Closed Thread

Old 06-14-2012, 10:04 PM   #151  
Started IP 09/05/12

S/C/G: 203/160/160

Height: 5'7"

Red, maybe the SF Jello is slowing down your loss. It contains aspartame and that is known to spike insulin in a much similar way to sugar. I recommend making your own with unsweetened koolaid/mio/aspartame-free flavored drink crystals, plain gelatin and Splenda. It tastes yummy and in my opinion, would impact your blood sugar less than aspartame Jello. Still, to be consumed in moderation.
Old 06-14-2012, 10:06 PM   #152  
Started IP April 27, 2011

S/C/G: 408//199/199

Height: 5'8

Quote:
Originally Posted by cstokes102 View Post
Not only was I up 0.9 lbs I wasn't even in ketosis. I don't know what is going on I am following the program. I wonder if this is because of the MIO? I wonder should I stop using Torani flavors?
I highly doubt it. I have used the MIO and Torani/Divincy syrups from the start and I have never had any problems with them. If you are using them A LOT then maybe you need to reduce your consumption. If you are following the program then you should be in Ketosis. I honestly don't worry about being in Ketosis, I just follow the program. I have never tested myself in the 14 months to see if I was in ketosis or not. BELIEVE in the program don't doubt it...IT DOES WORK ....just follow it
Old 06-14-2012, 10:11 PM   #153  
Started IP 3/12/12

S/C/G: 248.25/see ticker/130

Height: 5' 2"

Quote:
Originally Posted by valarielala View Post
hello. I just started this diet last week. I lost 7.2 lbs at first weigh in on Monday. Getting through the first few days was unpleasant, but doable. Now I just fear that I'm going to be way too bored to stick with this. I'm frustrated and unhappy. I think this forum will provide a lot of encouragement though, and I'm going to be really honest: I Need It! Blessings to all for your success and determination!
Be willing to try new things. Who knew that turnip fries would become one of my favorite foods. The site has great recipes to try and you may find there is more variety than you think. Stay strong and good luck!
Old 06-14-2012, 10:12 PM   #154  

S/C/G: 197.5/143.2/145

Height: 5' 8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kikie View Post
Thank you for your kind words I had a great day until that episode, not sure what happened. I am reading the article, and boy that is something. On another note, I wonder if the psychological acceptation of weight loss is different with fast programs like IP versus slower programs like WW? For me it doesn't seem constant. I'll be excited one day, then the next I'll focus so much on the imperfections that it overshadows the confidence I gain from being 25 lbs smaller. How I would love to be emotionally stable like some people I know.

I work HARD on not comparing myself, it seems as natural as blinking. I just hope this whole thing won't stop me from feeling pretty once I reach goal. The only thing I want is to be happy with the results of my efforts.

The emotional instability many of us have experienced is likely for many reasons, but don't forget about all that estrogen being dumped into your system as the pounds are melting away, kind of like an ongoing PMS party, but it's a good thing since it means the fat is releasing all that estrogen!
Old 06-14-2012, 10:28 PM   #155  

S/C/G: 273/221/120

Height: 5"4.5'

Thanks WUV2BLOVED
Old 06-14-2012, 10:29 PM   #156  
Started IP April 27, 2011

S/C/G: 408//199/199

Height: 5'8

Quote:
Thanks WUV2BLOVED
welcome
Old 06-14-2012, 11:02 PM   #157  

Quote:
Originally Posted by fam4me View Post
Be willing to try new things. Who knew that turnip fries would become one of my favorite foods. The site has great recipes to try and you may find there is more variety than you think. Stay strong and good luck!
Seriously rutabaga fries are my absolute favorite!!! I LOVE THEM!!!! I make the chili packet up for dinner with a little extra lean ground beef to "beef" up the serving and serve this over rutabaga fries!! I make regular chili for my family and mix their regular fries with rutabaga fries and they love it too!! Chili fries for everyone!!! A weekly favorite!
Old 06-14-2012, 11:05 PM   #158  
WillSmashFat

S/C/G: 204/162/150

Height: 5'2.5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by usmcvet View Post
Thanks willsmash! What kind of trial?
A divorce trial but I defend criminal cases, too. Sorry, Copper . You can forgive me though since I used to be a Crown Attorney (like an asst DA). Lol
Old 06-14-2012, 11:13 PM   #159  

S/C/G: 266/218/150

Height: 5'8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by mooselover View Post
You are gonna love the cruise. I sure hope some day you come back and drive thru the interior of Alaska. It is beautiful too.
Thank you! I am hoping one day that we get to go into the country, do some hunting and fishing. My husband really wants to move there but I don't know....I think I would miss Colorado too much!
Old 06-14-2012, 11:19 PM   #160  
Started IP 09/05/12

S/C/G: 203/160/160

Height: 5'7"

Quote:
Originally Posted by mompattie View Post
Seriously rutabaga fries are my absolute favorite!!! I LOVE THEM!!!! I make the chili packet up for dinner with a little extra lean ground beef to "beef" up the serving and serve this over rutabaga fries!! I make regular chili for my family and mix their regular fries with rutabaga fries and they love it too!! Chili fries for everyone!!! A weekly favorite!
Why did my rutabaga fries burn before they got crispy? I followed the recipe but... they litterally made me gag and I threw out the batch. I would appreciate if you could share your insight
Old 06-14-2012, 11:22 PM   #161  

S/C/G: restart 9/2/14

Quote:
Originally Posted by wendywendy View Post
I have a question about Ketosticks.....i bought some and tried one tonight. It says i am in medium ketosis.....is this good enough or should i be at a higher level. I'm in week 7 of IP and i am losing but thought by now i should be at the max ketosis level.
You don't need the sticks, but just for your own information, the only accurate time to test is first thing in the morning before you eat or drink anything. Also, the longer you are OP the lighter the sticks will become because you will be spilling less ketones over time. I always say ketosis is like pregnancy. You either are or you aren't; just follow the plan and you will be fine.

Quote:
Not only was I up 0.9 lbs I wasn't even in ketosis. I don't know what is going on I am following the program. I wonder if this is because of the MIO? I wonder should I stop using Torani flavors?
I personally find the Mio seems to spark my cravings for things, and I once asked my coach and she said no Mio. She has found it can interfer with some's weight loss. She also says no to splenda, only yes to stevia. She likes the more natural path.
Old 06-14-2012, 11:23 PM   #162  

Quote:
Originally Posted by fam4me View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kikie View Post
Why did my rutabaga fries burn before they got crispy? I followed the recipe but... they litterally made me gag and I threw out the batch. I would appreciate if you could share your insight
I slice them like shoestring fries, then par boil them for about 5-7 mins in a pot. Then spread them out on my stoneware or parchment lined baking sheet. Drizzle with olive oil, season with kosher salt and pepper and bake!! They don't take long to cook, I usually have the oven at 375. Turn them a bit. They aren't totally crisp like real fries, but I like them deep brown. Not burnt tough. Lol!
Old 06-14-2012, 11:35 PM   #163  
First Day IP 31 May 2012

S/C/G: See ticker

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by mompattie View Post
You are doing great now quit peeing on that stick!
Ha, ha, ha. Everytime in my life I peed on a stick I ended up with another pregnancy No more stick peeing for this 51 year old

Kristina
Old 06-15-2012, 12:03 AM   #164  

Height: 5'4.5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrandmaKiss View Post
Ha, ha, ha. Everytime in my life I peed on a stick I ended up with another pregnancy No more stick peeing for this 51 year old

Kristina
Haha OMG I totally get where you're coming from.
Old 06-15-2012, 12:04 AM   #165  

S/C/G: 278/247/178

Height: 5.3

had third way in tonight lost 4.6 this week for a total of 17.1 lbs in three weeks..I am very happy
Closed Thread