Old 04-30-2012, 12:27 PM   #46  

S/C/G: 300/152/154

Height: 5 ft 5.525 inches

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kat2500 View Post
I am almost thru my first week on the IP program. When I am out I find it hard to remember to take the supplements. How do you keep all of that straight. I am hoping when this all becomes more routine that I will not forget to take the supplements or use the salt.

Any suggestions would be welcome.

Thank you.
My memory is so bad that I use weekly pillboxes, one for each meal and snack. Then, at least I know if I forgot. You can also get single day pillboxes that you can throw in your purse.

Good luck!
Sewmam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2012, 12:45 PM   #47  

S/C/G: 299/see ticker/180

Height: 5'5

Quick question: Not sure what happened I was so excited about my 10 lbs first WI not for some reason Im down. Not sure what is going on, Im hard on myself thinking my next WI wont be good (not sure why). I've stayed OP but Im just wondering is the mood thing normal, its not PMS that is gone. LOL.
prettyone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2012, 12:51 PM   #48  
IP Round #3: 11/14/2023

S/C/G: 210/184/145

Height: 5'5"/49yo

Quote:
Originally Posted by prettyone View Post
Quick question: Not sure what happened I was so excited about my 10 lbs first WI not for some reason Im down. Not sure what is going on, Im hard on myself thinking my next WI wont be good (not sure why). I've stayed OP but Im just wondering is the mood thing normal, its not PMS that is gone. LOL.
Lucky us, women store estrogen in our fat - so as we burn off fat the estrogen gets released into our bloodstream. This is why you'll experience some mood swings, crazy TOM, and failed birth control (if you take the pill - double up your protection!). So it's good you are moody - it means you burned off fat!
LizRR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2012, 12:53 PM   #49  

Quote:
Originally Posted by LizRR View Post
Lucky us, women store estrogen in our fat - so as we burn off fat the estrogen gets released into our bloodstream. This is why you'll experience some mood swings, crazy TOM, and failed birth control (if you take the pill - double up your protection!). So it's good you are moody - it means you burned off fat!
Thanks LizzRR, I was googling and it said that the mood change is one way to know your burning fat. I was just making sure I wasnt about to short circuit LOL j/k. But I was like ok Im cold and moody and my TOM was like last week so its not that. the fat is burning lol. Thanks
Old 04-30-2012, 01:01 PM   #50  
Began IP 3-29-2012

S/C/G: 470/316/220

Height: 6'00"

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtnsun4 View Post
Back to the grind today! I am anxious at what the day at work will bring after being at a conference all week. I have issues with anxiety so I really need to watch this today. I have my lunch bag packed with all my daily food so I am set!!

Hope everyone has a super day......I am hoping to check in tonight! Thank you for all who gave me supportive comments upon my return on Saturday. It was so nice to come home to, and one of the reasons it has been a great process getting back OP!
We are glad you're back and that you packed lunch. I'm eating my big salad now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cadu View Post
Happy Monday Everybody!

Yesterday my sister came over to help out for the shower, when she saw me she said "OMG look how skinny you are" & then later she said "I just cant stop looking at you, I cant believe how good you look". That made me feel good.

Anyway, getting ready to do stuff around the house today. Just wanted to wish everyone a great OP day.
Cadu, that is awesome! Keep up the good work.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sewmam View Post
My memory is so bad that I use weekly pillboxes, one for each meal and snack. Then, at least I know if I forgot. You can also get single day pillboxes that you can throw in your purse.

Good luck!
Sewmam

I put my IP pills in my daily pill box too. I'm close to 100% on my morning pills and 75% on my nightly pills. I'm working on getting better. The AM/PM box helps and I have a plastic baggie in my lunch box with IP supplements too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mlucas View Post
Warning...TMI!!!

SO I had an intersting sunday... after "baking cookies"

I almost passed out at the water park last Wednesday. I had to sit down and drink water. I did not think about how humid it was in there. I hit the water twice as hard the next day. Soooo remember your water before "baking cookies" too next time.
usmcvet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2012, 01:04 PM   #51  

S/C/G: 300/152/154

Height: 5 ft 5.525 inches

Quote:
Originally Posted by mlucas View Post

I would get dizzy a bit after i worked out, but i was working out way too hard, i cant get the work out to protein ratio down so i just said screw working out for now. But once i phase in to 3 I'm going to start again.
But yeah i remembered that too... so i figured it wouldnt be such a bad thing if i did a packet everyonce in a while instead of the full meat... i will talk to my coach about it and see what she says!
I am embarrassed to say the original meaning of 'baking cookies' went right over my head!!! I'm such a dolt! I'm still glad you are okay, but all I can say is...'carry on!'
Sewmam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2012, 01:14 PM   #52  

S/C/G: 222/187/140

Height: 5'4"

Hi Everyone! There are so many NSV and SV all over the board today, congrats to all!

WI#9 today, down another 2.6 pounds! That is almost 30 pds so far!

Had a chat with my coach, if anyone remembers last week I had a different coach that I didn't know, and she is going to make sure she sees me. I am so relieved, I have such a hard time reveling my weight to a stranger, face to face, it causes me some serious anxiety.

I am going to be out of town next Monday, WI day, and we discussed skipping a week or changing days. Decided I can handle skipping a week without it leading me down a road of cheats. So 100% on plan I will continue and check in here regularly to help keep my motivation. I also joined the new challenge!

Thank you all for your support!
cmk33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2012, 01:15 PM   #53  
Started IP Jan 14/12

S/C/G: 242/ticker/140

Height: 5'7"

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3sisters View Post
Morning everyone! Challenging weekend with a shower on Saturday and a birthday party on Sunday, and stayed 100% OP! Just kept telling myself "cheating is not an option"......filled up on more veggies and water!

NSV - got a few "you're really looking good" comments (no one knows I am doing IP). Yay! It's not just me noticing

Have a great day everyone.
well done and congrats on the comments
northernfawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2012, 01:16 PM   #54  

S/C/G: 164/161.8/145

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3sisters View Post
Morning everyone! Challenging weekend with a shower on Saturday and a birthday party on Sunday, and stayed 100% OP! Just kept telling myself "cheating is not an option"......filled up on more veggies and water!
3Sisters,
Great that you stayed OP! It is hard when all around are eating and drinking tasty things. I had 2 social events this weekend (evening events) and both times I made sure I had eaten dinner and 1/2 of my evening snack before I stepped out the door. That's what saves me. I "eat" very lightly at the social events - push a little salad around my plate and have water that I flavor w/ the Mio I have at all times in my purse. It works and no one really notices I'm not eating.

Congrats on the NSVs!!

Quote:
Happy Monday Everybody!

Yesterday my sister came over to help out for the shower, when she saw me she said "OMG look how skinny you are" & then later she said "I just cant stop looking at you, I cant believe how good you look". That made me feel good.
It's great your sister said that and can honestly support you that way. Sometimes its hard for siblings to do that. My own sisters do not support my weight loss efforts and I guess its because they both need to lose over 100 pounds but refuse to stop eating cake and ice cream, really.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jag23 View Post
Good morning.........I need some help.........Could someone or more of you bebome mu buddy? I find myself losing motivation and since I have been at least 4 weeks or nore not getting weighed,I have been cheating. Even difficult for me to admit that and actually write it. My goal was 147lbc,I did see 18 one morning......I weighed myself this am and it showed 155lbs.

Today I am going to the clinic and I pray to get back totally OP.....I feel I need someone here to make me more accountable..........I want to be finished P1 by the end of May,cause I leave for Nova Scotia for 4 mths.
Have a great day IPers........You are the best
Jag, You have a dozen plus friends already right here! Keep talking to us and we'll keep supporting you. Welcome, friend!

Last edited by Chloe222; 04-30-2012 at 01:18 PM.
Chloe222 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2012, 01:19 PM   #55  
Michele

S/C/G: 240/149/150

Height: 5.5

ok i set up my tracker now idont know how to put if up ..i even read the great instrutions and still no go i will probbly have to wait for my college girl to come home and help me..im so computer challenged..ha ha day 22 on ideal protein diet and not cheated yet.. last year lost 40 pounds on slimfat but gained 11 pounds back..started ideal protein on april 7 and now 193..so happy started 240 last year before slim fast!!! Made the cereal and lemon pudding pancakes yum !
haddy4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2012, 01:20 PM   #56  
04/23/12~Kara

S/C/G: 194.8/171.2/135

Default Weigh In # 1

Hey all, had my first official weigh in, down 5.0 LBS. While this is a small number, TOM started last week and I inadvertently ate a tortilla that I thought was some miracle of spinach, turns out it was flour, with spinach...I am so gullible it's sad.

I'm still pumped though, because I started watching carbs 3 days before my first WI, and so I'm technically down 9.2 LBS in 10 days, which is a way better feeling, even with TOM looming over me. I am hoping that the next two weeks will be higher loss (well, not higher, but high for normal), hoping for 3LB / week , esp once I'm off TOM.

Does walking etc. hinder weight loss or help during phase I? I'm doing fine as far as food intake goes throughout the day so not worried about that, just don't want to hurt this, but used to walk about 30 min a day during my lunch, would like to start doing that again if it won't hurt my progress.

Thoughts?
Kaypix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2012, 01:30 PM   #57  
Restart IP 12/26/14

Height: 5' 3"

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProteinGal View Post
I'm so happy, just got back from WI #4, I lost 5.8 pounds and 4.5". Going to have my breakfast and start the 21 day cleanse. {kicking my heals}!
5.8!!!!! WOW that fantastic. way to go.

Quote:
Originally Posted by prettyone View Post
Thanks LizzRR, I was googling and it said that the mood change is one way to know your burning fat. I was just making sure I wasnt about to short circuit LOL j/k. But I was like ok Im cold and moody and my TOM was like last week so its not that. the fat is burning lol. Thanks
Yes pretty one that is normal, sometimes I am like a crazy person with my moods.. ( at least now I can blame it on the fat burning) HA HA

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmk33 View Post
Hi Everyone! There are so many NSV and SV all over the board today, congrats to all!

WI#9 today, down another 2.6 pounds! That is almost 30 pds so far!
WHOOO HOOOOOOOO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaypix View Post
Hey all, had my first official weigh in, down 5.0 LBS. While this is a small number, TOM started last week and I inadvertently ate a tortilla that I thought was some miracle of spinach, turns out it was flour, with spinach...I am so gullible it's sad.

I'm still pumped though, because I started watching carbs 3 days before my first WI, and so I'm technically down 9.2 LBS in 10 days, which is a way better feeling, even with TOM looming over me. I am hoping that the next two weeks will be higher loss (well, not higher, but high for normal), hoping for 3LB / week , esp once I'm off TOM.

Does walking etc. hinder weight loss or help during phase I? I'm doing fine as far as food intake goes throughout the day so not worried about that, just don't want to hurt this, but used to walk about 30 min a day during my lunch, would like to start doing that again if it won't hurt my progress.

Thoughts?
5 pounds is a great weight loss. You did a great job. My coach said I could start walking right away and can do light exercise at 1 month into the program.
Cadu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2012, 01:39 PM   #58  
Started IP Jan 14/12

S/C/G: 242/ticker/140

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chikara View Post
Hi everyone. DH and I just started on IP this past Friday. So far so good. I love all the support on here and the recipes. What amazing success stories. I bought several WF products because I love to cook so anything that adds more flavour is a plus for me. FinnSteven's recipes have really inspired me to get creative.

I have some friends who have had amazing success on this diet but they warned me about a few things and I wanted to get some other opinions:

1. If you get creative with your recipes including using WF products have you found that you lose less on those weeks? A friend mentioned she lost less on the weeks where she got creative than when she stuck to the plain IP packs/veggies and kept it simple.
2. I am a huge DavidsTEA fan and although their teas claim they are 0 cal, 0 fat, and 0 sugar... my coach said to be careful of fruit teas...many have pieces of apple, strawberries, chocolate, coconut etc. I see on here that many of you drink fruit teas so I want to make sure I can drink these and not throw myself out of ketosis.

I look forward to joining your chats and posting our progress.

I too love David's Teas....I limit the fruit teas to once per day, but be careful of some that may have 'sprinkles' added, such as the new birthday cake and cupcake teas.....you can check their website for lists of ingredients in each tea
northernfawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2012, 01:46 PM   #59  

Quote:

Yes pretty one that is normal, sometimes I am like a crazy person with my moods.. ( at least now I can blame it on the fat burning) HA HA
The funny thing is Im fine now. My mood is back to normal. lol. its also funny that my appetite is not there. I was hungry this morning I drank some tea and was fine now Im trying to get my salad down. Amazing how I use to clean a plate and get 2nd servings now Im struggling to get a salad down. This is great
Old 04-30-2012, 01:46 PM   #60  

Height: 5'5"

Well, here I go again, I was on IP a couple of years ago and had done quite well....but unfortunatly lost track and put all the weight back on. So after trying several diets on my own, i've come to the conclusion that IP is my best option....so here I come again..i have a consultation on Thursday and will be back on full force come Friday!!
meandmax is offline   Reply With Quote