3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Ideal Protein Diet (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet-236/)
-   -   IP Daily Chat Friday 1/27/12 (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet/251570-ip-daily-chat-friday-1-27-12-a.html)

geminezmarie 01-27-2012 04:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ICanLoseItThisTime (Post 4191911)
I went to Cato today just for fun to try on some pants, just to see. The last time I bought clothes from there I was trying on a comfortable 16, and a pretty tight 14. Well can I tell you how excited I was to not only put on a 12 BUT BUTTON AND ZIP THEM TOO!! now granted, if you would have asked me to sit down I probably would have died! BUT, the point it, I GOT THEM ON! It was just that little extra umph I needed! Well that and all of you guys support and encouragement! When my mind strays to dreams of foods that arent OP or I get a little 'Blah', I always come to this website and read or write a message. I like to think of this place as "my world" because people around me, they just DON'T GET IT! So, as I have said many times before, and will say many times again, Thanks Everyone! And keep up the good work and KEEP TELLING US YOUR STORIES! It lets me know - I am not alone!

Thanks for sharing! I love Cato's and am a solid 16 hoping to be back in a 12 like you very soon! I think I would die of shock on the dressing room floor. That would make me opening this Crispy Cereal pack while my coworker polishes off some beautifully cheesy nachos so worth it. So congrats & thanks again b/c I'd have walked away from this w/o encouragement! :cb:

purple sky 01-27-2012 04:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lorilou (Post 4191706)
I'm bottom heavy too and I haven't lost any real inches there either. I guess it will all catch up eventually :joker:

My coach has explained to me that this diet hits your face first which is nice, then it works down and works it way up and hits the middle last. I know I just have to be patient but it is cracking me up a little.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Momto2cs (Post 4191772)
I have had the opposite bra issue. I went from a good 36c to a small 34 b. sigh.

And that is exactly why I set my goal weight where it is. I should probably set it lower but that is an area where I do not want too much reduction. I don't know if we have control over that since this diet slims in interesting ways. Very different from diets I have tried before.

Quote:

Originally Posted by DanafromAustin (Post 4191786)
When they get too big get rid of them. You won't need them anymore so why keep them. My closet is pretty bare now as I've given all of my now too big clothes away and I don't have smaller clothes in there. Now I just buy the bare minimum as I need.

Ah, so that's how I will get my closets cleaned. Now, I am motivated. I love following these discussions about whether or not to hold on to the size range many of us keep in our closets. For the last few years I have been wearing the same size regardless of my weight. Some days I had to stuff myself into my clothes and sometimes it was easier but something like 6 or more sizes went untouched.

maddie2 01-27-2012 04:32 PM

Hey There! Just wanted to share a nice NSV I had this morning:
Yesterday was my 3rd WI and I was down 1.8 lbs. It was kind of a bummer but a total of 10 lbs in total so whoop whoop to that
Anyways this morning I wanted to wear trousers for my new shoes I just got. So I grabbed trousers that are usually waaaay too tight I couldn't even button the top button. And if I did wear them, my spandex were making an impressionable presence.
But I put them on, and they not only FIT but they were LOOSE!!!
I couldn't believe it!
That's a great motivation to stay OP This weekend through Gasparilla's drinking and eating debauchery!!
;)

AussieonIP 01-27-2012 04:33 PM

Hey Guys,

Have got a shocking headache right now......is using Advil or the like OK for the diet.....

Cheers S...

Pxlkitty4 01-27-2012 04:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AussieonIP (Post 4191956)
Hey Guys,

Have got a shocking headache right now......is using Advil or the like OK for the diet.....

Cheers S...

Happy day after Australia Day. No meat pie for me yesterday... Ha! But I did have vegemite on toast.

ICanLoseItThisTime 01-27-2012 04:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by geminezmarie (Post 4191930)
Thanks for sharing! I love Cato's and am a solid 16 hoping to be back in a 12 like you very soon! I think I would die of shock on the dressing room floor. That would make me opening this Crispy Cereal pack while my coworker polishes off some beautifully cheesy nachos so worth it. So congrats & thanks again b/c I'd have walked away from this w/o encouragement! :cb:

Isn't Cato great?! And you will be in the 12's before you know it! I never in a million years would have thought I was even going to get them past my hips! And just think... you are losing pounds while the "nacho lady" is finding them for you :) Stay Strong, and keep up the GREAT work!

whirlygirl72 01-27-2012 04:54 PM

Been such a busy Friday but squeezed in a choco shake and a great salad with 3oz of grilled chicken. Feeling good, feeling good. i think this is a slow weight loss week, i'll find out for sure tomorrow. But a loss is better than a gain!

Trying the crepe fish tacos this weekend!:dizzy:

doublebaby 01-27-2012 04:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AussieonIP (Post 4191956)
Hey Guys,

Cheers S...

Yes they are fine. Hope you feel better.
You can also try licking the sea salt from the palm of your hand and wait 20 minutes to see if that helps. Some say it works.

DanafromAustin 01-27-2012 05:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by purple sky (Post 4191941)
Ah, so that's how I will get my closets cleaned. Now, I am motivated. I love following these discussions about whether or not to hold on to the size range many of us keep in our closets. For the last few years I have been wearing the same size regardless of my weight. Some days I had to stuff myself into my clothes and sometimes it was easier but something like 6 or more sizes went untouched.

I own hardly any clothes, good thing I don't work outside the house. ;) I gave away all of my too big clothes, and before IP I had been about the same weight for so long that I gave my smaller clothes away a long time ago. I'm totally happy not to spend money on clothes right now, but I am going to have to pick up some new short sleeve t-shirts soon as this has been such a mild winter and warm weather here in Austin is right around the corner.

lkp888 01-27-2012 05:03 PM

Hi everyone, Congratulations to everyone who had losses, NSV and stayed OP. I had such a stressfull weekend but stayed OP, my stepdaughter fractured a couple bones in her elbow beginning of the year and when I took her back to the dr. we found out that they weren`t healing, so we had to take her to the city for surgery and I had to stay at the hospital for a couple nights. I passed out a couple of times while I was there, probably due to stress. But she did so well thru the surgery and stayed strong, such a little trooper.

I brought my IP packets with me and they had some great salads there, however I had no weight loss this week, probably due to stress but I did lose an inch on my waist. But things are back to normal this week and things are going well.

Have a great weekend everyone and remember stay OP and that if you are thinking about cheating, really you are only cheating yourself! Hugs to everyone!!!

AussieonIP 01-27-2012 05:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by doublebaby (Post 4191983)
Yes they are fine. Hope you feel better.
You can also try licking the sea salt from the palm of your hand and wait 20 minutes to see if that helps. Some say it works.

Thanks so much, only day 2 so I guess it's normal!!

Cheers/S...

iploser88 01-27-2012 05:12 PM

Is this normal?

I had WI #4 yesterday and didn't do so hot. I'm down -.6 lbs. The week before that I lost 5 lbs. Is this normal? I guess I've gotten used to high #'s but this seemed extremely low to me. Any explanations? :?:

mamacitaof2 01-27-2012 05:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by iploser88 (Post 4191998)
I had WI #4 yesterday and didn't do so hot. I'm done -.6 lbs. The week before that I lost 5 lbs. Is this normal? I guess I've gotten used to high #'s but this seemed extremely low to me. Any explanations? :?:

I've read on the site before that week 3 or 4 is typically smaller than previous weeks. When I've had smaller loss weeks is when I've had the biggest inches lost.

doublebaby 01-27-2012 05:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jenboss (Post 4191596)
I have been 100% op since starting Jan 9th. What I have realized from the past is that I have an all or nothing attitude - which is really what this program is all about. Unfortunately i have a birthday approaching soon - it seems that all my friends and family want to take me out to celebrate. As much as I love them for it the anxiety of facing my favorite food and drinks is increasing. Part of my wants to hibernate for my birthday as it is easy at home - i really have no temptations - I am a very social person and would be sad to do this. Am I strong enough to get through this birthday remaining 100% op? Hmmmmmm........

Jenboss, ( are you the boss of you? LoL)! When I found out about this plan I knew it was right for me because I would be able to see progress right away and it was strict and that was what I needed. I began the Monday after Thanksgiving knowing that Christmas was around the corner, my birthday (Dec.31), New Year's Eve, etc. there is always something and will forever be something. People travel as well. The point is is that as long as you have a plan it will be ok. For my birthday I just said I will do without cake and ice cream THIS year. I had a nice grilled steak dinner and veggies though. If you need to feel safe do a low key bday this year. if not, do as your signature implies, be the boss and set the agenda. Maybe a dinner of protein and veggies out somewhere. It's the company after all.
I do feel for you though with the comments because they don't understand the consequences of ' cheating.' this isn't like WW points where you can make it up elsewhere. Just keep in mind there are a lot of people here for you and hope you can stay on plan. Good luck.

3mama 01-27-2012 05:37 PM

Day 5 - feeling pretty good! Not hungry at all so getting in all my veggies has been a challenge.

So happy to hear about everyone's good weigh-ins and successes! So inspiring to read those.