3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Ideal Protein Diet (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet-236/)
-   -   Home of the 100% Vol 20 (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet/273864-home-100%25-vol-20-a.html)

IdealProteinNewbie 01-25-2013 06:40 PM

You know you're living the "100% lifestyle" when you just planned out your menu for NEXT Thursday-Sunday's four day work conference...six days before you even get on the airplane!!!

Three packets sitting in each quart size zip-loc bag :D

IdealProteinNewbie 01-25-2013 06:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Starshine (Post 4607210)
Congrats, IdealProteinNewbie! You are doing so well! :hug:

Thank you!!! :broc:

MonicaKolesnik 01-25-2013 07:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lisa32989 (Post 4606625)
Thanks Sweetie!:hug:
This plan works!
I can only IMAGINE what my goal pics will look like :)
Before avatar below (for new folks)
http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8465/8...017a85aa_t.jpg

LISA!!!!! You Look FABULOUS!!! :bravo::cheer3::cheer2::cheer3::cheer2::bravo:
__________________________________________________ _______________
I just put up new comparison photos of myself to really show the difference and I am loving it. For any interested in looking click the link in my signature. Now to read thru and catch up on all you busy ladies!!

ragdoll74 01-25-2013 07:44 PM

Lisa you look incredible!!!! Had to read your name a couple times to make sure it was the Lisa I thought it was.

Monica- Great pics! You are rockin' IP.

MonicaKolesnik 01-25-2013 07:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ragdoll74 (Post 4607279)
Lisa you look incredible!!!! Had to read your name a couple times to make sure it was the Lisa I thought it was.

Monica- Great pics! You are rockin' IP.

Thanks Ragdoll!! Your before and after pics are great too!!!!

Nolawhodatchick 01-25-2013 09:09 PM

Lisa, you do look fantastic. I was tempted to kid you and ask if you did something new with your hair, but you have worked way to hard and look way to great for me to even make a joke. Way to go, you are beautiful!

Ragdoll, I also commented last night on the daily (wrong place, and last post on that thread) about how incredible you look in the progress photos. I was so impressed, you also look so beautiful and the photos are very inspiring!

Sorry if I missed anyone's accomplishments this week, I've been not monitoring as close as we have a stomach bug in the house (again, blah) and my little guy has been home with me.

IP43 01-25-2013 09:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nolawhodatchick (Post 4607383)
Lisa, you do look fantastic. I was tempted to kid you and ask if you did something new with your hair, but you have worked way to hard and look way to great for me to even make a joke. Way to go, you are beautiful!

Oh man! I wish I'd thought of that one too! That actually really WAS funny. You're right, she HAS worked so hard and does look great, BUT, after all the people at work asking about her hair, a bit o' heckling would not have been out of order :fr: (Said with love Lisa :hug: You've posted so much lately that I feel I know you well and feel comfortable buggin' you -- that 's a true sign I care! :D)

bubbleblower 01-25-2013 09:22 PM

Quote:

I did the same thing at first!! Lisa, as I said on an earlier post, you look *GREAT*!!

Quote:

Originally Posted by mompattie (Post 4606577)
Thanks everyone for the awesome advice. Lots of fantastic ideas!!!!!! Gonna get me a Brita water bottle! I may have to take some bars in carry in and RTD in luggage. I want to bypass any hassle! Cut up veggies another awesome idea!!!

That's what I do. On my last flight I had an IP bar, an IP cappuccino (that I put in coffee on the plane), and a zip lock with celery and cauliflower. I bought a salad and a bottle of water at the airport.

Quote:

Originally Posted by rainbowsmiles (Post 4606619)
saw this post on another thread!!! don't know if it works but pretty

Thanks for the alert re: the coupon code!

ragdoll74 01-25-2013 09:56 PM

Thanks Monica & Nola!

lisa32989 01-25-2013 10:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Starshine (Post 4607154)
Wow, wow, wow, Lisa! I thought it was someone else too. :) You look beautiful. Congrats on being so successful! You're fabulous! :hug:

Quote:

Originally Posted by IdealProteinNewbie (Post 4607181)
lisa32989: I was scrolling through and saw your glamour shot...you look amazing!!!

Quote:

Originally Posted by MonicaKolesnik (Post 4607231)
LISA!!!!! You Look FABULOUS!!!!

Quote:

Thanks so much 100% IPeeps! I was just reminded that a week ago I had such a weepy weekend and I was so sad/demoralized/PO'd. I've lived through a week and my plans have me solidly on track. I even decided that 2 HB eggs are approximately a restricted (I'm calling it that b/c of fat content) and I might sub out for them occasionally (since my restricted choices are so limited). I'm really not worried about the slight difference in protein b/c I usually have a little whey protein in my morning coffee, or added egg whites in recipes. I'm just gonna have to see how it goes & what happens with losses when I do it. This former Atkins girl just isn't scared of a little fat. Its the carbs that cause the problems!

Quote:

OMG! TOO FUNNY! And yes, I DID get my hair cut/styled today (which kinda kills the mood but it was STILL funny!) But seriously, the only real difference in my hair, is that my flat-out-fabulous stylist styled it instead of lil-ol-me. I only WISH I could make it look like he does! When I win the lottery, I'm having him style it every morning - at my beach house!

Quote:

Originally Posted by IdealProteinNewbie (Post 4607211)
You know you're living the "100% lifestyle" when you just planned out your menu for NEXT Thursday-Sunday's four day work conference...six days before you even get on the airplane!!!

Three packets sitting in each quart size zip-loc bag :D

Now THAT is planning! You're doing so great!
Got me thinking I'm leaving for Ft Lauderdale for 4 days/3 nites next Sat. Its never too early to start planning that (AND I just realized I STILL need a swimsuit!). Got rid of my FOUR wayyy too big but in really good shape suits.

Quote:

Ragdoll, I also commented last night on the daily (wrong place, and last post on that thread) about how incredible you look in the progress photos. I was so impressed, you also look so beautiful and the photos are very inspiring!

Skinny minny to be sure! I only hope to look so good so close to goal!

IP43 01-25-2013 11:07 PM

Well I'm off tomorrow to MIL to celebrate a big family "do" so not sure how much I'll be posting. (Maybe lots if I'm hiding to avoid people!) This is the same MIL who seems to forget that I'm trying to avoid carbs. For one meal at her house I ate a burger patty the size of a yo yo for supper because she forgot I couldn't have buns and all the "salads" were macaroni, rice pudding for dessert, caesar salad with extra dressing and croutons.... The next meal she 'remembered' I was only eating salad so gave me lettuce with carrots on top, and that's all. I didn't even have the heart to pick off the carrots.
Wow, I can't wait to see what "smorgasbord" awaits me tomorrow LOL... gonna make sure I have extra shakes and bars in the car. As a teen I might have sneaked out to the car for a beer. Now I'll be sneaking out to get some soy and protein:lol:

LosingLawyer 01-26-2013 12:23 AM

monica- you look great! I love seeing the progress pics.

mompattie - you are going to have so much fun in Las Vegas! I always drive there since I'm only about 4 hours away, but usually you can get great package airfare/hotel deals. I like to research hotels on tripadvisor to get an idea of what people like/don't like about the particular hotel.

Regarding hotels, i agree with others that you don't need to go for the swankiest hotels, but I will say this - there is a lot of cigarette smoke in Las Vegas and the newer/nicer hotels have better ventilation systems. I'm pretty sensitive to cigarette smoke so I will usually pay the extra money to stay somewhere like the Venetian/Wynn, etc. The Cosmopolitan is a gorgeous hotel as well. Most hotels on the strip also have a "resort" fee of $20-$30 per night as well, so remember to factor that into the cost.

If you aren't going to be driving, then yes, bring walking shoes. You will be doing a lot of walking. Weather should be beautiful in March though.

I'm totally excited for you and now I realize I need to plan another Vegas getaway weekend!

Quote:

Originally Posted by lisa32989 (Post 4607442)
This former Atkins girl just isn't scared of a little fat. Its the carbs that cause the problems!
!

This x 100. IP is low fat and I comply, but this is part of the reason why I will go paleo for maintenance because it focuses on good healthy fats and doesn't buy into the BS notion that you need grains as the cornerstone of a healthy diet.

IP43- good luck with the in-laws! I'm sure you'll have some funny stories to tell!

Suzali 01-26-2013 07:11 AM

[QUOTE=lisa32989;4607442][COLOR=Green]Thanks so much 100% IPeeps!

Lisa, you look great! I didn't know the new picture was you! ( and wasn't paying attention to the name, just used to everyone's avatar picture.

lisa32989 01-26-2013 07:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LosingLawyer (Post 4607588)
This x 100. (being not scared of the fat) IP is low fat and I comply, but this is part of the reason why I will go paleo for maintenance because it focuses on good healthy fats and doesn't buy into the BS notion that you need grains as the cornerstone of a healthy diet.

I comply with the IP low fat rule, too, even tho I know I lost 100 lbs on Atkins eating bacon! I lost slower than IP because of the volume of food I was eating. IP has helped me with that. After reading Gary Taubes, Dr Eades, Dr Atkins, and more, I KNOW it is not the fat keeping me fat (saturated or otherwise). What caused me to regain was allowing grains back in, never getting to goal, and not following the maintenance plan. This (extremely low fat) is actually the only part of IP I'm not happy with (well, not really...there IS the soy, gluten, and unhealthy fats in their packets).

I'm doing IP b/c it works and I needed something drastic to calm my out-of-controlness. I'm a big believer in JERF (Just Eat Real Food) and can't wait to get back to that and to do it in a MUCH healthier way. I was eating real food and everything else in sight. It wasn't working. I craved EVERYTHING! Now most of the time cravings are at bay. I'm not adding grains back in to bring those cravings back.

When others talk about looking forward to eating a food they are "missing" all I look forward to is eating real food and not so much packaged, processed stuff. I'll keep with it to goal tho. I like the results :)

Starshine 01-26-2013 10:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lisa32989 (Post 4607442)
Thanks so much 100% IPeeps! I was just reminded that a week ago I had such a weepy weekend and I was so sad/demoralized/PO'd. I've lived through a week and my plans have me solidly on track. I even decided that 2 HB eggs are approximately a restricted (I'm calling it that b/c of fat content) and I might sub out for them occasionally (since my restricted choices are so limited). I'm really not worried about the slight difference in protein b/c I usually have a little whey protein in my morning coffee, or added egg whites in recipes. I'm just gonna have to see how it goes & what happens with losses when I do it.[/COLOR] [COLOR=Green]This former Atkins girl just isn't scared of a little fat. Its the carbs that cause the problems!

Lisa, being a Vegetarian, when I first started IP, I realized that the veggie proteins didn't have enough protein in them unless I ate lots of it, which upped the fat content and the calories too much. So I have been adding extra egg whites to my shakes every day. I don't do all the eggs, due to the added fat in them, as you noted. My weight loss has not been stalled by adding in extra egg whites.

I feel for you having to experiment with this. I did that when I first started, and it was really rough for a while, as IP doesn't have great advice for Vegetarians. You'll get through this. You are a superstar!!!

Quote:

Originally Posted by lisa32989 (Post 4607699)
I comply with the IP low fat rule, too, even tho I know I lost 100 lbs on Atkins eating bacon! I lost slower than IP because of the volume of food I was eating. IP has helped me with that. After reading Gary Taubes, Dr Eades, Dr Atkins, and more, I KNOW it is not the fat keeping me fat (saturated or otherwise). What caused me to regain was allowing grains back in, never getting to goal, and not following the maintenance plan. This (extremely low fat) is actually the only part of IP I'm not happy with (well, not really...there IS the soy, gluten, and unhealthy fats in their packets).

I'm doing IP b/c it works and I needed something drastic to calm my out-of-controlness. I'm a big believer in JERF (Just Eat Real Food) and can't wait to get back to that and to do it in a MUCH healthier way. I was eating real food and everything else in sight. It wasn't working. I craved EVERYTHING! Now most of the time cravings are at bay. I'm not adding grains back in to bring those cravings back.

When others talk about looking forward to eating a food they are "missing" all I look forward to is eating real food and not so much packaged, processed stuff. I'll keep with it to goal tho. I like the results :)

I can't wait to get back to real food too. I wasn't eating so much of it with my free fall into obesity, but it is how I like to eat when I'm eating healthy Vegetarian. I'm really looking forward to maintenance for that fact.

I'm not sure what I'm going to do about grains. I've been eating Seitan, which is wheat gluten, and I don't feel any side affects, but still. I miss my whole grains. I make a killer whole wheat bread, and I miss whole grain rice too. And whole grain tortillas. But I've gotten used to fajitas in a salad, and things like that, so I can just continue those practices.

When I hit maintenance, I'll slowly introduce back in foods to see how my body handles it, and to see if it makes me crave foods. I'd love to have some popcorn, but I don't know if I can have that, as I'm pretty sure that is addiction causing. It might be left for the occasional fun days.

All my best, Lisa! And again, what a transformation. :) :hug::hug: