturday, or the pizza once a week. My DH can live on beer and Snickers and not gain a pound ; I'm just going to have to control my eating, not his.
I talked about my frustration with my husband. But as bimnd said, I really need to work on having a plan and the wherewithal to shrug it all off, rather than pout about what I can't have any longer. I just struggled to find that strength today and needed to just stay far away from their choices.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlaskanRN View Post
Monday will be my first weigh in since Ive really started to get my head and thinking striaght about this dieting. Ive been cheating and wasting my time and money for months on this diet, the real problem was how I use food for coping. Now that Im getting some counseling on the side Im feeling more motivated that I can stick with this and make lifelong changes.
I have been following your story for the last few weeks and I am really impressed with your commitment! Stick with it!

As for the coach not making you feel special, maybe can help alleviate the issue by making yourself feel special before you go. Take a bath, primp, relax, treat yourself, and then go WI and measure to learn just how great you have been to your body this week. Good luck!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 65X65 View Post
YThey made the last decision in your house...now it's your turn!
Thanks 65! I definitely appreciate all the support I get here, especially when it is lacking from other quarters.

Quote:
Congrats!

Quote:
I feel dizzy when I am not getting my salt and my oil. And the fuzzy brain, for me, is corrected by having a little more fat (either a fattier piece of meat, or more oil) than usual.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Art3mis View Post
People at work continue to be jerks @ work with comments like "you're going to gain it back the minute you eat bread" or "surcalose stays in your system and will kill you" or they taunt with me foods i can't have, and i really do not understand why. Mostly i laugh it off but really its more than a lil obnoxious
This is terrible!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by shrinkingsusie View Post
Well, I survived the potluck and stayed OP! I brought my own protein and ate raw veggies from a vegetable platter and carefully picked the carrots out of my salad. No one even noticed. Suprisingly, the corn on the cob was more tempting to me than the dessert!
Congrats and good job!

Few, I think I caught up. lol.
Closed Thread