Closed Thread

Old 06-14-2012, 03:28 PM   #76  

S/C/G: 204/143/135

Height: 5' 1"

Quote:
Originally Posted by usmcvet View Post
WHOOSH!

I cried at weigh in. Down 92 pounds even in 12 weeks.
That is amazing!!!
Good for you.
Come to think of it, I always wanted to cry at Weight Watcher weigh ins!

Pat

Last edited by patns; 06-14-2012 at 03:36 PM.
Old 06-14-2012, 03:29 PM   #77  
Started IP 3/26/12

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by shathom View Post
OMG Vet, that is just wonderful Congrats

I'm down another 3 Lbs for a total of 40 lost in 9 weeks

Congrats to all of us getting healthier!

Smooches
40 lbs lost in 9 weeks is fantastic! Congrats!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrandmaKiss View Post
Good morning Friends,

I spent a half hour quoting and creating a wonderful entry congratulating y'all, but then my computer decided to shut down so:

To everyone that this applies to: congratulations on being such a good example to your son, woderful to share in his victory: Alaska cruise sounds wonderful, just remember that all the decadent desserts they have all taste the same and are not worth it; Woohoo on getting the interview and going in cofident; Who woulda' thought this spring that you would start the summer 90 lbs lighter?; and good job for you following your dreams and going for the degree.

Sorry I lost all the quotes and missed all the names here. I'll hope for better luck tomorrow.

I wanted to share my "lifesaver" for the past couple of weeks.

On my way home from weigh in I go to the grocery and buy all my produce for the week. When i get home I get my HUGE tupperware bowl (it holds 2 gallons). Then I turn on a fun show and sit infront of the tv slicing and dicing all the select vegies I like in a salad (except the lettuce). I make at least a gallon of chopped cukes, zuchinni, broccoli, peppers, cauliflower, red onion, celery, etc. I mix it up, put the lid on, and store in the fridge.

Luncheon salads are Easy Peasy now. I just layer my lettuce in a tupperware top with 2 cups of the vegie mix and put in a single serve packet of WF dressing. Takes 1 minute tops.

My experience is that the mixed veg lasts about 8-10 days before getting wilty and it is so nice to have it all prepared.
That's a great idea. Thx.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cootermom125 View Post
Gooooood morrrrrrnnnning losers!
Congrats to all the great losses and nsv's so far.....too many to quote! It's wonderful to read them daily!

I decided last week that after losing slowly since my first week, that I would cut out restricted items. I LOVE having my cookies and cream bar every night...... So I found an alternative snack.....I make the chocolate pudding into an ice cream type dessert. I will save my bars for Week. Anywho......unofficially I am down 4 pounds since Monday's wi. Sweeeet! Also....nsv.....I'm wearing jeans that I was squeezing into like a sausage casing in January and haven't worn since. And they fit perfectly!! Yippeeeeeeeeeeee!

I truly love this protocol! I've learned how to truly eat well.....educated my df and dd on eating well, and we ALL get in the kitchen and cook. My 6 year old dd gets upset when I don't pack her fruit or veggies in her lunch....she wants healthy food too!
That's a great NSR, fitting into those jeans! And it's great that your whole family is getting into these new healthier habits together.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kikie View Post
Heck yea baby, that dress is a size 9! First time I am able to put in on in 4 years!! I am so excited I also bought new uniforms for work yesterday, larges were way too big so I went with medium. IP is so awesome!

Good afternoon fellow losers and have a great OP day! Congrats on the losses and all the NSVs, every step counts
Size 9 - Now that's a great NSR! I'm looking forward to that day... have a few pairs of size 9 slacks/jeans waiting in my closet.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeauxTigers82 View Post
Good morning, everyone!

I am enjoying my summer and this diet so much. I am a teacher, so it's nice to not have the stress of work while starting this program. My husband had back surgery last week, so he is home with me for the rest of the month. We are having a good time with all of us home (we have a 5 year old and a 2 year old).

I have a ton to do today. I have a doctors appointment this afternoon, I need to go to the grocery, I need to switch my LA license to a TX license, and I need to sign up to take 2 tests for my Texas teaching certificate....ughhh too much to do today

I hope everyone has a great day today!
Sorry about your hubby's surgery. I hope his convalescense is a speedy one.
Hope you were able to accomplish all that you wanted today without wearing yourself out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kellym1021 View Post
Hope everyone is having a wondeful day! So happy to be back on track! Down another 3lbs for a total of 38lbs gone forever!

Congrats to all with the losses this week!! Hope everyone has a great OP day!!
That's great Kelly! Glad you're back on track and having good success again.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MiamiCajun View Post
Hi!! just started IP yesterday and just thought I would say a quick hello to everyone. Love the support this group has to offer and I am so excited now to start my own journey.

Today, Day 2 I weighed myself because I was curious... 5 pounds down. I know that's all water because I was practically in the bathroom all day yesterday. Did that happen to ya'll too when you first started?
Welcome MiamiCajun. Glad you found IP and the 3fatchicks forum. I recall being so worried about the number of times I had to stop and pee during my first week, that I was afraid to go anywhere! I was so relieved when I realized that my nearby supermarket had a public washroom I could use... by doing that, I knew I could (safely) get back home again without a pee-problem!! I certainly got to know where all the washrooms were in the various places I had to frequent that first week. LOL. Still comes in useful some days.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hockeymom40 View Post
Hello everyone! I had my 21st WI yesterday and I was down 2.75 lbs. It amazes me that so much time has passed and I am just as Committed as day one. This diet has been fantastic. I changed my goal back to my original 50 lb goal which is what the clinic has which is only a 6 lb difference. I decided that I want to get done with them and if I feel I want to lose more I will do it on my own since I have learned so much from this forum and all the great helpful participants!
You are looking fantastic! Congrats on being so close to your goal.

Quote:
Originally Posted by enr20707 View Post
I'm so excited, i have renewed energy about the diet. Went to a new clinic and met with the coach and she is awesome! My advice to anyone not happy with their present coach and clinic and have another place available in the area, go for it.
So glad you found a new clinic and coach, and feel re-energized about things. From what I've read on here there is a hugh difference in them. Glad you found one that you truly feel good with.

Quote:
Originally Posted by valarielala View Post
Wow! This is great! A virtual support network where I'll be able to vent, whine, and cheer as this journey goes on! Thanks to everyone for supportive and encouraging words.

One of the things that frustrated me right away was when I ate the herb and cheese omelette and promptly puked it up. It was just awful and I've been extremely wary of trying any of the other packets since then. I've been drinking the premixes and having a restricted snack at the end of the day. My husband is amazing and has appointed himself my personal chef and has been making me great dinners that are all on plan. But, I know that I should be trying the packets to give myself some variety and I've got that omelette experience very much at the front of my brain. I spoke to our IP coach here and she said that was probably a result of "fat mouth" and to try try again. I guess I'll do that!
I wasn't a big fan of the IP omellettes. (I switched over to alternative products fairly early on for $ reasons). Didn't puke them up, but they would have never been a big repeat item with me. But some of the items are quite tasty, and even those that aren't your 'favorites' can certainly be 'doctored' in a variety of ways. Lots of things to try - be brave.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bdmom View Post
Hi everyone. I know we're not supposed to weight ourselves except once a week, but I have an now I am stressing. Last week was my first week on IP and I lost 9.5 pounds! Since Monday (my first WI), I have lost 0. I am 100% OP and am trying to have patience but worrying. I thought the second week would still show big losses. I am still going to be OP having seen so many of your comments in other threads about just doing the program, but is there anything else I should be doing?
Just stay with the program 100%. And if you know it's going to upset you if you do find a 0 or low loss - definitely stay off the scales. It just creates extra stress that you don't need. In fact stress creates cortisol, which only contributes to more difficulties in losing the pounds. So unless you can be really laidback with WHATEVER the scale tells you - don't get on it.
Old 06-14-2012, 03:37 PM   #78  

S/C/G: 360/see ticker/175

Height: 5'8"

Oh my gosh, congrats to all the big losers! Way too many to keep track of, which I like! Just checking in really quickly - busy day at work - to say hi. TOM is here but staying OP 100%. Is it Friday yet? This has been a long week!

Darralyn - good luck on your weigh in!

Cadu - congrats to your son!

mtnsun4 - enjoy the cruise - we did an alaskan cruise a few years ago and LOVED it. kaypix - our cruise to Alaska was on the NCL Sun. I've cruised many times on NCL and enjoyed all their ships.
Old 06-14-2012, 03:39 PM   #79  
- 15lbs and counting!

S/C/G: 183.6/see ticker/140

Quote:
Originally Posted by KBig View Post
IPeeeeeeps!!!! Good Morn'ting.

Zumba was off the hook last nite.... Im moving and jumping more with me losing this weight. I feel amazing...

I WI on Sat morn... pushing for another 4lb loss to make my total 30lbs!!!

Wishing all the losers great losses on their WI's

Get it in. Keep it won'hunnid !!
So is it okay to work out? My coach says no, but I love being active and am walking anyway. I'd love to get back on the elliptical!
Old 06-14-2012, 03:39 PM   #80  

S/C/G: 245/214/125

Height: 5'

Since I'm here and I'm new, I have some questions. I pay $4.42 per packet through our local office. The premixes are over thirty bucks for six. Is this typical? It seems really really exorbitant to me. I bought the EAS lo carb shakes when I ran out last weekend and the coach was mortified when I told her that. I compared everything, and it seemed exact, so I have no idea what the problem was. I really do like the idea of ketosis, and training my body to lose weight, but I am really stuck on how much it relies on their products. I guess I don't have more of a question than the money, but it does strike me as a little odd. Thanks for reading and listening! The only person I have to bounce this stuff off of is my husband and he knows only as much as I do!
Old 06-14-2012, 03:44 PM   #81  
Started IP 06.12.12

S/C/G: 199.4/163.8/140

Height: 5'4"

Hey everyone!! Congrats on all of the successes! Today I had a pina colada drink for breakfast and now i am enjoying a wild berry yogurt drink with collard greens I'm nervous about my first WI on tuesday
Old 06-14-2012, 03:48 PM   #82  

S/C/G: 249/209/140

Height: 5' 7"

Quote:
Originally Posted by evepet View Post
Just stay with the program 100%. And if you know it's going to upset you if you do find a 0 or low loss - definitely stay off the scales. It just creates extra stress that you don't need. In fact stress creates cortisol, which only contributes to more difficulties in losing the pounds. So unless you can be really laidback with WHATEVER the scale tells you - don't get on it.
Thanks evepet. I am not getting on the scale at all until Monday. I will drive myself crazy otherwise.
Old 06-14-2012, 03:51 PM   #83  

S/C/G: 224/215.8/170

Height: 5'9"

Quote:
Originally Posted by valarielala View Post
Since I'm here and I'm new, I have some questions. I pay $4.42 per packet through our local office. The premixes are over thirty bucks for six. Is this typical? It seems really really exorbitant to me. I bought the EAS lo carb shakes when I ran out last weekend and the coach was mortified when I told her that. I compared everything, and it seemed exact, so I have no idea what the problem was. I really do like the idea of ketosis, and training my body to lose weight, but I am really stuck on how much it relies on their products. I guess I don't have more of a question than the money, but it does strike me as a little odd. Thanks for reading and listening! The only person I have to bounce this stuff off of is my husband and he knows only as much as I do!
I think the average is $4 a packet. My boxes are $29 and my fiance goes to a nearby center which is about $1-2 less per box. I've read stories about how certain coaches have been upset about alternatives and this site. Therefore, the only alternative I have used is the EAS shakes so far and I just don't tell them. So far so good. I know each center is different...like I need to log my food and have it reviewed each week but the other center nearby you don't. Your coach might just be a 100% stickler for 100% IP...you'll have to guage it.
Old 06-14-2012, 03:53 PM   #84  
Began IP 3-29-2012

S/C/G: 470/316/220

Height: 6'00"

Shatom way to go WI Buddy! 3# is awesome.
Old 06-14-2012, 03:55 PM   #85  

S/C/G: 208

Height: 5'3"

Quote:
Originally Posted by sangria12 View Post
So is it okay to work out? My coach says no, but I love being active and am walking anyway. I'd love to get back on the elliptical!
My coach said we can do anything as long as we are not winded, you should be able to carry on a conversation while exercising.
Old 06-14-2012, 03:56 PM   #86  
Started IP 12 Apr 12

S/C/G: 270/179/170

Height: 5'4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darralyn View Post
Congratulations!!
Way to go my friend! You are rocking this program!!! Pretty soon we won't be able to recognize you!
Thank you, you are always so kind, you are rocking it also

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hockeymom40 View Post
Hello everyone! I had my 21st WI yesterday and I was down 2.75 lbs. It amazes me that so much time has passed and I am just as Committed as day one. This diet has been fantastic. I changed my goal back to my original 50 lb goal which is what the clinic has which is only a 6 lb difference. I decided that I want to get done with them and if I feel I want to lose more I will do it on my own since I have learned so much from this forum and all the great helpful participants!
Way to go, keep on doing what you're doing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cadu View Post

WHOOOO HOOOOOOOO lady!
Thanks, reading some of your posts keeps me on the straight and narrow, I'm determined to succeed this time

Quote:
So part of my math was wrong, I lost 4.8 last week for a total of 92 pounds lost. Not 5.8 for 92. But it's still 92 baby! Whooo Freaking Hooo.
LOL, whooo Freaking Hooo, I have not stopped laughing at that, thanks!

[QUOTE=evepet;4371351]40 lbs lost in 9 weeks is fantastic! Congrats!!!
[QUOTE]

Thanks
Old 06-14-2012, 04:00 PM   #87  

S/C/G: 328.2/205/178

Hi all! Super quick check in. So much amazing news in here today I can't even begin to comment on it all but I'm grinning from ear to ear for all the good news. I will say this just quickly though - usmcvet, fanfreakintastic!!! So close to 100lbs. Just amazing! And cadu, I'm over the moon happy for your son. Amazing what feeling good about ourselves can help us accomplish, eh?

My quick NSV for today - I realized that I no longer have to turn sideways to go through the subway turnstyles. Have had to do so all my life - NO MORE!!!! Insanely exciting.
Old 06-14-2012, 04:01 PM   #88  
Ideal Protein April 27/12

S/C/G: 215 / Ticker / 165

Height: 5' 7"

Quote:
WHOOSH!

I cried at weigh in. Down 92 pounds even in 12 weeks.
Unbeleivable buddy!!! WOW!!! A huge congrats from me, way to rock this plan. You should be so proud of yourself, I know we all are. Keep up the fantastic work!

Really happy for you
Old 06-14-2012, 04:11 PM   #89  

Height: 5'2"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bdmom View Post
Hi everyone. I know we're not supposed to weight ourselves except once a week, but I have an now I am stressing. Last week was my first week on IP and I lost 9.5 pounds! Since Monday (my first WI), I have lost 0. I am 100% OP and am trying to have patience but worrying. I thought the second week would still show big losses. I am still going to be OP having seen so many of your comments in other threads about just doing the program, but is there anything else I should be doing?
Bdmom,

I am a scale addict and had to have my husband hide the scale so that I could only weigh in once a week with my coach at the office. The scale can make or break my day depending on what it says. I didn't want it to have that power over me anymore. Now I get to be pleasantly surprised once a week! Just trust the program and it will work. You are doing great!
Old 06-14-2012, 04:12 PM   #90  

Last night I tried something new. I got a low carb wheat tortilla (2 net carbs), spread both sides with butter flavor Pam (no carbs), heated one side then flipped it, spread a mixture of splenda and cinnamon on it (trace carbs) and added a teaspoon of Polaner sugar free/fiber grape jelly (2 carbs). I rolled it up and it was great. A fantastic warm snack for a little over 4 carbs. I had two of these instead of a bar. It was filling and and satisfying.

Last edited by Shimu; 06-14-2012 at 04:39 PM.
Closed Thread