Closed Thread

Old 06-16-2012, 12:29 PM   #46  
Started IP 3/12/12

S/C/G: 248.25/see ticker/130

Height: 5' 2"

Quote:
Originally Posted by KathrynRose View Post
Today was my week 4 weigh-in and I have lost 3.4 more pounds. I am loving this program!
Congratulations. It's a wonderful feeling, isn't it?
Old 06-16-2012, 12:32 PM   #47  

S/C/G: 201/165/150

Height: 5"8

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeauxTigers82 View Post
I hate the stupid scale. I do weigh myself every day which I know I shouldn't do, but I just can't help it. It has not moved (maybe up a pound during the day) for the last 4 mornings. I am totally OP. I am doing everything I should be. I don't think I am losing inches because my clothes feel the same. I am starting to feel discouraged, but will continue to stay OP because I am not a quitter.

I know you guys will say to stay off the scale, but I hate surprises. I HAVE to know....everything... Lol.
Weighing 1x per day keeps me motivated no matter what the scale says. I am very matter of fact. If I don't loose, then maybe tomorrow. I would say just don't get emotional about it. I think it is exciting when I get on and weigh less than the day before, but if I don't .....maybe tomorrow. Good luck on your journey!
Old 06-16-2012, 12:43 PM   #48  
Started IP 3/12/12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barb4640 View Post
Attending RISEFEST in Sheldon, Iowa today. This is a festivial of a variety of popular Christian bands. Working at the kids's tent first then gonna enjoy Natalie Grant, Remedy Drive, Mark Schultz and Tenth Ave. North. Hopefully the rain stays away.

PS: Everytime I see the dancing carrot I just have to laugh! It should be a celery stick or something we are at least able to eat, lol.
Sounds like a wonderful time. Love those bands. Sometime google 513 Free. They are a band that plays at our church and have released a CD called Different. Their music if free and can probably download it from their site. They are wonderful!
Old 06-16-2012, 12:52 PM   #49  
Started IP 3/12/12

Quote:
Originally Posted by pianonan View Post
Hi Everyone,

I'm enjoying reading all of your posts; I have been researching the Ideal Protein program for the last two weeks and I am really considering trying. I have been on every diet (many more than once) out there and the results are too slow I never make it past two months. I like structure and this plan seems very structured. I am afraid of spending more money and failing again. I can be an emotional eater; especially if I am hungry. I've seen conflicting reviews - some people say they feel full others say they are very hungry.

Any words of advice? I need to lose about 50 lbs.

Thanks!!
Your story sounds like mine. I lost about 60 pounds on Weight watchers years ago, then did LA weight loss (biggest waste) and tried WW again, but just couldn't make it work. I had the same feelings about this, but my mom signed us up and paid for the registration and 1st month of food (God bless her). I am very much a "rule follower" and this program works so well. I just know what I can and can't have and most days am not hungry. Give it a shot....I think you'll be glad you did and amazed with the results! Best of luck to you.
Old 06-16-2012, 01:01 PM   #50  
Started IP 06.12.12

S/C/G: 199.4/163.8/140

Height: 5'4"

Smile

Hey everyone!!! Today is my fourth day on IP, so far so good. Im not sure if I lost weight but I feel like I have lost inches for sure! My clothes are already starting to feel different. I have my first weigh in on Tuesday. I will continue to stay 100 OP until I make my goal!!! Everyone's posts are so inspiring!

Have a fun and OP Weekend!!
Old 06-16-2012, 01:12 PM   #51  
Michele

S/C/G: 240/149/150

Height: 5.5

ahhhh having the stomach flu is awful...my son and my husband have it too.....plus when ever im sick all i want is ginger ale and crackers havent eaten for 35 hours...Yikes this is awful.....
Old 06-16-2012, 01:17 PM   #52  
Started IP 06.12.12

Yikes! The stomach flu is not fun!!! See with your coach if Chicken Broth is ok. Only because I'm not sure...FEEL BETTER!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by haddy4 View Post
ahhhh having the stomach flu is awful...my son and my husband have it too.....plus when ever im sick all i want is ginger ale and crackers havent eaten for 35 hours...Yikes this is awful.....
Old 06-16-2012, 01:23 PM   #53  

Height: 5'2"

I posted this yesterday but got no response...Anybody???

Hi all,
I need some advice. I am a month into IP and am still experiencing tiredness.
I am following IP 100% ,taking the supplements and sea salt. My coach said it could mean too many carbs but I can't imagine going any more low carb than I already am. I also walk about 30 min a day. Anyone experience this?
Thanks!
Old 06-16-2012, 01:27 PM   #54  

S/C/G: 156/138.8/135

Good day everyone! It's a beautiful and sunny day here......finally! Going to take my pa to the show and shine today and then out for steak for papa's day. Lovely!
For the last week, I've cut out restricted items to see if it will speed up the pounds. As of this morning, I'm down 4! Official wi is Monday. My losses to date have been an average of 1.9 a week, I'm so excited for Monday now!

Have a super day!!
Old 06-16-2012, 01:30 PM   #55  
Started IP 1/14/2012

S/C/G: 286/165/169

Height: 5'9"

Quote:
Originally Posted by WingnutandMe View Post
Darralyn,

I did notice on my scale that my water was way up this week. That can account for some of the no loss, but I've still been too lax. I've been dealing with some health issues and not focused. I've also been thinking about I'm now down to a weight I'd maintained for a number of years recently in the past. I've been concerned about how it was going to work getting down past some of my old milestones.

Molly
I'm also at a milestone period where I spent 3 years after losing weight, then ballooned up again before starting IP. I've been wondering if my last two lower loss weeks are part of my body remembering where it liked to be. The good news is the at least the clothes I had from that period are all fitting me again, some even a little better. Hope you break through this soon.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mooselover View Post
Good Morning IP'ers.

I just have to say "Thank You" to each and every one of you who take the time to post on here. Your participation in this makes a difference in people changing their lives!!! It sure has helpled me You are all amazing and inspirational

I am going 4 wheeling with my family today. It looks like it is going to be a lovely day here in the North. I hope to see a Moose or 2 (my favorite Animal). Hope all of you have a great day too.
Mooselover, you are one of the gang that I enjoy hearing from on a regular basis to. Thanks for your posting and inspirations.

Quote:
Originally Posted by undul8tor View Post
Hi Everyone. I'm new here and on my third day of IP. Got bad headache for two days, despite drinking my water and using my salt. Advil helped, but when I used the migraine stuff with caffeine and asprin, they lessened greatly. I love everything else. Making muffins with lemon pudding recipe. Nice to meet every one here such a supportive place
Welcome, it will get better. Even if your headache sticks around a while, it will disappear on your first WI. Good Luck!

Quote:
Originally Posted by pianonan View Post
Hi Everyone,

I'm enjoying reading all of your posts; I have been researching the Ideal Protein program for the last two weeks and I am really considering trying. I have been on every diet (many more than once) out there and the results are too slow I never make it past two months. I like structure and this plan seems very structured. I am afraid of spending more money and failing again. I can be an emotional eater; especially if I am hungry. I've seen conflicting reviews - some people say they feel full others say they are very hungry.

Any words of advice? I need to lose about 50 lbs.

Thanks!!
DO IT!!!! The best decision I ever made was to start IP. I was very hesitant about doing the 'low carb thing' but I know now that it is the last diet I will ever need. Yes there are times of hunger but that is more in the beginning week when your body is adjusting. Then I find most hunger is of the mental kind which IP will make you face. There is no more bored, absent minded eating allowed because for me that is what got me here to begin with.

And when you do need any kind of support or advice, check in here and we'll be there to help.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmuroff1 View Post
Hey everyone!!! Today is my fourth day on IP, so far so good. Im not sure if I lost weight but I feel like I have lost inches for sure! My clothes are already starting to feel different. I have my first weigh in on Tuesday. I will continue to stay 100 OP until I make my goal!!! Everyone's posts are so inspiring!

Have a fun and OP Weekend!!
Welcome!

Quote:
Originally Posted by haddy4 View Post
I'm sorry you are sick, yes it is crappy. Try the chicken broth or herbal tea as soon as you can handle something in your stomach. Then drink lots of water and have you salt to get rehydrated.
Old 06-16-2012, 01:33 PM   #56  
Started IP 1/14/2012

S/C/G: 286/165/169

Height: 5'9"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skini mini View Post

Hi all,
I am following IP 100% ,taking the supplements and sea salt. My coach said it could mean too many carbs but I can't imagine going any more low carb than I already am. I also walk about 30 min a day. Anyone experience this?
Thanks!
I've had a problem with tiredness but it isn't really just the diet. I am hypothyroid and tend to have a low exercise tolerance. While I have bursts of energy some days, I'm exhausted on others. I find that when I do have energy, I need to be careful to not over do it and then keeps me going at a good level longer. This probably isn't much help to you so hopefully someone else will chime in.
Old 06-16-2012, 01:34 PM   #57  
Started IP 06.12.12

I have heard of people alternating their lunch and dinner. See if that helps. When I experience the tiredness I take a shot of espresso and perks me right up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skini mini View Post

Hi all,
Thanks!
Old 06-16-2012, 01:52 PM   #58  

Height: 5'2"

Thanks KitKat169! I am also hypothyroid, haven't had my TSH checked in a while maybe due to quick weight loss my levels are off. Something to check....

Jmuroff1, Yes I guess I do switch my meals around on the weekend due to eating out at lunch. I seem to be less hungry throughout the day when I do that.
Maybe I'll have to try that consistently for a while. Hubby won't mind!
Thanks!
Old 06-16-2012, 02:03 PM   #59  
Started IP 1/16/2012

Location: Pine Mountain, Georgia & on a little lake in NE Michigan

S/C/G: 291/171.4/175

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by kmstacy View Post
WingnutandMe I have a question..not about IP but cars..I got my husband an old bug baja for fathers day and he is going to restore it he is great at the mechanical things but never done body work so question is what do you recommend for the metal roof there is no headliner just a bunch of glue were one was..and what about re upholstering ..do you do that your self or how do you find someone??
A baja bug, those are fun. About 18 months ago, I traded my Harley for a custom pink bug with hand air brushed butterflies. The lady that had it had stuck pictures of butterflies all over the headliner. Most had fallen off and left glue stains. I bought a new headliner from ebay, then I traded the bug before any work was done on it. Besides ebay, there are also a lot of online places that specialize in just bug stuff. As for upholstery, we have purchased a used upholstery machine, but haven't tried yet. I've sewn for myself since I was about 7, so don't think it can be that complicated. For any work you don't do yourself, a recommendation is always the best. Go to a car show, any car show, not just bugs. Ask around who people use for their upholstery work. You can get an idea of who is popular and good with the enthusiasts that way.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KitKat169 View Post
I'm also at a milestone period where I spent 3 years after losing weight, then ballooned up again before starting IP. I've been wondering if my last two lower loss weeks are part of my body remembering where it liked to be. The good news is the at least the clothes I had from that period are all fitting me again, some even a little better. Hope you break through this soon.
How interesting. You started four days before I did. and we started almost at the same weight and are down about the same. I am like you too in the respect of having my old clothes from before and finding they do fit a little better. Now to figure how to keep moving along. I knew this would be a long journey, but I hate these times that seem to be lengthening the trip.

I've already being more vigilant on my portions.

Molly
Old 06-16-2012, 02:07 PM   #60  

S/C/G: 225/214/150

Height: 5'6"

Hey, everyone! I'm only on day five and I already feel like a mini chef! Haha...any of you feel that way?

Question: When we measure 2c of veggies, do we measure raw or cooked? I just made an omelet with 1 1/2 c mushrooms and 1/2 c onions and peppers. When it was done, the veggies only equaled a cup. Thoughts?
Closed Thread