Closed Thread

Old 05-19-2012, 05:57 PM   #61  
Started IP 12/30/11

S/C/G: 160/125/130 Phase 4!!!

Height: 5'

Default Pants

Okay patns, I woke up today thinking about your pants. Seriously. So, I thought I might share some that I like.

http://www.jjill.com/jjillonline/pro...id=25&sk=P&h=P

J.Jill carries some pants that I really like. Can be dressed up or down. Travel easily. Machine Washable. Chico's also has some that I like but the material is different.

The J.Jill brand is called Wearever.

http://www.jjill.com/jjillonline/pro...&BID=217985911

I just bought a pair recently as my old ones no longer fit. The material is generous enough that it works with you through different sizes. I remember. I think I used to have the full leg one and that dresses up very nicely. I think I bought the straight leg one recently and I was surprised it fit. But, that one works better with my new shape. The beauty of that full leg one is that it did a beautiful job of slimming the profile. People use to ask if I lost weight when I wore those.

I don't know if this will help you. We have new sizes and shapes now and have to keep trying on different styles and designs. These are more like a knit and the Chico's one is different.
Old 05-19-2012, 09:19 PM   #62  

S/C/G: 204/143/135

Height: 5' 1"

Thank you so much PS! I will check those out right now.

Do you realize we have been neck and neck all the way through this journey?The same stats except I just can't get the last 5 pounds off. I am actually only 5'1" if i stand up really straight.

I haven't had much experience with Chico's except one time when I drove down to Montana for a conference. I loved there stuff but was totally confused with their sizes.
I will look up the J.Jill brand now.Thanks again!
Old 05-19-2012, 10:45 PM   #63  

Thanks PS, I ordered3 pairs. I really need summer pants.

There is a good sale on (maybe it's always like that?). And it was only $12 for shipping to Canada which is great.

Pat

Last edited by patns; 05-20-2012 at 11:45 AM.
Old 05-20-2012, 12:15 PM   #64  
Maile

S/C/G: 242/130/130

Height: 5'6

Well, I am ending a stressed filled week. Way too much going on at work, and at home. I had one bad night where I seriously was so upset that I thought about turning back to food again, but I told myself that those days of turning to food are gone..It always amazes me how you can think of a million things that you could eat in one second!
I am in my 3 lb range and holding at 125-128. I am waiting for June to arrive so I can put 8 months on my tracker!

I am slowly, one at a time, talking to people at work who choose to make comments about what I eat and don't eat. The way to eat an elephant is one bite at a time. I am very nice but get my point across and find that this usually shuts people up from then on.

I have trouble fitting pants also, and have taken to wearing colored Hume's leggings. very comfortable!

Cap: I agree with you about the treat meal on the free day. One of the best things that you are doing is educating your daughter about the value of eating healthfully and that you don't have to always eat whatever anyone else is eating..no matter the occasion. I was not raised that way.

2ride: I am glad your new area opening up went well. I meant to tell you that I was sorry about your dog being attacked at that function.

5 more days of students.

CassiR: Welcome to maintenance. Enjoy your first free day!

Sarabean: Congratulations on passing your defense and your speech.

Thanks everyone for the articles and information. I learn so much here!

Last edited by Maile; 05-20-2012 at 12:17 PM.
Old 05-20-2012, 12:15 PM   #65  
Started IP 12/30/11

Wow, you did? Please let me know how they work out.

With Chico's, my guess is you are a 1, maybe 2.

With J. Jill, try a size down. For example, this time I bought a S pant, much to my surprise. The pants that I wore all the way up to 172 lbs was a L. Yes, they are forgiving. If you ever get to a store, check it out. I was going for the same wide leg last time and the store lady suggested straight. I also like their tops/tees but the fit is different. Better to try if you can.

Now, just recently I tried Soma for bras. Apparently, they are connected to Chico's so they understand comfort better. They have a few specialty sizes.

Yes, I noticed that many in a similar height range end up in a similar weight range. It's fun. We learn so much from each other. I would have never considered specialty sizes for bras. Now, it's like getting a lift.
Old 05-20-2012, 12:44 PM   #66  
Started IP 12/30/11

oops

Last edited by purple sky; 05-20-2012 at 12:46 PM. Reason: double post - glitchy comp
Old 05-20-2012, 02:32 PM   #67  

S/C/G: 143/120/120

Height: 5'1

So about the spirooli..

AMAZING. I made my own tomato sauce as well and it felt like a serious crime. One bowl of the zucchini noodles with tomato sauce is very filling. YUM!!

I made 3 large zucchini into the noodles and then threw them into boiling water for only a few seconds. They shrink down quite a bit when cooked. Otherwise just one zucchini would probably make 2 servings of raw noodles. The three blanched zucchini's turned into noodles will feed enough for me, DH, and leftovers for work tomorrow. I'm so happy I got this!

Here's the link for the sugar-free, fat-free tomato sauce as well: http://adustyframe.com/2011/03/10/su...aghetti-sauce/
The sauce was amazing. Very sweet and delicious.
Old 05-21-2012, 09:48 AM   #68  

S/C/G: 305/163/165

I'm trying to be realistic and I know that I will gain after putting some carbs back into my suppers. I'm up, not by much, pretty sure I have a salt problem as my fingers feel fat lol. However, I've lurked in here off and on and I know some of you have carb levels, calorie levels and a combination of others that you watch.

Can someone tell me how fast they gained their glycogen stores...ie how long did it take to level out. I know it's an ongoing battle...but just curious as to what happened your first week.
Old 05-21-2012, 12:16 PM   #69  

S/C/G: 169.8/135/135

Height: 5'-2" - 41 years old - 2015 Reboot: 165.4/136.0/135

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ishbel View Post
I'm trying to be realistic and I know that I will gain after putting some carbs back into my suppers. I'm up, not by much, pretty sure I have a salt problem as my fingers feel fat lol. However, I've lurked in here off and on and I know some of you have carb levels, calorie levels and a combination of others that you watch.

Can someone tell me how fast they gained their glycogen stores...ie how long did it take to level out. I know it's an ongoing battle...but just curious as to what happened your first week.
For me, it was immediate. I eat a lot of carbs and BAM! Scale goes up. In maintenance, I do mostly P3 except for after a free day or meal and then it is P1. I cannot tolerate too many carbs so P3 is my happy medium.
Old 05-21-2012, 12:18 PM   #70  

S/C/G: 169.8/135/135

Height: 5'-2" - 41 years old - 2015 Reboot: 165.4/136.0/135

I am so excited, my "carb sensitivity" book is going to arrive today! They said it wouldn't even ship until next week, but it is here already. I am so excited to start reading it! We have plans tonight, so I won't actually be able to dig my teeth in until tomorrow.
Old 05-21-2012, 12:47 PM   #71  

S/C/G: 139/120.2/118

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by CassiR View Post
So about the spirooli..

AMAZING. I made my own tomato sauce as well and it felt like a serious crime. One bowl of the zucchini noodles with tomato sauce is very filling. YUM!!

I made 3 large zucchini into the noodles and then threw them into boiling water for only a few seconds. They shrink down quite a bit when cooked. Otherwise just one zucchini would probably make 2 servings of raw noodles. The three blanched zucchini's turned into noodles will feed enough for me, DH, and leftovers for work tomorrow. I'm so happy I got this!

Here's the link for the sugar-free, fat-free tomato sauce as well: http://adustyframe.com/2011/03/10/su...aghetti-sauce/
I love it! Looks like I have a new gadget to get Thanks for the reveiw and the sauce recipe tip.
Old 05-21-2012, 02:00 PM   #72  

S/C/G: 139/120.2/118

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ishbel View Post

I lost 3lbs in P3 (bringing me to 113lbs), so those carbs didn't seem to affect me but when I started P4, I gained 5lbs pretty quickly. I didn't mind too much because that brought me to my goal weight. Now I pretty much stay around 119lbs which I'm more than happy with.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jennydoodle View Post
I am so excited, my "carb sensitivity" book is going to arrive today! They said it wouldn't even ship until next week, but it is here already. I am so excited to start reading it! We have plans tonight, so I won't actually be able to dig my teeth in until tomorrow.
It's definitely a good read. I like her style of writing and I like how she doesn't demonize all carbs. This book is more on finding out which carbs you can eat and finding out what your limits are.
Old 05-21-2012, 05:55 PM   #73  
Started IP 12/30/11

Quote:
For me, it was immediate. I eat a lot of carbs and BAM! Scale goes up. In maintenance, I do mostly P3 except for after a free day or meal and then it is P1. I cannot tolerate too many carbs so P3 is my happy medium.
So far I am doing mostly P3. That seems to work. DH is back on P1. So we can eat the same dinners.
Old 05-21-2012, 06:04 PM   #74  

Quote:
I love the book but it makes me realize how dependent I have become to the time saving aspect of the little silver packages. Almost as hard as breaking the carb addiction in the first place .
Old 05-21-2012, 06:59 PM   #75  
reboot 10/14/2014

S/C/G: 162.7/149.2/125

Height: 5'2"

Unhappy

Quote:
Originally Posted by CassiR View Post
So about the spirooli..

Yum!!!! Can't wait to try this and to make the sauce!
Closed Thread