Closed Thread

Old 06-17-2012, 04:20 PM   #151  
Began IP 3-29-2012

S/C/G: 470/316/220

Height: 6'00"

Quote:
Originally Posted by sneuse View Post
Happy Fathers Day everyone! I look forward to spending it OP and with my family. First WI tomorrow after starting Phase 2.... nervous I won't have lost any or much but hey, what can you do at this point? Just gotta suck it up and keep going!

Happy Fathers Day and congratulations!! I don't personally own one, but my mom got one for Christmas at work and I use it constantly. I'd save up and buy my own except I have a MacBook I spent WAY too much on after graduating college and barely use it as it is. You're gonna LOVE it. Also, thanks for the input on the onion powder!
I bought my wife one for Christmas, we've all enjoyed it. I had a small Dell tablet that I liked but it died a few months ago.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kmc1021 View Post
Hey Ya'll! Happy father's day to the dad's. Today is a hard day for me. I lost my father when I was a teen and since I can't have kids, it is super hard on my husband.

I feel like I am in a rut. I have been more hungry lately, I want to "cheat" because I feel like I am getting burnt out. I know that in a few weeks I will have at least one "normal" meal and it isn't worth it to me to give in now, but I WANT TO!! It has been hard the last couple days. It doesn't make matters any better that DH complains all the time about not being able to eat this, or that and he wants to cheat and he is going to cheat. I wish he wouldn't have done this, I know it is wrong of me to say, but it makes it a million times harder on me. I think my biggest problem is that, yeah I lost 30 lbs, but this is where I was just a year or so ago, so I feel like I have gotten no where. Plus my losses are getting smaller and smaller. I just need to suck it up and deal with it!! I may end up having an extra drink today because I am THAT hungry. Had my drink this morning at 7 and I am going to gnaw my arm off and eat that I am so hungry. Don't know why.
I might have already asked but is adoption something you've considered. That is how I ended up with my three little angles. It's the best thing that ever happened to me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by patns View Post
Happy Father's day Vet and other dads.
This made me smile because I remembered your picture of all the stuff you took out of your pocket when you went to weigh in. I could picture the ipad coming out with all that other stuff.

You will have a great time with it especially with your son at his age.

I could really relate to you comment about hitting a moose with a car. I am originally from Nova Scotia and my sister was very lucky to escape with her life when totalling her car by hitting a moose in Maine.
I am in Alberta now and a dearly loved woman from our small town was killed last year when she struck a moose outside our subdivision.
I had not thought before about the difference in size of the moose between these two areas.

Pat
What stuff?

Yeah I was lucky my moose was small even by VT standards, it was a baby really around 300 pounds but big enough on the interstate to make a mess.

Last edited by usmcvet; 06-17-2012 at 04:21 PM.
Old 06-17-2012, 04:25 PM   #152  

S/C/G: 204/143/135

Height: 5' 1"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stefany1769 View Post

I got an email from my senior coach today saying good job on my weight loss and that I'm doing great and almost there. Then she says that my ideal weight range is 121 - 139 in order to have a healthy body fat percentage.

All of the research I have done and reading dont agree with the weight range she is recommending. I am really unsure what to believe at this point. Before I felt like I was close to my goal and that I was almost there, now I feel like I have so much farther to go.
Well I am built much closer to the ground but would like to comment on this. I kept going back to your stats to see if I am misunderstanding something. You are 5'9" right? She thinks you can be as low as 121??? That makes no sense to me.

It was my understanding when I was younger (this changes with age) that for the "average" healthy weight for your size you take a baseline of 100 pounds for 5 feet and add 5 pounds for every inch more in height. That would make 145 for you especially since you have a medium frame. You probably would be fine a few pounds more than that.

I am 128 at 5'1". My doctor is quite insistent I don't go below that (I am older) because he says statistics show that people at the higher end of the healthy range live longest.

Pat

Pat
Old 06-17-2012, 04:36 PM   #153  

S/C/G: 204/143/135

Height: 5' 1"

Quote:
I am not an emotional eater at all. When I am upset or depressed I don't eat and I clean and organize. My husband even made mention that he doesn't know how I put on weight like I did because I don't binge or even eat a lot of junk food. I love fruits and choose healthier foods. I gained majority of my weight from medication to help with depression, hereditary high blood pressure and PCOS. I put on the rest of my weight when I was working from 7am to 11pm and only had time for food in the car, only had a McDonalds in town, and so I put on weight. With PCOS and being insulin resistant it is virtually impossible to lose weight.

I love to cook, absolutely love it, but I feel I am so restricted while on IP that I don't cook a lot. 99% of my meal are grilled steak and chicken. The ore 1% is ham. I don't do fish or seafood at all. I do all different seasonings, but there are only so many options out there. That is why I am getting burnt out. I don't want to cheat so I can eat a bag of chips, I want to cook like I used to (which was not unhealthily, but had a few carbs and fat).

I do realize that a lot of health problems come from weight, but it is hard for me to take that seriously when my mother, who was very thin, and in good health, had a massive heart attack and died when she was 36. To me I have always though, what is the point in trying to lose weight, it didn't save my mother.

I just have an extreme hunger these last two or three days. By noon I have drank over 100 ozs of water and had a salad and a bar and a drink and am starving.
Sorry I misinterpreted your original post. I thought you meant you were having problems because father's day is so difficult for you.

If you are so phyically hungry it must be your body telling you you need to eat more.

I certainly understand about the difficulty of losing weight with PCOS. That is how I came to 204 pounds at 5'1". I learned about IP from the PCOS section of 3fat chicks.

This way of eating if the only way I could lose weight because of my PCOS but we are all different and have to see what works for us.
Old 06-17-2012, 04:36 PM   #154  
Started IP 2/23/2012

S/C/G: 192.2/142.4/140

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
I originally put my weight goal at 150# and I just lowered it to 145 yesterday. I am 5'9" tall and have a medium frame. My Body fat percentage according to the machine at my IP center is at 34%. I thought by lowering my goal weight to 145 I would then end up in the healthy percent range for my age (32). Is this right? Is the healthy percent range for women 20-30%?

I got an email from my senior coach today saying good job on my weight loss and that Im doing great and almost there. Then she says that my ideal weight range is 121 - 139 in order to have a healthy body fat percentage.

All of the research I have done and reading dont agree with the weight range she is recommending. I am really unsure what to believe at this point. Before I felt like I was close to my goal and that I was almost there, now I feel like I have so much farther to go.

I would really like to get other peoples opinions on this. If there are any women out there that are around the same height could you tell me what your coach is telling you? Or if you just know your stuff your opinions are welcome!

I guess what is happening is I felt like I had a concrete place to be and now I feel like the bottom was dropped out from underneath me.
The body fat range for women your age should be between 21%-32%. I am giving you information directly from the manufacture of the body fat machine they are using at our clinic. I am going to try and get to 27% because I want to be in the middle for my age. You are the one who decideds your goal, not your coach!!!
Weight range is 139-157

Last edited by mooselover; 06-17-2012 at 04:40 PM.
Old 06-17-2012, 04:51 PM   #155  

S/C/G: 179.6 on a quest to 140

Height: 5' 3''

I have limited ingredients but have hamburger thawed for supper - any suggestions on what to make?
A variation of meatballs maybe?
I have WF BBQ sauce, eggs, & limited veggies (mushroom, onions, bell peppers, spinach, tomato & celery)4
Old 06-17-2012, 04:57 PM   #156  

S/C/G: 217/155/146

Height: 5.5

Quote:
Originally Posted by LosingLawyer View Post
I also have a quick question for those of you using IP Products - what's your opinion of the potato puree? I'm not a big fake mashed potato fan, but these have me intrigued. I've seen lots of great recipes for them (putting them in soups, turning them into tortillas, etc.), but are they good on their own?
YES ! They are very good !

Last edited by SoSo; 06-17-2012 at 05:02 PM.
Old 06-17-2012, 05:41 PM   #157  

S/C/G: 219.2/188.6/170

Height: 5'10"

Did WI #2 today....down 4.2, for a total of 10.4. Pretty excited about that. But, I've just been craving ANYTHING lately! We're having my parents over for dinner tonight -- grilled chicken, asparagus and salad. Can't wait!!!!!

Happy Father's day to all the Dads on here!!
Old 06-17-2012, 06:03 PM   #158  
~Kelly~

S/C/G: 229.4/189.4/150

Height: 5'5

Quote:
Originally Posted by usmcvet View Post
I might have already asked but is adoption something you've considered. That is how I ended up with my three little angles. It's the best thing that ever happened to me.
We have been through everything these last 11 years. IUI, IVF, Foster program and adoption. After so many fails you just give up. I decided last fall that I was throwing the towel in and was done. It is too emotional and for the past 11 years we have focused solely on having a family and not enough time for ourselves. What a beautiful family you have!!

Quote:
Sorry I misinterpreted your original post. I thought you meant you were having problems because father's day is so difficult for you.

If you are so phyically hungry it must be your body telling you you need to eat more.

I certainly understand about the difficulty of losing weight with PCOS. That is how I came to 204 pounds at 5'1". I learned about IP from the PCOS section of 3fat chicks.

This way of eating if the only way I could lose weight because of my PCOS but we are all different and have to see what works for us.
It's okay. I just don't like the day is all, but there are many of those through the year! I think I am one of the only people who lose weight around Christmas because it is so depressing for me, I spend the whole time cleaning and organizing my house!

I HATE PCOS and am thinking of going in for a hysterectomy. At my last visit I talked to my GYN and she thinks it is a good option. So once I have emotionally prepared myself I will go in for one!
Old 06-17-2012, 06:13 PM   #159  
Started IP 1/16/2012

Location: Pine Mountain, Georgia & on a little lake in NE Michigan

S/C/G: 291/171.4/175

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by JackBs Mom View Post
I have limited ingredients but have hamburger thawed for supper - any suggestions on what to make?
I have WF BBQ sauce, eggs, & limited veggies (mushroom, onions, bell peppers, spinach, tomato & celery)4
I have this IP friendly recipe for meatballs in my recipe collection. Then, maybe take your veggies and make roasted or sauteed veggies.

Baked Meatballs
1 pound lean ground beef
2 tsp dry minced onion
½ tsp garlic powder
1-2 eggs
½ tsp sea salt
¼ tsp pepper
Other seasonings to taste
Directions
Mix all ingredients together in a large bowl, mix should not be too wet, start with 1 egg if too dry add the second, shape meat into golf size balls, place on baking sheet with sides bake at 375⁰ for 15-20 minutes until meatballs are cooked through.

Sautéed veggies

Use 2 tablespoons of EVOO, a spoonful of hot mustard, add minced garlic, sea salt,& dried red pepper flakes...... all in a large skillet bring to a med to high heat.... chop your veggies (mix them up from time to time) into bite size pieces (broccoli, asparagus, zucchini, mushrooms, spinach,peppers even some snow peas)... add to EVOO and simmer until desired veggie texture..... it's delish!!!!
Old 06-17-2012, 06:44 PM   #160  
Began IP 3-29-2012

S/C/G: 470/316/220

Height: 6'00"

Quote:
We have been through everything these last 11 years. IUI, IVF, Foster program and adoption. After so many fails you just give up. I decided last fall that I was throwing the towel in and was done. It is too emotional and for the past 11 years we have focused solely on having a family and not enough time for ourselves. What a beautiful family you have!!
!
Thank you. I'm sorry to hear about the tough times. I know IVF was tough for us too. We did three cycles. The last one my wife did for me. She was really done after two. There isn't much one can say but here is a huge hug from me to you!
Old 06-17-2012, 06:53 PM   #161  
04/23/12~Kara

S/C/G: 194.8/171.2/135

Height: 5'7"

Question :?: Heat Exhaustion :?:

Hey guys, just inside from the 90 degree weather and motorcycle building. Haven't had time to read any posts yet, just exhausted when we finish at night. Last night was 2:15AM, ugh. Today is not looking promising. So I was outside with the guys, running around and helping like I do, and all of a sudden I got stomach cramps (didn't have a "morning 'do' " so could be related), I go inside, change into my comfy light weight pants / capri thingies, and start getting nauseous and light headed. I've drank probably 100+ oz of water so far today but with the heat it isn't even really keeping me cool. Just licked some salt and pounded down another 16 ounce bottle of water, but my stomach is still hurting It suckethes...Any advise on shaking this heat exhaustion? I don't want to push to the point of heat stroke but DH is still outside pounding away so I don't want to leave him hanging...
Old 06-17-2012, 07:05 PM   #162  

S/C/G: 195/141.6/145

Height: 5' 9"

Quote:
Originally Posted by sneuse View Post
Thanks, I'd actually already read through that all but it didn't really say anything about onion powder. Just about actual onions.
You can also use dried minced onions.
Quote:
Originally Posted by newmom7611 View Post
ahhhh the most amazing dinner!!! ladies and gents, i'm thinking of compiling a "cook book" of all the best dinners i made on phase one. my husband keeps bugging me to do it. he's NOT EVEN ON THE DIET! lol he said "you could seriously make people love this diet." he doesn't eat much meat usually (grew up vegetarian).. and he had seconds tonight. i'd say he ate upwards of 13-15 oz of this chicken.. he usually maxes out at 4 oz of meat per meal. omgosh my belly loves me right now lol.
Quote:
Originally Posted by newmom7611 View Post
Thank you ladies!! These are spinach stuffed Herbed chicken breast tenders with tomato topping (I had steamed broccoli on the side and it was great). First I took a gallon sized one zip and started a marinade. Juice from one lemon, about 2-3 cap fulls of apple cider vinegar, 2 teaspoons on paprika, 1 teaspoon of dried oregano. Coat chicken and let sit in the fridge for an hour. When ready to prepare chicken, "butterfly" it and stuff some spinach leaves in there, fold back over.. Salt and pepper over the top. Broil for 7-9 minutes on each side. When you put that in the oven, start on the tomato topping. I used grape tomatoes. Half them and put them in sauté pan along with one Jalepano, 3 garlic cloves (minced), olive oil and a spash of AC vinegar. Sauté on low-medium low until tomatoes begin to soften an burst. I poured it over the top of the chicken when it was almost done and picked some basil, parsley, and Rosemary from the garden and put that over the top as well. Seriously amazing
I would pay for your cookbook, you always have such yummy ones!
Thank you for this recipe, it looks really yummy and it is something i can make for my whole family!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Volly View Post
Exciting day today! I have been avoiding shopping because I just wanted to wait until I was closer to goal, but I am leaving for DC and I need a suit. I had so much fun trying on clothes today... I have gone from a 16-18 to a 12, and it feels great! I even went down 1/2 a size in shoes... go figure! Now I have a new suit, new shoes, and I am headed to DC in a week. I hope everyone is having a wonderful weekend.
WooooHooo!!! Your on fire, hot mama!

Quote:
Originally Posted by chicagoboiler View Post
I just wanted to share my food victories for the last two days: Friday night I mentor college students and they picked the place for me to eat with them. I tried to do research but brough my veggies just in case in my purse with dressing. I ordered a salad and chicken breast. Turns out the chicken is pre-marinated and after one bite I could taste the sweetness so I immediately threw it away. I ate what I had and when I got home had my protein. It was a huge win for me since I would have loved to have eaten the sweet chicken or anything else in this restaurant since it's one of my favs...but I conquered it.

Tonight my fiancé and I had two back to back BBQs. We pre planned big time. We fixed a normal dessert for everyone which was a feat in itself during the baking stages and not licking or grabbing a bite. Then we made our own burger to bring to grill and brought lettuce and parchment paper to wrap it in. We had to practice restraint at both places with all the wonderful food. The second place we ate our veggies and restricted snack and we felt great. We received many compliments on our progress and we knew it was worth the effort in the end. The day ended with him saying my pants were too big on me and me purchasing a new pair of jeans that were comfortably a 14. It's been a good weekend so far to say the least :-)
You and your fiance are doing great and making all the right choices. Way to go!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by GGee View Post
Hello everyone. This is my first time on this site. I have been on the IP diet for the past 4 weeks. Started week 5 this past Thursday. I have lost 14 pounds so far and have another 52 to go! Your stories are very inspiring. The recipes sound delicious. So thank you!! Popcorn is my weakness. I have on two occasions put around 5-10 kernels in my mouth before walking away. I am wishing for the day I can eat pizza and popcorn. Those two cravings have not gone away. I hope it will.
You have done great!!
I miss pizza too, and I didnt even eat the take out stuff that often. I always made my WW homemade recipe...

Quote:
Originally Posted by mooselover View Post
Happy Father's Day to all the wonderful Dad's out there!!!

I am up very early today...my bulging discs did not appreciate the 4-wheeling trip yesterday. I am in a lot of pain and couldn't sleep. So I took some pain meds and am sitting here with some heat on my back.

The 4-wheeling trip was fun, but a little sad as well. One of our favorite trails (Ferry Trail) has been taken over by construction equipment. It is so sad to see the Alaska Wilderness destroyed like that. A wind farm is being constructed, so they are in the process of making the "trail" into a road. We had to leave early due to wind, dust, and way too many construction vehicles. Needless to say, we didn't see any Moose. I am sure they are being pushed out of the area with all that construction going on. It was fun while it lasted, and we will have to find a new favorite place to ride.
I havent been out there myself, but i know what you are talkling about. It seems like whenever I drive anywhere now I think 'oh where did that place come from? I didnt know they were building there.'
I so feel your pain on the bulging disks. I have a few from when I went through the carpentars apprenticeship and it can be really painful. I hope your pain goes away soon!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karen71 View Post
Happy Father's Day to all the dads out there and the moms who play dual role. Have a great day.

Had WI# 6 yesterday...down 3.2 lbs! WOO HOO!!! And it is TOM so definitely looking forward to my next WI. Looking forward to reaching the 220's! That would be the lowest I have been in over 30 yrs. Getting so excited!!!!
Hope everyone enjoys the rest of their weekend. Congrats to all the losers out there. Here's to a great OP Day!
Great job!!! That is a big achievement, I bet you feel awesome!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beck81 View Post
I made some muffins this morning with Healthwise maple oatmeal and they turned out pretty good. I spread some WF caramel dip on them and it made 9 muffins. I've only ate 5 so far and I am full. They didn't deflat too much either. I just winged it but here is the recipe.
2 egg whites
2 tbls water or so
Vanilla (didn't measure)
Cinnamon (to taste)
1/4 tsp baking powder
1 stevia packet
Wisk together until foamy and then slowly add oatmeal packet. Put in pam sprayed muffin tins, one level measuring tbls. Should make nine. I baked for about 12 min, then shut the oven off and left in for 5 more.

Sorry, it's not an exact recipe as I just tried them.
Thank you for the recipe, I enjoy seeing all the inventive ways everyone is finding to make tasty & yummy treats!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skini mini View Post
Stefany1769: my walking intensity is not high so I don't feel as though I am overdoing it and a couple of days I have tried adding another packet. It would be great to get that elusive energy that everyone is talking about!
I hope you find some more energy!!! It can be a real drag to be tired all of the time.
Quote:
Originally Posted by LosingLawyer View Post
I also have a quick question for those of you using IP Products - what's your opinion of the potato puree? I'm not a big fake mashed potato fan, but these have me intrigued. I've seen lots of great recipes for them (putting them in soups, turning them into tortillas, etc.), but are they good on their own?
Thank you for asking this, I am interested in the responses too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WingnutandMe View Post
Some of the comments on here may be somewhat helpful. They don't address BMI as much as maybe you're hoping to hear. I just don't see goal weight being a "black and white" easy answer (I question mine daily). There are soooo many factors to take into account.

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/idea...al-weight.html

Molly
Thank you Molly, this was really helpful. I think I just had an emotional moment... I thought I was so close and was doing great and then I get an email talking about going even lower! I feel healthier. I look healthier and most of my tummy is gone. I think what is left is from having two c-sections and they cut through your muscles, so I dont think my tummy will look like it used to. But I am happy with how I look now. I think I will feel better at 145 than at 150, but if I get there and I think it is 'too thin' I will just phase off. Thank you again, this did help.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Porthardygurl View Post
Good Morning IP Peeps...

Well its a sad sad day here in Port Hardy...Our fridge died today!!!! I went into my fridge this morning to get my daughter some yougurt for breakfast and noticed that the container felt warm..upon sticking my finger in the yogurt, i noticed it was warm..so i began to feel everything else in the fridge and it was warm including my delicious chicken!!!! It was a sad moment to say the least..It looks like we will be going fridge shopping...

I guess the nice thing is...the packets dont require refrigeration and my hunny and daughter have canned soup and other dried goods to last until we get a fridge...Sigh..at least the freezer still works...Weird hey? Fridge part died...freezer works...which is good..cause there is a lot of meat in the freezer.
I just wanted to say, be careful your freezer may go too! My fridge died on me earlier this winter (luckily it was winter!!!) and my freezer was still working.... but only for another 24 hours. So keep a close eye on all that meat!

Quote:
Originally Posted by foxxybrown View Post
Hey USMCVET!!! Just came back from a IP Seminar and I met your Coach!! Told her how inspiring you are and she agreed and said you are truly an awesome person!
Learned alot from the seminar and it definitely helped me to understand the diet more so that I will do well as well as help my clients even more. Hoping everyone is enjoying their weekend!! And Happy Father's Day to all the fathers out there!
I think this is so cool!! You got to meet his coach!

Quote:
Well I am built much closer to the ground but would like to comment on this. I kept going back to your stats to see if I am misunderstanding something. You are 5'9" right? She thinks you can be as low as 121??? That makes no sense to me.

It was my understanding when I was younger (this changes with age) that for the "average" healthy weight for your size you take a baseline of 100 pounds for 5 feet and add 5 pounds for every inch more in height. That would make 145 for you especially since you have a medium frame. You probably would be fine a few pounds more than that.

I am 128 at 5'1". My doctor is quite insistent I don't go below that (I am older) because he says statistics show that people at the higher end of the healthy range live longest.

Pat

Pat
Thank you for this post. I did a lot of research on this issue this morning and I just couldnt see how my weight wasnt healthy. Maybe I just took it the wrong way. I just thought I was so close to goal and then to be told I should add more on to that. lol Im just being sensitive. Your post helped me to see the numbers better. Thank you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mooselover View Post
The body fat range for women your age should be between 21%-32%. I am giving you information directly from the manufacture of the body fat machine they are using at our clinic. I am going to try and get to 27% because I want to be in the middle for my age. You are the one who decideds your goal, not your coach!!!
Weight range is 139-157
That is what I thought my coach had told me too, that is why I was so confused when I am only 2% over that. I think that 145 will be a great weight. I agree, it is my descision and I am just going to have to stick to it! lol Thanks for your help

Quote:
Originally Posted by julied31 View Post
Did WI #2 today....down 4.2, for a total of 10.4. Pretty excited about that. But, I've just been craving ANYTHING lately! We're having my parents over for dinner tonight -- grilled chicken, asparagus and salad. Can't wait!!!!!

Happy Father's day to all the Dads on here!!
Yummy your dinner sounds great and you had a great WI!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by WingnutandMe View Post
I have this IP friendly recipe for meatballs in my recipe collection. Then, maybe take your veggies and make roasted or sauteed veggies.

Baked Meatballs
1 pound lean ground beef
2 tsp dry minced onion
½ tsp garlic powder
1-2 eggs
½ tsp sea salt
¼ tsp pepper
Other seasonings to taste
Directions
Mix all ingredients together in a large bowl, mix should not be too wet, start with 1 egg if too dry add the second, shape meat into golf size balls, place on baking sheet with sides bake at 375⁰ for 15-20 minutes until meatballs are cooked through.

Sautéed veggies

Use 2 tablespoons of EVOO, a spoonful of hot mustard, add minced garlic, sea salt,& dried red pepper flakes...... all in a large skillet bring to a med to high heat.... chop your veggies (mix them up from time to time) into bite size pieces (broccoli, asparagus, zucchini, mushrooms, spinach,peppers even some snow peas)... add to EVOO and simmer until desired veggie texture..... it's delish!!!!
This sounds delish! This thread is just a hotbead of recipes today!!

Sorry for the length of this post, I didnt realize I had bookmarked so many!
Old 06-17-2012, 07:06 PM   #163  
Started IP 1/16/2012

Default Over the top stir fry

DH and I try to have stir fry about once a week. I've always just stir-fried the chicken in some EVOO, garlic, and Chinese chili, but I recently found this recipe and just tried it. It made the chicken and stir-fry so much better. I had to pass it on.
Molly

MOO SHU CHICKEN
Marinade:
3 Tablespoons soy sauce
1 Tablespoon sesame oil
1 clove garlic, crushed
1 teaspoon grated fresh ginger
½ teaspoon Chinese Five Spice powder
Stir-fry:
1 lb. chicken, cut into �-inch strips
2 medium stalks celery, thinly sliced
3 cloves crushed garlic
1 Tablespoon grated fresh ginger
6 oz. fresh shitake mushrooms, sliced into ½-inch strips
1 cup sliced green onion (scallions) - about 6 onions
4 cups sliced cabbage (½-inch strips)
8 oz. bean sprouts (mung beans are good, or any type intended for stir-frying)
1 Tablespoon soy sauce
1 Tablespoon oil (vegetable or olive)
Preparation:
1. Mix together marinade ingredients, add chicken, and mix to coat.
2. Prepare vegetables, and grate ginger and garlic so everything will be ready.
3. Heat large skillet on medium-high heat with vegetable or olive oil. When the oil is hot, add the chicken, and stir-fry until just cooked through, probably 3 to 4 minutes depending upon how thick you cut the chicken. Remove chicken from pan.
4. Add the sesame oil, then the celery, ginger, and garlic. Saute for one minute.
5. Add the vegetables in the following order, stir-frying for 1 to 2 minutes after each addition: mushrooms, onions, cabbage, bean sprouts.
6. Add the soy sauce and the chicken. Toss to combine.
Old 06-17-2012, 07:09 PM   #164  

S/C/G: 185/121/125

Height: 5'3

Quote:
Originally Posted by JackBs Mom View Post
I know I'm probably a little late but these are perfect ingredients for mini meatloafs!! Instead of egg and breadcrumbs for filling, use chopped green pepper, spinach, add some onion flakes or powder.. I massaged the WF BBQ through out. Form mixture into ~4 oz mini meatloafs on baking dish.. If you're using the tomatoes, you could make a ketchup like sauce to spread over the top by making a tomato purée with some vinegar and splenda and spices. Be sure to stick to your 2 cups of veggies. It's easy to go over on this dish but it is so yummy hope you enjoy it!
Old 06-17-2012, 07:12 PM   #165  
Started IP 1/16/2012

Quote:
This thread is just a hotbead of recipes today!!
LOL. I just added one more.

Molly
Closed Thread