3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Ideal Protein Diet (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet-236/)
-   -   IP Daily Chat Thursday 6/14/12 (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet/261020-ip-daily-chat-thursday-6-14-12-a.html)

wuv2bloved 06-14-2012 12:52 AM

IP Daily Chat Thursday 6/14/12

Welcome back to the Daily Chat thread - post your plans for today, share what's been happening, ask questions!

:welcome3:

Some forum lingo:
NSV = Non-scale victory
TOM = time of the month
WI = Weigh-in
WF = Walden Farms
OP = on program

Bookmarking:
Ideal Protein Sub-forum Home page
Consider making it a bookmark or a favorite in your browser so you can come back easily to get your RDA of Ideal Protein information.
Ideal Protein Sub-forum Home Page

Information for newbies:
Check the sticky page for lots of good information and please read before asking what might be a frequently asked question here in the daily thread: Information on Ideal Protein phases (1-4), recipes, newbie guide, FAQ, and other important threads.

Tickers and Signatures:
There are 2 requirements to have access to signatures and tickers. You must have been a member of 3fatchicks for 20 days AND posted at least 20 messages anywhere on the 3fatchicks forum. When you've met those requirements check The Ultimate Signature and Ticker Thread for more information and instructions.

Quoting:
The best quoting tip - EVER!! Thanks Rosie, aka 6710.

Searching:
If you can't find what you're looking for in this forum using the website search function, try using the "double search" using Google.

1) Go to google.com. Search 3fatchicks by using the term site:3fatchicks.com at the end of your google search.

For example, if you want to look for "big mac in a bowl", type "big mac in a bowl site:3fatchicks.com" in google search. No need to inlucde the quotation marks when you type.

2) This will bring up the page that you are looking for, now hit Ctrl+F to search on that page. Type "big mac in a bowl" and all instances of that search term will be highlighted.

Progress photos:
have been moved to the Mini-Goal Photo Album.

Other helpful links related to the Ideal Protein diet:
Dr. Tran Tien Chanh's website

Dr. Tran Tien Chanh's book (PDF file): The Unbalanced Diet Approach to a Slimmer You

usmcvet 06-14-2012 01:05 AM

Hey all! NSV today/tonight. I had a long day 18 hours. I did not over eat and I'm about to call it a night. Months ago I'd have been up watching TV, eating leftovers or junk food. Tonight I filled my water bottle, just drank half and I am off to bed now. WI # 11 in the morning!

Tinawebb 06-14-2012 01:33 AM

NSV
I have a new job. I have been teaching middle school for 22 years. I applied for an English/drama position in a neighboring school district. I had no intention of finding another job, just one of those fluk things where I saw the posting @ 10pm the night before the application, resume letters of recommendation were due. Needless to say it was a stressful day. The interview was awesome, I went in there feeling that they would see and hear me and not just see an obese woman. It was a great feeling knowing I was being judged on my abilities and not my weight.

valarielala 06-14-2012 02:47 AM

hello. I just started this diet last week. I lost 7.2 lbs at first weigh in on Monday. Getting through the first few days was unpleasant, but doable. Now I just fear that I'm going to be way too bored to stick with this. I'm frustrated and unhappy. I think this forum will provide a lot of encouragement though, and I'm going to be really honest: I Need It! Blessings to all for your success and determination!

Dakin 06-14-2012 05:25 AM

Good morning I Peeps!
Tina, that's wonderful news.
We got news that the proposal to close one of our schools and consolidate grade levels was approved at the meeting last night. Lots of questions, packing and stress will follow today.
Checking in to say hello to my online family. I would never be where I am today without this board. I've decided that my coach and IP center are not nearly as supportive nor as informative as the expertise and support found here.
Wishing everyone a great OP day!

Cadu 06-14-2012 05:49 AM

Vet - Good for you. Every habit we can change now will add up to a successful maintenance.

Tina- congrats on the new job. I know what you mean. going on inteviews while fat was very uncomfortable. All I could think about was that they were judging my appearance and it made for low self confidence. I will begin job hunting again in the fall and I am sure my confidence will be able to shine through now that I look more "normal". oh, I am gonna have to buy a new interview suit. and all new work clothes too.

Valarie - Welcome and congrats on your first WI. I suggest you try some of the recipes on this forum, they really helped to keep me from grtting bored. I actually looked forward to being creative with my veggies and packets. After you start dumping bunches of weight you wont mind the boredom. It is so worth it. Good luck to you.

Dakin - Good Morning my friend, I agree that I have received more inspiration & knowledge from the wonderful people here then from my clinic. I honestly dont think I would have gotten this far had it not been for this site and these peeps.

Cadu 06-14-2012 06:04 AM

Good Morning Everybody

I am happy to report that my son has FINALLY gotten a job. He is 21 and had received his certified nursing assistant license in January. He has been going on interviews but no luck till now. He started IP alternatives about 5 weeks ago and has lost over 30 pounds so far. I cant help to think that this has helped him in getting this job. I hate to think this way but it is how I feel. even though he has another 90 pounds or so to go, losing this 30 + has given him more confidence, a sparkle in his eye and he looks more put together. It ws almost painful to watch him as he tried to find something suitable to wear that fit to the interviews, but now that is not a problem. If losing 30 pounds has changed his life this much.. I just cant wait to see whats in store for him when he hits goal. My heart is so happy for him right now. ok enough of that mushy stuff.

I hope everyone has a wonderful OP day

usmcvet 06-14-2012 07:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tinawebb (Post 4370626)
NSV
I have a new job. I have been teaching middle school for 22 years. I applied for an English/drama position in a neighboring school district. I had no intention of finding another job, just one of those fluk things where I saw the posting @ 10pm the night before the application, resume letters of recommendation were due. Needless to say it was a stressful day. The interview was awesome, I went in there feeling that they would see and hear me and not just see an obese woman. It was a great feeling knowing I was being judged on my abilities and not my weight.

AWESOMENESS! I wish you well in your new job.
Quote:

Originally Posted by valarielala (Post 4370640)
hello. I just started this diet last week. I lost 7.2 lbs at first weigh in on Monday. Getting through the first few days was unpleasant, but doable. Now I just fear that I'm going to be way too bored to stick with this. I'm frustrated and unhappy. I think this forum will provide a lot of encouragement though, and I'm going to be really honest: I Need It! Blessings to all for your success and determination!

If you need variety check out the recipes in the stickies and or the IP cook book.
Quote:

Originally Posted by Cadu (Post 4370679)
Vet - Good for you. Every habit we can change now will add up to a successful maintenance.

Tina- congrats on the new job. I know what you mean. going on inteviews while fat was very uncomfortable. All I could think about was that they were judging my appearance and it made for low self confidence. I will begin job hunting again in the fall and I am sure my confidence will be able to shine through now that I look more "normal". oh, I am gonna have to buy a new interview suit. and all new work clothes too.

Valarie - Welcome and congrats on your first WI. I suggest you try some of the recipes on this forum, they really helped to keep me from grtting bored. I actually looked forward to being creative with my veggies and packets. After you start dumping bunches of weight you wont mind the boredom. It is so worth it. Good luck to you.

Dakin - Good Morning my friend, I agree that I have received more inspiration & knowledge from the wonderful people here then from my clinic. I honestly dont think I would have gotten this far had it not been for this site and these peeps.

yep best support I have ever had is here on 3fc!

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cadu (Post 4370684)
Good Morning Everybody

I am happy to report that my son has FINALLY gotten a job. He is 21 and had received his certified nursing assistant license in January. He has been going on interviews but no luck till now. He started IP alternatives about 5 weeks ago and has lost over 30 pounds so far. I cant help to think that this has helped him in getting this job. I hate to think this way but it is how I feel. even though he has another 90 pounds or so to go, losing this 30 + has given him more confidence, a sparkle in his eye and he looks more put together. It ws almost painful to watch him as he tried to find something suitable to wear that fit to the interviews, but now that is not a problem. If losing 30 pounds has changed his life this much.. I just cant wait to see whats in store for him when he hits goal. My heart is so happy for him right now. ok enough of that mushy stuff.

Yeah new job!

willsmashfat 06-14-2012 08:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cadu (Post 4370684)
Good Morning Everybody

Carol - the loss of the weight must surely have made the difference. It is amazing how much better we feel about ourselves and how this glow shines through. Congrats to him and to you for supporting him!

Vet - good luck with the WI.

I have been very busy with a major Trial for the past two weeks so I haven't posted but I have read all the posts (1-3 days later). What a bunch of losers I'm hanging with !;)

dizzyjean 06-14-2012 08:08 AM

Morning All!
One of the things I like about this diet (though it could be called boring) is that without the gut wrenching striving need to be exercising all the time. I still feel the guilt from it, but I do exercise some. I used to think that the only way to be thin was to exercise more and more. And it did not work.
Now I have time for hobbies like sewing, reading, more gardening. I work a full time job, and I'm a Realtor part time, so I am busy! My 4 kids are all grown up, and I visit with them as often as I can.
I concentrate on living life and enjoying the process. I guess I'm more at peace following the rules, eating interesting veggies and watching the weight come off.

usmcvet 06-14-2012 08:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by willsmashfat (Post 4370752)
Carol - the loss of the weight must surely have made the difference. It is amazing how much better we feel about ourselves and how this glow shines through. Congrats to him and to you for supporting him!

Vet - good luck with the WI.

I have been very busy with a major Trial for the past two weeks so I haven't posted but I have read all the posts (1-3 days later). What a bunch of losers I'm hanging with !;)

Thanks willsmash! What kind of trial?

mtnsun4 06-14-2012 08:18 AM

Good morning all! ONE more day of work this week then we are off on our Alaskan cruise tomorrow! Well, actually off to Seattle tomorrow to see my sister, then on the cruise on Saturday. Nonetheless, we will FINALLY be on vacation!!:)

It has been a very hard week for me as far as stress and work but I am looking forward to some well needed R & R. One exciting thing we are doing on our trip is going on a crab boat (one that was on the Deadliest Catch), going out in the ocean, and having that experience. So cooL!

Have a great day!

usmcvet 06-14-2012 08:21 AM

Well my scale shows 374 neked, so it should be below 380 at WI in a few hours. I am not as nervous today. I think its exhaustion.:D

Skini mini 06-14-2012 08:28 AM

Hi,
I have been lurking on the IP Forum for about a month and decided it was time that I joined in! I started IP one month ago and thus far have dropped 13 lbs. and 16 1/2 inches. GO ME! This has been the easiest plan that I have ever been on and believe me I've tried them all! I have several friends on the plan too, they are the ones that motivated me to try this. I am so greatful that I did.
I am hypothyroid and have had trouble losing weight, but on IP the weight is coming off nicely.
It's been so great reading about all of your successes, it keeps me going during those hungry moments!

NOVAScents 06-14-2012 08:35 AM

I had some bumps yesterday, but I'm looking forward to change that today and having an 100% OP Day!

I've got a list a mile long today of household chores, so I need to get moving!! Hope everyone has a fabulous day ;)