Closed Thread

Old 08-25-2012, 11:55 AM   #16  
Started IP April 27, 2011

S/C/G: 408//199/199

Height: 5'8

Ok I am prepared for this storm to come....I have 10 cans of tuna, 5 cans of chicken, 5 cases of water, 5 cans of green beans, 5 cans of asparagus, a Jar of pickled okra and pickles....12 eggs that I will boil.....24 chocolate premade shakes, and 12 packs of a mixture of restricted (puffs and bars). I beat the madness that is for sure....stay safe everyone and have a great weekend!
Old 08-25-2012, 11:58 AM   #17  

S/C/G: 280.2/205.2/180

Height: 5'10

Happy Sunday!
Last night I had a what I would consider a NSV. I am out of town with friends. Last night was a big Puerto Rican dinner filled with rice and tostones. For those of you who are not sure what tostones are fried plantains.....they are one of my favorite things to eat. After 8 weeks OP I just couldn't justify mentally breaking for just a moment of delishesness (not a word but describes how I feel about this particular food). I feel stronger actually knowing I didn't cave....it's so hard....but in the end I am worth more than that so I select what I can eat and move on. Nothing worth having is easily attained IMHO as least as far as I am concerned. Hope everyone has a great day and stays 100% OP!
Old 08-25-2012, 12:02 PM   #18  

Quote:
Originally Posted by mishy226 View Post
Happy Sunday!
Last night I had a what I would consider a NSV. I am out of town with friends. Last night was a big Puerto Rican dinner filled with rice and tostones. For those of you who are not sure what tostones are fried plantains.....they are one of my favorite things to eat. After 8 weeks OP I just couldn't justify mentally breaking for just a moment of delishesness (not a word but describes how I feel about this particular food). I feel stronger actually knowing I didn't cave....it's so hard....but in the end I am worth more than that so I select what I can eat and move on. Nothing worth having is easily attained IMHO as least as far as I am concerned. Hope everyone has a great day and stays 100% OP!
SOOOOO VERY PROUD OF YOU!!!!....that is a MAJOR NSV!!!!!....Congrats on staying focused and NOT giving in....this is a breakthrough for you, this means you are MENTALLY ready for the change in your eating and lifestyle.....this makes me SO very happy.....again CONGRATS!
Old 08-25-2012, 12:12 PM   #19  

Quote:
Happy Sunday!

I love the way you worded that: I just couldn't justify mentally breaking for just a moment of delishesness.

I, too feel stronger when I know I don't cave. I was at a party last nite & sat at the "food table" for a while. I was tired & that was where the people & the conversation were. That food just looked like fat on me. It was a completely new visual I wish I'd gotten many pounds ago but I'm glad I have now!

I was offered drinks more than once (I brought something I could drink). One person said they didn't think they could accept a diet that restricted alcohol. I just told her it was my choice and that if I chose to have one, it would slow down my weight loss & that wasn't what I was paying for. This she understood & then supported me!

Stronger! Didn't cave! (and down 2 sizes in 26 days!)---it's not all on the scale!

Last edited by lisa32989; 08-25-2012 at 12:37 PM.
Old 08-25-2012, 12:16 PM   #20  

Quote:
Originally Posted by lisa32989 View Post
Imive the way you worded that: I just couldn't justify mentally breaking for just a moment of delishesness.

I, too feel stronger when I know I don't cave. I was at a party last nite & sat at the "food table" for a while. I was tired & that was where the people & the conversation were. That food just looked like fat on me. It was a completely new visual I wish I'd gotten many pounds ago but I'm glad I have now!

I was offered drinks more than once (I brought something I could drink). One person said they didn't think they could accept a diet that restricted alcohol. I just told her it was my choice and that if I chose to have one, it would slow down my weight loss & that wasn't what I was paying for. This she understood & then supported me!

Stronger! Didn't cave! (and down 2 sizes in 26 days!)---it's not all on the scale!
Another making me PROUD!!!!....y'all are doing great...and you are correct Lisa...you CHOSE to NOT have those drink...a break through for you!!...its about the company you are with and the conversation not the drinks and food.....congrats!!!!
Old 08-25-2012, 12:40 PM   #21  

Quote:
Originally Posted by wuv2bloved View Post
Ok I am prepared for this storm to come....I have 10 cans of tuna, 5 cans of chicken, 5 cases of water, 5 cans of green beans, 5 cans of asparagus, a Jar of pickled okra and pickles....12 eggs that I will boil.....24 chocolate premade shakes, and 12 packs of a mixture of restricted (puffs and bars). I beat the madness that is for sure....stay safe everyone and have a great weekend!
Here's hoping you don't have to eat all that boring stuff but so glad you are prepared if you do! (it wouldn't be so boring then!)
Old 08-25-2012, 12:54 PM   #22  
IP Round #3: 11/14/2023

S/C/G: 210/184/145

Height: 5'5"/49yo

For those in the storms path - BE SAFE! So, I was feeling fun last night and finally tried the Cucumber Sorbet in my Puree thread - I pureed 2 whole, seeded cucumbers, juice & zest of 2 limes, 4 tbsp sweetener, 1 cup water, (split it with my husband) - blended it all down, added it to the ice cream machine with 3tbsp Egg Beaters - and OMG - it was SOOOOO good, like a margarita! I was thumbing through an old ice cream book from my inlaws and there is also a lettuce sorbet recipe - I am going to try that out tonight with some iceburg lettuce and report/update the thread accordingly.

Off to the grocery - stay strong folks!
Old 08-25-2012, 01:01 PM   #23  
Feed Your Freedom

S/C/G: 399.8/362.0/224

Quote:

I love the way you worded that: I just couldn't justify mentally breaking for just a moment of delishesness.

so proud of you lisa!!!! got my goodies box!! yipee!!! ahem....those cinnamon apple puffs remind me of apple jacks!!!! they are so good. the peanut butter puffs...not so much!! bummer!! wish i had gotten 2 bags of the apply puffs now!! thanks again!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by LizRR View Post
For those in the storms path - BE SAFE! So, I was feeling fun last night and finally tried the Cucumber Sorbet in my Puree thread - I pureed 2 whole, seeded cucumbers, juice & zest of 2 limes, 4 tbsp sweetener, 1 cup water, (split it with my husband) - blended it all down, added it to the ice cream machine with 3tbsp Egg Beaters - and OMG - it was SOOOOO good, like a margarita! I was thumbing through an old ice cream book from my inlaws and there is also a lettuce sorbet recipe - I am going to try that out tonight with some iceburg lettuce and report/update the thread accordingly.

my hot chica in the hot pink pants...cucumber sorbet??? how very clever of you!!! sound good and refreshing too!!!
Old 08-25-2012, 01:19 PM   #24  

Quote:
Originally Posted by rainbowsmiles View Post
so proud of you lisa!!!! got my goodies box!! yipee!!! ahem....those cinnamon apple puffs remind me of apple jacks!!!! they are so good. the peanut butter puffs...not so much!! bummer!! wish i had gotten 2 bags of the apply puffs now!! thanks again!!
Glad the trade worked out. It was mutually advantageous. I STILL think we need a trade thread for people who have to buy whole boxes and get stuck with items they don't like. Easy to trade with people who can pick up packets of "whatever". I also got some Vinegar/Salt packs in our "three way" trade. I LOVE them! I do a restricted every-other day right now. I lost more than when I did one every day. I get too hungry if I don't have them at all...

Which brings me to other questions

This is ALREADY a very low carb/very low fat/very low calorie plan.
I keep wondering WHY people want to restrict it even more by not following the sheet? The plan is designed in a certain way for a reason. When I decided to follow it, I needed to let go, trust, and FOLLOW IT! It says to have a restricted/day. The days I don't have the restricted are the days I have my collagen pack as a 4th pack (every-other-day).

We all get in SUCH A HURRY for weight reduction. Were we in that big of a hurry to gain it in the first place? People monitor the scale daily even tho the program suggests not to & then get upset if there isn't daily movement downward. Was that scale monitored with the same scrutiny during the weight gain???

Are we forgetting there are other ways to monitor change? Clothes fit or fit better? We can move better. We can do a better job of personal daily care. WE FEEL BETTER!

Like George Carlin, these are just things I wonder...
Old 08-25-2012, 01:26 PM   #25  

Quote:

I keep wondering WHY people want to restrict it even more by not following the sheet? The plan is designed in a certain way for a reason. When I decided to follow it, I needed to let go, trust, and FOLLOW IT! It says to have a restricted/day. The days I don't have the restricted are the days I have my collagen pack as a 4th pack (every-other-day).

We all get in SUCH A HURRY for weight reduction. Were we in that big of a hurry to gain it in the first place? People monitor the scale daily even tho the program suggests not to & then get upset if there isn't daily movement downward. Was that scale monitored with the same scrutiny during the weight gain???

Are we forgetting there are other ways to monitor change? Clothes fit or fit better? We can move better. We can do a better job of personal daily care. WE FEEL BETTER!

It has FINALLY CLICKED for YOU!....this is how I STAY FOCUSED.....FOLLOW the sheet...BELIEVE in the program IT WORKS!
Old 08-25-2012, 01:33 PM   #26  
Started IP 3/26/12

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by LizRR View Post

I'm definitely going to try that. I think I have the same ice cream maker as you? The small 1/2 pint Hamilton Beach one? I've been looking for new recipes for it, and this sounds like a very healthy one. Who woulda thought cucumbers could be so versatile!
Old 08-25-2012, 01:37 PM   #27  
Began IP 6/27/12

S/C/G: 219/189/175

Height: 5'10"

Good Morning, All! It's been a while since I've been on here. I just got back from Vegas last night and slept until 10:00 this morning! An awesome time was had by all, including myself! We saw such amazing shows and just had a great time. I did not stick to the plan entirely, but did not go crazy either. It's funny how OP has completely changed how I look at food. I didn't even want some of the foods that in the past I would have eaten. Pretty much stuck to salad, vegetables and protein. Yes, I did give into my downfall...wine. So, today I am re-starting and am going to get back to where I was before I left. It's funny how this trip really gave me a chance to see that I will be able to continue this way of eating for a long time...scale didn't look great this morning, but this NSV made it all worth it! Have a great day!
Old 08-25-2012, 01:37 PM   #28  

S/C/G: Pre 168.2/Pre IP 166/142/130

Height: 5'2.5" (us short people depend on the half inches!)

Peekin' in to see how everyone is doing. I went on a 2 week vaca at the end of July beginning of August. Then had two weekends out of town for my 20th class reunion and the Iowa State Fair. I phased off for two weeks before vaca and still lost, only gained a tiny bit on vaca but it was off quickly. This week I am back 100% OP Phase 1 again and have broken through the 140 mark! I don't think I've been under 140 for over 6-8 years. I am very excited. In addition, I am training for the Rock N Roll Half Marathon in San Antonio in November. I am loving running again and just try to stay hydrated and then have a restricted packet as soon as I get back from running. I still do Chalean X-treme periodically but not on a strict schedule. It looks like people are doing great. Pictures say a thousand words!! Keep up the good work!
Old 08-25-2012, 01:38 PM   #29  

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Happy Sunday!
Good Job!! There is something very empowering when we're able to not cave. Everytime after this will be easier and easier.
Old 08-25-2012, 02:13 PM   #30  
Feed Your Freedom

S/C/G: 399.8/362.0/224

Quote:

i think i see a FUTURE IP COACH IN TRAINING here!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by redmomof4 View Post
Peekin' in to see how everyone is doing. I went on a 2 week vaca at the end of July beginning of August. Then had two weekends out of town for my 20th class reunion and the Iowa State Fair. I phased off for two weeks before vaca and still lost, only gained a tiny bit on vaca but it was off quickly. This week I am back 100% OP Phase 1 again and have broken through the 140 mark! I don't think I've been under 140 for over 6-8 years. I am very excited. In addition, I am training for the Rock N Roll Half Marathon in San Antonio in November. I am loving running again and just try to stay hydrated and then have a restricted packet as soon as I get back from running. I still do Chalean X-treme periodically but not on a strict schedule. It looks like people are doing great. Pictures say a thousand words!! Keep up the good work!
welcome back....wondered where you had been!!!!
Closed Thread