Old 04-30-2012, 09:14 PM   #121  
Started IP May 1, 2012

S/C/G: 281/ticker/140

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3sisters View Post
I just HAD to share! And I hope this worked - I posted a picture as my "profile" picture so I think if you click on my name and View Profile you'll see the picture. This was not my original idea, but I just made the most delicious hamburger with portabella "bun" - it was sinful! I sprinkled a little worcestershire sauce (0,0,0) on my burger (95% lean) then grilled it on a griddle. Meanwhile on the same griddle I grilled 2 large portabella caps - (about 2 cups - 170g) getting them as browned as I could and cooked through (they are thick). Topped the burger with sea salt, mustard and some sugar free (sucralose) pickle relish (0,0,0). Would have liked dill slices but didn't have any. WOW! PS - wear your bib! It's VERY 'juicy'. AND well within protocol!
Thanks for the idea! I think I'll try it this weekend!
0ojoyo0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2012, 09:21 PM   #122  
Restart IP 12/26/14

Height: 5' 3"

Quote:
LOL - funny! No, I'm not brave enough to post a 'real' picture I wish I could tell you the consistency was not like mushrooms but, well, it is It's pretty firm though and 'meaty'. If you don't like it do you have someone who will "take it off your hands for you" Would hate for you to waste the money (they aren't that cheap - it will be an occasional treat), but would like for you to give it a try hoping you'll like it.....
Thanks 3 sisters, I may just have to try it and see if my tastes have changed. it has been a very long time since I tried mushrooms. If I hate it I will feed it to DH, he will eat anything.
Cadu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2012, 09:21 PM   #123  

S/C/G: 184/146/130

Height: 5'1"

The craving seems to have left. Thank you everyone for the hints to keep me going. As usual...you are all fantastic!
Interesting to read about the moody moods....I am totally like that, drives me crazy, can't get out of them....I feel bad for my hubby and kids, but I just can't help it. Reading that it may be the body burning fat helps...so I just told my husband....me being *****y is a good thing lol. Can't
Remember who posted it but thanks, it may make me a little happier when they creep up on me.
kellycg102 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2012, 09:43 PM   #124  

S/C/G: 196.6/130/134

Height: 5'2

Okay....how do you quote and comment on several posts at the same time?
DUH!!!!
NewPath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2012, 09:50 PM   #125  
Just Do It, Mom!

S/C/G: Restart 2/19/15. See Ticker

Height: 5.5

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewPath View Post
Okay....how do you quote and comment on several posts at the same time?
DUH!!!!
Next to the "Quote" button is a little button with "+ Click on that and it turns red. Click on as many as you want, then when you are ready to reply, click on "Post Reply"
3sisters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2012, 09:59 PM   #126  
Started IP 1/16/2012

Location: Pine Mountain, Georgia & on a little lake in NE Michigan

S/C/G: 291/171.4/175

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cadu View Post
Thanks 3 sisters, I may just have to try it and see if my tastes have changed. it has been a very long time since I tried mushrooms. If I hate it I will feed it to DH, he will eat anything.
Hi Carol,

I've always been a mushroom person, but I know what you're saying about the texture. Portabella's have a somewhat different texture. I now will only buy the Baby Bellas for my sliced mushrooms (to saute) as they are firmer than the normal white mushrooms. Hopefully, you'll be okay with the large ones for the hamburger "bun."

I was late coming home, finally just now finished reading all the posts in the Daily Chat (and a few other miscellaneous like the rhubarb one). Unfortunately, it's now bedtime and I can't keep my eyes open. I cannot get on this forum at work as they block most everything and if it's not blocked you could lose your job if it's not business related.

Off until tomorrow evening. Everyone stay OP.
Molly
WingnutandMe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2012, 10:10 PM   #127  
Restart IP 10/19/2013

S/C/G: 195/ticker/135

Went for my weigh in today, -3 lbs and last week was also -3 lbs. The new coach asked me if I measured my food? I answered, no. She suggested that I start writing down the time that I eat and weighing/measuring the food because it might help me boost my weekly weight loss. Then we looked back at the printouts from the scale to see my percent fat loss. Turns out the first weigh in prior to starting the diet indicated 36% body fat and the next printout a month or more later indicated 44% body fat. The scale showed that I gained 25 lbs of fat during the time that I lost 21 lbs on Ideal Protein. Also, she said the new computerized scale the office just got is more accurate. They are charging $10 per weigh in to use it. So, I asked why someone didn't point out the problem of gaining 25 lbs in the beginning of being on Ideal Protein? She explained that they are getting better training now. --To sum it up, I didn't enjoy the visit today. Plus, somehow I felt like a 3 lb loss wasn't good enough. That's just wrong!
sekc14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2012, 10:17 PM   #128  

S/C/G: 187.7/172/150

Height: 5'9

Default oops...

I lost 16lbs in 3 weeks -yay!

But....i caved. I just ate crap. Icecream, chocolate, burger. you name it, i ate it.
I think i got scared that i am losing. it feels wierd.
I just need to get back on the wagon and feel that i can accept this and
STICK TO THIS DIET!
(help!!!!)
I need to have the discipline and support to eat clean!
kje2012 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2012, 10:32 PM   #129  

S/C/G: 177/145/145

Height: 5'8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by sekc14 View Post
Went for my weigh in today, -3 lbs and last week was also -3 lbs. The new coach asked me if I measured my food? I answered, no. She suggested that I start writing down the time that I eat and weighing/measuring the food because it might help me boost my weekly weight loss. Then we looked back at the printouts from the scale to see my percent fat loss. Turns out the first weigh in prior to starting the diet indicated 36% body fat and the next printout a month or more later indicated 44% body fat. The scale showed that I gained 25 lbs of fat during the time that I lost 21 lbs on Ideal Protein. Also, she said the new computerized scale the office just got is more accurate. They are charging $10 per weigh in to use it. So, I asked why someone didn't point out the problem of gaining 25 lbs in the beginning of being on Ideal Protein? She explained that they are getting better training now. --To sum it up, I didn't enjoy the visit today. Plus, somehow I felt like a 3 lb loss wasn't good enough. That's just wrong!
That was terrible! 3 pounds 2 weeks in a row is excellent. Plus 21 pounds is also great!
Those sales are not accurate, and if he is comparing the results of two different ones it really means nothing.
Do you feel like you are losing muscle? If not, accept that hydration, exercise, the program used on the scale, etc could all be factors. You are doing great and your ouch should have provided encouragement and support, not criticism.

I have had a number of coaches and they have been varying degrees of helpful. I would try to see ome one different next time.

Congrats on the great weigh ins!! Keep at it!! Don't worry about body fat etc!
Momto2cs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2012, 10:33 PM   #130  

S/C/G: 239lbs 2nd x 193/ticker/155

Height: 5' 8"

Quote:
Next to the "Quote" button is a little button with "+ Click on that and it turns red. Click on as many as you want, then when you are ready to reply, click on "Post Reply"
I was wondering the same thing. Thanks for the explaination.
Lace and Levis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2012, 10:36 PM   #131  
started IP 3/30/12

S/C/G: see ticker

Height: 5' 4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darralyn View Post
Hi, I have a big success to share. For me not wanting to dissapoint others has been a downfall; but today I told my SIL that I could not eat the meals at her son's upcoming Bar Mitzvah and she argued a bit but I stuck to my guns and explained that it was something I had to do for myself and would she just please understand. We ended up OK; but she was a bit unhappy to begin with. This is a huge success on my part, just wanted to share with you all.

Congratulations to you Darralyn! It is hard to get used to speaking up for yourself on occasions like this from my experience!

Quote:
Originally Posted by drakegirl View Post
Hi everyone. Today I put on a size 18 dress that I haven't fit into in close to 10 years - and it fit! (I had been size 24 when I started IP) PLUS I tried on my wedding dress and it fit too! (that's been almost 14 years!) I LOVE this program! I discovered this weekend that when I'm around someone eating something I like, I'm now able to just imagine the taste in my mouth and it's like I'm enjoying it too. I can remember what it tastes like and I know that I don't need that taste - being healthy is much more important to me now. Have a great OP week!
Awesome!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shortcake224 View Post
Not feeling very good. Too stressed out. Still OP, but I find it hard to get everything in. I got on the program to help with diabetes because I hate taking pills. LOL Now it seems to loose the weight, I am taking more pills than I bargained for. UGGH! I hate it. Can't seem to get a routine, constantly runnin g to the store for something: vegetables, WF, seasonings, etc. Not to mention the "Big C" problems. Help!!!!
I have been on the program for 4 wks now and have found yes you are taking more pills and going to the store more often in the beginning until you get a rhythm for what you want to eat and how you want to eat it. The extra pills you are taking here are designed to help you become a healthier you and in the long run will get you in a place where you wont need the diabetic medication anymore.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kje2012 View Post
I lost 16lbs in 3 weeks -yay!

But....i caved. I just ate crap. Icecream, chocolate, burger. you name it, i ate it.
I think i got scared that i am losing. it feels wierd.
I just need to get back on the wagon and feel that i can accept this and
STICK TO THIS DIET!
(help!!!!)
I need to have the discipline and support to eat clean!
Funny I have been feeling this way for 2 days. I ate a piece of bread, and today I ate tamarind balls (sour & sweet). After I had it I realise it is because I have to change the way I think about myself and for myself. We cannot sabotage our success!!
sanaroph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2012, 10:37 PM   #132  
Started IP 11/28/2011

S/C/G: 260.8/144/150

Quote:
Originally Posted by WingnutandMe View Post
Hi Carol,

I've always been a mushroom person, but I know what you're saying about the texture. Portabella's have a somewhat different texture. I now will only buy the Baby Bellas for my sliced mushrooms (to saute) as they are firmer than the normal white mushrooms. Hopefully, you'll be okay with the large ones for the hamburger "bun."

I was late coming home, finally just now finished reading all the posts in the Daily Chat (and a few other miscellaneous like the rhubarb one). Unfortunately, it's now bedtime and I can't keep my eyes open. I cannot get on this forum at work as they block most everything and if it's not blocked you could lose your job if it's not business related.

Off until tomorrow evening. Everyone stay OP.
Molly
Molly,
I made the pudding pancakes today. Thank you so much for posting the recipes yesterday!
SewingMomma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2012, 10:44 PM   #133  
[url=http://www.3fatchick

S/C/G: 164/137/135

Quote:
Originally Posted by sekc14 View Post
A 3 lb. loss 2 weeks in a row is great! Are you excercising at all? It also sounds like you're compairing apples to oranges.
artflunky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2012, 10:50 PM   #134  
Just Do It, Mom!

S/C/G: Restart 2/19/15. See Ticker

Height: 5.5

Quote:
Originally Posted by SewingMomma View Post
Molly,
I made the pudding pancakes today. Thank you so much for posting the recipes yesterday!
I just made the pudding pancakes (lemon) and have a question. The recipe I have doesn't call for water to be added (only liquid is beaten egg whites and a little vanilla), but there is no way you can mix that stuff without water to thin it down. So I added enough water to at least be able to mix it til smooth, but the pancakes were about and inch thick! Fluffy, almost like a souffle' inside. Tasted good, especially with the WF syrup, but is this how they are supposed to be? Or, should I be adding water and should I be able to "pour" the batter into the pan like a pancake?
3sisters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2012, 11:13 PM   #135  
Started IP 11/28/2011

S/C/G: 260.8/144/150

Quote:
I just made the pudding pancakes (lemon) and have a question. The recipe I have doesn't call for water to be added (only liquid is beaten egg whites and a little vanilla), but there is no way you can mix that stuff without water to thin it down. So I added enough water to at least be able to mix it til smooth, but the pancakes were about and inch thick! Fluffy, almost like a souffle' inside. Tasted good, especially with the WF syrup, but is this how they are supposed to be? Or, should I be adding water and should I be able to "pour" the batter into the pan like a pancake?
The recipe that I used said to add up to 4oz of water. I added mine a little at a time until the batter was the same consistency of regular pancake batter. My pudding pancakes were the same thickness as regular pancakes and weren't souffle-like. I beat my egg whites until they were frothy.
SewingMomma is offline   Reply With Quote