Closed Thread

Old 10-29-2012, 07:07 AM   #1  

Default IP Daily Chat Monday Oct 29, 2012

Welcome back to the Daily Chat thread - post your plans for today, share what's been happening, ask questions!

Some forum lingo:
NSV = Non-scale victory
TOM = time of the month
WI = Weigh-in
WF = Walden Farms
OP = on program

Bookmarking:
Ideal Protein Sub-forum Home page
Consider making it a bookmark or a favorite in your browser so you can come back easily to get your RDA of Ideal Protein information.
Ideal Protein Sub-forum Home Page
http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet-236/

Information for newbies:
Check the sticky page for lots of good information and please read before asking what might be a frequently asked question here in the daily thread: Information on Ideal Protein phases (1-4), recipes, newbie guide, FAQ, and other important threads. IP Ultimate List Recipes, FAQ, Newbie Guide, Exercise, and other Important Threads

Tickers and Signatures:
There are 2 requirements to have access to signatures and tickers. You must have been a member of 3fatchicks for 20 days AND posted at least 20 messages anywhere on the 3fatchicks forum. When you've met those requirements check The Ultimate Signature and Ticker Thread for more information and instructions.
the Ultimate One-Stop Signature and Ticker Thread - Read here if you have questions!

Quoting:
The best quoting tip - EVER!! Thanks Rosie, aka 6710.

Searching:
If you can't find what you're looking for in this forum using the website search function, try using the "double search" using Google.

1) Go to Google.com. Search 3fatchicks by using the term site:3fatchicks.com at the end of your Google search.

For example, if you want to look for "big mac in a bowl", type "big mac in a bowl site:3fatchicks.com" in Google search. No need to include the quotation marks when you type.

2) This will bring up the page that you are looking for, now hit Ctrl+F to search on that page. Type "big mac in a bowl" and all instances of that search term will be highlighted.

Progress photos:
have been moved to the Mini-Goal Photo Album.
http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/mini-goals-201/

Other helpful links related to the Ideal Protein diet:
Dr. Chanh Tran Tien's website
http://www.trantiendiet.com/site/spip.php?rubrique19
Old 10-29-2012, 08:30 AM   #2  

Height: 5'2 1/2

Anyone in the path of Sandy, please stay safe! I'm on of the luckily ones to get the day off from work.
Old 10-29-2012, 08:47 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 250/250/150

Height: 5'0"

Sitting tight waiting for Sandy (southcoast of MA)!! The kids and I are settled in, movies selected for the day (hoping to keep power). To everyone in Sandy's path, please keep safe.
Old 10-29-2012, 09:35 AM   #4  

Shout out to all in Sandy's path - STAY SAFE!!!!

And anyone see VET lately????
Old 10-29-2012, 09:49 AM   #5  
Sleeved in Mexico

S/C/G: 250 /170.4 /140

Height: 5'5

Good morning!

Working from home today due to Sandy. I'm in DC- so we're expected to get 6-10 inches of rain in the next few hours. Just made an IP omlette for the first time. Wasn't as bad as I imagined. It's day 3 for me, and after the demons in my head yesterday, I feel like I'm doing better so far--but it's just the beginning of the day.

Stay safe out there!
Old 10-29-2012, 09:56 AM   #6  

Height: 5'3"

Default 1st day!

Hello, I'm new on here and today is my first day of the program. I'm a little nervous, but very hopeful! I have been reading a lot of post on this Program and I am so encouraged and know that I will be in good company. Just thought I would post something, thinking that maybe writing on here will also help me stay on focused.

I went though everything last night and even set-up all of my supplements in a pill box for the entire week. Any other suggestions would be appreciated.

Hope everyone has a wonderful day!
Old 10-29-2012, 10:06 AM   #7  
started IP 10/22/12

S/C/G: 185/143/120

Height: 5'4"

I'm sitting here waiting for Sandy too. I'm 45 minutes west of Baltimore, 45 minutes north of DC. We have a huge stream through our yard and I wasn't worried about it until today. Things could get a bit wet here. My clinic closed for the storm and today was my weigh in day. I have 6 packets of food left.
I am a bit miffed because it isn't bad here yet. Our bad days are going to be tomorrow and Wednesday. I wish they would have stayed open til noon today. I am sure I am not the only client runnig low. Oh well I am being selfish. I don't want to go off plan just because of a storm.

Old 10-29-2012, 10:07 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 151/133/120

Height: 5'1"

drAK - Good luck on your first day. I have completed 7 weeks and am very excited with my results. Being prepared is key. On Sundays I get my purees ready for the week, I made my IP crock pot soup, and packed my breakfast and lunch packets that I will need for the week at work. Also got my herbal tea bags and vitamins packed.

I now have to go to the grocery store at least twice during the week to restock my veggie supplies.

Hope everyone has a successful weekend. I woke up in a very good mood today...strange for a Monday. Ready to get this week going and get to my weight in on Thursday

If your in the path of the storm you are in my prayers.

Kim
Old 10-29-2012, 10:08 AM   #9  

S/C/G: 274/?/175

Height: 5'8

Morning, Ipeeps!! Hope you're all having a good day and those on the east coast are safe from Sandy. My family is in Connecticut so I'll be checking in with them for as long as they have power!

I brought in some candy for the kids trick or treating event at work today and it's safely tucked away in a drawer... away from me. As long as I don't have "just a bite" I'll be safe!! I lost 3.8 pounds last week so I'm motivated to keep the momentum!

Quote:
Originally Posted by drAK View Post
Hello, I'm new on here and today is my first day of the program. I'm a little nervous, but very hopeful! I have been reading a lot of post on this Program and I am so encouraged and know that I will be in good company. Just thought I would post something, thinking that maybe writing on here will also help me stay on focused.

I went though everything last night and even set-up all of my supplements in a pill box for the entire week. Any other suggestions would be appreciated.

Welcome! I do the pill box thing too otherwise I'll forget all my supplements. My BIG suggestion is to stay hydrated and drink a lot of water, that makes a HUGE difference to me- and I've always been a big water drinker, but now I am even more so.

The first few days can be crummy but some people don't have symptoms at all. Even if you do, keep in mind that within a few days you'll be feeling good!
Old 10-29-2012, 10:11 AM   #10  
started IP 10/22/12

S/C/G: 185/143/120

Height: 5'4"

Quote:

Hello !
I just started last week. Getting your supplies in order and in one place will help a lot. The one thing I had trouble with was remembering the salt. I have a glass I like to drink out of when I eat my meals. So I put the salt jar in the glass to remind me to use it. I have my supplements in cute little pill boxes. one for each day. that goes in my glass too. It wouldn't be so hard if I had any brain cells left. I think all my brain cells were crowded out by fat cells.

Last edited by alittlelessme; 10-29-2012 at 10:50 AM.
Old 10-29-2012, 10:13 AM   #11  

Hello all!! I have just restarted Ideal Protein this morning and I remembered how much the forum helped me stay motivated when I did IP last time, so here I am again. I have forgotten my password to my previous account, and have requested it be sent to e-mail a few times, but it never came through, so I just made a new account. Not sure if there is anyone on here from when I was on before in 2010, but my previous name was ShrinkingSusie.

Looking forward to getting to know all of you, trying to remember how to use the forum, and losing weight!!!!!

Have a great Monday!
Old 10-29-2012, 10:16 AM   #12  
~Tara~

S/C/G: 258/ticker/135

Height: 5' 2"

Quote:
I find it very helpful to plan out my dinners a few days in advance- or at least make sure that I have the proper ingredients on hand for a few different meals, so that I don't have to panic when dinner time rolls around. I was never much of a meal planner, so this is a new skill for me. Good luck! The first few days can be rough, but if I can get through then, then ANYONE can!

Hunkered down, waiting for Frankenstorm aka Sandypocalypse. My husband and I were both told to work from home, and my son's school is closed. I expect we are all going to be housebound until Thursday. I won't mind if we lose power, as long as there is no property damage, I will be happy.

One way or the other, we had better have Halloween, because I have a huge rubbermaid tub full of chocolate. Someone has to eat it and it's not going to be me!!

Last edited by GoalFor40; 10-29-2012 at 10:17 AM.
Old 10-29-2012, 10:17 AM   #13  

S/C/G: 149/131/130

Height: 5'3"

Quote:

Welcome. I was very nervous to start but I was blessed because my husband started a month and a half before me so I just followed what he did until I felt comfortable. I would tell you to look at the recipe threads on this forum and search for IP recipes on the Internet for interesting ways to use your packets. My favorite is chocolate cookies made from the drink mix. It is unrestricted.

I also use My Fitness Pal to track my food.
Old 10-29-2012, 10:33 AM   #14  
Reboot 9/2014

S/C/G: 198.6/173/165

Height: 5' 8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by kileymed13 View Post
Sitting tight waiting for Sandy (southcoast of MA)!! The kids and I are settled in, movies selected for the day (hoping to keep power). To everyone in Sandy's path, please keep safe.
Where in Southcoast are you? I'm in New Bedford, thankfully far enough away from the hurricane barriers that the wind will be the worst of our problems. We've got everything charged up, fresh batteries in the portable DVD player, and I cooked a bunch of chicken and hard boiled eggs last night in case we need protein for meals with no stove Stay safe!

Quote:

I use a pill organizer too! Mine has little pop-out things for each day with 4 compartments (I take synthroid for my thyroid, biotin and fish oil pills on top of the IP supplements, lots to keep track of!). I seriously would lose my mind without it

In the beginning the BEST thing I did was plan my whole week ahead. I set up ziploc baggies for each day of the week and the first month on the program I set up my entire week on Sunday - one restricted and two unrestricteds in each baggie. That way I just had to grab my baggie for that day and go! It helped get my brain in the habit of what I needed to eat each day.
Old 10-29-2012, 10:42 AM   #15  

Height: 5'2 1/2

Quote:
Originally Posted by scorbett1103 View Post
Where in Southcoast are you? I'm in New Bedford, thankfully far enough away from the hurricane barriers that the wind will be the worst of our problems.
Hey! No way!!! I'm originally from NB. My parents live on the other side of the barricade and were told to evacuate but they never do. Actually most people on the other side of the wall don't leave. They should be closing the gates by now. I've heard that some parts of Acushnet and Freetown have lost power already. Safe stay!

This map is pretty handy.

http://outagemap.nstar.com/outage/OutageMap.aspx
Closed Thread