Closed Thread

Old 12-15-2012, 04:38 PM   #481  

S/C/G: 162/129/120

Height: 5'3"

Quote:
Originally Posted by capricious View Post
Day 5 has gone pretty well. Went Christmas shopping with my little ones. Tried on a couple things and was a bit sad about how ill fitting they were. It is a huge consolation to know that I am at least on the right path to rectify that but can't help but wish to be further along . Ah, well I'll get there. One day at a time.
Tomorrow night is friends' Christmas party- not looking forward to the razzing I'm going to get about turning down the 'Christmas cheer'. It is somewhat expected of me at this point but I still get poked quite a bit.
Hey Capricious
So great you found your way back here, so we can all keep working it out with each other. I found myself in the same weight gain boat...got really embarrassed and ashamed of myself. So...here I go again...but with all of you here, and some old timers whom I'm glad to see still lurking, we can do it.
From the numbers we all have, we're in way better shape than first time around. Now's the time to catch it. So glad you're here guys.
Sunnymae :0)
Old 12-15-2012, 10:51 PM   #482  

S/C/G: 204/143/135

Height: 5' 1"

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaraBean View Post
I here it!!! 5lbs really does make a big difference.... especially if you aren't tall!
Don't fret though... those 5 lbs will be off before we know it!

I didn't think of that. 5 pounds on us shorties does mean a size. it has nowhere to go except around the belly.

I am 7 pounds up from my goal of 130. I just took measurements. It meant an inch on the belly and an inch around the waist. But the kicker is another inch off the bust!
After 60 everthing moves south pretty quickly. I am going to have to go full force on phase 1 after Christmas.
Pat
Old 12-16-2012, 12:35 AM   #483  
it's my time to shine!

S/C/G: 240/150/145

Height: 5'4

Hi ladies,

I am struggling.

My Aunt brought over tubs and tubs of baking yesterday. Shortbread, tarts, ogo pogo squares, pumpkin and cream cheese cupcakes, sugar cookies, chocolate clusters, fudge and chocolate covered peanut butter balls.

Need I say more?
Old 12-16-2012, 09:12 AM   #484  

S/C/G: 162/150.4/135

Height: 5'8 3/4"

mom3lovebugs - hang in there! I think it's Wuv who says that this diet doesn't mean you can't ever have these things again...just not this year. Last year when I was full on IP (I started Nov 9th I think) I went off a little which then turned into a lot which set me back at least a week if not more. I was mad at my hubby for bringing home ice cream for my two teen boys last night cause that's my bugaboo.

We can do this!
Old 12-16-2012, 09:52 AM   #485  

S/C/G: 187/?/145

Height: 5'8"

Day 7! Yay!
Made it through last night with relatively no hiccup. Visited and had a couple shrimp and slices of deli meat. Didn't get pushed too much which made it a lot easier to relax and enjoy the evening. Know there will be more hurdles upcoming with the season but feel much stronger to have made it through the first one so resolutely.
Sunnymae- glad to see you're still kicking around as well! Are you Phase 1 ing now or waiting for the New Year?
Patns- an extra few pounds really does make a big difference the lower a person's weight is. Even at my height I notice 3-5.
Mom3- cookies in general are my downfall. And Christmas is the time of cookies. Have a couple and ditch the rest. Either send them with kids to school as treats for their class, give them to neighbors or chuck them. Know it hurts to get rid of something that tastes so good and was made by someone dear BUT the aftermath isn't worth it. May as well feel guilty and good about yourself vs. guilty and not good about yourself.
Old 12-16-2012, 11:27 PM   #486  

Ahhh the crickets. As we get closer to Christmas it does get soooo much busier!
Day 7 went well. Took the kids to paint pottery which was cute. Resisted having a fast food salad afterward because I wanted to know exactly what was in my food with WI looming tomorrow morning. Was heartily rewarded with RainbowSmiles' Chicken & Peppers in 'peanut' sauce (WF PB). Very, very good. And on plan
Old 12-17-2012, 09:13 AM   #487  

S/C/G: 162/129/120

Height: 5'3"

Good morning from the East rebooters.
Someone asked if I was already re-booting or waiting for the New Year. It's interesting, that even though I decided not to beat myself up with guilt thru the holidays and just re-boot for Jan.1, I've already been upping waterkcutting carbs/sugar/fat and really looking at what I'm taking in calorie wise. It's interesting how grace descends and you get that "feeling" again. It can be so fleeting and I realize I have to grab it while that door is open.
So...in a way I've started "something" and will call my coach today to come in and buy some product. It's funny...on maintenance I was comfortable with alternatives, but for the reboot I feel a psychological edge using IP products.
Do you think it really makes a difference?
I also bought a new pedometer yesterday, so I can start counting steps and calories better...so...I can tell I'm gearing up.
I'm so glad you're all here...I could not do this again without your help.
Thanks ladies and lurking gents!
Old 12-17-2012, 01:16 PM   #488  

S/C/G: 218.7/212.6/165

Height: 5' 6"

hey all ! congrats to everyones success in this very hard time of year. I have not posted OR read posts since end of Dec, because? I have weakened. Truth be told... I was so ashamed of stealing that glass of wine etc, that I just could not come on here and read all the successes and fear feeling even worse about myself. But.... I decided to come on to read for inspiration during my lunch hour, and am so glad I did. NO wine tonight... no cheese........ I am sick of feeling disappointed in ME.
Old 12-17-2012, 01:35 PM   #489  

S/C/G: 204/143/135

Height: 5' 1"

Quote:
Originally Posted by TracyAWC View Post
mom3lovebugs - hang in there! I think it's Wuv who says that this diet doesn't mean you can't ever have these things again...just not this year. Last year when I was full on IP (I started Nov 9th I think) I went off a little which then turned into a lot which set me back at least a week if not more. I was mad at my hubby for bringing home ice cream for my two teen boys last night cause that's my bugaboo.

We can do this!
The problem is when this is the second year of doing this for the holidays.

The fact with me is I CAN'T have those things ever again in any quantity. I am really trying to limit the treats this Christmas but have been having some things. What I found last year was it was so difficult serving so many things to people that I had not been able to taste test. I was always afraid that something was wrong with them. So this year I am tasting everything I make and that adds to another taste and so on. It adds up incredibly fast.
My problem is not the actual holiday at home. It is the huge number of work related events before hand.
Anyway, it is a matter to get through this time and do full fledged phase 1 as soon as I can.
But Christmas two years in a row totally on phase 1 is tough and I have made a conscious decision not to do it this year.
Pat
Old 12-17-2012, 02:08 PM   #490  

Day 8. Had my first WI this morning. Down 5. Wish it could be that number every week . I'd already scheduled and paid for a set of six sessions with a trainer prior to starting my reboot so I will have to follow through with them and just hope they don't too negatively impact my losses. My plan is to stick to Phase 1 but have a bar 30 min prior to each session and an extra packet directly following. Hopefully this will be enough. There's only two sessions this week and then none next week because of the holidays. So, I haves solid couple weeks to let the plan work at it's best.
Sunny- I had the exact same feeling about the restart timing. It seemed insensible to be starting at such a difficult time of year. But the need & want was definitely in me to be back on plan and not 'feasting'. I knew the mental hardship would only be abated by following plan otherwise the New Year would roll in and while I'd be full of self recrimination and such an emotion lends itself well to weight loss motivation it is also not the strongest point to be starting from. Guess I'd rather start out in a difficult time in regards to turning down food and drink than starting out in a difficult time in regards to my emotional state. That's a head scratcher of a sentence... Hopefully you understand what I mean. Happy to have you with me for the ride though . And we can still enjoy the holidays as the spirit of the season isn't in the food or drink... And as long as I can have turkey for Christmas supper I'm happy!
Losing- it is always a telling sign when you start to avoid the site- been there a few times myself. But checking back in is the best first step. Posting is the second. So you've already made a couple of steps in the right direction- just keep going! For myself, posting Is akin to journaling and it tends to help me organize and plan. So... Keep it up!
Old 12-17-2012, 02:28 PM   #491  

Quote:
Originally Posted by capricious View Post
Day 8. Had my first WI this morning. Down 5. Wish it could be that number every week . I'd already scheduled and paid for a set of six sessions with a trainer prior to starting my reboot so I will have to follow through with them and just hope they don't too negatively impact my losses. My plan is to stick to Phase 1 but have a bar 30 min prior to each session and an extra packet directly following. Hopefully this will be enough. There's only two sessions this week and then none next week because of the holidays. So, I haves solid couple weeks to let the plan work at it's best.
Sunny- I had the exact same feeling about the restart timing. It seemed insensible to be starting at such a difficult time of year. But the need & want was definitely in me to be back on plan and not 'feasting'. I knew the mental hardship would only be abated by following plan otherwise the New Year would roll in and while I'd be full of self recrimination and such an emotion lends itself well to weight loss motivation it is also not the strongest point to be starting from. Guess I'd rather start out in a difficult time in regards to turning down food and drink than starting out in a difficult time in regards to my emotional state. That's a head scratcher of a sentence... Hopefully you understand what I mean. Happy to have you with me for the ride though . And we can still enjoy the holidays as the spirit of the season isn't in the food or drink... And as long as I can have turkey for Christmas supper I'm happy!
Losing- it is always a telling sign when you start to avoid the site- been there a few times myself. But checking back in is the best first step. Posting is the second. So you've already made a couple of steps in the right direction- just keep going! For myself, posting Is akin to journaling and it tends to help me organize and plan. So... Keep it up!
Thank you for that remark..... I appreciate it. and yes you are right... when I feel I cant come here... I should... Have to get my self discipline back. This is an addiction......and I need to fight it.
Old 12-17-2012, 04:19 PM   #492  
reboot 10/14/2014

S/C/G: 162.7/149.2/125

Height: 5'2"

Quote:
Originally Posted by LOSINGFORGOOD2010 View Post
hey all ! congrats to everyones success in this very hard time of year. I have not posted OR read posts since end of Dec, because? I have weakened. Truth be told... I was so ashamed of stealing that glass of wine etc, that I just could not come on here and read all the successes and fear feeling even worse about myself. But.... I decided to come on to read for inspiration during my lunch hour, and am so glad I did. NO wine tonight... no cheese........ I am sick of feeling disappointed in ME.
Don't be disappointed. I know that feeling and it is the worst. Just forgive yourself for the wine and move forward! You can do it After a few days of staying OP you know you will be super proud of yourself!!!!
Old 12-18-2012, 06:19 AM   #493  

Thanks Sara!......... well onto day 2....day one not so hot...... 100% today...
Old 12-18-2012, 08:32 AM   #494  

S/C/G: 162/150.4/135

Height: 5'8 3/4"

Hey Pat,

I don't know what this year will bring in terms of eating at Christmas. It's been fairly doable so far although my 6 oz wine has not been eliminated yet (hope to start that tonight). Last year I had been super strict up until the 24th and then I went off with wine and chinese food. After a couple of glasses of wine I lost any inhibition and found myself standing in front of the pantry shoving oreos in my mouth. It was like I had released a tornado. Ugh. I think going into it with the idea of moderation is good and that's what I plan to do as well. Cookies and ice cream are my primary downfall and if I can figure out how to have them in moderation I'd be golden haha.

As long as we're all in this together it's all good, right?

Tracy
Old 12-18-2012, 10:18 AM   #495  

Quote:
Originally Posted by TracyAWC View Post
Hey Pat,

I don't know what this year will bring in terms of eating at Christmas. It's been fairly doable so far although my 6 oz wine has not been eliminated yet (hope to start that tonight). Last year I had been super strict up until the 24th and then I went off with wine and chinese food. After a couple of glasses of wine I lost any inhibition and found myself standing in front of the pantry shoving oreos in my mouth. It was like I had released a tornado. Ugh. I think going into it with the idea of moderation is good and that's what I plan to do as well. Cookies and ice cream are my primary downfall and if I can figure out how to have them in moderation I'd be golden haha.

As long as we're all in this together it's all good, right?

Tracy
OMG I laughed so hard when you said you were 'shoving oreos into your mouth" hahha we can ALL related to that out of control feeling ... yes we are all in this together ...one day at a time
Closed Thread