Closed Thread

Old 05-21-2012, 09:41 PM   #76  

S/C/G: 305/163/165

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoodEatsandWine View Post
I lost 3lbs in P3 (bringing me to 113lbs), so those carbs didn't seem to affect me but when I started P4, I gained 5lbs pretty quickly. I didn't mind too much because that brought me to my goal weight. Now I pretty much stay around 119lbs which I'm more than happy.
This is what I am expecting. I started 6 lbs below goal and watching for the 3-5 lbs into phase 4. I guess after a year of this diet it's difficult to see the scale go up. But I do want to be realistic and learn what works for me and I do want to float around 165.

Thanks for the input on the phase 3 days....we'll see how I do.
Old 05-21-2012, 09:53 PM   #77  

S/C/G: 195/162/135 Before IP 225

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ishbel View Post
This is what I am expecting. I started 6 lbs below goal and watching for the 3-5 lbs into phase 4. I guess after a year of this diet it's difficult to see the scale go up. But I do want to be realistic and learn what works for me and I do want to float around 165.

You look absolutely amazing!!! What a wonderful job you've done.
Old 05-22-2012, 07:45 AM   #78  
Maile

S/C/G: 242/130/130

Height: 5'6

I also eat mainly Phase 3 and find that works for me. I also am much happier staying 3 pounds under goal weight so i always have a cushion for going up.

I am waiting for my carb book in the mail. It is taking its sweet time.

I am handling work better these last two days! Drinking lots of tea and sparkling water!!!1
Old 05-22-2012, 08:27 AM   #79  

S/C/G: 300/152/154

Height: 5 ft 5.525 inches

Good morning everybody! I have been trying the idea of splitting up breakfast to half in the morning and half late morning, and I like it! It seems like no matter how much I eat in one sitting, I get woozy a few hours later, and if it isn't time for the next meal, I have a snack. We are allowed snacks, but they can really add up, so this cuts out one snack. So, I've had my oatmeal with my tea first thing, then 2-3 hours later I have the yogurt/berries. With the physical work I've been trying to do, it really hits the spot, feels like a treat yet very much on-plan.

Thanks to Purple or NewEngland- can't remember who posted that idea...
Old 05-22-2012, 11:03 AM   #80  

S/C/G: 305/163/165

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darralyn View Post
You look absolutely amazing!!! What a wonderful job you've done.
Thanks Darralyn

What types of exercises do you peeps do? I can't seem to get my heart rate up anymore. Which I expect is because I no longer have 140 lbs to carry around. I've got a lot of videos, I'm going to start yoga again (used to do it consitently and I miss it) and I have plans on starting to run (just have a bum toe that needs to heal)...just curious as to what you all do and how often.

I'm sure this question has been answered as I'm sure it's been asked by previous newbies...sorry for asking you to repeat. I lurked, but not everyday.
Old 05-22-2012, 11:38 AM   #81  
start IP Feb 8 2011

S/C/G: 241/146.6/141

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ishbel View Post

Wow Carla you look amazing. You are doing so great I am proud of you. I mainly walk Red dog for exercise, do some ball exercises but my balance isn't so good. Am going to start the Jillian 6 weeks to 6 pack to see how that does. Good luck to you.

Saturday I gave blood and it was kind of weird. While in the interview room where they take your blood pressure/pulse and temperature I was asked if I was athletic... I laughed and said no.. I then asked why, apparently my pulse was at 49 which she said was what athletes pulses is usually... I did tell her I walked daily. She did asked what diet I lost on and I told her about Ideal Protein and she said good for you, she said she didn't have the willpower and went to Mexico to get her stomach tied... I was kind of shocked as she was a nurse. But thanks to IP I am considered an athlete and I never ever would have thought... Just what would happen if I really did start working out and start running again... Am going to try really hard to do all these things but I am basically lazy so will need all your help to motivate me.

It is raining in Edmonton today, I walked Red before a big downpour and went looking for the carb book... heading to Idigo when it opens, to see if I can get it today so I can shop for food later this week.
Have a great week everyone.
Old 05-22-2012, 12:29 PM   #82  
Started IP 12/30/11

S/C/G: 160/125/130 Phase 4!!!

Height: 5'

So, I had this dream. It was weird but basically we had a guest who ended up staying over. He said something like I'll make you or buy you dinner which I appreciated but I paused because he mentioned pasta or something like that. I tried to comment that we don't eat that but he did not listen. It was as if he knew I could have it. I could not remember if DH was on P1 in the dream but it was odd that I was perplexed sort of saying I don't eat carbs when I could. I remember not making a convincing argument for myself because I was half-lying and half believing what I said.

I don't think I have had a food dream since the early P1 dreams over fast food guilt.

My hungry time is during the day and I found that no matter what I ate for breakfast, I was hungry like an hour later. I never ate the full P3 breakfast requirement. It was always too much for me. I remember when I was away, I once used my breakfast voucher to have my yummy pancakes like at 7:30. Work up staving. Two hours later I came down with DH to have my second breakfast. I thought I could just nibble but I ate most of my plate. That day I lasted till lunch. By the time evening came I had to make myself eat something for dinner. I think that is why I struggled with P1. Not enough food during the day and dinner I was forcing it down.
Old 05-22-2012, 01:31 PM   #83  

S/C/G: 139/120.2/118

Height: 5'6"

Posted this on another thread but thought I would post it here as well

I found a new favorite for my fat meal. The taste is so pleasing but beware, it is very filling!! That's a good thing but if you try to eat a normal serving size you're likely to bust! I got these ideas from that website I mentioned before - http://mariahealth.blogspot.com/

Out of the possibilities she's posted, I tried her healthy grilled cheese-tomato style (slightly altered version below):
(1 serving)
2 thick slices of a large tomato (this will be the 'bread')
3 tbsp almond meal/flour
grated parmigiano reggiano (approx. 1.5 tbsp)
1 egg white
seasonings (I used salt, pepper, garlic powder, oregano)
1 slice of cheddar, goat or other cheese (approx. 1oz)
coconut oil, macadamia nut oil, olive oil or butter for frying

While oil is heating in a pan on medium heat, combine almond meal/flour, parmigiano reggiano and seasonings on a salad plate and put the egg white on another salad plate. Dip the tomato slices in the egg and then the dry mixture. Make sure it is well coated (I patted the dry ingredients onto the tomato slices). Then grill your tomato for about 3-5 minutes. Flip to other side and top the cooked side with the cheddar (or other cheese) slice. You're suppose to then make a sandwich with the two slices but I left them open-faced and topped both sides with cheese slices using thinner slices.

OMG, this was so good! With your meal, in my case, my giant salad with protein (chicken, beef, or whatever) it was very filling! I calc'd out the nutrition value and got the approximately the following for the grilled cheese tomato: Calories 225, carb 2.25g, protein 15g, fat 16g

My clinic's guidelines for the fat meal is to keep the fat around 10-20g; done! I've had this twice now, once with cheddar cheese and last night with goat cheese. Yum! BTW, since I typically don't have a carb meal I have this for lunch or dinner.

Her other options for this (eggwhite then almond/cheese coating) is to make 'fries' using portobello mushrooms, eggplant or turnips. Then they are baked:
portobello mushroom fries - baked at 350 degrees for 15 minutes;
eggplant fries - baked at 400 degrees for 15 minutes;
turnip fries - baked at 425 degrees for 20 minutes;
Old 05-22-2012, 02:49 PM   #84  
Started IP 12/30/11

S/C/G: 160/125/130 Phase 4!!!

Height: 5'

Oh, this looks so good, GoodEatsandWine.

On of my favorite types of grilled cheese samiches used to have cheese, tomato and basil inside.

Love her web site. Thank you for sharing.
Old 05-22-2012, 03:06 PM   #85  

S/C/G: 187/?/145

Height: 5'8"

My best fiend's fiance- a couple that I introduced- passed away from cancer last week at age 34. My friend requested that I stay with her in Calgary which is three hours away. Her food request after making funeral arrangements all day and crying with his family the whole night before was for 'something that would make her happy'. 'What is it?' I asked,'I'll bring it'. 'Fish & Chips' she says. I got her the traditional breaded style with fries. I got grilled with veggies and rice I didn't eat. The more we talked and were together the more I too wanted to turn to food for comfort. The next day when we went for dim sum and I won't off plan and stayed off plan for the next three days. It is amazing to me how easy it is to use food to comfort and eat he emotions rather than feel them. Came home the day before yesterday. Yesterday I went back on Phase 1. I needed to detox. I will resume the CSP when I get back from the funeral after this weekend. Pants you are very right. The silver packets are much more convenient. And mobile.
Maile- thank you for being such a good role model. It gives strength and hope. Dealing with one's emotions vs. eating them is such a difficult lesson to learn. And while it bothers me that I still have to learn this the hard way every now and again, it is a positive to me that I keep climbing back on the proverbial OP horse.
Old 05-22-2012, 04:27 PM   #86  

S/C/G: 169.8/135/135

Height: 5'-2" - 41 years old - 2015 Reboot: 165.4/136.0/135

Quote:
Originally Posted by capricious View Post
My best fiend's fiance- a couple that I introduced- passed away from cancer last week at age 34. My friend requested that I stay with her in Calgary which is three hours away. Her food request after making funeral arrangements all day and crying with his family the whole night before was for 'something that would make her happy'. 'What is it?' I asked,'I'll bring it'. 'Fish & Chips' she says. I got her the traditional breaded style with fries. I got grilled with veggies and rice I didn't eat. The more we talked and were together the more I too wanted to turn to food for comfort. The next day when we went for dim sum and I won't off plan and stayed off plan for the next three days. It is amazing to me how easy it is to use food to comfort and eat he emotions rather than feel them. Came home the day before yesterday. Yesterday I went back on Phase 1. I needed to detox. I will resume the CSP when I get back from the funeral after this weekend. Pants you are very right. The silver packets are much more convenient. And mobile.
Maile- thank you for being such a good role model. It gives strength and hope. Dealing with one's emotions vs. eating them is such a difficult lesson to learn. And while it bothers me that I still have to learn this the hard way every now and again, it is a positive to me that I keep climbing back on the proverbial OP horse.
Sorry to hear about your friend. The reason I actually popped on here was because I wanted to ask you about how CSP was going. I got my book and started reading it. I already know I am sensitive to grains, but it will be interesting to see if legumes and starchy veggies fall into that catagory too.

Packets are very convienent. I have a bunch that I am planning on using up and then trying to transition to all real food.
Old 05-22-2012, 07:10 PM   #87  
KEEP YOUR HEAD UP

S/C/G: 149/146/115

Height: 5'3

I was wondering, about how many grams of carbs a day do you guys eat now that you're maintaning? On a normal, non-cheat day?
Old 05-23-2012, 12:53 AM   #88  

S/C/G: 204/143/135

Height: 5' 1"

Quote:
Originally Posted by jennydoodle View Post
Sorry to hear about your friend. The reason I actually popped on here was because I wanted to ask you about how CSP was going. I got my book and started reading it. I already know I am sensitive to grains, but it will be interesting to see if legumes and starchy veggies fall into that catagory too.

Packets are very convienent. I have a bunch that I am planning on using up and then trying to transition to all real food.
So sorry to hear about your friend Cap. It is so sad to lose someone so young when he had so much to look forward to.
Have a safe trip for the funeral.

Jenny, I had posted yesterday about hating to give up the convenience of the packets.

I also have a bunch of IP products that I will use up and then am really trying to transition to real food too.

I actually did follow week one of CSP quite well last week and was down a half pound at the end. So that was excellent.

This week I didn't get time to do a Costco run for the chicken etc I need so an using up IP products for a bit.

I was more than pleased that I could handle a moderate amount of fruit.
Like you I know I can't handle wheat and other starchy grains. The next step will be interesting with the starcy veggies but so far so good.

Goodeats, that tomato recipe sounds excellent. I'll have to remeber to buy big tomatoes and try it.

Pat

Last edited by patns; 05-23-2012 at 12:57 AM.
Old 05-23-2012, 12:55 AM   #89  

S/C/G: 204/143/135

Height: 5' 1"

Quote:
Originally Posted by paulimapi View Post
I was wondering, about how many grams of carbs a day do you guys eat now that you're maintaining? On a normal, non-cheat day?
Everyone is different and most posters are experiencing to discover what works well for their particular metabolisms. If is best to add a bit back at a time and see what happens.
Old 05-23-2012, 07:08 AM   #90  

S/C/G: 300/152/154

Height: 5 ft 5.525 inches

Cap: I'm so sorry about your friend. I too find that the triggers are still there, and all we can do is deal with it the best we can. At least now, we can take a breath to recognize it and hopefully change the pattern in the future...

that tomato recipe sounds delicious!

What is this CSP plan you all are talking about?

Last edited by Sewmam; 05-23-2012 at 07:09 AM.
Closed Thread