Closed Thread

Old 08-25-2012, 02:21 PM   #31  

S/C/G: 264.5/185.3/150

Height: 5'1"

Default On weighing daily

I have been weighing daily for years. It is when I don't weigh daily that my weight goes up. Surveys have shown that the most successful weight maintainers weigh daily. Because I have weighed daily for such a long time I understand that weight fluctuates, and I don't let the daily numbers bother me. If my weight goes up a day I think about how I did the day before. If I was 100% (I have only not been 5 days and 3 of those were small accidents), then I look for extenuating circumstances. As of Thursday, I had a 9.5 lb. weight loss for the two weeks since I had last been weighed, as of yesterday it had gone down to a 7.3 pound loss. Today was weigh-in. I was not worried because 1) I still had a 7 lb. loss, and 2) TOM started today. Those two pounds will go as fast as they came. It's kind of funny, I am irregular, so I usually don't know when TOM is coming, but now I can tell by a 2 pound jump in my weight.

Sorry if TMI.
Old 08-25-2012, 02:29 PM   #32  
Porthardygurl

S/C/G: 315/see ticker/180

Height: 6ft

Good Morning All,

Well..official weigh in today..to make it 2.6 pounds down...Im roughly 3 pounds away from having lost 35 and its making me impatient...I have been weighing every day as it hasnt been bothering my ability to stay OP and ive been seeing an interesting trend.

The nights i drink 1 cup of caffinated tea with a little of my vanilla rtd in it..the next day im up on the scale.

The nights i DONT drink my 1 cup of caffinated tea.. the next day im down...

Most curious??? Im scratching my head wondering if im retaining water because of the tea???

Im so impatient to get into the 270s its driving me nuts.. It will be the lowest i have been in a long time! It cant seem to come fast enough..However, im still not sure if im battling some water gain...Around this time two months ago, TOM came at this time ..however..last month it came about 1 week late..So..now im not sure if im back on schedule and im gaining water because of impending TOM or its just the tea???

Out of curiosity.. Do people usually start gaining water weight a week prior to starting there TOM? or a few days before?

Stay safe Ipeeps..and happy OP
Old 08-25-2012, 02:54 PM   #33  

Quote:
Originally Posted by KathrynRose View Post
I have been weighing daily for years. It is when I don't weigh daily that my weight goes up. Surveys have shown that the most successful weight maintainers weigh daily. Because I have weighed daily for such a long time I understand that weight fluctuates, and I don't let the daily numbers bother me. If my weight goes up a day I think about how I did the day before. If I was 100% (I have only not been 5 days and 3 of those were small accidents), then I look for extenuating circumstances. As of Thursday, I had a 9.5 lb. weight loss for the two weeks since I had last been weighed, as of yesterday it had gone down to a 7.3 pound loss. Today was weigh-in. I was not worried because 1) I still had a 7 lb. loss, and 2) TOM started today. Those two pounds will go as fast as they came. It's kind of funny, I am irregular, so I usually don't know when TOM is coming, but now I can tell by a 2 pound jump in my weight.
My comments about the scale are for the people monitoring it daily & complaining/driving themselves crazy, in-between weigh-ins. For those maintaining a level-headed outlook, the scale is just another tool, just like weighing/measuring food.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Porthardygurl View Post
Good Morning All,

Well..official weigh in today..to make it 2.6 pounds down...Im roughly 3 pounds away from having lost 35 and its making me impatient...I have been weighing every day as it hasnt been bothering my ability to stay OP and ive been seeing an interesting trend.

The nights i drink 1 cup of caffinated tea with a little of my vanilla rtd in it..the next day im up on the scale.
The nights i DONT drink my 1 cup of caffinated tea.. the next day im down...
Most curious??? Im scratching my head wondering if im retaining water because of the tea???
Caffeine can spike insulin in some people. On many low-carb plans, it is not allowed for this reason. The tea itself is a diuretic and would cause water LOSS, rather than retention.
Old 08-25-2012, 03:00 PM   #34  
IP Newb

S/C/G: 195/195/140

Height: 5'4

I am so so hungry this afternoon?! I don't know what's going on. I'm on about 50oz water maybe i need to drink faster. I can feel my tummy rumbling!! it's so strange!!!!! I've had: Pina coloada shake, lunch was vegie chilli with 1 c zuchinni and 1 c mushrooms AND i just had a salad with lemon/evoo/mustard dressing.

STILL GROWLING. Annoying!!!
Old 08-25-2012, 03:11 PM   #35  

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aimiloo View Post
I am so so hungry this afternoon?! I don't know what's going on. I'm on about 50oz water maybe i need to drink faster. I can feel my tummy rumbling!! it's so strange!!!!! I've had: Pina coloada shake, lunch was vegie chilli with 1 c zuchinni and 1 c mushrooms AND i just had a salad with lemon/evoo/mustard dressing.

Whenever I have the hungries, I go for a walk, or run errands. Anything to get me away from food and my mind on something else.
Old 08-25-2012, 03:14 PM   #36  
IP Newb

S/C/G: 195/195/140

Height: 5'4

Ugh the baby is sleeping or else i'd be out of this house! Maybe i should have my iP snack. lately at night i've been like UGH i have to eat my snack, maybe today i need to eat it earlier!
Old 08-25-2012, 03:43 PM   #37  
started IP 7/17/2012

S/C/G: 200.5/167/150

Quote:
Ugh the baby is sleeping or else i'd be out of this house! Maybe i should have my iP snack. lately at night i've been like UGH i have to eat my snack, maybe today i need to eat it earlier!
I say go for it now!! Especially if you don't usually feel like it later.
Old 08-25-2012, 03:56 PM   #38  

Wink

Quote:
I find that i have been the same way...Always looking forward to the snack. lol...I was actually told that eating it earlier in the day is better for you anyways. But then, I have that same craving later in the evening. I have gotten into the habit of preparing little snack bags in the fridge (brocoli, mushrooms, celery, etc.) It helps when I find myself pacing in the kitchen wondering what to make! haha. I have been having the same dressing....mustard, evoo, stevia and vinegar. Getting soooo bored of that.
I found a recipe for "oriental dressing". It is quite good either on a cold salad or even a stir fry....bean sprouts, celery, green peppers and mushrooms.

1/8 cup olive oil
1/3 cup apple cider vinegar (or just white)
1/3 cup soy sauce
2 tablespoons dijon or hot mustard
1 Tablespoon minced garlic
Ginger (optional)
wasabi (optional)
Then just blend on high! ....Not bad if your lookin for a change!

Hope everyone is enjoying the weekend! And I would like to thank the lady that posted "quit stepping on the scale everyday"....That was one of my bad habits. And I was tired of feeling that disappointment in the morning. I will be on the scale during the scheduled WI ONLY!!! Be in touch.
Old 08-25-2012, 04:01 PM   #39  
IP Start: 8/15/12

S/C/G: 286/217/158

Height: 5'6"

Hi All! - I'm just sitting down after running errands all day. I went to the grocery and Sams, and most of what I bought was for my IP plan - TONS of greens, and a few new WF products to try. We had a wonderful mongolian bbq lunch, and plan to grill out with my parents coming over later today. Have a great weekend everyone!

Quote:
Originally Posted by wuv2bloved View Post
Ok I am prepared for this storm to come....I have 10 cans of tuna, 5 cans of chicken, 5 cases of water, 5 cans of green beans, 5 cans of asparagus, a Jar of pickled okra and pickles....12 eggs that I will boil.....24 chocolate premade shakes, and 12 packs of a mixture of restricted (puffs and bars). I beat the madness that is for sure....stay safe everyone and have a great weekend!
Be Safe Lisa!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mishy226 View Post
Happy Sunday!
Last night I had a what I would consider a NSV. I am out of town with friends. Last night was a big Puerto Rican dinner filled with rice and tostones. For those of you who are not sure what tostones are fried plantains.....they are one of my favorite things to eat. After 8 weeks OP I just couldn't justify mentally breaking for just a moment of delishesness (not a word but describes how I feel about this particular food). I feel stronger actually knowing I didn't cave....it's so hard....but in the end I am worth more than that so I select what I can eat and move on. Nothing worth having is easily attained IMHO as least as far as I am concerned. Hope everyone has a great day and stays 100% OP!
Those little internal victories really build up the momentum and keep you focused on the plan - love it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by LizRR View Post
For those in the storms path - BE SAFE! So, I was feeling fun last night and finally tried the Cucumber Sorbet in my Puree thread - I pureed 2 whole, seeded cucumbers, juice & zest of 2 limes, 4 tbsp sweetener, 1 cup water, (split it with my husband) - blended it all down, added it to the ice cream machine with 3tbsp Egg Beaters - and OMG - it was SOOOOO good, like a margarita! I was thumbing through an old ice cream book from my inlaws and there is also a lettuce sorbet recipe - I am going to try that out tonight with some iceburg lettuce and report/update the thread accordingly.

Off to the grocery - stay strong folks!
Cucumber ice cream sounds amazing and refreshing, gotta try it!

Quote:

Some of the meals have a lot of sodium, if the chili has more than 600mg sodium - maybe you're thirsty even though you've already drank a lot of water? Couldn't hurt to chug a bit more.

Last edited by stargirl66; 08-25-2012 at 04:02 PM.
Old 08-25-2012, 04:01 PM   #40  

Quote:

I had a day like that this week. Powered through. Did other stuff to keep my mind off of it. Had my snack early. Ate dinner early & included a HUGE salad. Added a collagen packet that evening. The next day was better.

Some people say its the sign of an upcoming whoosh! Hope so!
Old 08-25-2012, 04:07 PM   #41  

Quote:
I am switching my snack to late afternoon now instead of evening because I wasn't wanting it and had to force myself. I get hungry at 3 so I will eat then and push dinner to a bit later. Go for it and eat a packet that way you won't make a mistake you could regret later.
Old 08-25-2012, 04:21 PM   #42  
Began IP 3-29-2012

S/C/G: 470/316/220

Height: 6'00"

Quote:
Originally Posted by KathrynRose View Post
After the camping stint, it turns out that I lost 7.7 pounds in two weeks. This is better than I have done in a long time. My clinic is closed next week, so it will be another two weeks before I can weigh in again. Right now I am feeling very good. I hope everyone has a great weekend!
Awesome!

Quote:
Originally Posted by wuv2bloved View Post
Ok I am prepared for this storm to come....I have 10 cans of tuna, 5 cans of chicken, 5 cases of water, 5 cans of green beans, 5 cans of asparagus, a Jar of pickled okra and pickles....12 eggs that I will boil.....24 chocolate premade shakes, and 12 packs of a mixture of restricted (puffs and bars). I beat the madness that is for sure....stay safe everyone and have a great weekend!
Be safe.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mishy226 View Post
Happy Sunday!
Last night I had a what I would consider a NSV. I am out of town with friends. Last night was a big Puerto Rican dinner filled with rice and tostones. For those of you who are not sure what tostones are fried plantains.....they are one of my favorite things to eat. After 8 weeks OP I just couldn't justify mentally breaking for just a moment of delishesness (not a word but describes how I feel about this particular food). I feel stronger actually knowing I didn't cave....it's so hard....but in the end I am worth more than that so I select what I can eat and move on. Nothing worth having is easily attained IMHO as least as far as I am concerned. Hope everyone has a great day and stays 100% OP!
Awesome.
Old 08-25-2012, 04:42 PM   #43  
IP Round #3: 11/14/2023

S/C/G: 210/184/145

Height: 5'5"/49yo

Back from the store - put my son down for a nap, and have a batch of cucumber-lemon sherbert in the ice cream maker, by my husbands demand. Apparently the difference between 'sorbet' and 'sherbert' is the addition of egg whites & gelatin, both just happen to be 0-carb/0-fat/0-sugar extras allowed on IP!

Quote:
Originally Posted by rainbowsmiles View Post
my hot chica in the hot pink pants...cucumber sorbet??? how very clever of you!!! sound good and refreshing too!!!
OMG - it was amazing with the lime juice, and the egg white turned it from sorbet to sherbert. I actuallly started looking into sherbert recipes and the only difference is the addition of egg whites & gelatin. My husband LOVED it, and actually LOVES lemon chills - so he demanded a new batch right now using lemons instead. So I have cucumber lemon sorbet going on in the machine - I added a packet of Knox gelatin to this batch to see how it affects the sorbet. I'm pouring over the THREE ice cream recipe books I have to learn more.

Speaking of clever - I was inspired by your Miracle Noodles pizza crust and did some meatballs last night using Miracle Noodles Rice as my 'breadcrumbs' - I was particularly hungry and it made a nice size portion. I put the notes in your thread, as I give you full credit!

Quote:
Originally Posted by evepet View Post
I'm definitely going to try that. I think I have the same ice cream maker as you? The small 1/2 pint Hamilton Beach one? I've been looking for new recipes for it, and this sounds like a very healthy one. Who woulda thought cucumbers could be so versatile!
I actually never got the small one, I looked all over Plano for it though. I already have one, my husbands grandmothers 30+ year old machine, it works great - I just pour in the ingredients and it freezes & mixes it - but the thing weighs ~30lb, so it's a beast to handle. I was looking for a small, personal one, since this thing does big batches and is huge - but think one ice cream maker is enough...

Quote:
I always have my snack in the afternoon. For my schedule and appetite that is what works best for me. I tried doing it after dinner during my first weeks IP, but I ended up being starving and tired in the afternoon and choking down a snack I wasn't hungry for at night.

Last edited by LizRR; 08-25-2012 at 05:28 PM.
Old 08-25-2012, 04:54 PM   #44  

Quote:
Originally Posted by redmomof4 View Post
Peekin' in to see how everyone is doing. I went on a 2 week vaca at the end of July beginning of August. Then had two weekends out of town for my 20th class reunion and the Iowa State Fair. I phased off for two weeks before vaca and still lost, only gained a tiny bit on vaca but it was off quickly. This week I am back 100% OP Phase 1 again and have broken through the 140 mark! I don't think I've been under 140 for over 6-8 years. I am very excited. In addition, I am training for the Rock N Roll Half Marathon in San Antonio in November. I am loving running again and just try to stay hydrated and then have a restricted packet as soon as I get back from running. I still do Chalean X-treme periodically but not on a strict schedule. It looks like people are doing great. Pictures say a thousand words!! Keep up the good work!
Welcome back!!! Glad to see you, sounds like ou are still kicking butt and taking names!!! Way to go!!!

I have the camper packed and were ready to go tomorrow!!! 100% OP!! I have 2 cups packets of sliced veggies to stash in the beach cooler, jugs of water, RTD, pudding cups (IP Canada has a RTD pudding), and bars! The camper fridge is stuffed full of veggies and protein, of course I have some snacks packed for the kids!

Have a great week everyone! Stay safe and stay OP!

We got this.
Old 08-25-2012, 04:58 PM   #45  
Feed Your Freedom

S/C/G: 399.8/362.0/224

Height: 5'8

Quote:
Originally Posted by mompattie View Post
Welcome back!!! Glad to see you, sounds like ou are still kicking butt and taking names!!! Way to go!!!

I have the camper packed and were ready to go tomorrow!!! 100% OP!! I have 2 cups packets of sliced veggies to stash in the beach cooler, jugs of water, RTD, pudding cups (IP Canada has a RTD pudding), and bars! The camper fridge is stuffed full of veggies and protein, of course I have some snacks packed for the kids!

Have a great week everyone! Stay safe and stay OP!

We got this.

ooooo YOU'VE SO GOT THIS!!!!!!!!!!!

have fun!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Closed Thread