Closed Thread

Old 12-20-2012, 12:56 PM   #511  
it's my time to shine!

S/C/G: 240/150/145

Height: 5'4

Quote:
Originally Posted by capricious View Post
Enjoy the sun for me Mom2cs!! It is freezing freaking cold here right now
Day 10. Feeling lighter today. Not sure what my weight is because I only weigh the one time per week that I go into the clinic. Signed up for BCT (body composition test) at the clinic and my lean body mass measured 3 pounds more than six weeks ago. Head scratcher for me not quite sure how that happened...
Exercise really does help with weight maintenance. I may bounce more than I'd like but a good portion of that seems to be water retention.
I think it's great Mom3 that you've managed to maintain for so long and have developed comfort in your spot!
Patns- I'm looking forward to a glass of wine when I'm through the phased again.
At this point though I am very happy to be doing what I'm doing.

I will be a bit more happy at 140-145 BUT with not being happy with myself for my whole life, I am not beating myself up over a few pounds... I have come a long way and I am HAPPY! Was out of town a few weekends ago and I am a size 6 and the jeans I bought were a 27 waist. Those are numbers I can live with for the rest of my life.
Old 12-20-2012, 11:46 PM   #512  

S/C/G: 187/?/145

Height: 5'8"

Day 11. Had a really busy day today finishing up last minute Christmas prep. I've been making 'gifts in a jar'- essentially the dry mix for cookies/ soups/ nuts. It is hard to resist taste testing because it makes me uncomfortable giving away something that may or may not be any good. But my kids & hubby were more than willing to help out on that count
Old 12-21-2012, 01:46 PM   #513  
reboot 10/14/2014

S/C/G: 162.7/149.2/125

Height: 5'2"

Quote:
Day 11. Had a really busy day today finishing up last minute Christmas prep. I've been making 'gifts in a jar'- essentially the dry mix for cookies/ soups/ nuts. It is hard to resist taste testing because it makes me uncomfortable giving away something that may or may not be any good. But my kids & hubby were more than willing to help out on that count
I made cookies in a jar too!!! I gave a few to my friends to try before giving them to my family. I know they would be honest and let me know if they were ok.

I am on day 18 og phase 1. Feeling pretty good. I am down 6 lbs from thanksgiving which makes me very happy. I have been pretty good with all the treats that co-workers have left on my desk... tried bites of everything and said thank you but gave the rest away.

Last night I didn't stay OP and had sushi at our work dinner. I didn't go too over board and I stayed away from beer / wine.

Back on track today and will be phase 1 until X-Mas day

Hope you are all having a great Friday! The weather here in RI is nasty!
Old 12-21-2012, 02:11 PM   #514  

S/C/G: 234/231/180

Height: 5' 8"

Hi Ladies! Well, I'm on day 6 of my second mini reboot. I'm going off for xmas and new years and then will get back on until my March trip to Ireland when I WILL get to goal!!! The ironically sad part of all this is I've been able to successfully maintain this higher weight for a while...SO, the good news is I feel confident when I get back down to goal I'll be able to maintain it.

My DH made a chicken cacciatore (with pork)..I'm not a big pork fan so I'm going to cook up some tofu and have Tofu cacciatore... I'm fairly confident everything he told me is in it is 100%...

I'm still 15 #s over today, but again, my goal is to be at goal by March 6 and I really feel I'll be there!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Good to keep seeing so many familiar faces on here!!!

And in CT the sun has come out!!! The angels are smiling on us!
Old 12-22-2012, 12:55 PM   #515  

Day 13. Glad to see there's a little bit of company in here . I'm excited that I only have one more day until I've completed two weeks! There will be challenges galore next week as I will be traveling and eating Christmas meals at other people's homes. It is also my anniversary on the 30th and my husband announced he wants to host a New Year's Party. Gotta say I have my doubts about the 'fun' quotient when I have to stay up late in my own home with a bunch of people who are sure to be quite a bit 'cheerier' than me. Ahh well. One step at a time. I'm planning on bringing only ready to eat items to help with convenience while traveling. Stick to the proteins OP veggies etc.
Old 12-22-2012, 02:03 PM   #516  

S/C/G: 145/124.8/120

Height: 5'2.5"

Quote:
Day 13. Glad to see there's a little bit of company in here . I'm excited that I only have one more day until I've completed two weeks! There will be challenges galore next week as I will be traveling and eating Christmas meals at other people's homes. It is also my anniversary on the 30th and my husband announced he wants to host a New Year's Party. Gotta say I have my doubts about the 'fun' quotient when I have to stay up late in my own home with a bunch of people who are sure to be quite a bit 'cheerier' than me. Ahh well. One step at a time. I'm planning on bringing only ready to eat items to help with convenience while traveling. Stick to the proteins OP veggies etc.
Cap, you are doing GREAT! Way to work it through the holidays!
Old 12-23-2012, 06:05 PM   #517  

Day 14. The past couple of days have been the toughest and I've been having extra protein to accommodate. I think it has to do with lack of sleep and the increase in stress as Christmas loom which has brought on the beginnings of a cold in the form of a sore throat. But more the former as I always have a harder time when I'm tired. Need the extra energy from food just to keep going which is much less pronounced when I'm getting enough shut eye. But went to a Christmas party last night and stuck to protein even in the face of a veritable smorgasbord of food. So I'll take it as a win if I manage to maintain this week. Tomorrow is WI. I am committed to not gaining this holiday season and enjoying peace of mind in the New Year from knowing I kept myself in check. One more week and I know it will get easier. Just have to keep on going.
Thanks Loco for the support . And Sarabean good for you for keeping yourself in check. I really believe maintenance isn't about always seeing the same number on the scale but in showing a willingness to scale back again when it's warranted. Sort of like being on a teeter totter rather than a roller coaster
Old 12-23-2012, 11:16 PM   #518  

S/C/G: 204/143/135

Height: 5' 1"

Cap I hope you start to feel better. I have been so sick with that "starts with a sore throat"stuff. I developed into a very bad sinus infectin and cold, then went on to a chest cold. It has been three weeks. By Thursday last week I had totally lost my voice but my doctor was able to prescibe something that seems to be fighting it. I hope you are better in time for Christmas.

Pat
Old 12-23-2012, 11:42 PM   #519  
Super Moderator

S/C/G: 239/173/165

Height: 5'9"

Quote:
Originally Posted by darbs7 View Post
STARTING A NEW THREAD...the other was full
And in only three months, this one is filled (500 posts). Time to start a new thread.
Closed Thread