Closed Thread

Old 10-29-2012, 10:43 AM   #16  
Started IP April 27, 2011

S/C/G: 408//199/199

Height: 5'8

Sending thoughts and prayers for all of our East coast Ipeeps!...stay safe, its the most important thing right now!!!
Old 10-29-2012, 10:48 AM   #17  
Started IP 9/19/12

S/C/G: IP 256/231/210

Height: 5'11"

Hope everyone in the eastern part of the U.S. stays warm and safe today. Sending our prayers.

Old 10-29-2012, 10:51 AM   #18  
Reboot 9/2014

S/C/G: 198.6/173/165

Height: 5' 8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by IntheEvening View Post
Hey! No way!!! I'm originally from NB. My parents live on the other side of the barricade and were told to evacuate but they never do. Actually most people on the other side of the wall don't leave. They should be closing the gates by now. I've heard that some parts of Acushnet and Freetown have lost power already. Safe stay!

This map is pretty handy.

http://outagemap.nstar.com/outage/OutageMap.aspx
Nice! My husband is originally from NB and we moved here six years ago. I think they closed the barriers last night mostly because the combination of high tide and full moon had them a little worried. We are further up the hill so we're out of the major water danger.
Old 10-29-2012, 10:51 AM   #19  

S/C/G: 251.5/196.5/137.5

Quote:
Originally Posted by drAK View Post
Hello, I'm new on here and today is my first day of the program. I'm a little nervous, but very hopeful! I have been reading a lot of post on this Program and I am so encouraged and know that I will be in good company. Just thought I would post something, thinking that maybe writing on here will also help me stay on focused.

I went though everything last night and even set-up all of my supplements in a pill box for the entire week. Any other suggestions would be appreciated.

Hope everyone has a wonderful day!
Congratulation on your new adventure! And welcome!

My little tip to get through the week, learn to make a vinagrette/salad dressing that is IP approved. (Google salad dressing ideal protein)

And DON'T CHEAT!
Old 10-29-2012, 10:52 AM   #20  

S/C/G: 210/145/145

Height: 5'4"

Good Day!

Best wishes to all of you facing the storms today and for the week! We have planned for the storms we might get here on the prairies this year. It will be the first year with a back up generator. When we bought our house it was already wired for generator use. Even though it was one of the things we liked about the house, it still took 4 years to buy a generator and make sure it worked. We always keep extra food and water also. So our hearts and prayers are with you.

Halloween in going to be different this year. We usually have family over and have asian food and eat chocolate. We are still having family over and now I have to come up with something interesting to eat. I am thinking steak, rutabaga fries and salad. My DS has invited his girlfriend also. I get so nervous cooking for people.
Old 10-29-2012, 11:19 AM   #21  

S/C/G: 235/186/150

Height: 5' 5"

Good morning everyone! I am back from vacation and jumped right back on plan this morning. I do think I will probably have a few days of carb and sugar hangover/flu. We sampled a lot of everything on the cruise and I did notice that within a few days I was craving carbs and sugars again. I would do okay during the day, but the evenings and nights were the worst. Ironically, my husband and I both said yesterday that one of the biggest things we were looking forward to about being back home was getting back on track and eating good again. I think we enjoyed trying some new foods on the ship and the five star dining in the evenings, but I am so bloated it is not even funny. I can tell I was getting dehydrated and tried to suck down the water, but I know I was not getting enough. So back to 100% OP this morning.

Hope everyone on the coast is safe today and has a great OP day.
Old 10-29-2012, 11:20 AM   #22  

S/C/G: 214/211/150

Height: 5'5"

Hello IPeeps,

We are as prepared as we can be, we have no alternative heating source, so I am hoping the temps stay high enough that we don't freeze. We converted our fireplace to gas. My sister lives on top of a hill with a back up heat source, so we could go there. People who are told to evacuate and don't are just plain stupid. sorry if that is harsh, but they put rescue workers at risk! So, if you are told to evacuate, do it! The area I live in is at risk for wind and flooding, I set high enough that we didn't flood last year, but some people are still not recovered from that. Hopefully Sandy will turn out to sea. Stay safe. I am burning up the computer in case I don't have power for awhile. lol.
Old 10-29-2012, 11:40 AM   #23  

S/C/G: 250/250/150

Height: 5'0"

Quote:
Originally Posted by scorbett1103 View Post
Where in Southcoast are you? I'm in New Bedford, thankfully far enough away from the hurricane barriers that the wind will be the worst of our problems. We've got everything charged up, fresh batteries in the portable DVD player, and I cooked a bunch of chicken and hard boiled eggs last night in case we need protein for meals with no stove Stay safe!
I am right in Dartmouth, today I am glad I am not near the water!

I just cooked a few meals worth of protein and have enough packets and EAS RTD. Ready for Sandy, so far not too bad.
Old 10-29-2012, 11:42 AM   #24  

S/C/G: H 225/ S 205/ C 197.5/ TBD

Height: 5'7"

Quote:
Originally Posted by alittlelessme View Post
I think all my brain cells were crowded out by fat cells.
So that's what happened to my brain!

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoalFor40 View Post
One way or the other, we had better have Halloween, because I have a huge rubbermaid tub full of chocolate. Someone has to eat it and it's not going to be me!!
I was worried we would get snow for halloween here in Idaho, but the forcast today looked good! Yay! Cause I'm not eating all that candy!

My prayers are with all of you that are in the path of Sandy. Stay safe!

So today is my first day back on plan. I spent the weekend getting everything planed and preped for the week. I got a surprise this morning at WI. I didn't slide back as much as I thought I did Now I'm ready to kick this fat out of my life for good!
Old 10-29-2012, 11:50 AM   #25  
Reboot 9/2014

S/C/G: 198.6/173/165

Height: 5' 8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by kileymed13 View Post
I am right in Dartmouth, today I am glad I am not near the water!

I just cooked a few meals worth of protein and have enough packets and EAS RTD. Ready for Sandy, so far not too bad.
Nice! We should do a local 3FC meetup I heard they already recommended evacuation out by Padanaram! Its hard to believe that the storm is still a few hundred miles away and it's already affecting us - one of my friends lives near Heritage Park in FR and two hours ago it was almost starting to flood!
Old 10-29-2012, 11:54 AM   #26  
Started IP April 27, 2011

S/C/G: 408//199/199

Height: 5'8

Quote:
Originally Posted by scorbett1103 View Post
Nice! We should do a local 3FC meetup I heard they already recommended evacuation out by Padanaram! Its hard to believe that the storm is still a few hundred miles away and it's already affecting us - one of my friends lives near Heritage Park in FR and two hours ago it was almost starting to flood!
When its a big storm like this one is the outter bands are just as bad if not sometimes worse than the actual storm itself. Y'all should do a 3FC meet up that would be fun!!
Old 10-29-2012, 11:57 AM   #27  
IP Round #3: 11/14/2023

S/C/G: 210/184/145

Height: 5'5"/49yo

Stay safe East Coast IPeeps! And a Happy Halloween to the little ones! If you see this Superman at your door Do Not give extra candy! Momma willpower is still being flexed!

Old 10-29-2012, 11:58 AM   #28  
Started IP 7/9/12

S/C/G: 224/135/133

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by drAK View Post
Hello, I'm new on here and today is my first day of the program. I'm a little nervous, but very hopeful! I have been reading a lot of post on this Program and I am so encouraged and know that I will be in good company. Just thought I would post something, thinking that maybe writing on here will also help me stay on focused.

I went though everything last night and even set-up all of my supplements in a pill box for the entire week. Any other suggestions would be appreciated.

Hope everyone has a wonderful day!
Welcome! Sounds like you are off to a good start.

Make sure you get the oil allowance for the day. Some people stall if they aren't getting their oil in everyday.

Also, don't cheat! In the stickies there is a link to a thread called the real costs of cheating on IP.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MommaHen View Post
Good morning everyone! I am back from vacation and jumped right back on plan this morning. I do think I will probably have a few days of carb and sugar hangover/flu. We sampled a lot of everything on the cruise and I did notice that within a few days I was craving carbs and sugars again. I would do okay during the day, but the evenings and nights were the worst. Ironically, my husband and I both said yesterday that one of the biggest things we were looking forward to about being back home was getting back on track and eating good again. I think we enjoyed trying some new foods on the ship and the five star dining in the evenings, but I am so bloated it is not even funny. I can tell I was getting dehydrated and tried to suck down the water, but I know I was not getting enough. So back to 100% OP this morning.

Hope everyone on the coast is safe today and has a great OP day.
Welcome back! I hope you have a great OP day.

I hope everyone on the east coast stays safe through the storm.
Old 10-29-2012, 12:26 PM   #29  

Had a great weekend with a NSV - new shoes in a half size smaller! Didn't expect that one so early in the game.
All of my family is in Connecticut/Mass area and I'm so worried about them. I was there last year when the snowstorm hit and they lost electricity for 2 weeks.
Old 10-29-2012, 12:45 PM   #30  

Stay safe east coasters! I'm from New Orleans, so I know the drill and definitely know how this feels! You are all in my thoughts and prayers!
Closed Thread