Closed Thread

Old 12-18-2012, 11:40 AM   #496  

S/C/G: 145/124.8/120

Height: 5'2.5"

Tracy, I so could have written your post!
Old 12-18-2012, 12:12 PM   #497  

S/C/G: 218.7/212.6/165

Height: 5' 6"

Lunch !!!!!!!
Old 12-18-2012, 01:06 PM   #498  
it's my time to shine!

S/C/G: 240/150/145

Height: 5'4

Quote:
Originally Posted by patns View Post
The problem is when this is the second year of doing this for the holidays.

The fact with me is I CAN'T have those things ever again in any quantity. I am really trying to limit the treats this Christmas but have been having some things. What I found last year was it was so difficult serving so many things to people that I had not been able to taste test. I was always afraid that something was wrong with them. So this year I am tasting everything I make and that adds to another taste and so on. It adds up incredibly fast.
My problem is not the actual holiday at home. It is the huge number of work related events before hand.
Anyway, it is a matter to get through this time and do full fledged phase 1 as soon as I can.
But Christmas two years in a row totally on phase 1 is tough and I have made a conscious decision not to do it this year.
Pat
I agree that is why I am cutting myself some slack... okay, a lot of slack!

I will get back on the healthier train in the New Year and for now, I'm going to enjoy myself food, goodies, wine and all.
Old 12-18-2012, 03:01 PM   #499  

S/C/G: 187/?/145

Height: 5'8"

Day 9. Went to the gym to meet with my trainer and was stood up. A lady in the locker room overheard me leaving a VM for the trainer and asked which one it was. I told her and she said that a couple of her friends go to the same lady and she's not going to be available until the New Year because of health issues. I feel for my trainer especially considering the season... And it really does work out for me because I really wanted to give Phase 1 some time to work it's magic, which it doesn't tend to do as well for me when I'm exercising. Too, I'm concerned about overdoing it again and running into more problems with my legs. Sent a prayer up for my trainer.
Old 12-18-2012, 06:50 PM   #500  

S/C/G: 234/231/180

Height: 5' 8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by capricious View Post
Day 9. Went to the gym to meet with my trainer and was stood up. A lady in the locker room overheard me leaving a VM for the trainer and asked which one it was. I told her and she said that a couple of her friends go to the same lady and she's not going to be available until the New Year because of health issues. I feel for my trainer especially considering the season... And it really does work out for me because I really wanted to give Phase 1 some time to work it's magic, which it doesn't tend to do as well for me when I'm exercising. Too, I'm concerned about overdoing it again and running into more problems with my legs. Sent a prayer up for my trainer.
Hi Cap, So sorry to hear about your trainer. Hopefully she will bounce back and get healthy soon.

Maggie
Old 12-19-2012, 01:17 PM   #501  

S/C/G: 212/196/160

Height: 5'7"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mom3LoveBugs View Post
I agree that is why I am cutting myself some slack... okay, a lot of slack!

I will get back on the healthier train in the New Year and for now, I'm going to enjoy myself food, goodies, wine and all.
Be careful.....
Old 12-19-2012, 04:54 PM   #502  

S/C/G: 204/143/135

Height: 5' 1"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Determinedat47 View Post
Be careful.....
I am sure it will balance out. I did experiment with having a bit of whatever was offered at a number of Christmas get togethers this week. But too many carbs and high fat makes you feel yuck pretty quick. So I am really sticking to phase 1 now until Christmas Day.
The thing I really did enjoy though was the glass of wine I had. But will limit to a very occassional single glass and enjoy that.
Old 12-19-2012, 06:59 PM   #503  
it's my time to shine!

S/C/G: 240/150/145

Height: 5'4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Determinedat47 View Post
Be careful.....

I will... I have been roughly the same weight (up, down within 5 lbs) for almost a year and my body is used to maintaining that.

In the New Year I am going to buckle down again to lose the bloat and maybe 5 more lbs or so.

Thanks though, I'm not going any where.
Old 12-19-2012, 10:19 PM   #504  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mom3LoveBugs View Post
I will... I have been roughly the same weight (up, down within 5 lbs) for almost a year and my body is used to maintaining that.

In the New Year I am going to buckle down again to lose the bloat and maybe 5 more lbs or so.

Thanks though, I'm not going any where.
I will be there with you. I don't seem to be very interested at the moment. I am maintaining at 130, but that is not where I want to be. And I feel like I am on the brink of gaining more. You know, I'm surrounded by temptation and not doing all that well of resisting it.
Old 12-19-2012, 10:23 PM   #505  

S/C/G: 169/130/110

Height: 5' 0"

Default Congrats!

Congrats on your weight loss! What a journey
I am on ideal protein as well. My issue is the plateau I am on is killing me!
It's been appx 3 mths and I am barely losing if at all. My question to you is, did you go through a dead time or were you consistently losing each week?
Old 12-19-2012, 10:29 PM   #506  

Quote:
Originally Posted by pekelvr View Post
Congrats on your weight loss! What a journey
I am on ideal protein as well. My issue is the plateau I am on is killing me!
It's been appx 3 mths and I am barely losing if at all. My question to you is, did you go through a dead time or were you consistently losing each week?
How long has it been and how much do you have to lose? I lost consistently, but usually my losses were small.
Old 12-19-2012, 11:00 PM   #507  

S/C/G: 177/145/145

I just got to Mexico. I came at a good weight. I can see it will be challenging here after half a day....
Old 12-19-2012, 11:12 PM   #508  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Momto2cs View Post
I just got to Mexico. I came at a good weight. I can see it will be challenging here after half a day....
Una mas margarita, por favor!
Old 12-20-2012, 01:31 AM   #509  

S/C/G: 187/?/145

Enjoy the sun for me Mom2cs!! It is freezing freaking cold here right now
Day 10. Feeling lighter today. Not sure what my weight is because I only weigh the one time per week that I go into the clinic. Signed up for BCT (body composition test) at the clinic and my lean body mass measured 3 pounds more than six weeks ago. Head scratcher for me not quite sure how that happened...
Exercise really does help with weight maintenance. I may bounce more than I'd like but a good portion of that seems to be water retention.
I think it's great Mom3 that you've managed to maintain for so long and have developed comfort in your spot!
Patns- I'm looking forward to a glass of wine when I'm through the phased again.
At this point though I am very happy to be doing what I'm doing.
Old 12-20-2012, 05:35 AM   #510  
8/23/12 - 1/6/13

S/C/G: 170/140/135

Height: 5' 5"

I heard that it generally takes 2 weeks to gain a pound of muscle. Looks like you are right on track.

Last edited by Fishette; 12-20-2012 at 05:35 AM.
Closed Thread