Old 04-30-2012, 05:44 PM   #91  

S/C/G: 187/162/145

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by rvingprincess View Post
I just got such a wonderful compliment at lunch today. One of my co-workers asked me what I was doing as I was looking younger. What a coinsidence as I turned 60 yesterday, you would think I would look older. I told her that I was on this great diet called IP and have just lost 14 lbs. in 2 weeks. Boy did that lift my spirits. Whoopi
Hi RVingprincess! I am turning 60 next January, and wanted to do something special for my milestone birthday. I climbed Mt Kiliminjaro for my 50th. I decided that getting to a normal weight would be my celebration for 60 years. I hope it is easier than climbing a mountain--haha. Nice to see someone my age!
Up North Girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2012, 05:44 PM   #92  

S/C/G: 267/261/164

Height: 5'3"

Quote:
Originally Posted by usmcvet View Post
Went to the movies yesterday with the kids. The seat was still tight but it was not painful. Amazing what fifty pounds will do. Also today I had to go back home after getting to work. My pants were falling off. I had to dig for a pair in the back of the closet. I went from a 60 to the 52's I'm wearing now. The 52 is a little tight, 54 would be better but I don't expect the 52's to be tight for long! I also stopped by the local leather shop and had them put two more holes in my leather pants belt. Nice feeling.
Wow!!!! That's great keep up the good work!!!
Shortcake224 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2012, 05:46 PM   #93  
Began IP 3-29-2012

S/C/G: 470/316/220

Height: 6'00"

Thanks for the kind word, it makes a huge difference in my day. On the way home but wanted to check in before leaving.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcjnjj View Post
Speaking of "cookies"...the real ones, I found my husband in the kitchen last night sneaking a cookie. Apparently he hid them somewhere in the house...out of my sight. Very sweet!
That is sweet. My wife made a cake for her sisters bridal shower this weekend. She always saves the shavings from the cake, which usually is a full plate of cake in the fridge. After the kids had some I tossed it in the trash too much temptation for me every time I opened the fridge!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darralyn View Post
Hi, I have a big success to share. For me not wanting to dissapoint others has been a downfall; but today I told my SIL that I could not eat the meals at her son's upcoming Bar Mitzvah and she argued a bit but I stuck to my guns and explained that it was something I had to do for myself and would she just please understand. We ended up OK; but she was a bit unhappy to begin with. This is a huge success on my part, just wanted to share with you all.
Darralyn

That is awesome. I tend to be to much of a push over too. Good for you sticking up for yourself and sticking to IP! I'm proud of you.

Just remember, listen to the former Marine! You need to hydrate before exercising, or "Baking Cookies" so you don't pass out.

Last edited by usmcvet; 04-30-2012 at 05:46 PM.
usmcvet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2012, 05:46 PM   #94  

S/C/G: 279.8/see ticker/155

Height: 5'6''

Quote:
Hi, I have a big success to share. For me not wanting to dissapoint others has been a downfall; but today I told my SIL that I could not eat the meals at her son's upcoming Bar Mitzvah and she argued a bit but I stuck to my guns and explained that it was something I had to do for myself and would she just please understand. We ended up OK; but she was a bit unhappy to begin with. This is a huge success on my part, just wanted to share with you all.
Good for you! I know how hard that can be and I'm so glad you prioritized yourself. My first two weeks I had Easter at my grandmother's and a baby shower for a good friend and I just explained I would be bringing my own food. Easter was the hardest as my grandmother didn't get it but ultimately it worked out fine...and I felt great that I still participated in the events and stayed true to myself.
LSJ100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2012, 05:47 PM   #95  
Started IP Jan. 17, 2012

S/C/G: 191/149/150

Height: 5'5"

I have read 2 pages of this daily chat so far and find myself wanting more, but had to post something before I leave work cause once I'm home, my life is hectic with kids and DH. My husband called me when he got home tonight and I finally got the courage to tell him to hide the scale. I have weighed myself EVERY DAY since Jan 17 my start date. I can't keep looking.

I see that some of you have asked for supporters because it's hard to stay OP. I have been on this for over 3 months and I am struggling for the last 17/18 lbs.

TOM was last week and I did cheat (a regular protein bar instead of IP protein bar and a piece of veggie pizza) and had my first gain of .8. I did lose some inches, but nothing like before.

My husband was on the program and has reached goal and moved on. I am very happy with the results and my look now, but I have some "Jiggly" that HAS to go AWAY. Please I ask for help.

Thank you.
audgirl78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2012, 05:49 PM   #96  

S/C/G: 267/261/164

Height: 5'3"

Not feeling very good. Too stressed out. Still OP, but I find it hard to get everything in. I got on the program to help with diabetes because I hate taking pills. LOL Now it seems to loose the weight, I am taking more pills than I bargained for. UGGH! I hate it. Can't seem to get a routine, constantly runnin g to the store for something: vegetables, WF, seasonings, etc. Not to mention the "Big C" problems. Help!!!!
Shortcake224 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2012, 06:04 PM   #97  

S/C/G: 258.4/163.6/168.4

Height: 5' 3"

Hi everyone. Today I put on a size 18 dress that I haven't fit into in close to 10 years - and it fit! (I had been size 24 when I started IP) PLUS I tried on my wedding dress and it fit too! (that's been almost 14 years!) I LOVE this program! I discovered this weekend that when I'm around someone eating something I like, I'm now able to just imagine the taste in my mouth and it's like I'm enjoying it too. I can remember what it tastes like and I know that I don't need that taste - being healthy is much more important to me now. Have a great OP week!
drakegirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2012, 06:09 PM   #98  

Height: 5'7

Sounds like everyone is having a great Monday!
My day has been awesome - I have been full of energy since I left the house this morning on my way to work. I continue to stay on plan, and all of the "wow you are losing weight" comments at work continue to fuel my desire to keep on this plan (that and the wedding I have next year!)

I do have a few questions and would like some suggestions

- I'm starting my weight lifting class after work today, 5:30 - 6:30. I am planning on having my snack before I go to the gym, and will have dinner when I get back. Do I still need the extra packet (making 4 for the day) since I'm eating dinner after and my snack before? (I generally eat my snack between lunch and dinner anyway, and forgo an evening snack/IP Packet)

- Has anyone ran out of multi-vitamins and went with their own brand or did you purchase the IP ones again? I am just about out and have not seen anything amazing from these multi-vitamins and would almost prefer my normal vitamins that I took prior to starting IP. Not to mention the cost. sheesh! Thoughts?

Thanks for the help!!!
Soootiff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2012, 06:17 PM   #99  

S/C/G: 177/145/145

Height: 5'8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by audgirl78 View Post
I have read 2 pages of this daily chat so far and find myself wanting more, but had to post something before I leave work cause once I'm home, my life is hectic with kids and DH. My husband called me when he got home tonight and I finally got the courage to tell him to hide the scale. I have weighed myself EVERY DAY since Jan 17 my start date. I can't keep looking.

I see that some of you have asked for supporters because it's hard to stay OP. I have been on this for over 3 months and I am struggling for the last 17/18 lbs.

TOM was last week and I did cheat (a regular protein bar instead of IP protein bar and a piece of veggie pizza) and had my first gain of .8. I did lose some inches, but nothing like before.

My husband was on the program and has reached goal and moved on. I am very happy with the results and my look now, but I have some "Jiggly" that HAS to go AWAY. Please I ask for help.

Thank you.
Stick with it. You will be glad you did!

Tom sucks! I had imitate struggles this weekend and am trying to stick to phase 1 this week to correct any gain. Sigh
Momto2cs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2012, 06:47 PM   #100  

S/C/G: 160/155/110

Height: 5'1"

Just ate an early dinner cause I was starving, but now my stomach is full and I want to keep eating!
atho128 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2012, 07:01 PM   #101  

S/C/G: Start 149/ goal 115

Height: 5'3

Hello! I am starting tomorrow and i am very excited i found this site. I found a lot of useful information and creative ways to still enjoys food without getting bored. I have a few concerns for the first week. How did you measure 2 cups of veggies? If you go over on the amount of veggies will it effect the diet negatively? Will i not lose as much weight? I heard you need to be very strict with the amounts. I bought a scale to measure it. Also does anyone know if Dandelions are allowed at all throughout the diet? Does anyone have any tips for the first week? I want to make sure I start out on the right track and follow the protocol closely. Thanks!
MelBolduc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2012, 07:01 PM   #102  

S/C/G: 195/162/135 Before IP 225

Height: 5'4"

atho128 go to bed or whatever you have to do to not eat, sometimes I go to bed at 6:30 and read so I don't think about eating.
Darralyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2012, 07:03 PM   #103  

Quote:
atho128 go to bed or whatever you have to do to not eat, sometimes I go to bed at 6:30 and read so I don't think about eating.
Thanks for this advice! I should probably be studying anyway haha
Old 04-30-2012, 07:05 PM   #104  

S/C/G: 184/146/130

Wow I am feeling a little off today. I am feeling like I need something sweet....like a restricted bar, but I already had a restricted today. This is the worst for me I think. I am leaving for Baltimore on Wednesday and I have never been good about about staying on any diet while traveling......hoping to change that this time, but I am worried that this feeling of needing something sweet is going to continue and ruin my "cheating is not an option" rule while I am away. I am going to prepare veggies and meat to take with me, and my packs of course, but boy am I anxious about it. I haven't told my brother that I am on this diet, so he doesn't know I have lost 25lbs....I hope he notices.
Anyway sipping on a coffee hoping it will pass, it has worked in the past.

Have a good night everyone.
kellycg102 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2012, 07:09 PM   #105  

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by kellycg102 View Post
Wow I am feeling a little off today. I am feeling like I need something sweet....like a restricted bar, but I already had a restricted today. This is the worst for me I think. I am leaving for Baltimore on Wednesday and I have never been good about about staying on any diet while traveling......hoping to change that this time, but I am worried that this feeling of needing something sweet is going to continue and ruin my "cheating is not an option" rule while I am away. I am going to prepare veggies and meat to take with me, and my packs of course, but boy am I anxious about it. I haven't told my brother that I am on this diet, so he doesn't know I have lost 25lbs....I hope he notices.
Anyway sipping on a coffee hoping it will pass, it has worked in the past.

Have a good night everyone.
25 pounds is a HUGE accomplishment and I'm sure he will notice!! If you crave sweets a lot I highly recommend getting some of the WF products. WF for an IPer is like candy for kids!