3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Ideal Protein Diet (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet-236/)
-   -   IP Daily Chat Tuesday 5/21/2013 (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet/281965-ip-daily-chat-tuesday-5-21-2013-a.html)

lisa32989 05-21-2013 05:04 AM

IP Daily Chat Tuesday 5/21/2013

:welcome2:
Welcome back to the Daily Chat thread - post your plans for today, share what's been happening, ask questions!

Some forum lingo:
NSV = Non-scale victory
TOM = time of the month
WI = Weigh-in
WF = Walden Farms
OP = on program

Bookmarking:
Ideal Protein Sub-forum Home page
Consider making it a bookmark or a favorite in your browser so you can come back easily to get your RDA of Ideal Protein information.

Information for newbies:
Check the sticky page (top of forum, above all the topics) for lots of good information and please read here before asking what might be a frequently asked question: Information on Ideal Protein phases (1-4), IP Ultimate List Recipes, FAQ, Newbie Guide, Exercise, and other Important Threads

Before starting new threads: spend some time reading the forum. Most new threads are duplicates, triplicates, quadruplicates. Folks who are the most successful, make time for research/reading.

More Recipes Here Mix'n in the kitchen...Recipes from the Rainbow
MiX'N' iN THE KiTCH'N.... Recipes from the Rainbow Volume 2
here Fun with Ideal Protein Packets
and here Fun with Veggie Purees!
Ideal Protein Diet Recipes #4

Tickers and Signatures:
There are 2 requirements to have access to signatures and tickers. You must have been a member of 3fatchicks for 20 days AND posted at least 20 messages anywhere on the 3fatchicks forum. When you've met those requirements check The Ultimate Signature and Ticker Thread for more information and instructions.

Quoting:
The best quoting tip - EVER!! Thanks Rosie, aka 6710.

Searching:
If you can't find what you're looking for in this forum using the website search function, try using the "double search" using Google.

1) Go to Google.com. Search 3fatchicks by using the term site:3fatchicks.com at the end of your Google search.

For example, if you want to look for "big mac in a bowl", type "big mac in a bowl site:3fatchicks.com" in Google search. No need to include the quotation marks when you type.

2) This will bring up the page that you are looking for, now hit Ctrl+F to search on that page. Type "big mac in a bowl" and all instances of that search term will be highlighted.

Progress photos
Mini-Goal Photo Album.

Other helpful links related to the Ideal Protein pDr. Chanh Tran Tien's website

lisa32989 05-21-2013 05:14 AM

Super hungry/munchy feeling last night.
Drank so much I thought I'd slosh my way to bed (and was up twice in the nite), which I don't like doing to myself but its better than eating!
Sometimes the extra- hungries come before a visit from the whoosh fairy. I'd love it if she'd visit. Her appearances haven't been as regular in a couple months.

I saw a question on yesterday's daily about measurements.
Most coaches do them at the beginning and then periodically.

IdealProteinNewbie 05-21-2013 06:13 AM

Re: roasting veggies from yesterday's thread:

I am obsessed with them, sooo good!

Asparagus, cauliflower, broccoli, okra, turnips, zucchini, cabbage, etc.

Lay your veggies of choice on a cookie sheet lined with foil. Mist with olive oil, sprinkle on spices (I use sea salt, black pepper, garlic powder and cayenne pepper) then roast at 350* for about 20 minutes until golden brown. Only veggies you can't roast are onions. Other than that, have at it!

I can't wait until Phase 4 when I get as many veggies as I want!

loopers 05-21-2013 06:26 AM

Just heard about the devastation in Oklahoma... I've got a ton of clothes that I shrunk out of, I think I will send them down there, surely they can help someone... perhaps the Red Cross will accept them?

M35A2 05-21-2013 06:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by loopers (Post 4747813)
Just heard about the devastation in Oklahoma... I've got a ton of clothes that I shrunk out of, I think I will send them down there, surely they can help someone... perhaps the Red Cross will accept them?

If the Red Cross won't take them check with some of the faith based charities in your area. Two years ago we took a truck load of stuff to MS after a rash of tornado strikes. Other things they usually need are bedding supplies and basic household items. A lot of folks are going to be moving in to temporary housing or rentals and won't have little things like pots/pans, cleaning supplies, sheets, towels, etc.

theEguarantee 05-21-2013 07:59 AM

Day2- feeling like death.

My headache isnt as terrible as it was yesterday, but now I'm having some serious tummy problems. It hit me about 10pm last night, and I stayed in the bathroom for at least 10 minutes. I was so exhausted I was able to make it to sleep. Now its hitting me again this morning. From what I've been told, this is normal, but its torture!
On a good note, I did lose 2.8 after my first day! yay!

TooManyMaggies 05-21-2013 09:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by theEguarantee (Post 4747873)
Day2- feeling like death.

My headache isnt as terrible as it was yesterday, but now I'm having some serious tummy problems. It hit me about 10pm last night, and I stayed in the bathroom for at least 10 minutes. I was so exhausted I was able to make it to sleep. Now its hitting me again this morning. From what I've been told, this is normal, but its torture! !

I spent my first three days puking up all my dinners and going to bed early without eating my snack. I called it my body's revolt against the system, lol. Yes, it's normal, but once your body adjusts you'll start feeling great!

JRP2689 05-21-2013 09:59 AM

I started yesterday and the only issue that I really had was that I went from zero to starving between the snack and dinner. Today was starting out alright but I pulled something in my back this morning and have a sharp pain that I hope goes away soon.

Gorf59 05-21-2013 10:09 AM

Today is my second day OP- I don't think I can do it. I am really hating the IP foods!! I am not that hungry and am ok eating a lot of veggies (I am vegetarian, so i like that!), but I have not liked one single IP food I have tried so far. Am I doing something wrong?!?!

sarita75 05-21-2013 10:12 AM

Day 6 here we go! Woot! Kind of excited. I got up this morning and jumped on the scale after my shower. I guess I was sort of skeptical of the scale at my WI yesterday. My scale confirmed, within 0.2#, that I lost 6.4 pounds in the first 4 days of my journey, of which 4.4 are attributable to fat! Super-excited. I am still a little unsure where it came off, but it's a great start (and honestly, 4.4# of fat over a 5'5" frame is going to be spread thin)! :carrot:

Quote:

Originally Posted by lisa32989 (Post 4747787)
I saw a question on yesterday's daily about measurements.
Most coaches do them at the beginning and then periodically.

Thanks Lisa! I am going to check in with my coach via email to see if she can do them for me. :)

IdealProteinNewbie 05-21-2013 10:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gorf59 (Post 4747991)
Today is my second day OP- I don't think I can do it. I am really hating the IP foods!! I am not that hungry and am ok eating a lot of veggies (I am vegetarian, so i like that!), but I have not liked one single IP food I have tried so far. Am I doing something wrong?!?!

You can do this! You're going through the worst part right now...you'll come out on the other side and be so proud of yourself when that happens.

Have you had the chocolate drink warmed up? Tastes just like hot chocolate!

ragdoll74 05-21-2013 10:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gorf59 (Post 4747991)

Your tastes will change once you further into it. I'm not sure if you used to eat out a lot or eat processed foods, but your taste buds get used to all the hidden sugar & salt. It takes a little while for them to get back to normal once you start eating less of those things.

I had a few favorites I stuck to in the first few weeks and then started to branch out a little with the packets. There are a lot of items I don't like at all so I don't buy those.

You can check out the recipe threads to see if there is something you can make out of the packets you have. People make muffins, flat bread, pancakes, etc out of the packets.

Hang in there, it will get better.

IdealProteinNewbie 05-21-2013 10:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sarita75 (Post 4747995)
Day 6 here we go! Woot! Kind of excited. I got up this morning and jumped on the scale after my shower. I guess I was sort of skeptical of the scale at my WI yesterday. My scale confirmed, within 0.2#, that I lost 6.4 pounds in the first 4 days of my journey, of which 4.4 are attributable to fat! Super-excited. I am still a little unsure where it came off, but it's a great start (and honestly, 4.4# of fat over a 5'5" frame is going to be spread thin)! :carrot:

Keep it up!

However, a word of advice...don't weigh yourself in between appointments with your coach. Your weight fluctuates minute by minute during each and every day and soon you'll drive youself crazy :dizzy:

KeepMovingForward 05-21-2013 10:16 AM

I've spent the morning reading old forums about Ketosis. Most say that you should stay in between 25-30 carbs a day. I compared this to My Fitness Pal Journaling and I'm ranging 35-50 carbs a day however I'm OP.

For example, yesterday I had the Cappuccino Drink for breakfast (4 carbs). Lunch I had 2 cups mushrooms and the Herb & Cheese Omelet (12 carbs). Dinner I had 2 cups asparagus and a chicken breast (10 carbs). Then for snack I had the Cheddar Ridges (12 carbs). That is a total of 38 carbs. If I choose to have brussel sprouts or a veggie that is only allowed twice a week, my carb count can go up to 50+.

Can someone please tell me what/if I'm doing something wrong?

http://www.3fatchicks.net/img/bar-le...150/207.8/.png
Follow my journey on Ideal Protein at: http://www.ugottajustkeepmovingforward.blogspot.com/
Add me on MyFitnessPal: http://www.myfitnesspal.com/anbrim
W1: -6.0 W2: -2.8 W3: -1.2 W4: -3.4

IdealProteinNewbie 05-21-2013 10:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KeepMovingForward (Post 4748004)
I've spent the morning reading old forums about Ketosis. Most say that you should stay in between 25-30 carbs a day. I compared this to My Fitness Pal Journaling and I'm ranging 35-50 carbs a day however I'm OP.

For example, yesterday I had the Cappuccino Drink for breakfast (4 carbs). Lunch I had 2 cups mushrooms and the Herb & Cheese Omelet (12 carbs). Dinner I had 2 cups asparagus and a chicken breast (10 carbs). Then for snack I had the Cheddar Ridges (12 carbs). That is a total of 38 carbs. If I choose to have brussel sprouts or a veggie that is only allowed twice a week, my carb count can go up to 50+.

Can someone please tell me what/if I'm doing something wrong?

Are you subtracting fiber to get net carbs?

ETA: However, the beauty of IP is that as long as you're following the sheet there's no need to count, but I understand that you might just be curious.