Old 11-14-2012, 09:59 PM   #46  
Diane on track July 2014

S/C/G: 230/221/180

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnP View Post
First off congrats for getting back on the program. That is the most important step....I'm pretty good on the physical side of weight loss but the psychological aspects are not something I'm adept at...
John -- your modesty was a pleasant surprise. You always express a strong opinion, but I'll appreciate it even more now that I know you're willing to admit when you don't feel confident in an answer

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaplods View Post
...You didn't poke out the eyes of a puppy. You got off track...that's just human nature....So do well when you can, and do as well as you can when you can't. If you can't put in 100%, then put in what you can, whether that's 99% or 2%.
Kaplod -- that response was wonderful but those first lines actually caused me to snort out loud -- were I drinking something, it would have been quite the mess!
I appreciate your 99%/2% comment. That will help me on a tough day when I know I can't give 100% -- but who couldn't give 2%? I always say to my students "Practice doesn't make perfect. You can practice 2+2=5 but it doesn't make it so. Practice makes permanent" If we can focus on getting on track and practicing those good habits -- whether it's just trying to get your water in for the day, or whatever -- eventually those routines will become permanent and it'll be easier and easier to get closer to the 100% day.

Nice to hear from you. Hope the book is going well

Last edited by IP43; 11-14-2012 at 10:00 PM.
IP43 is offline   Reply With Quote