Closed Thread

Old 06-01-2012, 07:00 PM   #151  

S/C/G: 212/196/160

Height: 5'7"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darralyn View Post
Hello everyone,
I am still in phase 1 but have some questions about maintenence. I have grow very fond of the bars, puddings and shakes. Do any of you continue with these items into maintenence? I plan do eat low carb forever as I have major addictions to most grains and of course sugar, but I love the sweetnes of the IP puddings and bars and want to maintain them in the future. Just curious to see if you all do this or not. Thanks.
I have never used the bars- my clinic sells no restricted's for whatever reason. But....I do continue to use the soups, puddings, drinks. But then again, I am up and down. When I was doing maintenance correctly, I used the products for a nightly snack or a phase 1 day after a treat day.
Old 06-01-2012, 09:06 PM   #152  
reboot 10/14/2014

S/C/G: 162.7/149.2/125

Height: 5'2"

Quote:
Originally Posted by capricious View Post
SaraBean & Determined- are you phase 1ing?
I was phase 1ing until today....my husband and I signed the papers for our first house! We celebrated with a glass of champagne. but hey you only buy your first house once in your life other than that, been sticking with phase 1 and it feels great! Almost back to my pre-Memorial Day weight (I gained almost 3lbs last week eek!). Just have to keep myself on track. I feel so much better about my self when I follow healthy eating habits happy weekend everyone!
Old 06-01-2012, 09:10 PM   #153  
reboot 10/14/2014

Quote:
Hello everyone,
I am still in phase 1 but have some questions about maintenence. I have grow very fond of the bars, puddings and shakes. Do any of you continue with these items into maintenence? I plan do eat low carb forever as I have major addictions to most grains and of course sugar, but I love the sweetnes of the IP puddings and bars and want to maintain them in the future. Just curious to see if you all do this or not. Thanks.
I still have an ip soup almost everyday with my salad at lunch. would be very hard to get my protein in w/o them tuna and hard boiled eggs are ok once and awhile but I feel the shakes and soups are very easy for lunch.
Old 06-01-2012, 09:13 PM   #154  
reboot 10/14/2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by Determinedat47 View Post
I am trying to phase 1- still struggling-I do great for 4-5 days and drop about 5 pounds(funny how well it works when we follow the plan) and then I go off with the excuse of- I have my period, I am stressed, I am tired, etc etc etc. Interesting how I dealt with all of thos things for 9 months last year and stayed 100% on plan. What a head game I play with myself. And once I am off for the day, well, it is ugly. Trying trying trying. I feel so great when on plan and so icky and bloated when not. Carbohydrate addiction is the pits! Hey- I'll keep trying. This forum is so great to have. Here is to a great weekend everyone!!!!!!!!
It is funny how hard it is to stick with phase 1 now even though we did it for months in the past..... lol! We both can do it! Lets stick to it
Old 06-01-2012, 09:26 PM   #155  
Started IP 12/30/11

S/C/G: 160/125/130 Phase 4!!!

Height: 5'

Quote:
Originally Posted by Momto2cs View Post
also use the simply bar, as my stomach can't deal with the sugar alcohols in ip bars.
Funny you should mention that. I downed two Atkins bars in one sitting the other day. Followed by a Simply bar for good measure? No, I was trying to stop myself from eating another Atkins. Well...what they say about sugar alcohols is true. For hours and hours all kinds of sounds and aromas were coming out of me. Very unladylike and most unpleasant. Hard to eat dinner, no matter how delicious, when you are full of gas. So I learned, the unpleasant way, that sugar alcohols and I do not go well together.
Old 06-02-2012, 11:06 AM   #156  
Maile

S/C/G: 242/130/130

Height: 5'6

Ishbel:
I hope you are feeling better..and am so glad you got to the ER room and took care of that clot. I hope with your stitches out, you can get back to exercising soon.

Momto2cs: I figure you would understand this reaction,.
I found out that I will have to switch my gym. I have been going to it for a year and a half. At first I panicked thinking I would gain all of my weight back. Then I realized that I was the one who lost all of that weight..not anyone else. I can survive and found another gym.
Exercise has become a very important part of my life.

Shavideal: Exercise is so much easier with a lighter weight. Wonderful on you losing 50 pounds!

New Englander: That is so cute being directed to the Jrs. You have done so well losing 70 pounds. Clothes shopping is now fun!

SaraBean: Congrats on getting your first house. That is exciting. Good luck to you on Phase 1ing.

Purple Sky: I did that once also. I ate a box of Atkins Bars..What a mistake..You are right about the side effects.

Determined: Good luck on Phase 1! You reminded me that I loved many of the IP soups..especially loaded with vegetables.

Cap: Hope your week is going well. Are you feeling less stressed and less tired?

Well..School finally ended. I am heading to Hawaii tomorrow to see my family. My 93 yr old mom needs to have back surgery. I know it will be a high stress visit. I plan to stay on as best as I can.

Last edited by Maile; 06-02-2012 at 11:20 AM.
Old 06-02-2012, 11:10 AM   #157  
Maile

S/C/G: 242/130/130

Height: 5'6

Quote:
Thank you very much for all your help! I have been fretting about the maintenence phase cause I like the iP stuff and it is a treat.
In my early maintenance I still had the pudding snack and crispy cereal. Some people keep using them in maintenance,. Eventually I started using alternatives such as Healthy Smart cereal and low carb breads and pancakes.

You will be fine either way!
Old 06-02-2012, 02:16 PM   #158  

I am committed to phase 1 this week. My phase 1 is truvia and half & half with 3-4 cups of coffee for breakfast and then a packet & veggies for lunch and so on. I need to stay on the wagon, meet my goal and phase off correctly. Struggling with carb addiction. A little makes me want more. Am going to Florida this month and hoping to get at least 10 pounds off by then. Nose to the grindstone!!!!!!
Old 06-02-2012, 03:04 PM   #159  
Started IP 12/30/11

S/C/G: 160/125/130 Phase 4!!!

Height: 5'

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maile View Post
Well..School finally ended. I am heading to Hawaii tomorrow to see my family. My 93 yr old mom needs to have back surgery. I know it will be a high stress visit. I plan to stay on as best as I can.
Try to sneek in a few moments for yourself, if you can. It is Hawaii after all. The air. The breeze. Hope your mom does well. I have an ailing pop and it is hard to be so far away. But, he turned the corner. Getting better. But, I understand. When you are with family, especially under stressful circumstances, you sorta have to eat whatever is there. It's a little hard to be choosey about food in the midst of that. So, you have to do the best you can. Comfort foods are often around a lot. You got this.

Just got this in an e-mail. Thought you all might enjoy.
"Men think it's a woman's dream to find the perfect man. Every woman's dream is to eat anything without getting fat."
Old 06-02-2012, 04:47 PM   #160  

Purple sky- love love love that saying- soooo true!
Old 06-02-2012, 10:39 PM   #161  

Default newbie

May i ask? What is the tittle of the book from amazon?
I have been on ip for 1month and lost about 14lbs.
I love all the ideas you all have.
thank you!
Old 06-03-2012, 01:37 AM   #162  

S/C/G: 187/?/145

Height: 5'8"

Maile- I hope your mother does well with her back surgery and that you do, indeed, enjoy your trip 'home'. How come you are changing gyms? I think I would find that very hard as well. After such a long time going to the same place everything is so wonderfully familiar to me... from the staff to fellow gym goers. Do you still weigh yourself when you go to Hawaii? I find this to be the thing that keeps me the most accountable...
PurpleSky- Love the quote! Had me laughing...
Determined & Sarabean- I'm on Phase 1 with you...
Old 06-03-2012, 08:47 AM   #163  
reboot 10/14/2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by capricious View Post
Determined & Sarabean- I'm on Phase 1 with you...
Nice! I am getting ready to cook my herb and cheese omelet
Old 06-03-2012, 09:00 AM   #164  

S/C/G: 234/231/180

Height: 5' 8"

I have to go on steroids for an MS exacerbation... it will be a five day treatment but isn't i/v solu medrol which is a good thing...Steroids caused my weight to go up beginning in 2004 when I was diagnosed. Hopefully being on IP will help me keep my weight in check...I know I'll get puffy and "nasty" looking... but hopefully I can resist the urge to splurge...steroids (for me anyway) increase my appetite...

Has anyone else gone on steroids since being on iP?
Old 06-03-2012, 11:06 AM   #165  

S/C/G: 187/?/145

Height: 5'8"

Sarabean- I'll be having the wild berry pancakes for breakfast. This is my 3rd day on Phase 1. And my 3rd day having wild berry pancakes. The first two days I made wild berry oatmeal muffins which makes about 12 mini muffins so six for lunch, six for snack, regular dinner.
I've been restricted from exercise by my doc and my calves. Neither seem to think my working out is a very good idea. The latter have been spasming and cramping every day. The former says to quit pushing it and have some patience until he can figure what's going on.... My hope is that it will resolve itself with rest. But in the meantime I have to jump off CSP because without exercise I don't lose on it. And I need to lose to get my jeans to fit properly again after my week of abandon.
So here I am.
Will continue with CSP when the whole exercise issue is resolved. Try to enjoy my rest, relaxation and Phase 1...
Determined- you do indeed sound determined again! I use almond milk in my coffee...
NewEnglander- the person to talk to would be Linden... But unfortunately she hasn't been around for a bit. My mom has MS as well... Not a pleasant disease to have to deal with... You are very strong to have done so much...
Closed Thread