Closed Thread

Old 05-04-2012, 06:31 PM   #391  
maintenance since 2/16/11

S/C/G: size 18 to 8...75 pounds gone

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by jennydoodle View Post
Hi Darbs!
Great tips! I am going to join you on a reboot (except I won't be starting until the 6th). I am a little over what I like to be, but would also like to get under 130. I am giving myself 6 weeks back on P1 to see if I can get into the 120's.

I have been toying with the idea for a while but it wasn't until recently that I actually felt ready to do it and make the commitment. I am actually excited about it and to see if I can get into the 120's. It has been almost 1 year since I started IP and I think it is a good time for me to jump back onto P1.

I am going to do a combination of IP and alternatives this time. I ordered a couple of boxes from Nashua to get me started and I purchased a box of the RTD chocolate from my clinic. I just haven't found anything that I like as much as those, and they are great to throw in my gym bag for a post workout shake. I am supposed to get my nashua shipment tomorrow so I will be all set to start on Sunday.

I am hoping that I will have more free time in the coming weeks so I can get on 3FC more for support. I can finally see the light at the end of the tunnel of my last 6 weeks of craziness
So great to have you join me for the reboot. I went 12 perfect days and then last Saturday night...too many martinis and a beer at a wedding. Not a ton of food, but nonetheless...it took me to yesterday to get back to my Saturday morning weight. So I plan on being perfect until May 27th and then some wine for my anniversary (not out of ketosis though) and then 2 weeks of phase 2, 10 days of phase 3 and then a few days of phase 4 before I leave for Las Vegas on the 23rd of June. It will be great to share the journey...hoping to be a size 6 for Vegas.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaraBean View Post
I need to DEFINITELY watch this rule!!! I never want to get on it now that I am in phase 4. But I have forced myself to get on it once a week... and I keep surprising myself My numbers have stayed the same!! I haven't gained!

BUT if I am nervous about getting on it now (and I am sticking to good eating habits) I can totally see how I REALLY won't want to get on it if I slip up.

Awesome...keep stepping on...I was so faithful about it my first 8 months in maintenance and then just lost it for a month or so.
Old 05-04-2012, 11:08 PM   #392  
Started IP August 1, 2011

S/C/G: 218/158/160

My body is still trying to return to normal after being in maintenance since the end of December. TOM is still somewhere in the middle of pre-IP and during IP. I wish that would get right. My temperature gauge has definitely returned to normal. I've been HOT HOT HOT!! these last few days. It was 90 degrees today, so I should have been hot. I'm seriously considering going back on phase 1 for the summer just to help with my electric bill. My hair isn't falling out anymore and my loose skin has improved a bunch. I really didn't feel like I was "done" with losing, but the benefits of phasing off outweighed the benefits of continuing phase 1 at the time. I'm thinking about starting phase 1 again once the kids are out of school and my t-ball team is finished with their season. Should be end of May, beginning of June. I will likely use a combination of IP products and alternatives. I still have several boxes of IP food left. I'm tired and I'm rambling... please forgive me if none of that made sense.
Oh, and my 5th grader went to Lafayette overnight with his club for the National Jr. Beta Convention and returned with the suspicion of bedbugs. One of the chaperones discovered them after he awoke to the sensation of things crawling on him. My son wasn't in that room, but the hotel confirmed bedbugs and advised them to take necessary precautions. My son's luggage is in the back of my truck stuffed tightly into a garbage bag and sealed. Apparently the heat we are experiencing is enough to kill them after several hours in a vehicle during most of our daylight hours (says google). I plan to leave his stuff there all weekend, then I might just throw it all away. I don't know. I'm itchy. I have been itchy since I first heard about the situation. *shudders* *scratches arm*
Old 05-05-2012, 12:32 AM   #393  

S/C/G: 170/138/130

Height: 5'8"

Hi all. I just finished an 8 week get healthy challenge with some friends. The first two weeks were my last two weeks of the pancreas reset/reboot, so the past 6 weeks have been my re-introduction to maintenance. The first 2-3 weeks back in maintenance I felt really out of control. I posted about struggling. The past couple of weeks have been better. Not, coincidentally, my son's potty training has been going much better in the past two weeks...isn't it so much easier to control your diet when life isn't so stressful??!! What seems to be working for me is a cheat day (Saturday), followed by a strict P1 day (Sunday), then Monday - Friday is basically P2 with low carb snacks (bars or 100 calorie pack cocoa almonds). I go to the gym on Tuesdays and Thursdays, so I sometimes have a P3 breakfast on thise days. I'm not a breakfast person, so a big P3 breakfast seems like such a waste of calories. I keep my calories at 1400 net. By the time cheat day rolls around again, I'm back down to a weight where I feel I can allow myself a cheat day. At 134 or below, I'm a happy camper. 135 or above, I'm sticking pretty strictly to P1 and P2 until it goes down. I weigh myself most mornings. Weigh-in rules: I only weigh myself first thing in the morning with no clothes. I never ever step on the scale at any other time of day. I also never weigh myself the day after a cheat day. The other thing that is helpful is logging in my food. I think that is one thing that went wrong over the holidays last year, I stopped logging which was the beginning of the slippery slope. Sorry I'm such a sporadic poster. I read this thread religiously and am grateful we have each other!
Old 05-05-2012, 06:35 AM   #394  
started 2/22/11

S/C/G: 233/184/165

Height: 5' 7.5"

Hey all! Always nice to pop on here and see some familiar names/faces!!!

I am sooo happy for all of you and your accomplishments!! Way to go!! Keep up the fantastic work!! YOU ARE SUCH A MOTIVATION TO ME!!

I'm still here...reading here and there....not much of a writer.

Back on P1 for a month or so....really want to get lower (I'm at 175 right now). Tried to get to 160 a while back and didn't make it! Hopefully I can get there to maintain from 165 to 169 this summer!! IF I were on Facebook I would "dislke" this numbers game!

AGAIN SOOOO PROUD OF ALL OF YOU!!!!

Last edited by disgal; 05-05-2012 at 06:39 AM.
Old 05-05-2012, 09:04 AM   #395  
Maile

S/C/G: 242/130/130

Height: 5'6

New Englander: Glad you are feeling better and your dog is oK. Thank heavens for Phase 1.

Darbs: I like your rules. I am keeping in a 5 percent range. I definitely use the scale to keep me on track an focused.

Sarabean: It is hard to get on if you are off track, but I always want to know how much I am up so I can start getting it off.

Momto2cs: I am sorry about your bout with that oil..that was not the way you wanted to lose 5 pounds. I hope you are feeling better. Being an engineer is such a great marketable job.

Jenny: Good luck with your program to get into the 120s! I have not been in the 120s for years and have been surprised that my body seems to have leveled off and stays there.

Goodeatsand wine...I am going to try the oat bran added to my yogurt and the chia. I think chia has fat in it, so I may have to count it as a fat..but it is supposed to be high in Omega 3 and good for you.

2ride..Hope you do well at the dog trials!

Pixl:;berries are also my fruit of choice. Love love them..

My tastes are changing. Years ago I fell in love with flaming Spanish coffee while visiting Victoria, BC. So last night I decided to make one again. ..a treat indulgence. To my surprise I found it was too sweet and that I did not like it. I actually dumped it out.

Cap, Woolberger, and Pauley: I hope you are doing well with your families.
Old 05-05-2012, 09:48 AM   #396  
Maile

Here is an interesting article on muscles and fat burning, however, a bit technical. But who could resist ..why is Oprah still fat.

optimalhealthcave.forumo
tion.com/t76-dr-kruse-on-l
eptin-why-is-oprah-still-obese

Momto2cs: Does this mean we should focus on strength training? 50 gms of protein seems like a lot.

Last edited by Maile; 05-05-2012 at 09:50 AM.
Old 05-05-2012, 11:13 AM   #397  

S/C/G: 177/145/145

I liked the article. I wish he went into more detail about strength training vs aerobic exercise...I will do some looking around for more articles by him.

50 gm of protein is a lot...I am also not a breakfast person, but I could have 2 scoops of protein powder instead of 1...I love bacon and eggs on the weekend!

Most of us have already done what he is proposing and cut the carbs for phase 1. None of us should be leptin resistant...I definitely found that after I started ip I had more energy at the gum and do sweat more. I always thought that was a side effect of ketosis...hmmm

Most of my workouts are bootcamp ish. Lots of squats, pushups, etc. I consider it sweaty strength training!

Today is Zumba day! I do it for fun! I am going to experiment with the slow burn work out, so I will do my 2 sets after. Maybe it works?

Have a great weekend everyone!
Old 05-05-2012, 02:14 PM   #398  
maintenance since 2/16/11

S/C/G: size 18 to 8...75 pounds gone

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by disgal View Post
Hey all! Always nice to pop on here and see some familiar names/faces!!!

I am sooo happy for all of you and your accomplishments!! Way to go!! Keep up the fantastic work!! YOU ARE SUCH A MOTIVATION TO ME!!

I'm still here...reading here and there....not much of a writer.

Back on P1 for a month or so....really want to get lower (I'm at 175 right now). Tried to get to 160 a while back and didn't make it! Hopefully I can get there to maintain from 165 to 169 this summer!! IF I were on Facebook I would "dislke" this numbers game!

AGAIN SOOOO PROUD OF ALL OF YOU!!!!
I want to get to 160-165 to maintain for the summer. I am on week 2 of perfect with 3 more to go..then one minor (Atkins cheat) on the 27th for my anniversary and then 2 more perfect weeks before phase 3. Keep it up.
Old 05-05-2012, 07:43 PM   #399  

S/C/G: 234/231/180

Height: 5' 8"

Hi, It is heartbreaking to see an animal in pain and not be able to do anything...My 10 year old lab (who had knee surgery) is on some strong meds but he's not "himself"...he's also epileptic, has had cancer, knocked out teeth (Playing as a pup with his sister and he ran into a tree...) he's a very active boy! My DH is being so awesome caring for him. I can't even imagine how parents with children do it... Let alone a single parent! This is a lot of heartbreak and hard work... I ended up sleeping in the bathroom with him for a hour or so last night b/c he wouldn't leave his "safe" place and didn't want to be alone...(kept whining and when I'd show up he's stop)...once I laid down with him he went to sleep...

My dear neighbors brought over some homemade pizza tonight...and um, well it's not my "day", but as my DH went outside to talk with them I brought it inside and snook a piece...yes it was good and much better than store made stuff... It was good and it was a tiny piece...

So, for all of you who read my long (boring...I just need to talk about my poor boy) post I do have an IP question... Is there a target # of carbs we should be eating per day? I find myself wanting a protein bar as a snack and get concerned with their carb content...

Thanks!
Maggie
Old 05-05-2012, 07:59 PM   #400  

S/C/G: 177/145/145

Sorry to hear of your dog....yes, it is hard with kids too!
I use the bars still, daily. If you read dr tiens website you will see he recommends using bars as snacks.
Hope this helps...
Old 05-06-2012, 10:23 AM   #401  

S/C/G: 162/129/120

Height: 5'3"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sewmam View Post
Hello sunny, I make smoothies/shakes with either the soy protein isolate powder or whey protein isolate powders. The soy has no carbs, the whey has a little, but both have tons of protein, which I like. I've been adding it to soups, spinach smoothies, making flatbreads out of them. I use stevia to sweeten too.

I agree that ultimately, all the supplements and additives have to go...I want to do this life with plain food. Speaking of which, what supplements do you take for thyroid and adrenal support? I just got some lab results on my thyroid and some of them are low-normal, one a little bit below normal. I want to avoid taking a prescription if I can, but would also like to find answers to my extreme fatigue.
Hi Sewmam,

Thanks for the protein powder suggestions. I will start making my own! I have powdered and liquid stevia that I can use too.
For the thyroid and adrenals, I have just had a whole panel of blood/saliva testing for both and for the female hormones as well, so I'll keep you posted on that. My new MD who is very holistic wants to avoid synthetics if at all possible, so more to follow on that.
In the meantime, I really started feeling better with these two supplements which are all available online or at your good health food store:
Gaia brand Thyroid Support and From fatigued to fantastic-"Adrenal Stress End"
It took about 2 weeks till i noticed the difference, but it really did help.
Only reason I had to get off all that stuff, was so my testing would be accurate and just measure my bodies natural state without them.

Hopen that helps and since my new MD uses natural supplements for the endocrine system, I'll let you know what else she recommends in the coming weeks.

I will also be re-checking my fat/water/muscle levels this Wednesday so I can get a new reality check on my body composition and get back on weight loss to knock off these 8 lbs.

Keep you posted everyone. You gals are a maintenance girls best friend
Old 05-06-2012, 10:25 AM   #402  

S/C/G: 143/118/121

Height: 5'2"

I've been in maintenance for 4 weeks... finally starting to try different things besides living in Phase 3. Had my first cheat day yesterday... or cheat dinner really. Back on phase 1 today for the day(hopefully!). Have yet to try eating a carb meal for dinner..i.e. pasta and marinara. My coach keeps telling me that it is fine and that it is good to have carbs at dinner, but it doesn't seem like many do. Would love to hear from anyone who has had success (or not) eating a carb meal for dinner. Thanks!
Old 05-06-2012, 10:45 AM   #403  

S/C/G: 169.8/135/135

Height: 5'-2" - 41 years old - 2015 Reboot: 165.4/136.0/135

Quote:
Originally Posted by Momto2cs View Post
Good luck with the reboot. I was hoping to get down to 140, but those vanity pounds are just too hard to lose without total dedication, which I have been unable to maintain on the weekends.
I took out my summer clothes today and most of my size 6 stuff is almost too big! I am still amazed at how my body continues to change even at the same weight. After my oil dehydration day yesterday I can even see my abs! Lol
Don't I know it??? That is why it has taken me so long to actually make the commitment. I always found weekends to be the hardest, even when I was full fledged in P1. In the very least I need to get back to my comfort zone and that will require at least 1 week at P1.
Old 05-06-2012, 12:06 PM   #404  
Maile

[QUOTE=Paint Lady;4321369]My body is still trying to return to normal after being in maintenance since the end of December. TOM is still somewhere in the middle of pre-IP and during IP. I wish that would get right. My temperature

I hate bed bugs!!!!! It is so scary to travel and find them.. Hope the heat kills all of them. Good luck with your summer losing plans. I am glad your hair and skin are better. I have packets floating around also.
Your life must be less hectic with the end of T-ball season.

Last edited by Maile; 05-06-2012 at 12:07 PM.
Old 05-06-2012, 12:10 PM   #405  
Maile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Momto2cs View Post
I liked the article. I wish he went into more detail about strength training vs aerobic exercise...I will do some looking around for more articles by him.

50 gm of protein is a lot...I am also not a breakfast person, but I could have 2 scoops of protein powder instead of 1...I love bacon and eggs on the weekend!

Most of us have already done what he is proposing and cut the carbs for phase 1. None of us should be leptin resistant...I definitely found that after I started ip I had more energy at the gum and do sweat more. I always thought that was a side effect of ketosis...hmmm

Most of my workouts are bootcamp ish. Lots of squats, pushups, etc. I consider it sweaty strength training!

Today is Zumba day! I do it for fun! I am going to experiment with the slow burn work out, so I will do my 2 sets after. Maybe it works?

Have a great weekend everyone!
That is what I was thinking..that by now we should be leptin resistant after all of this time..I am thinking of strength training more often..I only do it 2 or 3 times a week.
Zumba sounds fun! I tried the tape and could not keep up!
Closed Thread