Closed Thread

Old 10-29-2012, 02:43 PM   #46  

S/C/G: 250/250/150

Height: 5'0"

Quote:
Originally Posted by scorbett1103 View Post
Nice! We should do a local 3FC meetup I heard they already recommended evacuation out by Padanaram! Its hard to believe that the storm is still a few hundred miles away and it's already affecting us - one of my friends lives near Heritage Park in FR and two hours ago it was almost starting to flood!
It is really picking up now. Still have power (fingers crossed it stays this way).

I would love to do a local 3FC meetup!!! I wonder how many other southcoast peeps are out there?
Old 10-29-2012, 02:45 PM   #47  
Porthardygurl

S/C/G: 315/see ticker/180

Height: 6ft

Thanks HGAMROTH...

Wow..all this storm talk is crazyness..Dont know if anyone heard..but over here in Canada..located in BC..not far from where i live..there was a 7.7 earthquake that hit..and then there was another 5.8 and 4.6 and then another big one again plus many aftershocks...Its the biggest quake to hit near by since 1949...We were under emergency evacuation because we were under a tsunami warning...Half the town was evacuated because they live near the water...Odd thing is..Last year i had a dream that a disaster was going to happen and we were going to have to evacuate our house..so i told my hubby (in life) that we needed to move to higher ground..So we ended up buying the trailer that we are in now, last Christmas...and sure enough..people were being evacuated but my family did not have to move..because we bought are trailer on the highest point in town...A tsunami would never touch us...So it was crazy to see that..Turns out we did have a "wave" if you could call it that..it was only 1foot..... but i guess better safe than sorry.

So stay safe everyone! Praying for yalls!
Old 10-29-2012, 03:12 PM   #48  

S/C/G: H 225/ S 205/ C 197.5/ TBD

Height: 5'7"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Porthardygurl View Post
Goood Morning All... Im BAAAAAAAAAAAAACK...again!

Well..the last time i was on here.. i thought i was pregnant..turns out it wasnt the case..i got depressed from not being pregnant...then my hubby and i decided to TTC...and now we are taking a break and im back to work on losing weight because somehow i just realized now, that getting pregnant and carrying a baby at 289 pounds is probably really hard and not healthy by far...so i hope to lose some weight and then give TTC another try...

My previous time on here i lost 40 pounds and i was so proud..but i was unhappy that nobody really noticed..Now i am here because i need to do this for my health..not because of what other people notice or dont notice..so cheers to healthy bodies and happy people!

So I've started Day 1 and its going smoothly so far..Im just trying to look at my goal and say "lets get through 10 pounds!" and then lets set another goal..mini goals i believe they are called..

Anyone else day 1??
I'm day 1 again too. I'm also doing mini goals of 10 lbs Small Bites
Old 10-29-2012, 03:22 PM   #49  

S/C/G: 205/182 start IP/170/125

Height: 5'1"

Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nikki2476 View Post
Starting on day #3 today, but the first day at work OP. I have everything packed up in my little lunch bag though. Tried a few of the WF products. The caramel syrup is really tasty in my choc. smoothie in the morning. The dressing..not so good. Any recommendations on ways to improve them? I have the asian dressing w ginger. It has a horrible aftertaste.

drAk--good luck on your first day!!

Everyone on the east coast, stay safe!!!

Hope everyone has a great day!

Nikki
I don't really care for the salad dressings myself, but I can do the bacon and the zesty italian. also, the WF chocolate is good if you are craving something kinda sweet. I am trying to figure out how to make graham wafers with the cinnamon/apple soy puffs and put a spread of the WF mallow and chocolate on it

Good luck!
Old 10-29-2012, 03:33 PM   #50  

S/C/G: 251.5/196.5/137.5

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2sweet4u View Post
I don't really care for the salad dressings myself, but I can do the bacon and the zesty italian. also, the WF chocolate is good if you are craving something kinda sweet. I am trying to figure out how to make graham wafers with the cinnamon/apple soy puffs and put a spread of the WF mallow and chocolate on it

Good luck!
Only from scratch for me. There are plenty of super recipe for dressings without killing your tastebuds!

Here is an easy one (easily doubled/tripled):

Oriental dressing (can be used as a marinade)
1/8 cup olive oil
1/3 cup apple cider vinegar
1/3 cup Soy sauce
2 tbsp Dijon or hot mustard
1 tbsp garlic
1 tbsp ginger

Blend on high

Last edited by vvei; 10-29-2012 at 03:33 PM.
Old 10-29-2012, 03:50 PM   #51  
Started IP 9/25

S/C/G: 190/173.2/145

Height: 5'4"

I was down 1.8 at my weigh in today but I feel like I've lost more than that. It is my TOM so that probably accounts for some. I had to snag a belt from my husband this weekend because I don't even own one and my favorite jeans kept falling down! Yay for NSV's!

I learned a nice lesson, if you're in a hurry in the morning and have to wait to make your shake at work...don't take the vitamins until then either....got sick on my way TO work this morning. Not a good way to start my Monday morning!
Old 10-29-2012, 03:51 PM   #52  
Feed Your Freedom

S/C/G: 399.8/362.0/224

Height: 5'8

Quote:
Originally Posted by GemIAm View Post
My parents are right in Sandy's path (NJ) & my older brother is in Northern VA. Prayers and good wishes for EVERYONE'S safety during the storm.

We held our last party in our home before putting it on the market. I created "steampunk" costumes for my DH & I (see attachment). I made the choice to be more lenient with eating and drinking this weekend - and immediately noticed bloating & joint aches. Back to 100% until goal!

Happy Monday!
gem.....did you get your hair cut!! i LOVE YOUR NEW AVATAR!!! omg you are ADORABLE and soo pretty!! love the halloween costume too!! woot woot!!
Old 10-29-2012, 03:52 PM   #53  
IP Start 9/5/12

S/C/G: 195/167/150

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Goood Morning All... Im BAAAAAAAAAAAAACK...again!

Well..the last time i was on here.. i thought i was pregnant..turns out it wasnt the case..i got depressed from not being pregnant...then my hubby and i decided to TTC...and now we are taking a break and im back to work on losing weight because somehow i just realized now, that getting pregnant and carrying a baby at 289 pounds is probably really hard and not healthy by far...so i hope to lose some weight and then give TTC another try...

My previous time on here i lost 40 pounds and i was so proud..but i was unhappy that nobody really noticed..Now i am here because i need to do this for my health..not because of what other people notice or dont notice..so cheers to healthy bodies and happy people!

So I've started Day 1 and its going smoothly so far..Im just trying to look at my goal and say "lets get through 10 pounds!" and then lets set another goal..mini goals i believe they are called..

Anyone else day 1??
Good for You, Girl!!
Sounds like you are doing it for the right reasons this time - I wish you much success!!
Old 10-29-2012, 03:57 PM   #54  

Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by alittlelessme View Post
Thanks. I will not let this happen again. I have no idea why my clinic closed this morning. It wasn't bad then. I am going to insist she sell me more than 4 boxes this time. I am going to stock up. We have bad snowstorms too.
Wow, really? only 4 boxes at a time? huh...my DH wishes they would limit me /grins hopefully they will think about that after seeing this storm. sorry
Old 10-29-2012, 04:07 PM   #55  
8/23/12 - 1/6/13

S/C/G: 170/140/135

Height: 5' 5"

Quote:
Thanks. I will not let this happen again. I have no idea why my clinic closed this morning. It wasn't bad then. I am going to insist she sell me more than 4 boxes this time. I am going to stock up. We have bad snowstorms too.
You can't swing a cat around Northern Virginia without hitting at least 10 chiropractors selling IP. The clinic I go to is just for IP and they have a ton of all kinds of products- IP, every flavor of WF, and a ton of other 0/0/0 items. Don't know where you live, but I would check out their competition if I were you.

I should add that they charge the same as the online site (plain protein?) so it is nice to have the convenience and selection.

Last edited by Fishette; 10-29-2012 at 04:10 PM.
Old 10-29-2012, 04:08 PM   #56  

Quote:
If your clinic won't sell them to you, go to plainprotein.com or dietnomoreonline.com to get real IP products

Quote:
I've lost 33 and nobody has really noticed. Once I posted pics on 3FC, EVERYONE said something (thanks guys!) but I have to say, the more you have to lose, the more it takes before people notice. I decided when I started that I wasn't even telling people at work. Most of them aren't very nice anyway and rarely inquire about my life. (Everyone LOVES to talk about themselves, don't they?) So, it really doesn't matter if others notice. I know. And I'm the one that all of it matters for.
Old 10-29-2012, 04:23 PM   #57  

S/C/G: 206/190/155

Height: 5'9

Default 40 pounds to go

After reading posts on here this morning, I am greatly encouraged and motivated once again. Thanks all for posting! I KNOW this plan works because I've done it two years ago, and I just got to keep telling myself I CAN do it again. My depression has gotten in the way and I've been a rollercoaster ride but am determined to DO it this time. All those in the storm's path...my prayers are with you, stay SAFE!
Old 10-29-2012, 04:32 PM   #58  

Cool Cheesecake

Looking for the cheesecake pudding. Is it IP or another brand? And if another, where did you guys get it? online, I hope
Old 10-29-2012, 04:35 PM   #59  

S/C/G: 210/145/145

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by lisa32989 View Post
If your clinic won't sell them to you, go to plainprotein.com or dietnomoreonline.com to get real IP products

I've lost 33 and nobody has really noticed. Once I posted pics on 3FC, EVERYONE said something (thanks guys!) but I have to say, the more you have to lose, the more it takes before people notice. I decided when I started that I wasn't even telling people at work. Most of them aren't very nice anyway and rarely inquire about my life. (Everyone LOVES to talk about themselves, don't they?) So, it really doesn't matter if others notice. I know. And I'm the one that all of it matters for.
I have lost 38+lbs and most people don't notice. I don't advertise that I eat any differently or that I am avoiding drinks. I actually pretend I consider the other food before I make my choice. I also had the sizes in my closet so I never wore baggy clothes. The only thing I don't get away with is my leather coat. It is too big but I won't replace it till I find gently used or I am done being shrunk.
Old 10-29-2012, 04:36 PM   #60  
Third time's the charm!

S/C/G: 254.8/Ticker/145

Height: 5'5"

Yay, I got my old account back!! First day back on protocol and feeling great! I did IP in 2010, lost 53lbs, and have SEVERLY fallen off track but I am here to do it again, and do it right this time by phasing out properly!! One day at a time!!
Closed Thread