Closed Thread

Old 06-16-2012, 10:41 AM   #31  

S/C/G: 141/141/125

Height: 5 foot 8.5 inches

Morning all! Glad to hear so many people have stayed upbeat and OP even with 0 loss.... I think I'll be facing my first no loss WI Monday and I'm nervous I'll overreact. I need to learn to be more like you guys and realize that it isn't the end of the world! You are all such an inspiration.
Old 06-16-2012, 10:50 AM   #32  

S/C/G: 214/211/150

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by patns View Post
Great to see you popping in again. Have a wonderful weekend and enjoy the kayak.
Pat
Pat,
It is great to see you are on here still. I keep in touch with Wuv through FB and she just amazes me. I have been super busy, but after the next 3 weeks, it is going to be "all about me" again. lol. When I go into the serious plan mode, I need to come here every day, even if I just lurk. I am so happy that you are doing so well with your weight. Do you see any of the old gang on here? I see jennydoodle pops in once in awhile. Have a wonderful weekend
Old 06-16-2012, 10:52 AM   #33  
IP attempt #2

S/C/G: 213/213/140

Height: 5'1

I hate the stupid scale. I do weigh myself every day which I know I shouldn't do, but I just can't help it. It has not moved (maybe up a pound during the day) for the last 4 mornings. I am totally OP. I am doing everything I should be. I don't think I am losing inches because my clothes feel the same. I am starting to feel discouraged, but will continue to stay OP because I am not a quitter.

I know you guys will say to stay off the scale, but I hate surprises. I HAVE to know....everything... Lol.
Old 06-16-2012, 11:07 AM   #34  
Started IP April 27, 2011

S/C/G: 408//199/199

Height: 5'8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bellamack View Post
Pat,
It is great to see you are on here still. I keep in touch with Wuv through FB and she just amazes me. I have been super busy, but after the next 3 weeks, it is going to be "all about me" again. lol. When I go into the serious plan mode, I need to come here every day, even if I just lurk. I am so happy that you are doing so well with your weight. Do you see any of the old gang on here? I see jennydoodle pops in once in awhile. Have a wonderful weekend
Yes, she keeps up with me on FB...lol....I wanna get one of those totes from you!.....Most of the old gang hang out in the Maintance thread, every now and then Jenny will pop up on here. Not too many old timers come around anymore. I see wayward on FB sometimes but not very often. USMC is now our wayward.....lol....I am glad to see so many guys on here now
Old 06-16-2012, 11:17 AM   #35  
Started IP 4/23/12

S/C/G: 232/129/132

Height: 5'3"

Quote:
Originally Posted by cyndie View Post
I am going to have to quit IP, at least IP products. I will definitely need the help and encouragement of the wonderful people here. I love IP and their products but we had a family emergency of the $$ kind this week. So, it's alternative products or nothing for me. Doesn't it seem like something always comes up? lol. I did so well this week, I am going to try and continue using the much less expensive products and use you guys for my coach

It's really funny how things work out. I was researching alternatives all week for my Sister so she could participate with me. So, now I get to put all my research to work and we will be on exactly the same plan.
You can still do it Cyndie with alternatives, just stay on plan. I really don't see the cost as that high as we are not going to fast food places and buying all the junk food we normally do. Good luck!
Old 06-16-2012, 11:20 AM   #36  
Ideal Bellydancer

S/C/G: 172/160/130

Height: 5'4"

Hi Everyone. I'm new here and on my third day of IP. Got bad headache for two days, despite drinking my water and using my salt. Advil helped, but when I used the migraine stuff with caffeine and asprin, they lessened greatly. I love everything else. Making muffins with lemon pudding recipe. Nice to meet every one here such a supportive place
Old 06-16-2012, 11:21 AM   #37  
IP Round #3: 11/14/2023

S/C/G: 210/184/145

Height: 5'5"/49yo

I was going to update my workout post from yesterday and saw a typo...I do NOT jog 2 miles before bodypump...I do 1 mile at ~11 min/mile pace just to warm up. And Sat mornings when my workouts aren't followed by a full meal I actually have an unrestricted 2 egg white recipe (typically crispy cereal pancakes or pudding waffles). I do a 2 mile slow walk on non weightlifting days.

Quote:
I do 4 packets a day - only ONE of which is restricted, which I have ~30-45 minutes before I workout. I also have an unrestricted soon after I workout as well. My coach advised me to split the restricted and do 1/2 before and 1/2 after, but honestly - I get hungry and found that I needed to time my packets.

I do Bodypump 3x/week now (Tue&Thur@6:30-7:30pm and Sat@8:30-9:30am) along with the light ONE mile jog warmup cardio beforehand. I do a lower weight than what I did previously, ~25% less (but I took an 8 week break), basically I just make sure to keep the intensity/weight light enough where I'm not huffing, puffing, drenched in sweat like I was before. And the jogging is new, but I do that slow enough where I barely break a sweat and can easily breath (almost more of a faster walk). I still do the <2mile walk on the other days of the week, but that is leisure pace and I don't add a 4th packet those days.

FYI on my normal & workout eating schedule (approximate):
Normal: Breakfast@8am, Lunch@12pm, Snack@4pm, Dinner@8pm
Tue&Thu:Breakfast@8am, Lunch@12pm, Snack@4pm, Restricted@5:30pm, Workout@6:15-7:30pm, Dinner@8pm
Sat: Restricted@7:30am, Workout@8:15-9:30am, Snack w/2 egg whites@10am, Lunch@12pm, Dinner@4pm, Snack@8pm
Quote:
Originally Posted by WingnutandMe View Post
Had my WI. The whoosh fairy missed me. For the second time in a month, I'm at a ZERO loss. I've been a little lax, not off program, but not measuring and weighing. Got to buckle down in the future. Measure and pay attention.
I am right there with you. I probably brought you something through the mail! Let's reboot together!

Quote:
Originally Posted by newmom7611 View Post
i have a quick question for you guys... does your clinic restrict you to 4 splenda packets a day?? also, do they tell you that WF stuff is "free" or do you have to take away a splenda for each serving of WF that you use??
my clinic tells us a maximum of 4 packets a day.. i see alot of you use it in recipes, which is cool, but i don't dare use it in anything but my tea and coffee!
also, they said that for each serving of walden farms i use, i have to subtract one splenda packet from my daily allowance...
anyone else's clinic say the same?
My clinic limits us to 6 servings of "extras" a day. The WF is sucralose (Splenda) based, so it makes sense they all count the same. FYI, Splenda has ~4cals/~.9g carbs per packet, so it's not truly "free", just meets FDA guidelines to me called 0/0/0.
Old 06-16-2012, 12:00 PM   #38  

S/C/G: 201/165/150

Height: 5"8

Quote:
Originally Posted by newmom7611 View Post
omgomgomg. lol ok so i know alot of you know how to make the unrestricted crispy cereal pancakes, but i just tried something slightly different. I'm hooked!
ok so for the pancakes, it is said to add some egg whites, splenda, and things like that-- my clinic doesn't like "extras" ... they are very strict. SO, i've been having the pancakes without the egg whites and they come out super flat and kinda crispy *which is fine, still tastes great*. anyway, i make muffins out of the choc drink mix half the time for breakfast and i figured i'd try it with the crispy cereal. they are the cutest little cuppy cakes. dense and yummy. making it with just water, a pinch of baking powder, a few drops of alcohol free extract (i used maple), and some pumpkin pie spice.. oh my goodness they are so good! bake on 350 for about 12 minutes or until golden brown. i got 3 little tea cakes. i'll be having this every morning until i start phase 3 on wednesday

i have a quick question for you guys... does your clinic restrict you to 4 splenda packets a day?? also, do they tell you that WF stuff is "free" or do you have to take away a splenda for each serving of WF that you use??
my clinic tells us a maximum of 4 packets a day.. i see alot of you use it in recipes, which is cool, but i don't dare use it in anything but my tea and coffee! lol
also, they said that for each serving of walden farms i use, i have to subtract one splenda packet from my daily allowance...
anyone else's clinic say the same?

Ok I'm a newbie but my coach said I should only use the wf dressings. I guess if you use that stuff too liberally it is bad. He also said 4 packets of Splenda a day.

I have noticed all the recipes with all the wf products. Wish there were more recipes without. I am not the cook and running out of great ideas. Is your "pancake recipe" pase 1 one 2.

You look awesome by the way.
Old 06-16-2012, 12:03 PM   #39  

Quote:
Originally Posted by undul8tor View Post
Hi Everyone. I'm new here and on my third day of IP. Got bad headache for two days, despite drinking my water and using my salt. Advil helped, but when I used the migraine stuff with caffeine and asprin, they lessened greatly. I love everything else. Making muffins with lemon pudding recipe. Nice to meet every one here such a supportive place
Hang in there. They will pass. The first 3 to 4 days are the hardest.
Old 06-16-2012, 12:08 PM   #40  

S/C/G: 214/211/150

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by wuv2bloved View Post
Yes, she keeps up with me on FB...lol....I wanna get one of those totes from you!.....Most of the old gang hang out in the Maintance thread, every now and then Jenny will pop up on here. Not too many old timers come around anymore. I see wayward on FB sometimes but not very often. USMC is now our wayward.....lol....I am glad to see so many guys on here now
Wuv,

The "Deli Tote" that I made? I sure would make you one, what color would you like (let me guess, PURPLE?). Send me a private message with your address and I will make you one, just because of the inspiration you have been to me and so many others. We all love & appreciate you!
Old 06-16-2012, 12:10 PM   #41  

Quote:
Originally Posted by mooselover View Post
Good Morning IP'ers.

I just have to say "Thank You" to each and every one of you who take the time to post on here. Your participation in this makes a difference in people changing their lives!!! It sure has helpled me You are all amazing and inspirational

I am going 4 wheeling with my family today. It looks like it is going to be a lovely day here in the North. I hope to see a Moose or 2 (my favorite Animal). Hope all of you have a great day too.
I love your ticker. It made me laugh. "just keep swimming"
Old 06-16-2012, 12:15 PM   #42  

S/C/G: 278/247/178

Height: 5.3

WingnutandMe I have a question..not about IP but cars..I got my husband an old bug baja for fathers day and he is going to restore it he is great at the mechanical things but never done body work so question is what do you recommend for the metal roof there is no headliner just a bunch of glue were one was..and what about re upholstering ..do you do that your self or how do you find someone??
Old 06-16-2012, 12:18 PM   #43  

S/C/G: 278/247/178

Height: 5.3

Quote:
Originally Posted by undul8tor View Post
welcome from one newbie to another..I had to take Excedrin the first couple days by day 5 headaches were gone..and by the second week my acid re-flux has not flared i stopped taking med..I am so loving this program!
Old 06-16-2012, 12:26 PM   #44  

Quote:
Originally Posted by sneuse View Post
Morning all! Glad to hear so many people have stayed upbeat and OP even with 0 loss.... I think I'll be facing my first no loss WI Monday and I'm nervous I'll overreact. I need to learn to be more like you guys and realize that it isn't the end of the world! You are all such an inspiration.
Hello fellow austinite! Don't be discouraged. You are so close to goal! I think as you get smaller and smaller it is harder to lose because there is less fat to take from. Take heart and give yourself a break.
Old 06-16-2012, 12:27 PM   #45  

S/C/G: 188/see tracker/120

Height: 5'4"

Default Getting Started

Hi Everyone,

I'm enjoying reading all of your posts; I have been researching the Ideal Protein program for the last two weeks and I am really considering trying. I have been on every diet (many more than once) out there and the results are too slow I never make it past two months. I like structure and this plan seems very structured. I am afraid of spending more money and failing again. I can be an emotional eater; especially if I am hungry. I've seen conflicting reviews - some people say they feel full others say they are very hungry.

Any words of advice? I need to lose about 50 lbs.

Thanks!!
Closed Thread