3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Ideal Protein Diet (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet-236/)
-   -   Home of the 100% Vol 20 (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet/273864-home-100%25-vol-20-a.html)

LosingLawyer 01-28-2013 12:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by scorbett1103 (Post 4609652)
OMG I was JUST thinking about this the other day - I cannot WAIT for unlimited veggies!!!! I may never touch a potato again thanks to my love affair with rutabaga.

Seriously. Who needs potatoes when you have rutabegas?

Quote:

Originally Posted by mompattie (Post 4609776)
The "I love your new hair cut" comments get old fast!! I went downtown on Friday to pick up tickets at a store. The lady whom I sorta know says, wow you look great!!! I said Thanks!!! She said "once you set your mind to it it's easy isn't it?" Grrrrr. I could have frickin smacked her!! I said, "well some days go pretty well, but it is a DAILY CONSCIOUS CHOICE AND IT IS CERTAINLY NOT EASY. Being fat is easy". You should have seen her face - 50 shades of red!! She won't say that stupid remark again!!

Sorry about the remark, but great comeback!

Quote:

Originally Posted by lisa32989 (Post 4610299)
Well not here
My coach contacted me as I was driving to my WI to double check to see if I was planning on today or Thursday because she has me on the schedule for Thursday (She obviously knew she was wrong). Lack of communication. I have an email confirmation for this morning at 8 AM. Oh well, my back is inflamed anyway we will weigh in on Thursday to see the weight that starts with a one

Frustrating. But maybe this will give you time for the inflammation to go down. Hope your back feels better.

Ragdoll - you know the drill - there is no rhyme or reason to the weight loss. Stay OP and it will come off. :D

Little Star - cute charm bracelet!

-------------------------------------
Good morning! Not looking forward to today, too much work to do and not enough time.

Good weigh in this morning, down 6.4 pounds. I'm seriously thisclose to starting a thread that is called "STOP! BEFORE YOU POST ABOUT A STALL, PLATEAU OR A SMALL LOSS, READ THIS!" In the body of the thread I would tell them to just look at my weekly stats. Worried about "only losing" a pound or two in your second week? Look at my 2nd weigh in. Worried about not losing anything this week? Look at my 16th weigh in. Worried about not losing anything for TWO weeks in a row, look at week 28 and 29. Worried about two one pound losses in a row, look at me in week 32 and 33. And guess what. I didn't stress about it. I just stayed OP because in 34 weeks, I've lost 109 pounds (down 120 total, but 11 was prior to IP). That's an average of 3.2 a week. If I freaked out or cheated every time my weigh in was zero or "just a pound," I guarantee I wouldn't be where I am today.

Okay, end of rant. I know I'm preaching to the choir here. :D

ragdoll74 01-28-2013 02:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LosingLawyer (Post 4610674)
Good morning! Not looking forward to today, too much work to do and not enough time.

Good weigh in this morning, down 6.4 pounds. I'm seriously thisclose to starting a thread that is called "STOP! BEFORE YOU POST ABOUT A STALL, PLATEAU OR A SMALL LOSS, READ THIS!" In the body of the thread I would tell them to just look at my weekly stats. Worried about "only losing" a pound or two in your second week? Look at my 2nd weigh in. Worried about not losing anything this week? Look at my 16th weigh in. Worried about not losing anything for TWO weeks in a row, look at week 28 and 29. Worried about two one pound losses in a row, look at me in week 32 and 33. And guess what. I didn't stress about it. I just stayed OP because in 34 weeks, I've lost 109 pounds (down 120 total, but 11 was prior to IP). That's an average of 3.2 a week. If I freaked out or cheated every time my weigh in was zero or "just a pound," I guarantee I wouldn't be where I am today.

:bravo:

lisa32989 01-28-2013 02:15 PM

Quote:

:cp::cp::cp::cp::cp::cp::cp::cp:
The choir will sing and clap along!

I have a weigh-in record that looks like yours on the "slower" weeks but not quite as fast as yours on the high end. This will be my 26th WI. I'm averaging just over 2/week. I blame the thyroid that became sluggish, but ya know what? It is STILL faster than any other time I've tried to lose weight. It is ALL GOOD!

onmyway1014 01-28-2013 02:27 PM

Losing Lawyer -

Great weigh in! Great weight loss overall! great advice! great attitude!

I love being reminded that this plan works especially with success stories like yours.

I made it to my weigh in and was down 3.8. So glad I went even in the snow. Weight loss is a great motivator.

Now to figure out how to update my ticker!

IP43 01-28-2013 03:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by onmyway1014 (Post 4610834)
...Now to figure out how to update my ticker!

Go to the top to "User CP" -- someone just posted how to do this in the dailies maybe?? You need to click "Edit Signature" to change the ticker , and "edit profile" to change the numbers on the side there.

I should go change mine too! :)

mightbe 01-28-2013 03:36 PM

Well after weeks of not feeling well I went to the doctor yesterday and found out I have mono :( But the good news is my blood pressure is no longer on the high side and I have a huge pot of chicken soup on the stove!! ;)

IP43 01-28-2013 04:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mightbe (Post 4610928)
Well after weeks of not feeling well I went to the doctor yesterday and found out I have mono :( But the good news is my blood pressure is no longer on the high side and I have a huge pot of chicken soup on the stove!! ;)

Well, not good that you're sick, but at least good that you KNOW and now have a plan for healing.

Isn't it exciting to have rotini to make chicken NOODLE soup! Small joys in life. Gonna do that myself tonight!

scorbett1103 01-28-2013 04:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 1LittleStar (Post 4610648)
Happy Monday!

Here is my new charm bracelet, which was based on your inspiration! I ordered 4 charms (one for every 10lbs) when I hadn't quite lost 40lbs, but based on all the inspirational stories on here, I knew I could do it!

Attachment 43964

I'm travelling tomorrow. In a 4 hour drive before IP, I would be buying a large bag of chips, 2 chocolate bars, and 2 diet cokes! Funny! Now, I've got my IP food ready, a plan for my veggies, and water to drink! What a difference...

Very pretty!!!

Quote:

:cheer2::cheer3::cheer2::cheer3::cheer2::cheer3:

mightbe 01-28-2013 05:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by IP43 (Post 4610981)
Well, not good that you're sick, but at least good that you KNOW and now have a plan for healing.

Isn't it exciting to have rotini to make chicken NOODLE soup! Small joys in life. Gonna do that myself tonight!

I am soo excited to finally try it, hope it's yummy!

mompattie 01-28-2013 05:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lisa32989 (Post 4610507)
Yes
Inflammation=fluid retention

You should try an Epsom salts bath. It helps pull out inflammation. I swear by them and for my kids when they're sore!

IP43 01-28-2013 06:21 PM

That's why we got YOU nurse Pattie, to help us out!
I'm eating my chicken veggie soup. Didn't bother with the rotini as I'm using my Southwest curls as crackers. DEEE---LISH!!

I'm tellin' ya, my Fridgebottom soup is never the same, but has never been disappointing. Poor hubby always says "This is good! Can we ever have it again??".... NOPE so enjoy!

Hgamroth 01-28-2013 06:31 PM

Good afternoon everyone! Well, I am finally getting some of my medical issues figured out and THANK YOU to all of you who PMed me with concerns. You are amazing! I had a misdiagnosis and now I have a new doctor. I will probably have a hysterectomy in my future but for now I am on the pill AGAIN which my body doesn't like. :( Oh well. I did gain a few during my feel sorry for myself days and as soon as I started taking the pill but my new doctor approved me to go back onto phase 1. I am so relieved to be getting things figured out. I am on day 2 and feeling great. A friend of mine is starting IP tomorrow so I am excited to be going through this with her and able to help her. Sorry for my rambling. I am actually all caught up in classes and do not have any homework tonight so i thought I would check in versus lurk. :)

IP43 01-28-2013 06:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hgamroth (Post 4611175)
Good afternoon everyone! Well, I am finally getting some of my medical issues figured out and THANK YOU to all of you who PMed me with concerns. You are amazing! ... I am actually all caught up in classes and do not have any homework tonight so i thought I would check in versus lurk. :)

Thank you for keeping us in the loop. Sending big :hug::hug::hug: your way.

auroragrl 01-28-2013 07:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by onmyway1014 (Post 4610645)
Lisa - I hope you back is feeling better soon.

I am home early from school because of snow dismissal (I'm a pre-school teacher) -hoping my weigh in does not get canceled or at least hoping that if I go my coach is still there.

I have to say Attitude is everything -so much of our success with weight loss depends on our frame of mind. The drive to keep plugging away at it no matter what. that's why I like this thread - you ladies have the drive and the positive attitude to deal with losing weight -something we all know is so difficult. Sometimes we all have to whine - but we don't cheat - we vent and move on.

Being here keeps me focused. Thank you.

Love the comment : Being fat is easy - great comeback - I never quite thought of it that way.

Have a great day!

I'm a teacher too, and I have to say, 'JEALOUS', not one snow down here! I love a snow day. We've only had our storms on the weekends. :)

Quote:

Originally Posted by ragdoll74 (Post 4610808)
:bravo:

Quote:

Originally Posted by mightbe (Post 4610928)

That's a bummer! Hope you feel better soon!!

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hgamroth (Post 4611175)
Good afternoon everyone! Well, I am finally getting some of my medical issues figured out and THANK YOU to all of you who PMed me with concerns. You are amazing! I had a misdiagnosed etopic pregnancy and now I have a new doctor. I will probably have a hysterectomy in my future but for now I am on the pill AGAIN which my body doesn't like. :( Oh well. I did gain a few during my feel sorry for myself days and as soon as I started taking the pill but my new doctor approved me to go back onto phase 1. I am so relieved to be getting things figured out. I am on day 2 and feeling great. A friend of mine is starting IP tomorrow so I am excited to be going through this with her and able to help her. Sorry for my rambling. I am actually all caught up in classes and do not have any homework tonight so i thought I would check in versus lurk. :)

I have had a hysterectomy and I feel SO much better than I did before!!

You know what I find interesting, is that people think they are going to lose 8 pounds (ex.) per week because that's what they loose the first week, and then are totally bummed when the losses slow down. Wouldn't it be nice if we could lose that much every week and be done in 4 months, etc. Oh well!!!:dizzy:

Going to go make supper. I have burger out, so think we will have taco salads. I love 'em spicy!! :)

Hgamroth 01-28-2013 07:02 PM

Thanks for the hugs. :) I am really, really good now.