3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Ideal Protein Diet (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet-236/)
-   -   IP Daily Chat Tuesday 5/21/2013 (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet/281965-ip-daily-chat-tuesday-5-21-2013-a.html)

AprilH3 05-21-2013 05:15 PM

[QUOTE=scorbett1103;4748443]I think I'm going to dub little add-on rules like this "coach's choice". That is NOT official protocol from IP, just something your coach decided to throw in there. Old dieting wives tales carrying over into a diet that is anything but conventional. When you have your restricted item is totally up to you.

Thanks! It's much more convenient to have my restricted then rather than with breakfast for instance. I sure don't want a bar or other sweet thing in the morning! That has always made me feel sick. Now I just have to figure out how to address that since it was mentioned and you have to keep that journal. Of course if they decide to be a pain I can always go alternative. I did it before!

LinaSK 05-21-2013 05:26 PM

Everybody's body is different, see what works for you. If you don't see any problem with having a restricted at bed time then why change it :)

NinjaNurse 05-21-2013 05:56 PM

Hello all! Haven't been here much, still hovering at the same wgt so not feeling too cheery. I have been having an awful time with constipation to the point I do want to stop and phase off, maybe lose the rest slower but I am getting frustrated. I am using physillum and Smooth Move about every other day. Anyone else like this???

In looking back at these posts I remembered when I started IP and what food I liked and didn't. Crispy Cereal is a favorite now because I love using it for pancakes. (Can't eat it any other way though) I also just retried the rotini and it was ok. I cooked and cooked it, added veggies spices a bit of oil and vinegar. Not too bad.

Tastes do change. I absolutely LOVE Rutabaga fries, forgot what real ones taste like. My new fave is jicima fries with red peppers seasoned with some zippy mexican spices. OMG, salty, spicy, sweet......It's great to think that these foods are so much better for us than the alternatives.

Oh and the person who was told about when to eat the restricts?? I work 3-11. I will eat my main meal between 6:30-7:30, my restricted when I get home midnight and later. You have to do what works best for your schedule within your life. I can't imagine eating a big meal every morning, I can just about do coffee mixed with a choco drink. (YUM.)

Best of luck everyone, it does work!!

maykatcooper 05-21-2013 06:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cdnmomof2 (Post 4748336)
Went camping for the long weekend. and between all the booze, smores, chips and candies temptations, I stayed OP :carrot: and to top it all off, it was my weigh in today and I'm down another 4lbs AND I'm in ONEderland!!

:carrot::dancer::carrot::cheer3::carrot::cheer2: :carrot::broc::carrot::cheer: :carrot::goodscale

OH MY HOW WONDERFUL!!!!

Alamo girl 05-21-2013 06:29 PM

Wow! Congrats to all the successes !! Hang in there to all the newbies and those who are struggling. I find that I have to get myself back to a 12 step mentality in that this is a one meal at a time journey. Thursday will be my first weigh in and I don't expect a big number but I know whatever number is there, it will be less than when I started!

Sonyasbug 05-21-2013 07:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NinjaNurse (Post 4748484)
Hello all! Haven't been here much, still hovering at the same wgt so not feeling too cheery. I have been having an awful time with constipation to the point I do want to stop and phase off, maybe lose the rest slower but I am getting frustrated. I am using physillum and Smooth Move about every other day. Anyone else !

Me! I have been battling it for about 6 months. Doing smooth move in small amounts almost everyday. Hate the feeling. I finally got more diligent about my supplememts and added braggs acv every day. I'm a going! Lol. Its normal, not like my reaction w smooth move (tmi?). The cal mags from IP are very important because the magnesuim is derived from citrate not oxide. Citrate helps w osmosis into the colon, hydrating for elimination. Check your magnesium and make sure its citrate. I realized that was a huge help. Feel free to pm me.

sarita75 05-21-2013 07:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cdnmomof2 (Post 4748336)
Went camping for the long weekend. and between all the booze, smores, chips and candies temptations, I stayed OP :carrot: and to top it all off, it was my weigh in today and I'm down another 4lbs AND I'm in ONEderland!!

:carrot::dancer::carrot::cheer3::carrot::cheer2: :carrot::broc::carrot::cheer: :carrot::goodscale

I am camping at the end of the month and would live to know your food regime while camping. Care to share??

nalaroo 05-21-2013 09:11 PM

Weigh in #6 - down 2.6lbs! Total of 19lbs. DH down 28lbs with alternatives.

For those of you with constipation issues, I take one serving of miralax once a week and it keeps everything moving for me. Also, try adding some higher fiber veggies - okra and broccoli work for me.

LinaSK 05-21-2013 09:35 PM

Congrats on the weigh in!!

Apple Cider Vinegar also helps relieve constipation, try adding some in your salads:)

NinjaNurse 05-21-2013 09:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sonyasbug (Post 4748532)
Me! I have been battling it for about 6 months. Doing smooth move in small amounts almost everyday. Hate the feeling. I finally got more diligent about my supplememts and added braggs acv every day. I'm a going! Lol. Its normal, not like my reaction w smooth move (tmi?). The cal mags from IP are very important because the magnesuim is derived from citrate not oxide. Citrate helps w osmosis into the colon, hydrating for elimination. Check your magnesium and make sure its citrate. I realized that was a huge help. Feel free to pm me.

Thanks Sonya! I have been bad with my vitamins, did better when I was on my trip. I use the supplements from IP so I am doing that right, just having a tough time getting into a routine with them. Each week is getting better.

What is braggs acv?? I don't have any ill effects from the Smooth Move, but the psyllium makes me bloated and crampy.

Since my WI is in the mornings, I get upset if I don't go 1st. If I have issues this wi, I'll have to remember to take the Smooth Move earlier.

Sonyasbug 05-21-2013 10:15 PM

Braggs is the brand of Apple cider vinegar. Works great as an overall cleanser. I have also failed on a vitamin routine. Try if anything getting in all 4 cal mags. If your getting your water in you should see results in a few days. I did and was so relieved, literally and mentally. Lol.

LinaSK 05-21-2013 10:21 PM

If you have a coach grab Flora Lax or request your coach to order Nova Lax which is a stronger laxative.

athena4791 05-21-2013 11:46 PM

They told me psyllium is one of the worst things for constipation. My coach told me to eat salad and make sure to get the 2 tsp of olive oil. She also did say miralax would be fine to use should I have any issues.

AprilH3 05-22-2013 12:21 AM

Can we have coconut oil?

ZOMBIEDAWN 05-22-2013 12:25 AM

I got the Nova Lax and I take it every now and then. It seems to produce results gently enough. Just one though.... When I got them the instructions said some folks take 3 and more at a time. Not this girl! Yikes!