3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Ideal Protein Diet (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet-236/)
-   -   IP Daily Chat Tuesday 5/21/2013 (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet/281965-ip-daily-chat-tuesday-5-21-2013-a.html)

M35A2 05-21-2013 02:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tallgirl231 (Post 4748259)
Wow, I look HUGE!. Does not look like I lost 31 pounds already. I know that the video is not reality. The camera adds weight, LOL but gee, it added that much! Trying to remember where I have come from and also using this as a motivator to stick to the plan but, scheesch it is tough.

Stick with it and you'll change the camera. I find myself intentionally walking past mirrored windows now. No way that would have happened 4 months ago.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Breakofday71 (Post 4748030)
Just had to share! My scale this morning told me that I now officially weigh LESS than I did when I graduated from high school 20+ years ago :D

How many people can say that? That has totally made my day :)

Great job but I can beat that (not that it's a contest or anything). I now weigh less than I did in 4th grade or any time since. My goal is to beat my 3rd grade weight.

sarita75 05-21-2013 03:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JenJen444 (Post 4748299)
Sarita - those were probably just typos in your post, but just so any newbies aren't confused:

1) it's 3-4 Unrestricted and 1 restricted

2) we don't deduct veggie carbs. we deduct their dietary fiber from the total carbs, to get our net carb amount. Example: a cup of cucumbers has 3 grams of total carbs, including 1 gram of fiber. So net carbs (3 minus 1) equals 2 carbs.

;)

Yikes! Thanks for the head's up! I went back and changed the posting! Thank you! Interesting re: dietary fiber and carbs. I am going to explore that with my coach next week.

athena4791 05-21-2013 03:05 PM

Hi everyone!

I'm totally new to 3 fat chicks. This looks like an awesome place to find support and be able to vent frustrations with ideal protein.

A bit about me:

I started Ideal protein May 8, 2013 with a starting weight of 189.2
1st week I lost 12.6 pounds and 7.5 inches O.O!
I go weigh in tomorrow, but I keep peaking and I'm down about 5 pounds so far.

I am kinda nutty about what I eat and have checked the nutritional value of everything. Every time I have a bar, I don't lose. So, no bars for me. My coach said some people are like that and they can't have any of the higher car items.
We've found for me to stay in ketosis I have to stay under 35-40 carbs a day (checked with a pee stick).

I love the diet and probably 1/2 of the foods. But that's ok! I can just pick what I like.

I've had a few rough days, but I have not cheated at all. Not even a sliver of pepperoni!

I love seeing all the results everyone here are having! Congratulations and keep it up! I look forward to talking to you all and crying on the proverbial shoulder on bad days.

Athena

maykatcooper 05-21-2013 03:08 PM

I've just read the word DEPRESSED on a number of your entries. I'm just wondering if perhaps we are all feeling so much a little or lot strange due the the tragedy in Oklahoma City. That news is just so horrid and also terrifying! May we just keep praying for all those involved as we allow our depressed moods to not cause us to throw in any towels but to care over those who need us and all our prayer and support right now. Sigh. :hug:

cdnmomof2 05-21-2013 03:13 PM

Went camping for the long weekend. and between all the booze, smores, chips and candies temptations, I stayed OP :carrot: and to top it all off, it was my weigh in today and I'm down another 4lbs AND I'm in ONEderland!!

:carrot::dancer::carrot::cheer3::carrot::cheer2: :carrot::broc::carrot::cheer: :carrot::goodscale

athena4791 05-21-2013 03:14 PM

Things I love:
Chocolate or Vanilla drink (the already made ones) with my cup of coffee in the morning. I'll add a little cinnamon and nutmeg with the vanilla one and shake with ice in a larger bottle than they provided in start up. It's fantastic.
Orange drink mixed with green tea (decaf!) instead of water for the afternoon. I hated the orange at first, then I got creative and this is good.
And the banana-strawberry drink (bottled) is delicious!
The bars I tried were very good, but as I mentions... too many carbs for me.
Cappuccino O:

I HATED almost ALL the "food" items though. I tried chicken a la king (GROSS!)
Chicken soup (GROSS)
Cheddar broccoli soup (OK but I added more broccoli to make it palatable.)

AprilH3 05-21-2013 03:20 PM

I started back up today after a baby and nursing break and tried the veggie chili for the first time. It wasn't too bad! I got one of each of a couple different packets, hopefully I'll find some new ones to like. And there's always hot sauce,

I have a headache already which is annoying but I knew it was likely.

Also, new to me, I was told that restricteds couldn't be the before bed snack? Anyone know?

ragdoll74 05-21-2013 03:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by athena4791 (Post 4748330)
I'm totally new to 3 fat chicks. This looks like an awesome place to find support and be able to vent frustrations with ideal protein.
I started Ideal protein May 8, 2013 with a starting weight of 189.2
1st week I lost 12.6 pounds and 7.5 inches O.O!
I go weigh in tomorrow, but I keep peaking and I'm down about 5 pounds so far.

I am kinda nutty about what I eat and have checked the nutritional value of everything. Every time I have a bar, I don't lose. So, no bars for me. My coach said some people are like that and they can't have any of the higher car items.
We've found for me to stay in ketosis I have to stay under 35-40 carbs a day (checked with a pee stick).

:welcome2:

I just want to mention a couple things after reading your post.

1 You will not lose weight everyday, so don't base your decisions on restricted items around a daily WI.

2. The ketostix are worthless. With the amount of water we drink on IP it dilutes the ketones so they barely register. If you follow the sheet as written, you will be in ketosis.

willsea 05-21-2013 03:50 PM

Okay, I have been trying to catch up on my reading on the past couple of day’s postings. I have noticed some of you learning the Carb Count of your food. Is this something I should be doing? Does the next phases as easy as phase 1? At the moment I am just going off the list.

lisa32989 05-21-2013 04:18 PM

First of all: Welcome to all the newcomers!
Be sure to read the first post of this thread and check out all the links. So.Much.Info there!
:welcome:

Quote:

Originally Posted by KeepMovingForward (Post 4748004)
I've spent the morning reading old forums about Ketosis. Most say that you should stay in between 25-30 carbs a day. I compared this to My Fitness Pal Journaling and I'm ranging 35-50 carbs a day however I'm OP.

Can someone please tell me what/if I'm doing something wrong?

You've already gotten some great advice about this.
If we follow the sheet, our averages work out to be just perfect.
Some days we are lower and some days a bit higher. Fiber is subtracted from carb totals. You DO NOT have to drive yourself crazy with MFP right now if you don't want to. Just keeping track in your written journal and learning how to do the program to the best of your ability might be enough. I started MFP 4 (or so) months in.

Quote:

Originally Posted by KeepMovingForward (Post 4748024)
Ragdoll, thanks! It can get confusing. Would you suggest not having any restricted packets on days I have a veggie on the twice a week list to keep it under 50/day?

Just follow the protocol, which calls for 1 restricted/day and occasional veggies twice a week. It all averages out. Really no need to try to tweak the program. It really does work! You will love it!

Quote:

Originally Posted by amt6 (Post 4748127)
Question: How do you know how much of your loss is attributable to fat? I'd love to keep track of that along the way.

There really isn't any way to know for sure without more expensive testing done. The biometric scales some clinics use can give trends but their accuracy is questionable. Just relax and enjoy the ride. This plan is great and you WILL shrink!

Quote:

Originally Posted by willsea (Post 4748381)
Okay, I have been trying to catch up on my reading on the past couple of day’s postings. I have noticed some of you learning the Carb Count of your food. Is this something I should be doing? Does the next phases as easy as phase 1? At the moment I am just going off the list.

You do NOT have to track the carbs. It is all done for you on P1. P2 will be just as easy. You just replace one of your packets (typically lunch) with a meal just like the current dinner. Luckily, we learn it as we go.

Quote:

Originally Posted by SylviesGirl (Post 4748073)
As for me, I have been feeling markedly hungrier for the past week or so and slightly headachey much of the time. I am getting all my salt, water, etc. This is just part of the ebb and flow, correct? Just need a word of reassurance and then I'll be good to go again . . . otherwise, I keep intaking more salt and more water, etc. Thanks.

Many people have found these hungries come right before a visit from the whoosh fairy. You are correct that it can just be part of the ebb and flow, some days are "hungrier" than others (and some days my cravings return :( )
Sending you some :dust: and hoping the whoosh fairy visits you really soon!

LinaSK 05-21-2013 04:32 PM

As far as the carb count goes, everyone has contributed awesome advice. I would only be cautious when using the Rotini as it is 12 grams of carbs, limit that package (even though unrestricted) if you are noticing your weightloss slow down.

SylviesGirl 05-21-2013 04:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lisa32989 (Post 4748403)
Many people have found these hungries come right before a visit from the whoosh fairy. You are correct that it can just be part of the ebb and flow, some days are "hungrier" than others (and some days my cravings return :( )
Sending you some :dust: and hoping the whoosh fairy visits you really soon!

Thanks, Lisa! Here's hoping!

tallgirl231 05-21-2013 04:44 PM

Thanks everyone for the good wishes. Just saw my 2nd video this afternoon and I looked even bigger than this morning. LOL. I know that's not the case. :) It just helped me to recommit even more to get this weight off. One of my coworkers did say that my legs are so skinny so I guess that is something. It's the triple chin that I hate. Moving on......

DreamingSkinny 05-21-2013 04:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LinaSK (Post 4748414)
As far as the carb count goes, everyone has contributed awesome advice. I would only be cautious when using the Rotini as it is 12 grams of carbs, limit that package (even though unrestricted) if you are noticing your weightloss slow down.

But the rotini also has 5 grams of fibre decreasing your net carbs to 7 grams! And as has been said, many times by the senior members, if you follow the phase one sheet, adhere to the rules, you really don't have to worry about the carbs. My coach has advised when my weight loss slows to use an extra packet at dinner, forgo the store bought protein in place of the IP meal. I have done this and it works! ....and my go to packet for that is the rotini! With some sautéed mushrooms, peppers, zucchini, garlic, maybe some wf Alfredo, olive oil....makes a very satisfying meal!!

scorbett1103 05-21-2013 05:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AprilH3 (Post 4748348)

Also, new to me, I was told that restricteds couldn't be the before bed snack? Anyone know?

I think I'm going to dub little add-on rules like this "coach's choice". That is NOT official protocol from IP, just something your coach decided to throw in there. Old dieting wives tales carrying over into a diet that is anything but conventional. When you have your restricted item is totally up to you.

Quote:

Originally Posted by willsea (Post 4748381)

I did not track anything (carbs, calories, protein, etc) until I got a lot closer to phasing off, and I really only started tracking in Phase 1 because I knew I would need to be in the habit of it in Maintenance, and I didn't want to be trying to learn too many new things all at once.

You can feel VERY comfortable just going off the protocol all the way through to Phase 2. Once you hit Phase 3 you have to be much more aware of nutritional content as you assemble your P3 breakfasts, and maintenance....well that's its own animal :)