3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Ideal Protein Diet (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet-236/)
-   -   Home of the 100% Vol 20 (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet/273864-home-100%25-vol-20-a.html)

lisa32989 01-27-2013 09:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ragdoll74 (Post 4608958)
This is why I come here for inspiration. In the daily the same situation would have been reasons why they cheated.

O.M.G. you WENT THERE! :cool:

I sometimes have such a hard time biting my tongue. Oh wait...I DON'T bite my tongue, which is why Scorbett is good cop!

I LOVE stories where one of us "made it thru" a tough situation. It gives me that "If she can do it, so can I" attitude. That is why I'm here so much! I need the inspiration and encouragement. Every day is NOT an easy day. But we can move thru and triumph over adversity and lose this fat in the process. IP is SO empowering!

I just planned my food for next weekend when we do a long weekend in Ft Lauderdale. I need to make sure I have all the packets I need when I go WI tomorrow (got the Pina Colada covered after the "discontinuation scare")
. We're not even sure where we're staying yet. Hubby wants to get a last-minute deal. If I find out we'll have a fridge, things may change a bit (I'll take more muffins)

FL Weekend plan
Pack: celery & cukes, 2 servings each: Maple zucchini muffins & potato/zucchini muffins, Brita bottle

Saturday Feb 2: Flight to FL & Jimmy Buffet Concert Day
B: IP maple zucchini muffins
L: IP potato zucchini muffins
S: IP pina colada with true lime (take 2 in case a 2nd snack is needed due to late nite)
D 8oz burger w/ lettuce, onion, pickles, cucumbers

Sunday Feb 3
B IP maple zucchini muffins
S white cheddar ridges
D salad, seafood, veggies

Monday Feb 4
B: vanilla drink mix in coffee
L: IP pineapple banana drink, spinach salad
S white cheddar ridges
D salad, steak & seafood, veggies

Tuesday Feb 5: Beach Day & Fly home nite
B vanilla drink mix in coffee
L: IP pina colada with true lime, spinach salad
S: IP peach/mango drink
D: salad, steak & seafood, veggies

Extras: Take 2 orange drink, 2 pink lemonade, 2 extra white cheddar ridges to account for extra exercise, etc that my crop up. Always better to over-prepare!

mompattie 01-27-2013 10:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by IdealProteinNewbie (Post 4608929)
Way to go! Isn't it the best feeling waking up the next morning not feeling guilty and knowing that you made the correct decision!

We're going to get to 100 pounds (and more) together!!! :D

You betcha!!!!!!!

Quote:

Originally Posted by lisa32989 (Post 4608995)

I sometimes have such a hard time biting my tongue. Oh wait...I DON'T bite my tongue, which is why Scorbett is good cop!

I LOVE stories where one of us "made it thru" a tough situation. It gives me that "If she can do it, so can I" attitude. That is why I'm here so much! I need the inspiration and encouragement. Every day is NOT an easy day. But we can move thru and triumph over adversity and lose this fat in the process. IP is SO empowering!

I just planned my food for next weekend when we do a long weekend in Ft Lauderdale. I need to make sure I have all the packets I need when I go WI tomorrow (got the Pina Colada covered after the "discontinuation scare")
. We're not even sure where we're staying yet. Hubby wants to get a last-minute deal. If I find out we'll have a fridge, things may change a bit (I'll take more muffins)

FL Weekend plan
Pack: celery & cukes, 2 servings each: Maple zucchini muffins & potato/zucchini muffins, Brita bottle

S: IP pina colada with true lime (take 2 in case a 2nd snack is needed due to late nite)

Sunday Feb 3
S white cheddar ridges

Monday Feb 4
S white cheddar ridges

Extras: Take 2 orange drink, 2 pink lemonade, 2 extra white cheddar ridges to account for extra exercise, etc that my crop up. Always better to over-prepare!

Lisa thanks sooooo much for posting this!!!!! I love travel menus. The muffin recipes are close by or easy to find? Recipe thread? Thanks!!!

Nolawhodatchick 01-27-2013 10:11 AM

Quote:

[COLOR=Green]O.M.G. you WENT THERE! :cool:

I'll go there! I decided to join the 50 day OP challenge and was surprised to see that "did you stay 100% OP" wasn't one of the spreadsheet questions! Nor is "did you eat anything off-program?" It only asks did you: eat 4 cups veggies? eat your protein? take your supplements? drink your water?" Cuz you can eat your veggies, take your supplements, drink your water, eat your protein and still cheat big-time. Call me naive. :dizzy:

lisa32989 01-27-2013 10:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mompattie (Post 4609015)
Lisa thanks sooooo much for posting this!!!!! I love travel menus. The muffin recipes are close by or easy to find? Recipe thread? Thanks!!!

Here's how I do it (yup, recipes are somewhere but I've copied my favs to my iPad so I don't have to search)

1 egg white (i think the recipe says 2)
pinch salt
whisk egg whites til frothy but not peaked

add 1/2 tsp baking powder + any spices you want
add your packet of choice (I mostly use potato, maple-oatmeal, banana pudding, blueberry pudding - now blueberry whey powder)
add 1 c (from raw) lightly sauteed shredded zucchini

Bake in muffin tins 350 F for 15-20 min. My oven is weird. Timing is different every time. Make 3-4 large.
I've been making 2 batches each of maple/zucchini and potato/zucchini & storing in fridge. I just don't have many grab & go options anymore after removing soy & wheat.

Starshine 01-27-2013 11:56 AM

mompattie, what fun and way to go to stay 100%! And wow, rocking size 16 jeans too! I bet your looked so sexy! :)

Weighed in this morning and I'm down another 2.2 pounds. Yay! I still haven't figured out what my goal weight is. I lowered it five pounds, so I'm past my original goal weight, but I want more fluff to come off. It is coming off, and my stomach looks smaller on pretty much a daily basis, but still need to get more of the fat off.

An NSV---I have a friend who is an ex-model. She has never seen me anything but obese, and she has been wonderfully supportive of my IP journey. I was over at her house, and she took out a pair of size 10 skinny jeans that she didn't like and said, "These might fit you now." and offered them to me. They fit! :) I'm wearing them today. I cannot believe I can fit into her jeans. It amazes me, as this woman works out constantly and has a killer bod. My body is not killer, as well, it isn't. :) But still to fit into her jeans, just feels so good.

And, a good thing happened. I have to leave where I'm renting now, and I wasn't sure where I was going to move, as rents are ridiculously high here in Santa Fe, NM, and well, I don't make much money here. I've been really stressed about this for several weeks now. Complicating that is I have a cat and dog (both really well trained/behaved, but still, a cat and a dog).

Anyhow, the condo next door was just sold, and I chatted with the new owners. They aren't moving here for another 7 years, and were looking to rent their condo. They didn't want to take pets and the rent was really expensive, but I have great references from my neighbors here, and so they wanted to meet with me. They weren't sure about my cat and dog, but I invited them into my home, and luckily my dog and cat were on their best behavior (my cat even used his scratching post in front of them :) ). They saw how I kept my home, so that was good too.

And we got along great, and so they're letting me rent their condo and at a reduced rent also :D (still twice what I pay now though, but I've had a ridiculously low rent, as where I currently live is on the market). So I now can move on from the stress of trying to find somewhere to live, and just get back to regular life stress. The move will be easy too, as it's literally the condo right next to mine.

So that is a huge stress that I don't have to deal with anymore. :carrot: Maybe the whoosh fairy will come visit me on my next weigh in.

Beck81 01-27-2013 12:17 PM

Hi 100%'s. I have been lurking on here, just not posting much. Maintenance is going great so far. Pretty much doing P3. I haven't planned a cheat day yet as I'm not craving anything. And I love my P3 breakfast.

All of you are doing great, pictures are beautiful and you'll be joining me in maintenance in no time. Keep up all the positive talk, it is nice to read.

I miss Wuv and her posts. Hope everything is going well for her (do ya hear me Lisa?)

Good luck everyone!

MommaHen 01-27-2013 01:44 PM

Good Sunday Morning...Just checking in...doing well here. Lazy Sunday for sure...it is nearly noon and I am still in my jammies and not sure I am going to change into real clothes. Not really planning on doing much today...just being around the house and relaxing. The last few days were really busy with a cake order and it feels good to have nothing on my agenda for the day. :) Hope everyone is doing well and has had/continues to have a great weekend.

mompattie 01-27-2013 01:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lisa32989 (Post 4609036)
Here's how I do it (yup, recipes are somewhere but I've copied my favs to my iPad so I don't have to search)

1 egg white (i think the recipe says 2)
pinch salt
whisk egg whites til frothy but not peaked

add 1/2 tsp baking powder + any spices you want
add your packet of choice (I mostly use potato, maple-oatmeal, banana pudding, blueberry pudding - now blueberry whey powder)
add 1 c (from raw) lightly sauteed shredded zucchini

Bake in muffin tins 350 F for 15-20 min. My oven is weird. Timing is different every time. Make 3-4 large.
I've been making 2 batches each of maple/zucchini and potato/zucchini & storing in fridge. I just don't have many grab & go options anymore after removing soy & wheat.

Thanks Lisa!! Saved to my IP recipes file in my iPad as well!! Much appreciated gonna go make a few batches!!

Quote:

Originally Posted by Starshine (Post 4609153)
mompattie, what fun and way to go to stay 100%! And wow, rocking size 16 jeans too! I bet your looked so sexy! :)

Weighed in this morning and I'm down another 2.2 pounds. Yay! I still haven't figured out what my goal weight is. I lowered it five pounds, so I'm past my original goal weight, but I want more fluff to come off. It is coming off, and my stomach looks smaller on pretty much a daily basis, but still need to get more of the fat off.

An NSV---I have a friend who is an ex-model. She has never seen me anything but obese, and she has been wonderfully supportive of my IP journey. I was over at her house, and she took out a pair of size 10 skinny jeans that she didn't like and said, "These might fit you now." and offered them to me. They fit! :) I'm wearing them today. I cannot believe I can fit into her jeans. It amazes me, as this woman works out constantly and has a killer bod. My body is not killer, as well, it isn't. :) But still to fit into her jeans, just feels so good.

And, a good thing happened. I have to leave where I'm renting now, and I wasn't sure where I was going to move, as rents are ridiculously high here in Santa Fe, NM, and well, I don't make much money here. I've been really stressed about this for several weeks now. Complicating that is I have a cat and dog (both really well trained/behaved, but still, a cat and a dog).

Anyhow, the condo next door was just sold, and I chatted with the new owners. They aren't moving here for another 7 years, and were looking to rent their condo. They didn't want to take pets and the rent was really expensive, but I have great references from my neighbors here, and so they wanted to meet with me. They weren't sure about my cat and dog, but I invited them into my home, and luckily my dog and cat were on their best behavior (my cat even used his scratching post in front of them :) ). They saw how I kept my home, so that was good too.

And we got along great, and so they're letting me rent their condo and at a reduced rent also :D (still twice what I pay now though, but I've had a ridiculously low rent, as where I currently live is on the market). So I now can move on from the stress of trying to find somewhere to live, and just get back to regular life stress. The move will be easy too, as it's literally the condo right next to mine.

So that is a huge stress that I don't have to deal with anymore. :carrot: Maybe the whoosh fairy will come visit me on my next weigh in.

Thanks!!! I'm glad you have this settled now. It's stressful just not knowing and then scrambling to find something! Ah, now you can relax!

Quote:

Originally Posted by MommaHen (Post 4609280)
Good Sunday Morning...Just checking in...doing well here. Lazy Sunday for sure...it is nearly noon and I am still in my jammies and not sure I am going to change into real clothes. Not really planning on doing much today...just being around the house and relaxing. The last few days were really busy with a cake order and it feels good to have nothing on my agenda for the day. :) Hope everyone is doing well and has had/continues to have a great weekend.

Sounds divine!!! We're chillin here today as well. Maybe a nap?? Going to make some zucchini muffins and make a grocery list. Need milk and veggies. Again. LE sigh. Maybe I'll send DH for groceries today. I'm just about over grocery shopping! And our groceries in Canada are so expensive! A jug (4L) milk is $6!!

rainbowsmiles 01-27-2013 02:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mompattie (Post 4608789)
Just got home from an awesome night out!! Went to a cabaret with a group of friends!! Danced, visited, laughed, and drank.....WATER!!! Everyone kept asking why I wasn't drinking. I said I was good with my sexy size 16 jeans in and have a goal to reach!! Plus I had a blast and you don't need alcohol to have fun! Plus watching everyone get stumbling drunk at the end of the night I laugh at them....gonna feel like crap tomorrow all hung over and I'm good to go!! Great night, awesome to have a night out with DH and friends!!

:belly: :dance: :yay: :encore: :bravo:

ragdoll74 01-27-2013 02:18 PM

lisa3289- yup, I went there.:D I know the reason I have been able to stay 100% OP this entire time is because of everyone here. I've learned so much from all of you and want to pay it forward. That is the main reason I read the daily. The reason I read this thread is for inspiration, and I get a big daily dose of it from all of you.

Starshine- great WI, NSV and also very lucky to score the condo next door. You should go buy yourself a lottery ticket today!

mommahen- I'm having one of those Sunday's too! I didn't take a shower until after lunch. We are expecting a bad ice storm here, so I did all my shopping yesterday to make sure I didn't have to leave the house today. Have a roast in the braising in the oven, and relaxing on the sofa between loads of laundry.

MonicaKolesnik 01-27-2013 02:26 PM

Starshine; I am so glad this new condo worked out for you. I always hate how hard it is to find somewhere to live when we have pets, My pets are my children, they are part of my family as I am sure so are yours. I am so glad for all of you :hug:

Quote:

Originally Posted by mompattie (Post 4609293)
Sounds divine!!! We're chillin here today as well. Maybe a nap?? Going to make some zucchini muffins and make a grocery list. Need milk and veggies. Again. LE sigh. Maybe I'll send DH for groceries today. I'm just about over grocery shopping! And our groceries in Canada are so expensive! A jug (4L) milk is $6!!

I here you Pattie, and whats worse is the selection is so poor shopping local. I go to the city at least once or twice every 2 weeks to get me shopping down as I can't even get my pets there food in town.

sahmmommy2 01-27-2013 03:05 PM

Lisa - I'm with ragdoll, I had to make sure it was you! What really threw me was the change in your face. Your face really looks slim, what a huge change:) And of course, your hair looks beautiful too:D

Suzali 01-27-2013 03:31 PM

Quote:

FL Weekend plan

Sunday Feb 3
S white cheddar ridges

Monday Feb 4
S white cheddar ridges

Lisa, this is so helpful, being so new to IP I was trying to figure out what I was going to do when hubby and I take a long Valentine's weekend. We used to plan this trip around the restaurants we would hit for brunch and dinner.

Starshine 01-27-2013 05:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mompattie (Post 4609293)
Thanks!!! I'm glad you have this settled now. It's stressful just not knowing and then scrambling to find something! Ah, now you can relax!

Thanks, mompattie. Yes, less stressful now. Now it's time to pack. :)

Quote:

Originally Posted by ragdoll74 (Post 4609321)
l
Starshine- great WI, NSV and also very lucky to score the condo next door. You should go buy yourself a lottery ticket today!

Wow, great idea! I'm about to take my dog for a walk, so I'll take some money and if we pass a lottery selling place, I'll stop in (I've never bought lottery tickets, so it will be interesting :))

Quote:

Originally Posted by MonicaKolesnik (Post 4609332)
Starshine; I am so glad this new condo worked out for you. I always hate how hard it is to find somewhere to live when we have pets, My pets are my children, they are part of my family as I am sure so are yours. I am so glad for all of you :hug:

Thanks, Monica! :hug: Yeah, it is so hard when we have pets. I understand it, as I've seen some destructive behaviors, but my dog and cat aren't like that. My dog and cat are my family too. :) I'm so glad that the husband was crazy about my dog and so he and his wife are letting me rent their condo. They are really fun people too. I actually really like them.

IdealProteinNewbie 01-27-2013 05:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Starshine (Post 4609153)

Yay, I love everything about this post!!!

Happy that everything is falling into place and, of course, you are still kicking IP boo-tay :D