3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Ideal Protein Diet (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet-236/)
-   -   IP Daily Chat Friday 1/27/12 (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet/251570-ip-daily-chat-friday-1-27-12-a.html)

doublebaby 01-27-2012 05:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ICanLoseItThisTime (Post 4191976)
Isn't Cato great?! And you will be in the 12's before you know it! I never in a million years would have thought I was even going to get them past my hips! And just think... you are losing pounds while the "nacho lady" is finding them for you :) Stay Strong, and keep up the GREAT work!

I loved Cato when I lived in Virginia. They always had really cute bra and pantie sets but I was smaller then.

3mama 01-27-2012 05:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lorilou (Post 4191706)
I had my WI and I am down another 3.4lbs from Monday which makes it 12.8lbs for the week. A lot of that is from water I was holding from earlier weeks due to my edema problems. I am so happy I started this program as I have never had a diet that showed results like this. It makes it easy to stay OP and motivated. I had another NSV today. My seat belt finally fits without a struggle! So happy for that!

I'm bottom heavy too and I haven't lost any real inches there either. I guess it will all catch up eventually :joker:

So happy you have gotten the water retention thing under control. I know how uncomfortable that can be. My swelling issues increased with each of my 3 kids births. I'm on meds now for it and the resulting high blood pressure. I really hope in a few weeks I can be off of that medicine.

Quote:

Originally Posted by glomor (Post 4191688)
I've lost over 40 pounds and I'm still wearing the same clothes. Of course they were getting tight when I started and loose now. I have a feeling that the next 10 or 15 pounds will make a big difference. As it is right now, most people haven't even noticed the weight loss. I have quite an extensive size 22 wardrobe and I'm not sure what to do with the clothes when I "outgrow" them. Have any of you faced that?

I'm not at that point yet, but I plan on keeping one pair of my biggest jeans and getting rid of everything else. I never want to get back to this weight and I think not having clothes to fall back on will help.

bludolphin 01-27-2012 05:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jenboss (Post 4191596)
I have been 100% op since starting Jan 9th. What I have realized from the past is that I have an all or nothing attitude - which is really what this program is all about. Unfortunately i have a birthday approaching soon - it seems that all my friends and family want to take me out to celebrate. As much as I love them for it the anxiety of facing my favorite food and drinks is increasing. Part of my wants to hibernate for my birthday as it is easy at home - i really have no temptations - I am a very social person and would be sad to do this. Am I strong enough to get through this birthday remaining 100% op? Hmmmmmm........

If they want to take you out see if you can do something non food orientated like bowling or movies (minus the popcorn) with socialization at a coffee house where you can have coffee or tea.

JudoGirl 01-27-2012 06:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BACKDROPsilhouette (Post 4191086)
So I've been thinking and I want to start doing some cardio. Even though it might not allow for bigger losses, should I go for it? Of course I would have protein before going out and walking or running, but waiting until I'm done with IP to work on my running goals seems like a tough thing to do (at least for me- because when I want to do something I like to do it as soon as I physically can).

You feel like moving...than move that body....go for it...

Pxlkitty4 01-27-2012 06:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by iploser88 (Post 4191998)
I had WI #4 yesterday and didn't do so hot. I'm down -.6 lbs. The week before that I lost 5 lbs. Is this normal? I guess I've gotten used to high #'s but this seemed extremely low to me. Any explanations? :?:

I had smaller losses every 4 to 5 weeks. It's normal.

Chuckles1330 01-27-2012 06:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by glomor (Post 4191889)
Have clothing sizes changes through the years? I'm 5'5" and the least I've weighed as an adult was around 135 and I never got below a size 13-14. That was admittedly a looonnnnngggg time ago! Lol!

Thank You for asking this, as I've been thinking it. When I was in high school (many, many, many, many moons ago) I weighed between 150 and 155 most of the time (I'm 5'8" tall), and NEVER dropped below a size 12. I realize folks are shaped differently, so would expect a size up or down variation, I never would have dreamed of wearing an 8 or smaller.

Of course that makes my current size more depressing, but I'm working on that :) Guess it will be a big surprise when I feel ready to go shopping again.

ReadytobeHealthy 01-27-2012 06:31 PM

Day 3 for me, I have had some headaches and general feeling blah, but other than that, I am doing pretty good. I have not been hungry yet or crave any foods. I feel like I am eating a TON of food. Before IP I ate dinner and a late night snack, however they were BAD foods, fast food, tons of carbs. I am very insulin resistant and am on the Alternative Plan where I get 1 carb, 1 dairy and 1 fruit. I am totally scared I am not going to lose any weight. I am sure for the first week this is a normal feelilng.. but if I don't I can't afford to stay on something that wont work. I have been OP 100% so far.. I hope I am doing everything right!!! You guys are all amazing inspiration. Thanks for sharing and listening :)

starry1672 01-27-2012 06:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JellyMae87 (Post 4191674)
I am right with you... but I have not gone down any cup sizes, just the inches around... I have found sore really pretty sexy bras at Lane Bryants sister store - Cachique sp?

Lettuce is unlimptited, there is no set amount of lettuce, Its the veggies that have the 4 cup "rule" But I am sure that you already knoew that!! :smug:

:( My chest was the first thing to go. Hard to say goodbye to the girls..lol

starry1672 01-27-2012 06:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ICanLoseItThisTime (Post 4191911)
I went to Cato today just for fun to try on some pants, just to see. The last time I bought clothes from there I was trying on a comfortable 16, and a pretty tight 14. Well can I tell you how excited I was to not only put on a 12 BUT BUTTON AND ZIP THEM TOO!! now granted, if you would have asked me to sit down I probably would have died! BUT, the point it, I GOT THEM ON! It was just that little extra umph I needed! Well that and all of you guys support and encouragement! When my mind strays to dreams of foods that arent OP or I get a little 'Blah', I always come to this website and read or write a message. I like to think of this place as "my world" because people around me, they just DON'T GET IT! So, as I have said many times before, and will say many times again, Thanks Everyone! And keep up the good work and KEEP TELLING US YOUR STORIES! It lets me know - I am not alone!

LOVE reading your posts, we started at pretty much the same weight and have the same goal :)

New Englander 01-27-2012 06:47 PM

We are not overweight...we are just too short! If I were taller I would already be at my goal!!! :)

idealpromom 01-27-2012 06:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Momto2cs (Post 4191772)
Hi all!

Good Friday do far! I have done a circuit workout at the gym and enjoyed my blueberry pudding muffins! Yum!

I try to have a salad of baby romaine every day. It helps keep me full in the afternoon.

I have had the opposite bra issue. I went from a good 36c to a small 34 b. sigh.

Clothes wise my loss from 175 to 150 took me from a 10 to a 6. I have the exact same gap pants in 10,8,6 and 4. The 4s only fit when I am at my low of 145...trying to get back there!!!

I would love the recipe for the blueberry pudding muffins please :carrot::carrot:

ICanLoseItThisTime 01-27-2012 07:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by starry1672 (Post 4192095)
LOVE reading your posts, we started at pretty much the same weight and have the same goal :)

Always nice to hear someone got something out of my posts! Sometimes I feel like I am just a rambling on! And we are almost exactly the same! How long have you been on IP?!

justme685 01-27-2012 07:05 PM

I went grocery shopping with my roommates today for the first time since being on IP today. And I walked through the bakery with them and the junk food aisle and I didn't even want any of it! I know it's a small thing but it means so much to me and I felt like sharing. I'm finally doing this!

purple sky 01-27-2012 07:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by maddie2 (Post 4191953)
Hey There! Just wanted to share a nice NSV I had this morning:
Yesterday was my 3rd WI and I was down 1.8 lbs. It was kind of a bummer but a total of 10 lbs in total so whoop whoop to that
Anyways this morning I wanted to wear trousers for my new shoes I just got. So I grabbed trousers that are usually waaaay too tight I couldn't even button the top button. And if I did wear them, my spandex were making an impressionable presence.
But I put them on, and they not only FIT but they were LOOSE!!!
I couldn't believe it!
That's a great motivation to stay OP This weekend through Gasparilla's drinking and eating debauchery!!
;)

Whoop-Whoop :cheer:

I think those are the best tests. The scale does what it does but how your clothes fit you or rather how they don't fit you is a big deal.

emkay 01-27-2012 07:16 PM

hello all, i'm new and tried posting on the newbie FAQ board yesterday and again today but haven't gotten a reply. i'm gonna try reposting... just guessing that it doesn't get looked at often. would sure apppreciate any input on this asap as i'm doing without all aspartame until i hear and it is a major crutch for me. thanks so much here are my questions.
i'm sorry to keep beating a dead horse and apologize to all of you who are tired of the aspartame (sweetner) question but... i'm still confused, mainly because my couch told me at my first check up last week that i could have sugar free jello-o (no more than 5 servings/ day) and sugar free soft drinks. i have checked my ketones thru-out and have found myself to be in varying stages of ketosis from mild to moderate with no apparent correlation to my sugar free snacks. what is the bottom line? the past couple days my weight has been up .5 lbs and then 1 lb in that order. i am trying not to panic as i believe it to be hormonal...and yet i have this nagging feeling that all would be well if i would give up the aspartame and artificially sweetened splurges. can anyone clear this for me, once and for all? also, what about sugar free gum? any affect on ketones with that? thanks!