3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Ideal Protein Diet (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet-236/)
-   -   IP Daily Chat Friday 1/27/12 (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet/251570-ip-daily-chat-friday-1-27-12-a.html)

omgzitsmiranda 01-27-2012 07:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by emkay (Post 4192130)
hello all, i'm new and tried posting on the newbie FAQ board yesterday and again today but haven't gotten a reply. i'm gonna try reposting... just guessing that it doesn't get looked at often. would sure apppreciate any input on this asap as i'm doing without all aspartame until i hear and it is a major crutch for me. thanks so much here are my questions.
i'm sorry to keep beating a dead horse and apologize to all of you who are tired of the aspartame (sweetner) question but... i'm still confused, mainly because my couch told me at my first check up last week that i could have sugar free jello-o (no more than 5 servings/ day) and sugar free soft drinks. i have checked my ketones thru-out and have found myself to be in varying stages of ketosis from mild to moderate with no apparent correlation to my sugar free snacks. what is the bottom line? the past couple days my weight has been up .5 lbs and then 1 lb in that order. i am trying not to panic as i believe it to be hormonal...and yet i have this nagging feeling that all would be well if i would give up the aspartame and artificially sweetened splurges. can anyone clear this for me, once and for all? also, what about sugar free gum? any affect on ketones with that? thanks!

First of all.. it seems like every single coach is going to tell you something completely different lol. I haven't read of anyone else being told they were allowed the sugar free jello, but to use this other alternative or make your own stuff. Some people use aspartame in low, low quantities; or some people get freaked out and don't touch it at all. It just really depends on how YOUR body reacts to it. I also would advise against weighing yourself daily; you're going to drive yourself insane!

PS: Sometimes the sticks will pick up ketosis; but if you're on plan 1000000% then you should very well be in ketosis. Also, the sugar free drinks or soda could possibly cause you to bloat aka hold water weight. So that's really up to you ..

starry1672 01-27-2012 07:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ICanLoseItThisTime (Post 4192117)
Always nice to hear someone got something out of my posts! Sometimes I feel like I am just a rambling on! And we are almost exactly the same! How long have you been on IP?!

Tomorrow will be 3 weeks...still OP 100% :)

emkay 01-27-2012 07:35 PM

thanks so much for the reply, Miranda. i'm not sure why my couch is so lax on this as i have read on the board here and there varying degrees of abstinence. i have really only been indulging in the MIO "water enhancers" and diet green tea, plus sugar free gum... no soda as i don't care for it, and then that jello really did fill a void. i'm happy to have a more definitive answer - that is if i am following the plan 100% i'm good. i think i'll be best off if i avoid all aspartame. i've even noticed an improvement with my sticks today! appreciate your input and any others yet to weigh in.

SomedayBubblySomeday 01-27-2012 07:48 PM

That's a lot of food!

2 Attachment(s)
Happy Friday Night!

I present to you a broccoli bake :) It is a package of broccoli cheddar soup mixed with about 4oz water, mushrooms, chopped broccoli, cubed chicken and miracle rice. I used some onion powder, garlic powder, pepper, dry mustard and Land O' Lakes parmesan sprinkles.

Mix everything together, and bake in bread dish sprayed with olive oil at about 375 for 20 minutes, I finished it under a low broiler for about 3 minutes.

The miracle rice does soak up a lot of moisture, so you could use half a package or omit it--or throw some chicken stock in there. I didn't use a full serving of protein, I only used 4 oz. and that could be omitted also. I seriously had a hard time finishing it, but now I am all nice and warm inside :)

doublebaby 01-27-2012 08:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SomedayBubblySomeday (Post 4192151)
Happy Friday Night!

I present to you a broccoli bake :) It is a package of broccoli cheddar soup mixed with about 4oz water, mushrooms, chopped broccoli, cubed chicken and miracle rice. I used some onion powder, garlic powder, pepper, dry mustard and Land O' Lakes parmesan sprinkles.

Mix everything together, and bake in bread dish sprayed with olive oil at about 375 for 20 minutes, I finished it under a low broiler for about 3 minutes.

The miracle rice does soak up a lot of moisture, so you could use half a package or omit it--or throw some chicken stock in there. I didn't use a full serving of protein, I only used 4 oz. and that could be omitted also. I seriously had a hard time finishing it, but now I am all nice and warm inside :)

OMGosh, you seriously come up with some delightful recipes! This sounds and looks really good.
Before everyone starts asking, can you remind us again where to get the miracle rice? Thank you for taking the time for posting the photos.

newmom7611 01-27-2012 08:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by idealpromom (Post 4192106)
I would love the recipe for the blueberry pudding muffins please :carrot::carrot:

Agreed!!! I heard about them and wanted them immediately. I foolishly took it upon myself to "guess" what the recipe was. I then made a blueberry waffle in my waffle iron thinking that would be ammaaazinggg. BAD idea. It was a total disaster. It practically disinigrated and was a total mess to clean up. So PLEASE someone post that recipe! I'm dying for some blueberry muffins!!

SomedayBubblySomeday 01-27-2012 08:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by doublebaby (Post 4192174)
can you remind us again where to get the miracle rice?

I get it on netrition.com for $2.79, and they also have them on amazon.com--glad you like the photos! It was a pretty good meal for a first attempt :)

Shemsham 01-27-2012 08:35 PM

Not the best weigh-in (-1.2) but I'm not complaining ;-)

I haven't eaten 1 thing off plan in 3 weeks BUT I have been lax in getting in all my veggie and vitamins - so this week I'm stepping up my game and going to try and get all 4 cups (gulp) of veggie and all ba'zillion vitamins in EVERYDAY.

~ Tammy

ICanLoseItThisTime 01-27-2012 09:19 PM

I have the munchies, oh me oh my! This has not happened since the first week!! I am going to have a few baby pickles with some spicy seasoning on them and a bottle of water to go along with it! munchies munchies go away come again ano.... when I am on phase 4!

patns 01-27-2012 09:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rokkerchik20 (Post 4191501)
Good Morning IP family!

Today is my weigh in and am feeling pretty good about it - I have made sure not to go near my scale at home bc i know it will drive me crazy! - i dont expect a huge weight loss - but i feel the inches (thats how it was the last time, not much weight but tons of inches)

On another note - My Sisters wedding is in just over a month - Yikes! I need to tone up my arms for this sleeveless bridesmaid dress - Do you think if i start doing some weights (no cardio) & Push Ups? it wouldnt affect my diet?
Or i was thinking about using my elliptical just lightly, mostly in the arms??

Many posts have indicate that it is cardio that slows the weight loss. Light strength training seems to work well.

patns 01-27-2012 09:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ICanLoseItThisTime (Post 4191675)
Alright, I think I should add some lettuce daily. I am not having constipation per say. But I am having some irregularity. Sometimes it will be a day and a half with no "movement". So I am thinking I should add lettuce to help that issue! Thanks for all the feedback on such a "personal" issue everyone!

My coach said without fail the people who have a large salad everyday with lots of lettuce do best on the program. She said it really helps fight hunger and keeps things regular. I am establishing that habit so I will carry it on when I get to maintenance.

patns 01-27-2012 09:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by doublebaby (Post 4192015)
Jenboss, ( are you the boss of you? LoL)! When I found out about this plan I knew it was right for me because I would be able to see progress right away and it was strict and that was what I needed. I began the Monday after Thanksgiving knowing that Christmas was around the corner, my birthday (Dec.31), New Year's Eve, etc. there is always something and will forever be something. People travel as well. The point is is that as long as you have a plan it will be ok. For my birthday I just said I will do without cake and ice cream THIS year. I had a nice grilled steak dinner and veggies though. If you need to feel safe do a low key bday this year. if not, do as your signature implies, be the boss and set the agenda. Maybe a dinner of protein and veggies out somewhere. It's the company after all.
I do feel for you though with the comments because they don't understand the consequences of ' cheating.' this isn't like WW points where you can make it up elsewhere. Just keep in mind there are a lot of people here for you and hope you can stay on plan. Good luck.

There are lots of good choices when eating out that will work fine. When people asked at Chistmas why I wouldn't have "just one" glass of wine I said I hadn't had a drink for several months and if I had one after that time I'd likely get a headache. This actually would be true, but everyone accepted that explaination. It just meant that there was more for them.

glomor 01-27-2012 09:50 PM

Can anyone tell me if eggbeaters are permitted?

gs463 01-27-2012 10:17 PM

Today was WI# 3 and I am down another 3.25 lbs. I am thrilled. I have lost 9.25 lbs in three weeks which is great for me. I have always been a slow loser. The best part is my cravings have stopped and I am really not hungry most of the time.

mtnsun4 01-27-2012 10:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gs463 (Post 4192256)
Today was WI# 3 and I am down another 3.25 lbs. I am thrilled. I have lost 9.25 lbs in three weeks which is great for me. I have always been a slow loser. The best part is my cravings have stopped and I am really not hungry most of the time.

Great job!!!:carrot: I love the fact that I also no longer have cravings. Makes things a little easier!