3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Ideal Protein Diet (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet-236/)
-   -   Home of the 100% Vol 20 (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet/273864-home-100%25-vol-20-a.html)

bubbleblower 01-27-2013 09:34 PM

I'm with all of you on the veggies. I never understand the posts re: difficulty getting the veggies in as I could eat more than the 4 cups allowed in P1. I'm also trying new things I've never tried before - like rutabaga - and loving them!

And too funny about the manspeak!! My DH is the same. (Laughed out loud about the boob comment! I could picture my DH saying that! :lol:)

Today was a good day ... Much better than yesterday's sulk. Not sure what was up with that, but I'm glad it passed. Maybe just a hormone thing. (That's my excuse and I'm sticking to it! ;) )

Lisa, I love your food list. I did something similar when I went to FL for 5 days in December, and I had everything packed in individual plastic bags with each day's supplements, packets, and bars. It worked out great. For my longer trips (another is coming up in 2 weeks) I just try to take as wide a variety of foods as possible so I have some flexibility while I'm gone. The downside to that the last time was that I miscounted - but luckily thought I was taking extra but in reality managed just barely to cover what I needed. I'll double count this time!!

We went out for Sunday brunch today and I had smoked salmon on mixed greens (brought along my own salt and salad dressing) and had my normal lunch at dinnertime.

Glad everyone is doing well! Oh, and I did have to laugh about the daily thread. How true! Despite the bumps in the road (and hormone swings or whatever :dizzy:) there's nothing that has gotten me yet to seriously consider not staying OP. For some odd reason, though, I do have to admit a serious craving for a glass of milk (and I only ever drink skim milk ... go figure!)

IP43 01-27-2013 09:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hgamroth (Post 4609715)
Men! My husband is NOT one to compliment me. The only (unsolicited) comment he has given me was "Gee. Your boobs are getting smaller. Will that stop?" Grrrrrrrr!

LOL that made me laugh. I had a reduction before going on IP, which was traumatic enough for DH. But now the girls are shrinkin' even more. I think he's starting to panic!:p Guess maybe I shoulda lost weight before I had my boob job! Oh well, my BACK thanks me now, even if hubby is a little :stress:

IP43 01-27-2013 09:39 PM

Question: Is there any reason (absorption or whatever) that I'm supposed to take some supplements at snack time? I have been taking them all at breakfast or in the evening, just twice a day, as snack one kept getting forgotten. Any "coaches" or wise people know why they spread 'em out throughout the day?

mompattie 01-27-2013 09:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by onmyway1014 (Post 4609703)
Lisa - thank you for the muffin recipe - I can't wait to try them - I thought I read it makes 4 muffins. Don't laugh at me - but do you eat them all at once or how do you count them since its one IP packet? (I can hear you laughing and see the eyes rolling)

On a happy note for me: I ran into someone at the grocery store that I haven't seen since I started IP and she said I look great - not that my hair looks great. :) I guess at 60 lbs people can tell the difference is not my hair!

BTW- My hair is same as its always been - DH says maybe people keep commenting on the hair because now it lays closer /flatter because my face is not so round anymore. that's manspeak for a compliment I think.

The "I love your new hair cut" comments get old fast!! I went downtown on Friday to pick up tickets at a store. The lady whom I sorta know says, wow you look great!!! I said Thanks!!! She said "once you set your mind to it it's easy isn't it?" Grrrrr. I could have frickin smacked her!! I said, "well some days go pretty well, but it is a DAILY CONSCIOUS CHOICE AND IT IS CERTAINLY NOT EASY. Being fat is easy". You should have seen her face - 50 shades of red!! She won't say that stupid remark again!!

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hgamroth (Post 4609715)
Men! My husband is NOT one to compliment me. The only (unsolicited) comment he has given me was "Gee. Your boobs are getting smaller. Will that stop?" Grrrrrrrr!

LE sigh. These men. I'm sure DH wouldn't notice if I ran up and down the street with my panties on my head. Geez. Mr. Notice Nothing!!

scorbett1103 01-27-2013 09:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by IP43 (Post 4609764)
Question: Is there any reason (absorption or whatever) that I'm supposed to take some supplements at snack time? I have been taking them all at breakfast or in the evening, just twice a day, as snack one kept getting forgotten. Any "coaches" or wise people know why they spread 'em out throughout the day?

Yes there is a reason - your body can only absorb so much calcium at once, and there is calcium in the potassium supplement and the Cal-mag. It is spread out that way to make sure your body actually absorbs everything it's supposed to, otherwise it will just pass thru your system and become really expensive pee.

LizRR 01-27-2013 09:59 PM

Ahhhhh.....finally....had some time this evening and got to prep my veggies and breakfast for the week! Roasted cauli mash, chicken broccoli casserole, cucumber-lemon ice cubes (for my ice cream), and strawberry bread pudding. I am going to run the dehydrator overnight for my zucchini chips - can't leave it plugged in while my son is awake (too easy for him to grab and pull over).

I wasn't prepared At All last week and had a big difference in my diet. My dad was here - which was great, but I didn't do my prep in time before he came and then spent what time I did have with him (and loving it). But need to be more prepared - especially when "morning" sickness rolls around at 3pm. I am up almost 10lb, and while I am expecting to gain, I am keeping an eye on it and want to stay in a healthy range. And fyi, my boobs and belly are EXPLODING - I'm only 8 weeks along and heard you show earlier than your first, but this is ridiculous!

Quote:

Originally Posted by IdealProteinNewbie (Post 4609604)
Is it weird that the thing I'm looking most forward to in Phase 4 is vegetables?

I'm seriously addicted to roasted cabbage, asparagus and cauliflower.

OMG - that is A#1 top happiest thing for me about maintenance! I have cucumber-lemon ice cream All.The.Time. Zucchini chips. Rainbows Jicama crisps. Cauliflower puree. Red cabbage sweet slaw. Oh, the list goes on...

scorbett1103 01-27-2013 09:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mompattie (Post 4609776)
The "I love your new hair cut" comments get old fast!! I went downtown on Friday to pick up tickets at a store. The lady whom I sorta know says, wow you look great!!! I said Thanks!!! She said "once you set your mind to it it's easy isn't it?" Grrrrr. I could have frickin smacked her!! I said, "well some days go pretty well, but it is a DAILY CONSCIOUS CHOICE AND IT IS CERTAINLY NOT EASY. Being fat is easy". You should have seen her face - 50 shades of red!! She won't say that stupid remark again!!

Best. Comeback. Ever.

:hug: :hug:

lisa32989 01-27-2013 10:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by onmyway1014 (Post 4609703)
Lisa - thank you for the muffin recipe - I can't wait to try them - I thought I read it makes 4 muffins. Don't laugh at me - but do you eat them all at once or how do you count them since its one IP packet? (I can hear you laughing and see the eyes rolling)

On a happy note for me: I ran into someone at the grocery store that I haven't seen since I started IP and she said I look great - not that my hair looks great. :) I guess at 60 lbs people can tell the difference is not my hair!

BTW- My hair is same as its always been - DH says maybe people keep commenting on the hair because now it lays closer /flatter because my face is not so round anymore. that's manspeak for a compliment I think.

:rofl:
Okay, here goes. :rolleyes:
It's one packet. It is one serving. Scarf away! :hun:
I spread them out over the morning, but I did that with my dark chocolate spinach smoothie

sahmmommy2 01-27-2013 10:10 PM

Seriously, ladies...too funny! At least we all know we're not alone with the "manspeak":D Panties on your head...:rofl:

I've been trying to catch up on everything and have decided I'm just sticking to this thread, what you're wearing/eating and the daily. There are too many other threads/drama out there to keep up with:dizzy: I don't want to comment on them and keep them on the first page. Guess I'm getting a little cranky in my old age:crazy:

LizRR 01-27-2013 10:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sahmmommy2 (Post 4609806)
Seriously, ladies...too funny! At least we all know we're not alone with the "manspeak":D Panties on your head...:rofl:

I've been trying to catch up on everything and have decided I'm just sticking to this thread, what you're wearing/eating and the daily. There are too many other threads/drama out there to keep up with:dizzy: I don't want to comment on them and keep them on the first page. Guess I'm getting a little cranky in my old age:crazy:

THIS x100000!!!! I am guilty of lurking on some random threads but make it a point to just leave them be.

lisa32989 01-27-2013 10:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sahmmommy2 (Post 4609806)

:high:
I had to go find the "high five" smilie for that one!
You should SEE how much I roll my eyes

IP43 01-27-2013 10:28 PM

I keep saying that too -- I'll just "pop in" and check out the 100% thread and see what's up...

... hours pass.. no work gets done...marking sits unmarked...

Oh well. Gotta "Prioritize" and these days I need to be getting my mind around my food. I love spending time with you guys WAY more than my dust bunnies! They can just sit where they are.... oh look, here comes one rolling by now...:flow2:

IP43 01-27-2013 10:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lisa32989 (Post 4609819)
:high:
I had to go find the "high five" smilie for that one!
You should SEE how much I roll my eyes

Can we count "eye rolling" as an exercise for myfitnesspal? How many calories do you think that is -- or are we just 'firmin up' our laugh lines?:D

lisa32989 01-27-2013 10:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by IP43 (Post 4609831)
Can we count "eye rolling" as an exercise for myfitnesspal? How many calories do you think that is -- or are we just 'firmin up' our laugh lines?:D

Today I need every exercise calorie I can get. Its been a tough one on my low back. I've been on ice a LOT today. I have a locked up SI joint & I ignored the home PT for far too long. I figure MAYBE if I stick with it diligently, my SI joint may get some movement by the time I'm at goal. It would help SO MUCH to relieve back pain!

IP43 01-27-2013 10:42 PM

Good Lord Lisa -- you are an :angel: to have to put up with all this CR@P! (okay, I agree that there is a wee bit o' the :devil: in ya too! hee hee)

I'm sending you some "healing thoughts" from Canada. Hope the ice helps and that your back is feelin' better soon. I won't ask ANYMORE questions tonight to help relieve some of the :dizzy: (or is it :rolleyes:?)