Old 04-30-2012, 01:59 PM   #61  
Began IP 3-29-2012

S/C/G: 470/316/220

Height: 6'00"

Quote:
Originally Posted by haddy4 View Post
ok i set up my tracker now idont know how to put if up ..i even read the great instrutions and still no go i will probbly have to wait for my college girl to come home and help me..im so computer challenged..ha ha day 22 on ideal protein diet and not cheated yet.. last year lost 40 pounds on slimfat but gained 11 pounds back..started ideal protein on april 7 and now 193..so happy started 240 last year before slim fast!!! Made the cereal and lemon pudding pancakes yum !
Is your account at least 20 days old? You should be able to go into your CP and then into your signature and cut and paste your signature there.
usmcvet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2012, 02:02 PM   #62  
Began IP 3-29-2012

S/C/G: 470/316/220

Height: 6'00"

Went to the movies yesterday with the kids. The seat was still tight but it was not painful. Amazing what fifty pounds will do. Also today I had to go back home after getting to work. My pants were falling off. I had to dig for a pair in the back of the closet. I went from a 60 to the 52's I'm wearing now. The 52 is a little tight, 54 would be better but I don't expect the 52's to be tight for long! I also stopped by the local leather shop and had them put two more holes in my leather pants belt. Nice feeling.
usmcvet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2012, 02:05 PM   #63  

S/C/G: 208

Height: 5'3"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jag23 View Post
Good morning.........I need some help.........Could someone or more of you bebome mu buddy? I find myself losing motivation and since I have been at least 4 weeks or nore not getting weighed,I have been cheating. Even difficult for me to admit that and actually write it. My goal was 147lbc,I did see 18 one morning......I weighed myself this am and it showed 155lbs.

Today I am going to the clinic and I pray to get back totally OP.....I feel I need someone here to make me more accountable..........I want to be finished P1 by the end of May,cause I leave for Nova Scotia for 4 mths.
Have a great day IPers........You are the best
I have only been on the program myself for only 2 weeks, but what I have found from reading all the posts everyday is that you have to stay strong. This program DOES work I have lost 14lbs. in 2 weeks. Please read everyday all the posts, it will give you motivation, as some of these people have lost a great deal of weight (some over 100 lbs.). What I am doing is taking one day at a time, don't look at tomorrow or next week, just think about staying OP today and before you know it it will be tomorrow or next week and all of a sudden you say I CAN DO THIS!! You did the right thing coming here for support, everyone here is like a big family and will give you all the support you need.
rvingprincess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2012, 02:05 PM   #64  
reboot 10/14/2014

S/C/G: 162.7/149.2/125

Height: 5'2"

Hello all! Happy Monday!

I stepped outside of my comfort zone today and am very proud!

I have met a new friend at the gym and we have been jogging in the mornings for the past couple of months. She is in super good shape and is always competing in tough mudder events / 5ks / etc. Anyhoo, this morning she asked me to be on her team for "field day" at our university where we are both employed. Do you all remember field day growing up in elementary school? It used to scare the crap out of me! I would try to fake that I was sick and would be anxious all day about having to try and be athletic / competitive.... So this event is the same thing only with a bunch of college aged kids (and a few teams of faculty and staff.... which is the group I am in)

Well, I told her YES! I would do it!!! There will be a wheel barrel race, a relay race, a rock climbing wall, a foot ball throw, a basket ball tournament, etc. YIKES!!!!!

I am so proud that I am becoming confident enough to try new things and not be afraid. I am sure we won't be the winning team. and I'm all right with that!

SaraBean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2012, 02:06 PM   #65  

S/C/G: 300/152/154

Height: 5 ft 5.525 inches

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaypix View Post
Hey all, had my first official weigh in, down 5.0 LBS. While this is a small number, TOM started last week and I inadvertently ate a tortilla that I thought was some miracle of spinach, turns out it was flour, with spinach...I am so gullible it's sad.

I'm still pumped though, because I started watching carbs 3 days before my first WI, and so I'm technically down 9.2 LBS in 10 days, which is a way better feeling, even with TOM looming over me. I am hoping that the next two weeks will be higher loss (well, not higher, but high for normal), hoping for 3LB / week , esp once I'm off TOM.

Does walking etc. hinder weight loss or help during phase I? I'm doing fine as far as food intake goes throughout the day so not worried about that, just don't want to hurt this, but used to walk about 30 min a day during my lunch, would like to start doing that again if it won't hurt my progress.

Thoughts?
Walking is exactly what IP suggests. Some people wait until they are in the program a few weeks before starting. You just don't want to do very aerobic exercise because you will not have the reserves to handle it on a low-fat-carb diet. Strength training is also good.

Good luck - great progress!
Sewmam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2012, 02:06 PM   #66  
started IP 3/30/12

S/C/G: see ticker

Height: 5' 4"

Good afternoon IPers

Had a long weekend traveling to MD for a wedding. Left late friday nite as I had to go to NY earlier in the day. I forgot my dinner so could not eat it in the car.. Long story short I found the rest stops in MD sell boiled eggs! That was my dinner.

I stayed OP for Saturday, the wedding then last night, I had a craving for a slice of bread .. and I ate it.. You know what it did not even taste as good as I remember it. I ended spitting it out and calling it a day.

The hardest challenge the past weekend was getting in water, veggies and lettuce because you know if you are drinking your water, the bathroom has to be nearby Today and the next few days I get to play catch up with water.

It is a beautiful afternoon here and am wishing you all a great OP day

Last edited by sanaroph; 04-30-2012 at 02:08 PM.
sanaroph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2012, 02:12 PM   #67  

S/C/G: 300/152/154

Height: 5 ft 5.525 inches

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaraBean View Post
Hello all! Happy Monday!

I stepped outside of my comfort zone today and am very proud!

Good for you !!!! Phase 4 oughta be a piece of cake with that attitude!
(gee...maybe I should find a different metaphor )

Quote:
Originally Posted by rvingprincess View Post
I have only been on the program myself for only 2 weeks, but what I have found from reading all the posts everyday is that you have to stay strong. This program DOES work I have lost 14lbs. in 2 weeks.
Absotively! If you look at the total amount you have to loose, it can be overwhelming, so just follow the plan and be determined, and it will indeed happen! Good luck to both of you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by usmcvet View Post
Went to the movies yesterday with the kids. The seat was still tight but it was not painful. Amazing what fifty pounds will do. Also today I had to go back home after getting to work. My pants were falling off. I had to dig for a pair in the back of the closet. I went from a 60 to the 52's I'm wearing now. The 52 is a little tight, 54 would be better but I don't expect the 52's to be tight for long! I also stopped by the local leather shop and had them put two more holes in my leather pants belt. Nice feeling.
Congratulations !!! I know the feeling well!
Sewmam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2012, 02:13 PM   #68  
started IP 3/30/12

S/C/G: see ticker

Height: 5' 4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by usmcvet View Post

That is a nice feeling congrats!
sanaroph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2012, 02:22 PM   #69  
reboot 10/14/2014

S/C/G: 162.7/149.2/125

Height: 5'2"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sewmam View Post
Good for you !!!! Phase 4 oughta be a piece of cake with that attitude!
(gee...maybe I should find a different metaphor )
LOL.... yeah "cake" probably isn't the best metaphor. Now I am sitting at my desk trying to think up quirky metaphors! I am such a dork sometimes.

SaraBean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2012, 02:23 PM   #70  
IP Round #3: 11/14/2023

S/C/G: 210/184/145

Height: 5'5"/49yo

I forgot my lunch packet - I ate my salad and veggie, but missed my protein....so I decided to just leave work early and finish lunch at home! I only work until 2:30pm, so it's not too much time off, but it feels so indulgent!
LizRR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2012, 02:25 PM   #71  
04/23/12~Kara

S/C/G: 194.8/171.2/135

Height: 5'7"

Thanks for the advice, gonna go walking on my lunch break...assuming the people i'm covering for ever show back up... *sigh* I'm the only girl in an office full of guys. At least they are not "guy guys", you know, the ones who burp and are all competitive and loud and stuff, they are really cool, and the best part, DH works with me So we get to carpool together now (backwards schedules up until this week) so I'm pretty pumped about that.

I'm just kind of trucking along today, kind of surprised my day has flown by, I've been at work for 5 hours now and it feels like 2 and a half...that's a good thing right? So I'll go on my walk in like 10 minutes, then come back, eat me some lunch (mashed up garlic cauliflower potato thingies and an atkins shake) and get back to the grindstone...brain is fried right now!
Kaypix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2012, 02:41 PM   #72  

S/C/G: 208

Height: 5'3"

Default Looking younger

I just got such a wonderful compliment at lunch today. One of my co-workers asked me what I was doing as I was looking younger. What a coinsidence as I turned 60 yesterday, you would think I would look older. I told her that I was on this great diet called IP and have just lost 14 lbs. in 2 weeks. Boy did that lift my spirits. Whoopi
rvingprincess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2012, 02:46 PM   #73  
Started IP 11/28/2011

S/C/G: 260.8/144/150

Height: 5'4"

I had my WI today. I'm so excited. I'm down 1.6!!! I have big loss weeks and small loss weeks. I'm thrilled by any loss!!!! I've been OP for five months and have lost 74.4 pounds.
SewingMomma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2012, 02:53 PM   #74  
Nervous Newbie

S/C/G: 160.2/152.7/140

Height: 5'7

I haven't. Unfortunately, I left the house this morning without my sea salt
jaymeskelt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2012, 02:54 PM   #75  
Nervous Newbie

S/C/G: 160.2/152.7/140

Height: 5'7

CONGRATS! I can't wait for my first weigh in.
jaymeskelt is offline   Reply With Quote