Old 11-02-2012, 02:55 PM   #1  

Question What would you do?

I have been on the Ideal Protein diet for over a month now and have lost 21 lbs. Now I have been told my my IP clinic that they are now offering their own version of the diet so they can offer it at a lower price. So upon further investigation I have found that these new products are simply Bariwise repackaged with their name on it. They are offering the boxes at $21 each and I can get the exact same thing from dietsdirect.com for $12. I am struggling with whether to keep going to just go it on my own. I know that I can do it without having to be accountable to someone. Are these Bariwise products the same as IP? Or if I were to do it on my own is their another brand that is better since I will not be able to continue on the IP which I liked. What would you do? Advice would be greatly appreciated.
sugar58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2012, 03:15 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 251.5/196.5/137.5

Quote:
Originally Posted by sugar58 View Post
I have been on the Ideal Protein diet for over a month now and have lost 21 lbs. Now I have been told my my IP clinic that they are now offering their own version of the diet so they can offer it at a lower price. So upon further investigation I have found that these new products are simply Bariwise repackaged with their name on it. They are offering the boxes at $21 each and I can get the exact same thing from dietsdirect.com for $12. I am struggling with whether to keep going to just go it on my own. I know that I can do it without having to be accountable to someone. Are these Bariwise products the same as IP? Or if I were to do it on my own is their another brand that is better since I will not be able to continue on the IP which I liked. What would you do? Advice would be greatly appreciated.
What do you need? Do you need to have access to a coach? Do you need the advice, weight ins? Do you need it to stay motivated and accountable?

I am 100% following the protocol but with alternative products. I'm having great success.

You need to answer these questions for you! I use bariwise, Proti-diet, wonderslim and atkins products

Good luck and keep at it. This really works!

Last edited by vvei; 11-02-2012 at 03:16 PM.
vvei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2012, 03:18 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 214/183/160

Height: 5'8"

I would stick with them if I were the type the needed a coach and the accountability of weighing in front of someone. For me, I started with an IP coach and switched to alternatives quickly after since I found this board. If you don't need the coach, go the cheaper route and come here.
Alma4343 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2012, 04:57 PM   #4  
Committed Member

S/C/G: 181/160/140

Height: 5'8"

How disappointing that your clinic switched protocols right in the middle of things! You DO have options, though; lots of good "alternative" advice here, if you choose that route, OR, you can order actual Ideal Protein products from Idealtogo.com. If the weekly check-ins are vital to your success, though, staying with the clinic (or finding another IP clinic nearby) might be a better option.

Whatever you choose, you WILL succeed, right?
GlacierGirl3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2012, 05:28 PM   #5  

I have decided that I am going to go the alternative route. After comparing several different labels and products I was able to pick a months worth of food for what 1 week cost me at my clinic. That makes me a little ill. But, I know I will still succeed without having someone to be accountable to well, besides myself. With all the wonderful information this board has to offer I am feeling quite optimistic. Thanks for all your input.
sugar58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2012, 05:57 PM   #6  
Began IP 3-29-2012

S/C/G: 470/316/220

Height: 6'00"

I would ask for my fee back (but would not expect to get it) if they switched on me. Do the alternatives, you will be fine.
usmcvet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2012, 08:04 PM   #7  
Embracing the suck

S/C/G: 300/234/abs

Height: 6'9"

Speaking nutrition only ... there is no difference between IP products and alternative products.

They don't have any special knowledge locally that you can't get on this forum and most likely you'll get better answers from this forum for any question you have.

The one thing you get is in person accountability and support - as others have mentioned. The only question is if you need it or not. If you do it is well worth paying for. If not you might as well toss your money into a volcano in my opinion.
JohnP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2012, 01:50 PM   #8  
Began IP 3-29-2012

S/C/G: 470/316/220

Height: 6'00"

We are happy to hold you accountable here too.?
usmcvet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2012, 05:17 PM   #9  
Started IP 3/26/12

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by sugar58 View Post
It really does depend on whether you need someone to help keep you accountable. I'd be kind of miffed though... If I'm understanding the situation right, you signed up under the IP 'umbrella'... paid the fees, etc., believing that you were going to be taking IP... and now it's not an option? Or is the clinic still offering IP, but also offering Bariwise as a lower priced alternative? If they've completely moved away from IP and you can't continue there with the products even if you wish to, I agree that I'd ask for my original consultation fees back.

As to going off on your own ... some of the posters from the 'Fabulous at Fifty+ thread' have recently agreed to monitor each other on MyFitnessPal (where they log in their food, etc on a daily basis). It helps them stay accountable. I'm sure you could request others do this for you, if you think it would help you stay more accountable than being totally on your own.
evepet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2012, 09:35 PM   #10  
Rejuvenated at 60

S/C/G: 185/155/145

Height: 5'5"

I would not stay with your clinic on their repackaged alternative products. I question their ethics. I compare it to stealing a patent. They apparently are discontinuing their franchise yet reaping benefits on the Ideal Protein name. Do not trust them.

I have only been on the program since October 4. I plan to stay with it until I reach my goal. I will most likely use alternative protein products while maintaining my weight. If that does not work, my clinic will allow me to return for coaching without an additional consultation fee.
whitehpe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2012, 11:01 PM   #11  

S/C/G: 224.4/219.0/150

Height: 5 ft 4

The clinic near me changed too, she said she lost too many clients because of the price. A box of IP is now 33$ here, 21 for alternative products. Once you have done ip for a while, and its hurts the bank account, its nice to know you can go a different way. Some of the products you can get online for 10$ a box but shipping and customs on some products, especially if your in canada works out to about the same 21$ I still like the ip vitamins the best though.
locks is offline   Reply With Quote