Old 11-14-2012, 12:06 AM   #1  
Started IP 10/17/2012

S/C/G: 148/127.5/125

Height: 5'4"

Thumbs up Kudos

Kudos - I don't think that's a word I've ever used before. However, I just want to say it for all of you out there dieting and changing your health for the better. Not many people can do that, some will never even have the motivation to try, but everyone here who is actively working towards their goals or maintaining them you are an inspiration! I wanted to bring this up because I think it takes a special power from within for a person to be able to diet for health during the holidays. Most people choose to indulge during the next couple months and inevitably face their January resolutions to lose weight, exercise more, have better energy, etc etc.. But here you are doing those things right now! Because they matter now! Not just in January. I'm not trying to offend anyone who chooses to wait for the new year that is understandable, but I think everyone else deserves to give themselves a little pat on the back for taking action in the face of many obstacles. So kudos to you!
healthyequalshappy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 01:31 AM   #2  
Started IP 11/11/12

S/C/G: 201/189/135

Height: 5'3"

So true. I met with family last Friday to plan thanksgiving. When I informed them that I would be on a diet, they looked at me like I was crazy

I told them I realize it seems strange, but I'd rather not wait until January.

The same food will be there next year. We can do this
np2lose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 09:32 AM   #3  
Claim it ,Achieve it!

S/C/G: 212/104.2/120

Height: 5'2"

Your right ! It takes a lot to try to stay on program during the holidays.
Some people give off the vibe like your trying to ruin the holiday by being on a diet that you Really don't need to be on right now. And to be truthful I respond to guilt..must have been those early formative years of indoctrination.
Maybe it's a blessing in disguise I am scheduled to work even though there will be a Huge spread of everything I can't eat. Much easier to turn down food at work then food from family.
As much as we deny it when people try to feed us they are sharing/nurturing us.
Think of a mom who puts the baby to breast and it refuses to nurse ..she feels hurt and in a way like she is being rejected.
I'm working on acknowledging their kindness but sharing honestly how it could harm my progress .
Roo2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 09:46 AM   #4  

I have already spoken to my MIL to let her know that I will be bringing some of my own food. I don't expect/want others to eat differently but just to understand or know that I will be eating differently. Criticism will not be accepted
maezy1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 09:50 AM   #5  
Started IP 7/9/12

S/C/G: 224/135/133

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roo2 View Post
Your right ! It takes a lot to try to stay on program during the holidays.
Some people give off the vibe like your trying to ruin the holiday by being on a diet that you Really don't need to be on right now. And to be truthful I respond to guilt..must have been those early formative years of indoctrination.
Maybe it's a blessing in disguise I am scheduled to work even though there will be a Huge spread of everything I can't eat. Much easier to turn down food at work then food from family.
As much as we deny it when people try to feed us they are sharing/nurturing us.
Think of a mom who puts the baby to breast and it refuses to nurse ..she feels hurt and in a way like she is being rejected.
I'm working on acknowledging their kindness but sharing honestly how it could harm my progress .
You are so right about people giving the vibe that you are ruining the holidays. I get that at work also.

It's really dissapointing when family does that, because they should be supportive.
ragdoll74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 03:31 PM   #6  
Started IP 10/29/2013

S/C/G: 204.8/141.2/120

Height: 5'3"

I will be hosting both Thanksgiving & Christmas at our house this year and have already informed everyone that I will be eating with them just not exactly what they may be eating, I feel very lucky as my family is in FULL support of my lifestyle change and willing to help any way they can.
4Mom is offline   Reply With Quote