3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Ideal Protein Diet (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet-236/)
-   -   IP Daily Chat Friday 1/27/12 (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet/251570-ip-daily-chat-friday-1-27-12-a.html)

ICanLoseItThisTime 01-27-2012 11:27 AM

Today is just a super weird day for me, I think it is TOM and all that silly nonsense that comes with it! But I have decided to make a mini goal because today 135 seems impossible! so I am making my goal 150 and just as soon as I figure out how to add a new little mini goal ticker I am totally doing it! It is so nice to have this site just to say what is on your mind and have people support you!

But, I also have a question, I am not eating much lettuce, could this be effecting anything? okay, and let me rephrase that, I have not eaten any lettuce since the 2nd week. Should I be adding some to my diet?

Thank guys! and good luck to all the WI's today and congrats on all the weight loss!

Jenboss 01-27-2012 11:56 AM

I have been 100% op since starting Jan 9th. What I have realized from the past is that I have an all or nothing attitude - which is really what this program is all about. Unfortunately i have a birthday approaching soon - it seems that all my friends and family want to take me out to celebrate. As much as I love them for it the anxiety of facing my favorite food and drinks is increasing. Part of my wants to hibernate for my birthday as it is easy at home - i really have no temptations - I am a very social person and would be sad to do this. Am I strong enough to get through this birthday remaining 100% op? Hmmmmmm........

MustangMolly 01-27-2012 12:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ICanLoseItThisTime (Post 4191556)
Today is just a super weird day for me, I think it is TOM and all that silly nonsense that comes with it! But I have decided to make a mini goal because today 135 seems impossible! so I am making my goal 150 and just as soon as I figure out how to add a new little mini goal ticker I am totally doing it! It is so nice to have this site just to say what is on your mind and have people support you!

But, I also have a question, I am not eating much lettuce, could this be effecting anything? okay, and let me rephrase that, I have not eaten any lettuce since the 2nd week. Should I be adding some to my diet?

Thank guys! and good luck to all the WI's today and congrats on all the weight loss!

The one thing the lettuce, iceberg lettuce, seems to do for me is keep away the BIG C. When I don't eat any I really notice a difference.

ICanLoseItThisTime 01-27-2012 12:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MustangMolly (Post 4191606)
The one thing the lettuce, iceberg lettuce, seems to do for me is keep away the BIG C. When I don't eat any I really notice a difference.

Thanks! I have noticed some issues in that BIG C area, its just not regular and so I think I may need t start adding some lettuce daily. I didn't even realize that it was as simple as a little lettuce, thanks again!

rokkerchik20 01-27-2012 12:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ICanLoseItThisTime (Post 4191610)
Thanks! I have noticed some issues in that BIG C area, its just not regular and so I think I may need t start adding some lettuce daily. I didn't even realize that it was as simple as a little lettuce, thanks again!

Are you getting you minimum of 4 cups of lettuce each day?

Jag23 01-27-2012 12:17 PM

Good morning.........TGIF..........Home today with a sore back and I need to take Ibuprofen and tylenol to keep the pain controlled. Staying OP but yesterday for some reason,I was really hungry. Had a smoothie for breakfast,but I don't think it was enough. This morning having an omelet with celery and zuchinin...........The WF suryps how much are you allowed. Thaks for the exerise info,I'm going to start today. Oh 1 more question,how to I get the weight tracker? Hugs to you fabulous people

Ishbel 01-27-2012 12:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by idealpromom (Post 4191054)
morning everyone... happy friday. Lucky me, I get to work a 12.5 hour shift today ughhh
question.... for the first time in 14 weeks, I forgot to have a protein before bed - had a stomach ache and went to bed early. My stomach is growling this morning, wonder if that is why. Did I hurt anything by not having it?

Probably not. You just got nasty hunger pains. Try not to do that though as the protein is important to muscle integrity. When your body needs energy you want it to turn to its fat stores and not its muscles. Having your required protein does that. That being said over the last 9 months I can’t say that I haven’t accidently skipped one when I wasn’t feeling great.
Quote:

Originally Posted by sandralosingweight (Post 4191074)
Feeling sick today and I am scared since I've read from many saying how hard it is to stay OP while sick, but I am determined there is nothing stopping me

Stay strong Sandra, I know you can do it. Make your chicken soup and LOTS of tea. Flus will generally give you more aches. Either way LOTS OF tea! :)

Quote:

Originally Posted by bludolphin (Post 4191428)
Happy Friday Everyone!

Hey, good to see you on here!

Quote:

Originally Posted by massconfusion84 (Post 4191537)
Just wanted to thanks to all the people who had kind words for me yesterday. It was a baaad day. Today is my weigh in. I am not expecting a loss even though I stayed 100% OP. I weighed myself this morning and the scale hasnt moved. Maybe next week I will have a big "woosh" moment

Try not to stress to much about it, that keeps the weight on. Check out the stats of people who've been here for a while. They have low losses and sometimes gains. One thing I've learned is that I won't reach my goal tomorrow so no matter what the scale says it's not going to change what I do tomorrow. The VIP actually said that to me when I was stressing out about the scale. He can be pretty smart sometimes...:D

All this talk about how your bodies are changing but not in the direction that you want....I wanna whine. NOT THAT I THINK YOUR WHINING. I'M GOING TO THOUGH! lol So here goes!

I'm pretty chesty...like...C-H-E-S-T-Y! And after 119 lbs, I've only gone down two cup sizes in a bra..:( I still can't buy a bra at victoria secret, and easily fit the thorax sizing it's the CUP sizes that won't work. Don't get me wrong...boobies are boobies...but seriously, only two cups sizes??!!! Ugh...lol

Course now I wonder what lurkers are reading this and getting a good laugh LOL

TracyAWC 01-27-2012 12:21 PM

Happy Friday all!

Had my 10 WI and lost 2.8 lbs. Told my coach that the minute my scale shows I've reached goal in the morning (at home) I was switching to P2 and she said ok (good thing!)

Hope everyone has a great day WI and OP-wise and that all sickies feel better. I've had sort of a upset stomach thing - hope it settles down soon.

rbtemplet 01-27-2012 12:24 PM

Good morning everyone!! I had a good WI yesterday...down 4 more pounds for a total of 42 lost since October. I finally feel like I got my grove back as far as this plan is concerned. Just having a lot of different things going on (really just life in general...lol) and I'd been in a funk since the beginning of the year. I finally feel like I'm coming out of it!! My coach says everyone goes through that at some point so I guess I'm "normal" after all! LOL!!

Wuv, saw your pic on FB with the nice write-up Ideal Protein AZ posted!! You are simply amazing and such an inspiration!! Your pics are incredible!!! Way to go, WUV!!!!! :carrot:

Hope everyone has a great OP weekend!! Congrats to all with NSV's and losses and wishes for strength to all who may be struggling!!

Mom3LoveBugs 01-27-2012 12:27 PM

good morning everyone and congrats to all of the losses... great job!

I had my 3rd week weigh in since my re-start and I lost 2 lbs which put my at 30 lbs total since starting IP (using alternatives). :carrot:

My goal still feels so far away though.... *sigh*

glomor 01-27-2012 12:46 PM

I appreciate the meal suggestions that people offer. I hate to cook so I am always looking for simple ideas. One idea I got from a co-worker. He and his wife eat vegetarian most of the time and passed this along. Maybe others here do it also. I make a big pan of veggies--broccoli, cauliflower, sliced zucchini, peppers, and mushrooms. Drizzle with olive oil and put in oven loosely covered with foil at 350 deg for about an hour. I keep it in the fridge and eat from it all week just warming it in the microwave. I experimented with seasonings but found I prefer not to use any, just sprinkling with sea salt before eating.

ICanLoseItThisTime 01-27-2012 12:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rokkerchik20 (Post 4191620)
Are you getting you minimum of 4 cups of lettuce each day?

Holy Smokes!! Are we supposed to have that much? on top of the 4 cups of veggies?! I am for sure not getting 4 cups a day!

Mom3LoveBugs 01-27-2012 12:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ICanLoseItThisTime (Post 4191659)
Holy Smokes!! Are we supposed to have that much? on top of the 4 cups of veggies?! I am for sure not getting 4 cups a day!

me either.... I don't have any lettuce! :o

Ishbel 01-27-2012 12:50 PM

Nah, you don't need that much lettuce, it's unlimited though so if you want that much lettuce you can.

It does help with constipation if you have that problem.

ICanLoseItThisTime 01-27-2012 12:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mom3LoveBugs (Post 4191667)
me either.... I don't have any lettuce! :o

I havent eaten any since the 2nd week!! have you noticed any... "issues" as far as your "bathroom habits" haha. Trying to be as polite as possible and sorry if TMI!