Closed Thread

Old 06-14-2012, 04:55 PM   #106  
Started IP 09/05/12

S/C/G: 203/160/160

Height: 5'7"

Quote:
Originally Posted by ready2bskinny10 View Post
Hi all!

So I am not sure if I have already posted this. I was having problems posting. I am new and just started IP about 2.5 weeks ago. I did really well the first week losing 5 pounds and then in the second week was doing okay until my best friend's wedding. Now in the third week I am trying to get back on track, but I can't seem to lose any more weight. I am getting very frustrated and losing motivation. I am a very active person and I am not sure how much longer I can go without being active and not seeing any results. Does anyone have any suggestions? I need HELP which I am hoping this forum can do.
IP requires total dedication. If you get knocked out of ketosis, it can be harder to get back on track as you deal with hunger and cravings. Also, you may get back some water weight from retention. It is very common not to lose the week following a "stray" off protocol. The best is, obviously, to NOT cheat. There's a lady at my clinic, she goes for her WI at the same time as me. I have lost 25 lbs in the 5 weeks that she has lost about 6 lbs. She knocks herself out of ketosis every week or so by "cheating a little, only a little". Then she has to eat more because getting back into ketosis is tough (hunger, weakness, nausea). If you keep following the protocol, you WILL lose. I am living proof, nothing else has worked for me.

As for activity, once you get back into ketosis you can wait a week or two, then start back on activity. Just remember to keep it moderate, otherwise you may end up burning muscle mass which is not what you want. Making ketones is very energy consuming for your body, so it'll tend to break down muscle if no sugar and ketones are readily available.

Before you go any further, you have to make sure you are ready. This diet is easy to follow because it is so strict. On the other hand, one stray can stall you for several days. Once you're aware of this and decide you are ready, this board provides a ton of support and information.

Good luck!
Old 06-14-2012, 04:59 PM   #107  

S/C/G: 201/165/150

Height: 5"8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Porthardygurl View Post
Good Afternoon All...

Finally a beautiful sunny day here in Port Hardy..shame it still is cold though..only 9 degrees Celcius..i was hoping for lake weather..but that will have to wait i guess...
I got to sleep in this morning, that makes me sooo happy...Being a mom, ive learned that you treasure the days you get to sleep in!

Welll.....not sure if anyone saw my post..but i made a wonderful roasted zucchini garlic soup..and it was delicious..so much so that my hubs came home from work and wanted to know what i had cooked cause he wanted some too!

Well...looks like today its going to be the start of bootcampn it for the next....5 days...until my products get here.. Really got to up the water and start drinkin more..ive been slackin a bit on the water...I think its because im getting sick of running to the bathroom all the time..but last night it was hilarious cause im laying in bed trying to get to sleep and all i can think about is wanting to drink water...

Anywho..have a good day today peeps...send me some hot weather my way!!
Please share the recipe. It sounds delicious! On the water thing, it seems the more I drink the thirstier I get!
Old 06-14-2012, 05:05 PM   #108  
IP attempt #2

S/C/G: 213/213/140

Height: 5'1

I have another question! I have been on the forum for 20 days and I have more than 20 posts. I still don't see the option for the siggy. Where should I look? I have been under the user cp tab.
Old 06-14-2012, 05:05 PM   #109  

S/C/G: 201/165/150

Height: 5"8

Can we have green chili?
Old 06-14-2012, 05:08 PM   #110  
Began IP 3-29-2012

S/C/G: 470/316/220

Height: 6'00"

Quote:
Originally Posted by patns View Post
That is amazing!!!
Good for you.
Come to think of it, I always wanted to cry at Weight Watcher weigh ins!

Pat
Yeah me too, I hated WI at WW. But I get like a little kid for IP WI time.

[QUOTE=shathom;4371397]Thank you, you are always so kind, you are rocking it also

Way to go, keep on doing what you're doing

Thanks, reading some of your posts keeps me on the straight and narrow, I'm determined to succeed this time

LOL, whooo Freaking Hooo, I have not stopped laughing at that, thanks!

[QUOTE=evepet;4371351]40 lbs lost in 9 weeks is fantastic! Congrats!!!
Quote:
Ha good to hear I made ya laugh.

Thanks
Quote:
Originally Posted by Longhorn Energy View Post
Unbeleivable buddy!!! WOW!!! A huge congrats from me, way to rock this plan. You should be so proud of yourself, I know we all are. Keep up the fantastic work!

Really happy for you
Thanks brother! It feels great, I wish I wasn't so dang tired today, 18 hour work day yesterday and I was up about 22 hours. The good thing is I've not turned to food like I usually would have in the past, I think it's because I'm not such a carb addict anymore, and my blood sugar is more stable on IP than it's ever been. I don't get the same kind of tired and HUNGRY FEED ME NOW feelings.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Porthardygurl View Post
Hey KIKI- Nice dress!! Love it! You look cute!

UMSCVET-You rock it boy!

Thank you !

Quote:
Originally Posted by geoffiegirl View Post
Vet, that's incredible! A nice to hear story to almost wrap up on a week from ****! 92lbs is amazing!
Old 06-14-2012, 05:10 PM   #111  

S/C/G: 208

Height: 5'3"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Satobb View Post
Please share the recipe. It sounds delicious! On the water thing, it seems the more I drink the thirstier I get!
The thirst thing is one of the signs you are in katosis, some days I am so thirsty I just can't seem to quench it, but it is a good thing.
Old 06-14-2012, 05:11 PM   #112  

S/C/G: 273/221/120

Height: 5"4.5'

Ok, WI today up 0.9 lbs. I think I'm going to many carbs in because I eat spring mix for my salad and then I have 2 cups of veggies with my salad for dinner and lunch. Any thoughts?
Old 06-14-2012, 05:14 PM   #113  

S/C/G: 195/162/135 Before IP 225

Height: 5'4"

Hi People,

I had my WI and just as I figured no weight loss. BUT I did lose fat and inches so go figure..... I will be OK; I think I am just sort of stalled that keeps happening to me. As I have told you all earlier this is the third program (Cambrige Grey sheet, and Atkins prior to this) I have stalled out on. I am going to continue and if I don't lose some weight next time my coach said we'd mix things up a bit. I have been a constant yo-yo dieter for most of my adult life and now in my sixties so I have messed my metabolism pretty badly by now. IP is the plan for me and I am with it to the bitter end!!!
So glad there is this support group that has been the biggest help of all.
Old 06-14-2012, 05:33 PM   #114  
Started IP 09/05/12

S/C/G: 203/160/160

Height: 5'7"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darralyn View Post
Hi People,

I had my WI and just as I figured no weight loss. BUT I did lose fat and inches so go figure..... I will be OK; I think I am just sort of stalled that keeps happening to me. As I have told you all earlier this is the third program (Cambrige Grey sheet, and Atkins prior to this) I have stalled out on. I am going to continue and if I don't lose some weight next time my coach said we'd mix things up a bit. I have been a constant yo-yo dieter for most of my adult life and now in my sixties so I have messed my metabolism pretty badly by now. IP is the plan for me and I am with it to the bitter end!!!
So glad there is this support group that has been the biggest help of all.
Hey losing fat and inches is fantastic!! It might just mean you're building up a little muscle mass, which weighs more than fat. If that's the case, it'll boost up your metabolism for that next time

I kind of know what you are going through. My mom has been a yo-yo dieter as well, and as she is nearing 50 years old it has become harder for her as the pounds come flying back so she gave up. I wish I could somehow motivate her to hang on!

However, you're doing one of the best programs ever and with a coach that can shake up things a little bit, pounds should start falling off again soon! I have faith!!
Old 06-14-2012, 05:43 PM   #115  
IP Round #3: 11/14/2023

S/C/G: 210/184/145

Height: 5'5"/49yo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shimu View Post
Last night I tried something new. I got a low carb wheat tortilla (2 net carbs), spread both sides with butter flavor Pam (no carbs), heated one side then flipped it, spread a mixture of splenda and cinnamon on it (trace carbs) and added a teaspoon of Polaner sugar free/fiber grape jelly (2 carbs). I rolled it up and it was great. A fantastic warm snack for a little over 4 carbs. I had two of these instead of a bar. It was filling and and satisfying.
There is a reason this is not on the Phase 1 protocol - I can't imagine 2 low-carb tortillas had nearly enough protein as a packet or bar. That is another important part of the program, it is really calibrated to keep our nutrition balanced so we have enough protein to continue fat burning and not turn to muscle burning.
Old 06-14-2012, 06:03 PM   #116  

S/C/G: 185/121/125

Height: 5'3

does anyone know how to store zucchini chips, so that they remain crispy ?? i really would LOVE to make several batches *2 cups each* and store them because they are kind of high maintenance to make/bake perfectly. i've googled this and researched, but there seems to be mixed reviews :/ anyone have any luck or know about how i could do this?
Old 06-14-2012, 06:03 PM   #117  

S/C/G: 249/209/140

Height: 5' 7"

Longhorn, LizRR - I saw your comments about the tortilla and that it's a big NO.
I am curious what you think of a Lindora product called Parisian Toast. The ingredients and nutritional information are below. It seemed OP to me, but I am not sure - it has semolina and I think that's a grain.

Ingredients Protein Blend (Pea Protein Isolate, Dried Egg White), Water, Durum Semolina (Durum Semolina, Enrichment [Niacin, Iron, Thiamine Mononitrate, Riboflavin, Folic Acid]), Wheat Semolina, Gum Arabic, Mono- and Diglycerides, Bamboo Fiber, Yeast, Citric Acid.

Nutrition Facts
Serving Size: 1/2 packet
(6 servings per box)

Amount Per Serving
Calories 110
Fat 2.5g
Usable/Total Carbs 5g/10g
Protein 15g
Old 06-14-2012, 06:13 PM   #118  
~Kelly~

S/C/G: 229.4/189.4/150

Height: 5'5

Hey ya'll!! I am so exhausted. I started my yard sale today. I don't know why. I had a few people this morning and then a few at noon and that was it. I sat out in the heat all day for not much. Oh well, tomorrow is another day and I hope to sell most of the stuff tomorrow. I don't have much. A few odds and ends, tons of books and clothes and that's pretty much it. If I can sell most of the odds and ends and books tomorrow I won't open on Saturday. That is my goal. I don't want to sit out another day.

8 weeks I have been strong and have not been off program except for a handful of fries I mindless grabbed a few weeks ago. Today, all I can think about is cheesecake. I had some cheesecake pudding last night but it didn't curb my taste for it. I am hoping to get over this cheesecake fix soon because it is taking over all my thoughts!!

On a side not, chocolate covered soy nuts...OMG! They are to die for! I wish I could have 4 things a day so I can eat them all day and still have my drinks!! YUMMY!
Old 06-14-2012, 06:26 PM   #119  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bdmom View Post
Longhorn, LizRR - I saw your comments about the tortilla and that it's a big NO.
I am curious what you think of a Lindora product called Parisian Toast. The ingredients and nutritional information are below. It seemed OP to me, but I am not sure - it has semolina and I think that's a grain.

Ingredients Protein Blend (Pea Protein Isolate, Dried Egg White), Water, Durum Semolina (Durum Semolina, Enrichment [Niacin, Iron, Thiamine Mononitrate, Riboflavin, Folic Acid]), Wheat Semolina, Gum Arabic, Mono- and Diglycerides, Bamboo Fiber, Yeast, Citric Acid.

Nutrition Facts
Serving Size: 1/2 packet
(6 servings per box)

Amount Per Serving
Calories 110
Fat 2.5g
Usable/Total Carbs 5g/10g
Protein 15g
I'm not really well versed on appropriate Alternative products. The only one I've been comfortable with are the EAS Carb Control RTDs. At first glance it looks like similar stats to some of the IP restricted products.
Old 06-14-2012, 06:28 PM   #120  

Quote:
Originally Posted by kmc1021 View Post
On a side not, chocolate covered soy nuts...OMG! They are to die for! I wish I could have 4 things a day so I can eat them all day and still have my drinks!! YUMMY!
I had to ban chocolate covered soy nuts from my house! My one cheat was having 2 of those in one day, and that was only because I only had 2 packs left. I had been fighting myself not to scarf them down all week!

Off to my coach's Phase 1 seminar for my official reboot!
Closed Thread