3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Ideal Protein Diet (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet-236/)
-   -   Home of the 100% Vol 20 (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet/273864-home-100%25-vol-20-a.html)

IdealProteinNewbie 01-28-2013 06:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mompattie (Post 4609776)
The "I love your new hair cut" comments get old fast!! I went downtown on Friday to pick up tickets at a store. The lady whom I sorta know says, wow you look great!!! I said Thanks!!! She said "once you set your mind to it it's easy isn't it?" Grrrrr. I could have frickin smacked her!! I said, "well some days go pretty well, but it is a DAILY CONSCIOUS CHOICE AND IT IS CERTAINLY NOT EASY. Being fat is easy". You should have seen her face - 50 shades of red!! She won't say that stupid remark again!!

LE sigh. These men. I'm sure DH wouldn't notice if I ran up and down the street with my panties on my head. Geez. Mr. Notice Nothing!!

Good for you!!! I don't know if I would have been able to think that fast on my feet.

I hope you're happy...I snorted my coffee when I read the "panties on head" comment LOL :eek:

IdealProteinNewbie 01-28-2013 06:06 AM

lisa32989: Good luck this morning...I hope the train pulls smoothly into Onderland!!!

auroragrl 01-28-2013 08:09 AM

Good morning!

It is supposed to be dreadfully cold here this week. However, feel for the Alaskans. Many of my friends in Fairbanks posted pics of 50 below yesterday. If they can get above the ice fog, the Northern Lights are probably fantastic! That is cold - - for sure!

Gotta get this week started! I'm hoping it goes faster than the last 2. It's January - almost February doldrums I think.

My scale was down 1.8 today! 2 more pounds and I will be back to where I stopped. I'm feeling great, and that really motivitated me. I was up about 10. It's been coming off in .2 and .4, but maybe I'm going to get a whoosh! :)

I was retaining water, and I drink my water everyday, don't know why for sure.

I hope everyone has a fabulous day!! Let's get this week started!!;)

Have a great day everyone!!

bubbleblower 01-28-2013 08:29 AM

Good morning, everyone! We've got ice here this morning so everything has come to pretty much of a standstill. But in this whacky weather world of late, it's forecast to be in the 60s by Wednesday. The geese on the lake out back don't seem to know whether they're coming or going between the constant ice and thaw cycle.

My scale has finally started moving again so that was a nice boost for the start of the day.

Have a great day, everyone!

lisa32989 01-28-2013 08:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by IdealProteinNewbie (Post 4610022)
lisa32989: Good luck this morning...I hope the train pulls smoothly into Onderland!!!

The wonky wii fit is worse than the woosh fairy...or else her tartness is residing in there eating tarts!

My back is inflamed as all get-out.

We'll see!

Annnnnnnnnd the daily already has that "cheat" suggested this morning...:rolleyes:

We do what we make up our minds to do. I've made up my mine. How bout you? :grouphug:

mompattie 01-28-2013 08:46 AM

Nooooooo cheating here!! May as well throw 3 days of packets in the garbage! What a waste of time and effort. Know by experience. LE sigh.

sahmmommy2 01-28-2013 09:19 AM

Lisa - Really hope you see onederland today! I am so sorry your back is causing you so much pain:hug:

WI was today. -1 lb and I'll take it. Had a taco salad for dinner last night and woke up feeling bloated. Maybe not the best meal choice prior to WI. Oops:D Time to guzzle some water and flush out the ole' system:p

ragdoll74 01-28-2013 09:34 AM

Goodmorning all!

No cheating for me either, I couldn't deal with the consequences of it. I had the exact same weight as last week for my WI this week, but my scale said there was a 3% drop in body fat. I'm pretending it is 100% accurate again.:D

I know I ate 100% on plan so not worried about the number on the scale. I've had issues with the big C this week, and was expecting the scale would reflect that. Going to pick something up on my way home to help get things moving again. The strong coffee and hot lemon water I tried didn't work.

If anyone needs a good laugh today check out the website myhomeremedies.com and look up constipation. People post their home remedies on this thread and I was laughing out loud last night at some of the posts.

auroragirl & sahmommy- Nice WI's!!!

lisa- I hope your back feels better soon and hoping you make it to onederland!

Starshine 01-28-2013 09:41 AM

auroragrl, sahmmommy congrats on the great weigh ins! And ragdoll, way to lose the fat %. Hope the Big C gets a fix soon.

Lisa, I so hope you feel better soon! :hug:

lisa32989 01-28-2013 09:41 AM

What we have here is a failure to communicate

Well not here
My coach contacted me as I was driving to my WI to double check to see if I was planning on today or Thursday because she has me on the schedule for Thursday (She obviously knew she was wrong). Lack of communication. I have an email confirmation for this morning at 8 AM. Oh well, my back is inflamed anyway we will weigh in on Thursday to see the weight that starts with a one

IP43 01-28-2013 10:08 AM

Someone mentioned LIsa, that inflamation is retained water (yes? no?) but maybe your inflamed back is why scale isn't moving??

We have a snow day here so not many wee ones at school today. Safe travels everyone

lisa32989 01-28-2013 11:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by IP43 (Post 4610352)
Someone mentioned LIsa, that inflamation is retained water (yes? no?) but maybe your inflamed back is why scale isn't moving??

We have a snow day here so not many wee ones at school today. Safe travels everyone

Yes
Inflammation=fluid retention

1LittleStar 01-28-2013 12:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by scorbett1103 (Post 4609786)
Yes there is a reason - your body can only absorb so much calcium at once, and there is calcium in the potassium supplement and the Cal-mag. It is spread out that way to make sure your body actually absorbs everything it's supposed to, otherwise it will just pass thru your system and become really expensive pee.

Haha! Expensive pee made me laugh. Sometimes, I think I'm 12 years old.:D

Quote:

Originally Posted by lisa32989 (Post 4610299)
Well not here
My coach contacted me as I was driving to my WI to double check to see if I was planning on today or Thursday because she has me on the schedule for Thursday (She obviously knew she was wrong). Lack of communication. I have an email confirmation for this morning at 8 AM. Oh well, my back is inflamed anyway we will weigh in on Thursday to see the weight that starts with a one

That's too bad Lisa. Hope you feel better soon and that you hit onederland. It's been said a lot already, but great pic!

onmyway1014 01-28-2013 12:36 PM

Lisa - I hope you back is feeling better soon.

I am home early from school because of snow dismissal (I'm a pre-school teacher) -hoping my weigh in does not get canceled or at least hoping that if I go my coach is still there.

I have to say Attitude is everything -so much of our success with weight loss depends on our frame of mind. The drive to keep plugging away at it no matter what. that's why I like this thread - you ladies have the drive and the positive attitude to deal with losing weight -something we all know is so difficult. Sometimes we all have to whine - but we don't cheat - we vent and move on.

Being here keeps me focused. Thank you.

Love the comment : Being fat is easy - great comeback - I never quite thought of it that way.

Have a great day!

1LittleStar 01-28-2013 12:39 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Happy Monday!

Here is my new charm bracelet, which was based on your inspiration! I ordered 4 charms (one for every 10lbs) when I hadn't quite lost 40lbs, but based on all the inspirational stories on here, I knew I could do it!

Attachment 43964

I'm travelling tomorrow. In a 4 hour drive before IP, I would be buying a large bag of chips, 2 chocolate bars, and 2 diet cokes! Funny! Now, I've got my IP food ready, a plan for my veggies, and water to drink! What a difference...