Closed Thread

Old 05-07-2012, 02:42 PM   #421  

S/C/G: 139/120.2/118

Height: 5'6"

[QUOTE=Chloe222;4323032]GoodEats, How does the new vanilla powder compare? I'm using all the standard flavorings (Torani, etc.) and would love to find things that do the trick w/ better taste. Thanks for your insight.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maile View Post
Evepet: I liked Why we get Fat also. I am also reading: Sugar the hidden addiction by E. Boroquez.

Maile,
I couldn't find the book quoted above at Amazon, is that the correct title and author? Like Evepet I'm trying to learn as much as possible. Thanks.
The vanilla powder from Sunfood is the same if not more flavorful than the vanilla powder from Raw Food World. Both 'powders' are deep in color and kind of look like coffee grounds and they have a bit of moisture in them. I say this because there are other powders out there that are totally dry and ground to a fine powder. Most of these also have sugar added so beware! They are very flavorful but I still add a bit of Torani syrup for sweetness in my recipes. In yogurt/fruit/oatbran or muesli mixs I usually us a fruity Torani, like peach or raspberry. In pancakes or waffles that I make from scratch, I usually use hazelnut.

BTW, I LOVE these oatbran blueberry pancakes!! See attached recipe. They make two very filling pancakes and the two together are only 15g of carbs.
Attached Files
File Type: doc BB_Oat Bran Pancakes.doc (23.5 KB, 20 views)
Old 05-07-2012, 05:21 PM   #422  
Maile

S/C/G: 242/130/130

Height: 5'6

Maile,
I couldn't find the book quoted above at Amazon, is that the correct title and author? Like Evepet I'm trying to learn as much as possible. Thanks.[/QUOTE]

Chloe:
This is an ebook: Sugar, the Hiddent eating Disorder and How to lick it by
E.borhorquez. Just google it and a site will pop up where you can order it.

However, if you go to Spark People.com and look for Elizarn and her team of Sugar and Food Addiction, you can look at her ideas for free. She has posted quite a bit. Also her blogs are excellent.

The other book is Why we get fat and what to do about it by Gary Taubes..It is availale on Amazon..and in various stores.

Let me know if you find any other books. I love to rread.
Old 05-07-2012, 05:22 PM   #423  
Maile

S/C/G: 242/130/130

Height: 5'6

That pancake recipe looks great..Thanks.

I eat carbs mainly at breakfast..once in awhile at dinner.

Sunnymae: Interesting stuff from your doctor..I think I need adrenal support for the sleeplessness!

Have a good day maintainers. Everyone seems to be doing well with their own plans. I am in range and holding!!!

Last edited by Maile; 05-07-2012 at 05:27 PM.
Old 05-08-2012, 07:17 AM   #424  
Started IP 10/13/11

S/C/G: 280/170/210

Height: 5' 10

Been in maintaince for 2 1/2 months now and have still have slip-ups last weekend was bad and gained five pounds by Sunday morning. Did phrase one for two days and lost pounds. I feel that I will always struggle and find comfort in knowing that a few days on phrase one after a bad day works. Does this struggle get easier?
Old 05-08-2012, 11:58 AM   #425  

S/C/G: 177/145/145

Height: 5'8"

After doing just what you wrote for a year I have to say it gets routine at least. I am usually back to my maintain weight on Wednesday if I do phase 1 on Monday and Tuesday.

It's longer breaks that become tough. Going away for a week, December, etc...can result in a larger gain and a need for a real reboot. It took me 8 weeks in January and February to lose the 12 I let creep back on in December!
Old 05-08-2012, 01:34 PM   #426  

S/C/G: 169.8/135/135

Height: 5'-2" - 41 years old - 2015 Reboot: 165.4/136.0/135

I agree, it becomes routine at best. You kind of start to realize how far you can push it before needing to do P1 for a day or 2. I like having freedom on the weekends and I don't really mind doing P1 on weekdays.

However, the last 6 weeks for me have been an endless cycle of poor choices and P1 and as a result I was above my goal by 5#. I have been on strict P1 for 2 days and am down 4 of the 5. There was just a little too much freedom going on (vacations, company, traveling, etc...)

But now, I have officially decided to do a reboot and try to get down to my original goal of 125. I stopped at 135 because I was feeling good and quite frankly, I was pretty sick and tired of P1.

I felt being 5# over goal was a good excuse to take the plunge and go back on P1 full time since I knew to lose it I would need at least 3-4 days of P1. I have been toying with the idea for awhile now, and the timing now seems right. We don't have anything on the calendar for quite some time and it is just before summer is starting. I am giving myself 6 full weeks on P1 to see where I can get to. I will re-evaluate after that time if I want to keep going or if I am happy where I am.
Old 05-08-2012, 03:17 PM   #427  
Started IP 10/13/11

S/C/G: 280/170/210

Height: 5' 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by jennydoodle View Post
I agree, it becomes routine at best. You kind of start to realize how far you can push it before needing to do P1 for a day or 2. I like having freedom on the weekends and I don't really mind doing P1 on weekdays.

However, the last 6 weeks for me have been an endless cycle of poor choices and P1 and as a result I was above my goal by 5#. I have been on strict P1 for 2 days and am down 4 of the 5. There was just a little too much freedom going on (vacations, company, traveling, etc...)

But now, I have officially decided to do a reboot and try to get down to my original goal of 125. I stopped at 135 because I was feeling good and quite frankly, I was pretty sick and tired of P1.

I felt being 5# over goal was a good excuse to take the plunge and go back on P1 full time since I knew to lose it I would need at least 3-4 days of P1. I have been toying with the idea for awhile now, and the timing now seems right. We don't have anything on the calendar for quite some time and it is just before summer is starting. I am giving myself 6 full weeks on P1 to see where I can get to. I will re-evaluate after that time if I want to keep going or if I am happy where I am.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Momto2cs View Post
After doing just what you wrote for a year I have to say it gets routine at least. I am usually back to my maintain weight on Wednesday if I do phase 1 on Monday and Tuesday.

It's longer breaks that become tough. Going away for a week, December, etc...can result in a larger gain and a need for a real reboot. It took me 8 weeks in January and February to lose the 12 I let creep back on in December!
Thanks for sharing.. I quess I will be doing a couple of phrase one days after weekend slips for awhile... I should be thankful there is such a easy way to drop the pounds and to make sure that I always have my IP cabinet full....
Old 05-08-2012, 06:17 PM   #428  
Started IP 12/30/11

S/C/G: 160/125/130 Phase 4!!!

Height: 5'

Quote:

This helps a lot. I had goals that were lower than where I ended, going all the way down to 114. I had 46 stones for my weight loss jars so I could not lose anymore than 46 lbs. But, I was pleased with where I was at and pretty much over this diet plus it was time to phase off.

I was starting to stress recently because I go on vacation a day after I start P4. I am doing fine on P3 and quite like it and I am looking forward to the addition of some more carbs later in the day but I know vacation will be a challenge and I want to enjoy myself plus it's too hard to control what you are eating when you have to eat out each meal.

But, I have been reading what you guys are saying, definitely excited about some of the challenges and freedom and recipes and exercise suggestions. So, I want that. I definitely do. But, the other part of me is afraid of "graduating". Afraid of getting out there into the big bad world.

So, I have convinced myself to give myself the option of P1 for a bit after I get back. I don't have time to commit to a full P1 with full phase down plus I need some time to get used to this size.

There was a time where I was sizing down pretty quickly. I am still not used to my size yet. Every time I look at these small tops in the stores I am shocked that they fit. And with room to breathe.
Old 05-09-2012, 09:36 AM   #429  
Started IP 2/25/2011...

S/C/G: 204.5/ 145.0 /145.0

Height: 5' 5.5"

Quote:

Congrats to you!!! I'm still 4lbs over the top of my range, but I'm feeling ok and just watching carbs after breakfast to see what happens. I'm still struggling to do this without products at all, because I want to minimize sucralose and other processed foods.

I read an interesting thing the other day on a facebook post... Someone was saying that they are diagnosed celiac and went to Germany, only to accidentally discover that they could eat wheat, bread, etc. there... They were now researching the role of GMO in gluten intolerance. I found this fascinating...

I'm still avoiding wheat and feeling good.
Old 05-09-2012, 09:53 AM   #430  

S/C/G: 234/231/180

Height: 5' 8"

Ugh! Experienced maintainers I need your help! I seem to do so well and then have a "cheat day" only to make it two days! Is this common?
Old 05-09-2012, 10:15 AM   #431  
Started IP 2/25/2011...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maile View Post
Pixl:;berries are also my fruit of choice. Love love them..
TIPS for BERRIES! how to stop them from molding. Works especially well for raspberries.

1 part vinegar, 9 parts water... Rinse all berries when you first get them home and then wash the container with hot water. Put the berries back in their containers and store in the fridge. This gets all the mold spores off and they last too much better. I now buy strawberries, raspberries, blueberries, and blackberries all at the same time and they last almost a week! I'm in berry heaven.
Old 05-09-2012, 10:16 AM   #432  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pxlkitty4 View Post
Congrats to you!!! I'm still 4lbs over the top of my range, but I'm feeling ok and just watching carbs after breakfast to see what happens. I'm still struggling to do this without products at all, because I want to minimize sucralose and other processed foods.

I read an interesting thing the other day on a facebook post... Someone was saying that they are diagnosed celiac and went to Germany, only to accidentally discover that they could eat wheat, bread, etc. there... They were now researching the role of GMO in gluten intolerance. I found this fascinating...

Thanks! I am finally back at my original goal of 135 so now I am concentrating on getting to 125. I felt like I maintained 135 with relative ease, so I think I can handle a lower weight.

I also avoid wheat (like the plague!). We went to Germany in Sept. and I ate tons of wheat and did not have any reactions like I do here, so I am totally not surprised about the FB post.

Since I am back on P1, I am full blown into packets, but when I phase off again this time, I am going to start eliminating packets from my daily diet. I still feel really strongly about this, but the packets are so darn convenient when P1'ing.
Old 05-09-2012, 10:17 AM   #433  

Quote:
Originally Posted by New Englander View Post
Ugh! Experienced maintainers I need your help! I seem to do so well and then have a "cheat day" only to make it two days! Is this common?
Completely and totally.

Just do P1 until you are back at your comfort weight. That is the beauty of maintenance and IP. P1 days are a total saviour.
Old 05-09-2012, 10:21 AM   #434  
Started IP 2/25/2011...

Quote:
Originally Posted by New Englander View Post
It's because if you eat carbs, your body reacts by craving more. This is one of the reasons it's important to do a strict phase 1 day after... If you want to experiment to convince yourself that this is true, have a "cheat day" that is a pure atkins indulgence day. Low carb, but high, high calories. Eat cheese, avocadoes, etc... Then see how you feel the next day. You won't feel the same cravings... It's the evil carbs that are doing you in. Many of us allow ourselves a "cheat meal" instead of a whole "cheat day" in order to minimize the potential for going overboard.
Old 05-09-2012, 10:44 AM   #435  
maintenance since 2/16/11

S/C/G: size 18 to 8...75 pounds gone

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pxlkitty4 View Post

We just had a major conversation about this in the faculty room this morning and it made me think....I think I will use what packets I have left and then switch to food with same calorie/carb count.

I will do two eggs for breakfast (more fat but less carbs)

Salad and 2-3 ounces of chicken at lunch (less carbs/fat...maybe a few more calories)

meat and salad at dinner

snacks...IDEAS?????? thinking almonds

I am also going to switch my meat to buy from a co-op and get off all the processed stuff.

The other discussion is the scale...we are slaves to the scale. Not sure what turn of events I could take with this obsession I have, but I will give it some thought.
Closed Thread