Closed Thread

Old 06-14-2012, 06:29 PM   #121  

S/C/G: 249/209/140

Height: 5' 7"

Quote:
Originally Posted by LizRR View Post
I'm not really well versed on appropriate Alternative products. The only one I've been comfortable with are the EAS Carb Control RTDs. At first glance it [Lindora Parisian Toast] looks like similar stats to some of the IP restricted products.
Thanks LizRR. I thought it looked similar in stats to the IP products too. Though, note that that nutritional info is based on a serving size of 1/2 packet. Although for me, as a vegetarian, it's decent because if I don't want eggs or tofu for my dinner, I could have a full packet of the toast with my salad. Seems too good to be true (although maybe it tastes yucky). Just want to be careful.
Old 06-14-2012, 06:48 PM   #122  

S/C/G: restart 9/2/14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shimu View Post
Last night I tried something new. I got a low carb wheat tortilla (2 net carbs), spread both sides with butter flavor Pam (no carbs), heated one side then flipped it, spread a mixture of splenda and cinnamon on it (trace carbs) and added a teaspoon of Polaner sugar free/fiber grape jelly (2 carbs). I rolled it up and it was great. A fantastic warm snack for a little over 4 carbs. I had two of these instead of a bar. It was filling and and satisfying.
Not allowed, sorry. You can't even compare the protein in a bar to a low carb tortilla. Is there even any protein in the tortilla?

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeauxTigers82 View Post
Questions- beef jerky with pepper ok, right? Also - I bought salmon burgers and the ingredients were salmon, salt, garlic, and onion.... Is this ok? Thanks!!
No on the beef jerky, but the salmon looks okay as salmon is on the approved list. Jerky isn't.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Satobb View Post
Can we have green chili?
Are all of the ingredients on the protocol sheet? If no, then you can't have it unless it's 0/0/0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bdmom View Post
Longhorn, LizRR - I saw your comments about the tortilla and that it's a big NO.
I am curious what you think of a Lindora product called Parisian Toast. The ingredients and nutritional information are below. It seemed OP to me, but I am not sure - it has semolina and I think that's a grain.

Ingredients Protein Blend (Pea Protein Isolate, Dried Egg White), Water, Durum Semolina (Durum Semolina, Enrichment [Niacin, Iron, Thiamine Mononitrate, Riboflavin, Folic Acid]), Wheat Semolina, Gum Arabic, Mono- and Diglycerides, Bamboo Fiber, Yeast, Citric Acid.

Nutrition Facts
Serving Size: 1/2 packet
(6 servings per box)

Amount Per Serving
Calories 110
Fat 2.5g
Usable/Total Carbs 5g/10g
Protein 15g
I think the durum semolina would make it a No.
Old 06-14-2012, 06:50 PM   #123  
Ideal Protein April 27/12

S/C/G: 215 / Ticker / 165

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bdmom View Post
Longhorn, LizRR - I saw your comments about the tortilla and that it's a big NO.
I am curious what you think of a Lindora product called Parisian Toast. The ingredients and nutritional information are below. It seemed OP to me, but I am not sure - it has semolina and I think that's a grain.

Ingredients Protein Blend (Pea Protein Isolate, Dried Egg White), Water, Durum Semolina (Durum Semolina, Enrichment [Niacin, Iron, Thiamine Mononitrate, Riboflavin, Folic Acid]), Wheat Semolina, Gum Arabic, Mono- and Diglycerides, Bamboo Fiber, Yeast, Citric Acid.

Nutrition Facts
Serving Size: 1/2 packet
(6 servings per box)

Amount Per Serving
Calories 110
Fat 2.5g
Usable/Total Carbs 5g/10g
Protein 15g
I would have to say no...again like Lizrr, im not into the alternatives, but if I was, this is what I see:
We are not allowed peas, and first ingredient, pea isolate (concentrated protein from peas) may be allowed but I doubt it...
Duram semolina is wheat, plain and simple...
Wheat semolina is more wheat, even more plain to see...

Heres my rule, it it looks like bread, a bun, a cracker, a chip, anything you may make a sandwhich out of or put cheese on lol its likely not on plan.
Old 06-14-2012, 07:06 PM   #124  
Started IP 2/23/2012

S/C/G: 192.2/142.4/140

Height: 5'5"

Just Follow The Plan!!! It Works!!!
Old 06-14-2012, 07:11 PM   #125  
Started IP 11/28/2011

S/C/G: 268.6/174.0/160

Height: 5'6"

Default Success is the way for me

Success is nothing more than a few simple disciplines practiced everyday; while failure is simply a few errors in judgement repeated everyday. It is the accumulative weight of our disciplines and our judgements that leads us to either fortune or failure.

So it is with our decisions to stay 100% OP every single day.
Not sure who the author is.
Old 06-14-2012, 07:18 PM   #126  

S/C/G: 249/209/140

Quote:
Originally Posted by Longhorn Energy View Post
I would have to say no...again like Lizrr, im not into the alternatives, but if I was, this is what I see:
We are not allowed peas, and first ingredient, pea isolate (concentrated protein from peas) may be allowed but I doubt it...
Duram semolina is wheat, plain and simple...
Wheat semolina is more wheat, even more plain to see...

Heres my rule, it it looks like bread, a bun, a cracker, a chip, anything you may make a sandwhich out of or put cheese on lol its likely not on plan.
Oh, Longhorn. You make sense (as does DanafromAustin). I was hoping that the nutritional stats being so similar to IP products would make it ok. Sigh. Not to be. Oh, how I was looking forward to having that toast with tomato bruschetta (2x/wk).

Last edited by Bdmom; 06-14-2012 at 07:21 PM.
Old 06-14-2012, 07:31 PM   #127  
Started IP 1/18/12

S/C/G: 186.5/127/130

Height: 5'

Quote:
Originally Posted by IPdivajen View Post
Hi all! Super quick check in. So much amazing news in here today I can't even begin to comment on it all but I'm grinning from ear to ear for all the good news. I will say this just quickly though - usmcvet, fanfreakintastic!!! So close to 100lbs. Just amazing! And cadu, I'm over the moon happy for your son. Amazing what feeling good about ourselves can help us accomplish, eh?

My quick NSV for today - I realized that I no longer have to turn sideways to go through the subway turnstyles. Have had to do so all my life - NO MORE!!!! Insanely exciting.
That has to be one of the best NSV's ever!! Congratulations!
Old 06-14-2012, 07:36 PM   #128  

S/C/G: 276/212.4/160

Height: 5'7

I have a question about Ketosticks.....i bought some and tried one tonight. It says i am in medium ketosis.....is this good enough or should i be at a higher level. I'm in week 7 of IP and i am losing but thought by now i should be at the max ketosis level.
Old 06-14-2012, 07:44 PM   #129  
Started IP April 27, 2011

S/C/G: 408//199/199

Height: 5'8

I know we have a lot of newbies floating around so I thought I would post a link to my progress video's for everyone to see. If you would like to subscribe to my channel please do so, you will be alerted when a new video is posted
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KN_7...ayer_embedded#!
Old 06-14-2012, 07:53 PM   #130  
Restarted 9/4/2013

S/C/G: 194.5/194.5/145

Height: 5'9"

Wow, lots of "losers" today! Awesome job. Wuv, love the new pics on your signature line, you look great. USMC - nice job, everybody else, too many to reply to each "High Five"
Old 06-14-2012, 07:54 PM   #131  

S/C/G: 214/211/150

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cadu View Post
Good Morning Everybody

I am happy to report that my son has FINALLY gotten a job. He is 21 and had received his certified nursing assistant license in January. He has been going on interviews but no luck till now. He started IP alternatives about 5 weeks ago and has lost over 30 pounds so far. I cant help to think that this has helped him in getting this job. I hate to think this way but it is how I feel. even though he has another 90 pounds or so to go, losing this 30 + has given him more confidence, a sparkle in his eye and he looks more put together. It ws almost painful to watch him as he tried to find something suitable to wear that fit to the interviews, but now that is not a problem. If losing 30 pounds has changed his life this much.. I just cant wait to see whats in store for him when he hits goal. My heart is so happy for him right now. ok enough of that mushy stuff.

I hope everyone has a wonderful OP day
Good for him! and YES, of course his weight would be a factor. Alot of jobs weight doesn't have an effect, but nursing is such an active job that you have to be in good shape, esp. these days when they understaff. Tell him to keep up the good work!
Old 06-14-2012, 08:00 PM   #132  

Quote:
Originally Posted by usmcvet View Post
WHOOSH!

I cried at weigh in. Down 92 pounds even in 12 weeks.
OMG that is FAntasTIC....that has to be a record!
Old 06-14-2012, 08:02 PM   #133  

Quote:
Originally Posted by mooselover View Post
Just Follow The Plan!!! It Works!!!
You are almost to goal. Congrats, you look great
Old 06-14-2012, 08:14 PM   #134  
Foxxybrown

S/C/G: 233/see ticker/160

Height: 5'9.5"

Hello Everyone!! I got my Ticker!!!!! This has been an interesting week...but yes, I was supposed to weigh in yesterday, but my car brakes were really bad, was stranded on the side of the road...but it all worked out in the end!! I got weighed today, and I am down another 4.4 lbs!!! WI#3!!! Yay! So down a total of 21 lbs in just 3 weeks! WOW!!!!!!!!!!!! So excited!!! Can't wait to announce this at the IP seminar this weekend!!! I will be in One-derland soon for the first time in my adult life! Awesomeness!!! Congrats to everyone for their WI and NSVs!!!
Old 06-14-2012, 08:18 PM   #135  
Started IP April 27, 2011

S/C/G: 408//199/199

Height: 5'8

Quote:
Originally Posted by foxxybrown View Post
Hello Everyone!! I got my Ticker!!!!! This has been an interesting week...but yes, I was supposed to weigh in yesterday, but my car brakes were really bad, was stranded on the side of the road...but it all worked out in the end!! I got weighed today, and I am down another 4.4 lbs!!! WI#3!!! Yay! So down a total of 21 lbs in just 3 weeks! WOW!!!!!!!!!!!! So excited!!! Can't wait to announce this at the IP seminar this weekend!!! I will be in One-derland soon for the first time in my adult life! Awesomeness!!! Congrats to everyone for their WI and NSVs!!!
Congrats on your WI
Closed Thread