Old 07-10-2013, 10:12 PM   #136  
IP Start 01/25/13

S/C/G: 223/182/170

Height: 5'10"

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoBears60 View Post
Been struggling to take off the last 4 pounds. Congrats on phase 3 M35A2. I hope to be there in a month. Shocking how little this new body needs live on. The days of eating a large pizza by myself are nothing but a memory.

Don
You're awfully close. I was still losing on P2 so you might want to start heading in that direction before actually hitting goal.
M35A2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2013, 06:58 AM   #137  

Hey guys I am back from vacation! Hope all are doing well! Siked to be back on program again and losing!
Dolemite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2013, 09:32 AM   #138  
IP Start 01/25/13

Okay MEN we're turning into a bunch of slackers. No posts since last week so hop to it.

Had my second day on CrossFit today. Yesterday I rowed 1000 meters and my quads were like jelly for 1/2 the day. Today was kettle bells and box jumps and the quads are feeling it again. And this is just the ON RAMP portion where they're training us newbies how to do things. We did do a 21-15-9 rotation on the KBs and box jumps (or in our case "box steps") and that got the blood pumping. I've avoided exercise most of my life but I'm really enjoying this. Of course it's only been 2 days. We'll see at the end of 2 weeks.

My weight is holding steady on the last week of P3. I'm at 165 even. I'm hoping by the end of next week it'll be the same but that the body fat/lean mass percentages will have changed some more in my favor.
Old 07-16-2013, 10:23 AM   #139  

S/C/G: 252/228/190

Default Newbie here...any advice is welcomed!

Just starting IP today...had friends with awesome results. This is my first "diet" so I may ask some stupid questions on here. I will definately appreciate any advice and suggestions form you guys. 190 is my goal and 252 is my starting weight. I am feeling fortunate that my IP coach is very well informed and explained the simplicity of this program. I am 100% in as I got to get my health in check...
EJEK0928 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2013, 11:00 AM   #140  
IP Start 01/25/13

Quote:
Originally Posted by EJEK0928 View Post
Just starting IP today...had friends with awesome results. This is my first "diet" so I may ask some stupid questions on here. I will definately appreciate any advice and suggestions form you guys. 190 is my goal and 252 is my starting weight. I am feeling fortunate that my IP coach is very well informed and explained the simplicity of this program. I am 100% in as I got to get my health in check...
Welcome aboard!

I was amazed at the results I've achieved on IP. I'm just shy of 6 months on the program and have been at goal for the last several weeks and just need 4 more days to finish P3. I wish this program had been around 30 years ago. This 1st week is going to be the worst part for you. For me it was day 4. I felt like I had a really bad flu and then woke up day 5 fully in ketosis and never looked back.

There's a lot of great support on this board so visit often. If you're feeling like you really need to break protocol stop here first and look at some of the success stories of people who have been on it for a year or more and lost 100+ pounds. It can help inspire you to stick with it.

There are no stupid questions as we've all been where you are now so ask away.
Old 07-16-2013, 02:46 PM   #141  

Thank You...I am determined to stay the course and agree that I will visit this site regularly for additional motivation...I will keep this blog posted on my progress. Little more accountability!!!
Old 07-17-2013, 07:51 AM   #142  

S/C/G: 213/201/185

Height: 5'11"

Quote:
Congrats on starting. If you stick to phase 1 the weight will fall off. Don't try to modify it or skip restricteds. Just follow the sheet, it's all you need to do and you will succeed. I am amazed how quick and well the program works. This was also my first diet, and I had an initial goal of 190, but then lowered it because the progress was much faster than expected.

Last edited by MDLoser; 07-17-2013 at 08:01 AM.
MDLoser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2013, 08:06 AM   #143  

Height: 5' 7"

Quote:
Thank You...I am determined to stay the course and agree that I will visit this site regularly for additional motivation...I will keep this blog posted on my progress. Little more accountability!!!
Welcome and congrats on starting a new way of living. I also move my goal weight down several times because of the fast results. I originally set it at 180 then went down to 170, 165 and now 160. I think I'm comfortable rocking around this but once I start working out again, I won't be concerned with the number so much as my waist size. Shaping this pear shaped body will be my next goal......Good luck. Don't forget to check out the "Daily Threads" that Lisa post. That is a great source of information at the top of her post. Read those and you'll be goo to go.....
A1Texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2013, 12:04 PM   #144  
PatientDet

Default Need a kick in the butt.

I need a kick in the butt. Two weeks ago I got very sick. Turned out it was bronchitis, and according to the Dr. could have been pneumonia. Anyway, heavy fever ensued, I got a Z-pack that helped enormously. My very pregnant wife and two of my children came down with it shortly after I did. Trips to the Dr. and antibiotics ensued. Nice people from our church brought meals (of course not Ideal Protein friendly). So, what started out as just eating some carbs to recover and get energy, turned into a break from the diet. One week ago I actually lost 4 more pounds because I was sick and not eating, and eating only small amounts of carbs.

So that brings me to this last week. My wife, who was just getting over bronchitis, had our newborn child, early. At this point, I was not following the diet at all. People from the church continued to bring us meals, this time because we had a new child. I was in charge of feeding our other 4 children, and it was a busy time. Ideal Protein chaos, for me.

IN SUMMARY, no Ideal Protein last week, at all. And 2 pounds GAINED. I am disappointed, but it could have been worse. I guess I need to look at the 25 pounds lost, and say to myself, get back on the wagon, and lets do it again. because my goal is another 50.

So, here is to a new week. I will report to you all next Tuesday, and hopefully report a loss of 3-5 lbs, which would put me under 300, my goal is 250. My trackers below tell the whole story.

Thanks for all the uplifting posts on here. To the newcomers... the diet works, just don't blow it like I have. To those who are successful, thank you for your posts, they are uplifting, and part of the reason I am still going.

So, my carb loaded, not ketosis body is about to feel the full effect of Ideal protein again. Lets hope I can get back into the groove and lose again.
BigMikey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2013, 12:39 PM   #145  
IP Start 01/25/13

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigMikey View Post
I IN SUMMARY, no Ideal Protein last week, at all. And 2 pounds GAINED. I am disappointed, but it could have been worse. I guess I need to look at the 25 pounds lost, and say to myself, get back on the wagon, and lets do it again. because my goal is another 50.
Don't beat yourself up, man. Sometimes life gets in the way and it's tough to beat something like bronchitis while on IP. You've got the right attitude about getting back on the horse and driving on. Sorry you've got to go through the "getting in ketosis" week again but the end result is worth it.
Old 07-18-2013, 10:49 AM   #146  

Quote:
I need a kick in the butt. Two weeks ago I got very sick. Turned out it was bronchitis, and according to the Dr. could have been pneumonia. Anyway, heavy fever ensued, I got a Z-pack that helped enormously. My very pregnant wife and two of my children came down with it shortly after I did. Trips to the Dr. and antibiotics ensued. Nice people from our church brought meals (of course not Ideal Protein friendly). So, what started out as just eating some carbs to recover and get energy, turned into a break from the diet. One week ago I actually lost 4 more pounds because I was sick and not eating, and eating only small amounts of carbs.

So that brings me to this last week. My wife, who was just getting over bronchitis, had our newborn child, early. At this point, I was not following the diet at all. People from the church continued to bring us meals, this time because we had a new child. I was in charge of feeding our other 4 children, and it was a busy time. Ideal Protein chaos, for me.

IN SUMMARY, no Ideal Protein last week, at all. And 2 pounds GAINED. I am disappointed, but it could have been worse. I guess I need to look at the 25 pounds lost, and say to myself, get back on the wagon, and lets do it again. because my goal is another 50.

So, here is to a new week. I will report to you all next Tuesday, and hopefully report a loss of 3-5 lbs, which would put me under 300, my goal is 250. My trackers below tell the whole story.

Thanks for all the uplifting posts on here. To the newcomers... the diet works, just don't blow it like I have. To those who are successful, thank you for your posts, they are uplifting, and part of the reason I am still going.

So, my carb loaded, not ketosis body is about to feel the full effect of Ideal protein again. Lets hope I can get back into the groove and lose again.
I have been on the diet since January it works like a champ while on it. I took two weeks off the diet for vacation and gained a nice unfriendly chunk back. First week back on the diet, not even 6 days worth, and I lost 15lbs. I am hoping for another big loss this Saturday on my second week! Goes to show you how much water weight you put on if you eat like you used too while not on protocol. I definitely will need a heavy dose of coaching when I get ready to phase off the diet for good in the future. Teach me how to eat like we should and not like I used too.

I will say that IP hangover for the restart that lasted 3 days does suck! Motivation in itself to stay on track! The 4th day I felt like a new man again and full of energy!

Last edited by Dolemite; 07-18-2013 at 10:52 AM.
Dolemite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2013, 03:03 PM   #147  

S/C/G: 295/ticker/230

Height: 6'3"

Quote:
I need a kick in the butt.
I find if you log your food, it is easier to stick to this. Just my 2 cents.

At 6'3 250 is a great weigh, 240 is even better, and my goal is a 37.5" waist pants, what ever weight that ends up is my goal. I know it is not 231 so I am going to try to go lower then that. I can fit into 38" now, but they are very snug.

I just got my blood work back from the Doctor office. UNBELIEVABLE improvements in all areas! Cholesterol went from 262 to 208. Triglycerides from 109 to 88. The acidity of my blood is now in the normal level from being high. No more gout attacks! Now if it would just cool of a tad bit in Chicago...
GoBears60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2013, 01:30 PM   #148  
IP Start 01/25/13

1st "fun day" since reaching Maintenance on Saturday. I've been jonesing for a pizza since January so had some for lunch (meh, wasn't really that good after all) then we had a BBQ for DWs work group that evening. Stuck to chicken with a little pasta salad, some corn casserole, and a piece of dessert. It was not extreme in the least but I was sick to my stomach for the next 12 hours. Looks like we're probably going to forego "fun day" and just stick with the usual from now on. I guess I can live without wheat and sugar after all.
Old 07-24-2013, 12:03 AM   #149  

Default First week weigh in tomorrow morning...

Tomorrow is my first weigh in...anxious and optimistic for some positive results from my first week. I will keep you posted on how the weigh in goes.
Wish me luck!
Old 07-24-2013, 10:43 AM   #150  
PatientDet

Default Great Diet

Those of you who have lost a lot of weight are very inspiring. Please keep posting.

Well, I lost 5 lbs this week. So back on the wagon, and feeling good, after a few days of feeling lathargic.... getting back to ketosis. I have looked at some of your profile pictures. Your results are amazing, and it keeps me motivated.

Thanks to all, Mike
BigMikey is offline   Reply With Quote