Closed Thread

Old 02-22-2013, 01:56 PM   #376  
Started IP 7/9/12

S/C/G: 224/135/133

Height: 5'5"

Yes, it's in a good way! I just had no idea until I was on the massage table what a deep tissue massage was. It was not what I was expecting, but it was still really good.

I should really treat myself to one when I get to goal. So far I haven't been treating myself to anything for mini goals, other than constantly buying smaller clothes.
Old 02-22-2013, 02:00 PM   #377  
Reboot Jan 2018

Height: 5'7"

I haven't had a deep tissue massage in wayyyyy too long. Hmmmm now you've got me wanting one. It definitely can hurt but it's worth it.
Old 02-22-2013, 03:07 PM   #378  

S/C/G: 360/see ticker/175

Height: 5'8"

The last message I have from Rainbow was about 10 days ago. She said she was doing well maintaining. The boards just aren't the same without her around! Her positive attitude is so infectious!
Old 02-22-2013, 03:08 PM   #379  

S/C/G: 248.6/231.5/180

Height: 5'4

Quote:
Originally Posted by ragdoll74 View Post
Is your massage a deep tissue massage? I ask because you mentioned that your insurance is paying for it.

I had deep tissue massages as part of the therapy for my back, and my insurance paid for it also.

I just want to warn you that if it is a deep tissue massage, it can actually be painful sometimes. Not the whole massage, just parts of it. It does feel awesome when the massage is done though.
Quote:
Originally Posted by lisa32989 View Post
Painful in a hurts-so-good kinda way
Quote:
Originally Posted by KitKat169 View Post
Sounds like a great day. I agree with the others that deep tissue massages can be painful but in a good kind of way. However they will probably go easy on you the first time or two until you know how your muscles respond. Enjoy shopping tomorrow too. A pedicure sounds like a great idea right about now.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ragdoll74 View Post
Yes, it's in a good way! I just had no idea until I was on the massage table what a deep tissue massage was. It was not what I was expecting, but it was still really good.

I should really treat myself to one when I get to goal. So far I haven't been treating myself to anything for mini goals, other than constantly buying smaller clothes.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cheekyskeeter View Post
I haven't had a deep tissue massage in wayyyyy too long. Hmmmm now you've got me wanting one. It definitely can hurt but it's worth it.
Thanks everyone, I am not sure what I am getting yet as I set up the appointment yesterday and just told her the areas that were bothering me. I think you all should get one if needed. This is hopefully the start of me going regularly, I am trying to take care of myself inside and out the best I can
Old 02-22-2013, 03:10 PM   #380  

Quote:
Originally Posted by MonicaKolesnik View Post
Thanks everyone, I am not sure what I am getting yet as I set up the appointment yesterday and just told her the areas that were bothering me. I think you all should get one if needed. This is hopefully the start of me going regularly, I am trying to take care of myself inside and out the best I can
We have a place in ST Louis called Massage Luxe that offers monthly memberships. I joined in November or Dec.
Old 02-22-2013, 04:34 PM   #381  
Reboot Jan 2018

Height: 5'7"

I wish there was a place around here that offered a monthly membership. I'd definitely sign up for that
Old 02-22-2013, 04:52 PM   #382  

S/C/G: 289/147.8/150

Height: 5'6"

Happy Friday 100%ers!

I could sure use some advice...I have offically hit a plateau. Zero pounds lost in the last 4 weeks, along with zero inches. I was hoping for a good weigh-in this morning but that didn't happen. So, I'm hoping for some guidance!

I always have 2 non-restricted, 1 restricted everyday, at least 120 oz of water, (95% plain, 5% with MiO) 4 cups of veggies, 2 teaspoons of oil directly on my salad, (eat a ton of lettuce every single day) 8 oz of lean protein (veggies and meat measured raw) and my salt.

I use 2 packets of Stevia per day and 1 serving of WF caramel syrup. I mix up my 3 IP's so my body doesn't get used to the same packets and I mix my proteins between chicken, pork tenderloin, lean ground beef, etc. I also mix up my veggies (okra, celery, rhubarb, cabbage, zucchini, cauliflower, cucumbers, etc.).

After taking this all into consideration, my ideas are to either add an additional non-restricted packet per day, (probably a pudding) 2 additional oz of lean protein, or to increase my oil.

Can anybody offer any other suggestions and/or has been through this before?

I'm wondering if my body has acclimated to the low calories and I need to do something to shake it up.

Thanks in advance!
Old 02-22-2013, 05:17 PM   #383  

Quote:
Originally Posted by IdealProteinNewbie View Post
Happy Friday 100%ers!

I could sure use some advice...I have offically hit a plateau. Zero pounds lost in the last 4 weeks, along with zero inches. I was hoping for a good weigh-in this morning but that didn't happen. So, I'm hoping for some guidance!

I always have 2 non-restricted, 1 restricted everyday, at least 120 oz of water, (95% plain, 5% with MiO) 4 cups of veggies, 2 teaspoons of oil directly on my salad, (eat a ton of lettuce every single day) 8 oz of lean protein (veggies and meat measured raw) and my salt.

I use 2 packets of Stevia per day and 1 serving of WF caramel syrup. I mix up my 3 IP's so my body doesn't get used to the same packets and I mix my proteins between chicken, pork tenderloin, lean ground beef, etc. I also mix up my veggies (okra, celery, rhubarb, cabbage, zucchini, cauliflower, cucumbers, etc.).

After taking this all into consideration, my ideas are to either add an additional non-restricted packet per day, (probably a pudding) 2 additional oz of lean protein, or to increase my oil.

I'm wondering if my body has acclimated to the low calories and I need to do something to shake it up.

Thanks in advance!
The only thing I didn't see here is how much exercise you are doing?
Old 02-22-2013, 05:28 PM   #384  

Quote:
Originally Posted by lisa32989 View Post
The only thing I didn't see here is how much exercise you are doing?
Thanks Lisa, forgot that.

Honestly, not too much right now...an occasional 1 mile, slow walk around the neighborhood.
Old 02-22-2013, 05:42 PM   #385  
Reboot 9/2014

S/C/G: 198.6/173/165

Height: 5' 8"

Also, the TMI question - any chance you're backed up, any other inflammation issues going on?

There are others who have dealt with plateaus - some break it by removing the restricted packet for a few weeks. Others have switched up their meal timing (I.E. had the protein meal at breakfast or lunch instead of at dinner) and that has shaken things up a bit. A few have phased off to P2 (and a few all the way to P3) for a few weeks to break it.
Old 02-22-2013, 05:42 PM   #386  

Quote:
Happy Friday 100%ers!

Thanks in advance!
I love the fact that your first reaction is to ADD, rather than to take away. It is amazing what that will do sometimes. And most people's response it to further restrict.
Unfortunately, it may be a trial and error thing.
Please forgive me, I don't remember. Have you lost this 100+ lbs pretty quickly? What had been your avg weight loss prior to the last month?

I'd also try adding first and also looking at whether I'd become MORE carb sensitive. The other thing is to have your doctor check and make sure all your levels are A-okay, including hormones like cortisol. It could be something easily fixable. (Remember, I developed the thyroid thing so I will never rule out development of a medical condition)
Are your monthly cycles normal? Mine have been out of whack from the get-go (but I'm also almost 50 so I don't know WHAT to blame it on!).

Just my thoughts...I know others will have great ideas!
Old 02-22-2013, 05:56 PM   #387  

Thanks Scorbett and Lisa. Not "backed up" and regular with TOM.

Yes, Lisa, my first inclination was to add something to shake it up, rather than take anything away. I know we're so low calorie as it is.

I have been 1.5 - 2 pounds per week on average before this. I wish it was 100+ pounds, total is 88.5 so far.

I also thought about doing Phase 2 for two weeks then switching back to Phase 1.

Just processing everything right now, I really appreciate having you all as a sounding board
Old 02-22-2013, 06:28 PM   #388  

S/C/G: 182/150/144

Height: 5'2.5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by MonicaKolesnik View Post
As a massage therapist (no longer practicing), here is my advice, let the therapist know as she/he works on you if you need more or less pressure, or a different type of massage. A competent therapist should be trained in deep tissue and relaxation techniques. The thing about "hurts" or "hurts so good" is that people have different pain thresholds and sensitivity to touch . A therapist can practically beat on my muscles with a meat tenderizer and I won't complain. Most of my clients were rehab or athletes, so I did very deep tissue work. However, occassionaly one of my deep tissue clients would say "Not today, just want a light relaxation massage." Plus I had a couple clients who could barely tolerate any level of pressure except for the slightest amount of touch. Since you are a new client, the therapist should ask you for feedback on the level of pressure. But if not, by all means speak up and tell them what you like and don't like. It's perfectly ok to ask for more pressure, less pressure or to say you want a light relaxation massage or deeper tissue massage.

My last opinion about massage therapists, they are a lot like IP coaches. A good one is worth their weight in gold, a bad one will have you never wanting to return. If you don't leave this massage feeling great about it, keep shopping, massage is a wonderful thing!
Old 02-22-2013, 06:36 PM   #389  
Started IP 3/26/12

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Happy Friday 100%ers!

Thanks in advance!
My weight loss stalled for a few weeks at one point, and I remembered Wuv's coach had told her when that happened to her to go on P3 temporarily. I tried that - went to P3 for a week - then back to P1. The change seemed to shock my body and got the weight loss moving again.

Last edited by evepet; 02-22-2013 at 06:37 PM.
Old 02-22-2013, 06:36 PM   #390  

Quote:
I have been 1.5 - 2 pounds per week on average before this. I wish it was 100+ pounds, total is 88.5 so far.
Oops! Upon further inspection, it looks like I reversed some numbers. You're still doing FANTASTIC!
Closed Thread